Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Gypsum, Hot Plate, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBuddyJack
Stranger
 User Gallery
new to this need opinion on possible contamination
    #27048711 - 11/20/20 12:23 PM (1 month, 26 days ago)

ok so can i get some help here this is what i got been tryin so fuckin hard to do this right. sanitized made the box, did the perlite thing. bought best dirt. all of the things to not fuck this up have been done by me.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCosmicKramer
Life Scientist
 User Gallery

Loc: Forward thinking Colorado Flag
Re: new to this need opinion on possible contamination [Re: BuddyJack]
    #27048727 - 11/20/20 12:32 PM (1 month, 26 days ago)

What's the question?  Those are contaminated for sure.  We need more info on your procedure to help. 

Keep trying, it's a practice.  You will rarely be successful the first time.  Take notes, adjust and keep going.

OfflineBuddyJack
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: new to this need opinion on possible contamination [Re: CosmicKramer]
    #27048750 - 11/20/20 12:46 PM (1 month, 26 days ago)

fuck...
ok so im way new if i ask dumb questions forgive me again completely new.
ok question going from here.

can i pin them even though they are contaminated and use the spores? or is that risky for new substrate?

also the process ok so

1 did the whole inoculate the jar thing and that looked good after a week. 

2 bought a shit ton of tupperware. put little tuppers in big one made holes put filter stuff in after sanitizing the shit out of it with 70% iso and fire. washed hands put on mask sanitized hands then dunked hands in iso and let them dry and sanitized my work area before i started.

3 did the layer thing mixed in the jar with the premo mushroom medium i got then kept the temp at around 85 and kept the humidity thing maxed out spraying it a few times a day and faning with the tupper lid.

thats where i am

OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

Loc: Underworld
Re: new to this need opinion on possible contamination [Re: BuddyJack]
    #27048813 - 11/20/20 01:26 PM (1 month, 26 days ago)

Quote:

BuddyJack said:
can i pin them even though they are contaminated and use the spores? or is that risky for new substrate?

If mushrooms were already growing, you'll have those. But, usually, new pins won't form when it's contaminated with competing mold. (Looks like trich to me).

Also, that mold is sporulating. It's probably all over your surface. If you had a mushroom in there that you could take a print from, you'd need to do a lot of cleaning on agar as you'd probably have a lot of mold spores in that print (I mean, in general they'd need to be cleaned on agar).

Quote:

BuddyJack said:
1 did the whole inoculate the jar thing and that looked good after a week.

What does this mean? Did you follow a TEK? If so, which TEK? Did you follow it exactly? Or was this a pre-made it? 

Quote:

BuddyJack said:
2 bought a shit ton of tupperware. put little tuppers in big one made holes put filter stuff in after sanitizing the shit out of it with 70% iso and fire. washed hands put on mask sanitized hands then dunked hands in iso and let them dry and sanitized my work area before i started.

Not sure what you are discussing here. Are you taking about spawning to a shoebox/container?

Quote:

BuddyJack said:
3 did the layer thing mixed in the jar with the premo mushroom medium i got then kept the temp at around 85 and kept the humidity thing maxed out spraying it a few times a day and faning with the tupper lid.

What is the layer thing? What is the "premo mushroom medium"? Are you taking about spawn (fully colonized brf jars or colonized oats/rye/etc) and substrate (such as coir)?

I think, in order for us to help you clean up your methods, we need to know exactly what you did. Here's the information we need:

1) What was your substrate? (Did you use brown rice flour with verm as in the P.F TEK or was it an oat TEK)?

2) Was your substrate pre-made? Or did you make it yourself and if so, how? Did you properly sterilized it in a Pressure cooker or steam sterilize in a pot?

3) What did you use to inoculate your substrate? MS Syringe? Agar wedge?

4) What was your sterile technique when inoculating? Still-air-box or flowhood? Open air inoculation?

5) Were there any signs of contamination when they were colonizing and did they fully colonize before you spawned them?

This first set will help us understand if your problem started with your sterile technique or substrate prep.

6) What did you spawn to? (Coir? Coir mixed with anything like verm or gypsum?) Did you use anything nutritious when spawning (such as horse poo?)?

7) How did you prepare your substrate? (Note: Some coir is treated with trich).

8) Did you follow a tek when spawning and what were your ratios of spawn to substrate?

--------------------
“The game is not about becoming somebody, it’s about becoming nobody.”

- Ram Dass

Edited by Socrateshroom (11/20/20 01:28 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Gypsum, Hot Plate, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started