Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNikon Addict
Another Earthling
Male

Loc: Colorado USA
How to solve the worlds problems
    #27040878 - 11/15/20 06:30 PM (17 days, 11 hours ago)

require really rich people to use psychedelics a few times and watch what happens

--------------------
personal note: "It’s fair to say I’m stepping out on a limb, but I am on the edge and that’s where it happens.”

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Roke
Re: How to solve the worlds problems [Re: Nikon Addict] * 2
    #27040886 - 11/15/20 06:32 PM (17 days, 11 hours ago)

I don't think that'll quite do it I'm afraid.
It seems to me psychedelics often reaffirm people's fundamental beliefs, so you'll likely just end up with Bezos and Musks who think they're literally in this 'simulation' to beat the high score in wealth accumulation

but it would still be entertaining

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
Re: How to solve the worlds problems [Re: Nikon Addict]
    #27040887 - 11/15/20 06:32 PM (17 days, 11 hours ago)

This would also solve em

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.”

InvisibleR.I.P.Zappa
Myco Melyco

Loc: In Between Space and Time Flag
Re: How to solve the worlds problems [Re: SirTripAlot] * 2
    #27040983 - 11/15/20 07:34 PM (17 days, 9 hours ago)

I agree with Ezuma on that.
I don't think it would have the effect you would like.
Particularly when given to those with predisposed sociopathic/psychopathic tendencies.

It's not like Charles Mason became a humanitarian because he used psychedelics a few times.  :uhoh:

--------------------
-The heaviest thing one will ever carry is a thought-
-"Like a Blind man In an orgy you gotta feel things out.".-
-When we agree about our hallucinations, we call it “reality".-
-If you defy authority because your told to, that's no better than blindly trusting authority.-

psychonautwiki.org

How it should & shouldn't look - NEW CULTIVATORS GUIDE
BOD's Easy AF OAT prep tek.
Principles of mushroom growing for beginners

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27042497 - 11/16/20 06:30 PM (16 days, 11 hours ago)

Quote:

Nikon Addict said:
require really rich people to use psychedelics a few times and watch what happens

Is there much evidence, that a few trips, change the average person into something much better than they were before?

.  I would think not, the Netherlands, are not known for being the new hotbed for human creativity, or a home of high moral examples others wish to emulate.
.  Like wise for the later 1960s psychedelic saturated hippies. A lot of folks got laid, and some communes built that lasted a few years, along with some superficial changes in personal fashion, and that's about it. They were followed by the Yuppies.

.  It was of course Tim Leary's dream, that LSD would give people the hearts of Buddhist monks, and the continually satisfied genitals of a Hugh Heffner, and the infinite bliss of junkies that never had to score. It was of course total BS.

--------------------
Hope has never been, an effective way to confront reality.
If it was, Buddha would have sold Hallmark cards.

OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger
Re: How to solve the worlds problems [Re: laughingdog]
    #27042584 - 11/16/20 07:27 PM (16 days, 10 hours ago)

Allot of those people just ended up stranded in San Fransisco .
Summer of love was only cool until winter came . 
Being a homeless hippie with no job or car really sucks when it's cold and raining .
The equator is the best place to be for that kind of shit . 
  If your going to be homeless and fucked up all the time not needing a jacket , warm pants or closed toe shoes really simplifies things .

--------------------

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
Re: How to solve the worlds problems [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #27043046 - 11/16/20 11:46 PM (16 days, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

SirTripAlot said:
This would also solve em

:canthelpbutlaugh:

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
    #27043304 - 11/17/20 07:38 AM (15 days, 21 hours ago)

Quote:

laughingdog said:
Quote:

Nikon Addict said:

Is there much evidence, that a few trips, change the average person into something much better than they were before?

.  I would think not, the Netherlands, are not known for being the new hotbed for human creativity, or a home of high moral examples others wish to emulate.
.  Like wise for the later 1960s psychedelic saturated hippies. A lot of folks got laid, and some communes built that lasted a few years, along with some superficial changes in personal fashion, and that's about it. They were followed by the Yuppies.

.  It was of course Tim Leary's dream, that LSD would give people the hearts of Buddhist monks, and the continually satisfied genitals of a Hugh Heffner, and the infinite bliss of junkies that never had to score. It was of course total BS.

If "A lot of folks got laid", then what's the complaint?

As far as the "superficial changes in personal fashion", punk did it better. Black leather jackets are so much cooler than brown leather, and for the most part that trend has lasted 45 years.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: How to solve the worlds problems [Re: Brian Jones]
    #27043883 - 11/17/20 03:26 PM (15 days, 14 hours ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Quote:

laughingdog said:
Quote:

Nikon Addict said:

As far as the "superficial changes in personal fashion", punk did it better. Black leather jackets are so much cooler than brown leather, and for the most part that trend has lasted 45 years.

.  You lost the subject of the thread which was answering the implied question: What would happen if we "require[d] really rich people to use psychedelics a few times and watch what happens"? ... and had nothing to do with "complaints". There was no complaint - the evidence was simply supplied that nothing of importance would happen.

.  If getting laid (& good fashion) is your standard measure for the potentials of living ... I will refrain from any specific comment ... after all getting laid equates to biological success -- but only if the kids survive and in turn become successful breeders themselves ... and so on. Which of course implies years of commitment, much of it most likely not being much fun.

.  Meanwhile back on topic: "nothing of importance would happen."

--------------------
Hope has never been, an effective way to confront reality.
If it was, Buddha would have sold Hallmark cards.

OnlineLoaded Shaman
Rational Fitlosopher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
Re: How to solve the worlds problems [Re: Nikon Addict] * 1
    #27048221 - 11/20/20 02:07 AM (13 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

Nikon Addict said:

You assume this would loosen their grip on greed instead of reinforce it.

I genuinely don't believe all psychs open all people up to love and light; they're gonna show you more of yourself and if you're sociopathic you're going to use that to your advantage against others instead of entertaining increases humility and self-awareness.

OR it could go as you say. Big gamble! Is it worse than doing nothing? Who decides and how can we know?

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

#27048274 - 11/20/20 03:53 AM (13 days, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

laughingdog said:
Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Quote:

laughingdog said:
Quote:

Nikon Addict said:

.  You lost the subject of the thread which was answering the implied question: What would happen if we "require[d] really rich people to use psychedelics a few times and watch what happens"? ... and had nothing to do with "complaints". There was no complaint - the evidence was simply supplied that nothing of importance would happen.

.  If getting laid (& good fashion) is your standard measure for the potentials of living ... I will refrain from any specific comment ... after all getting laid equates to biological success -- but only if the kids survive and in turn become successful breeders themselves ... and so on. Which of course implies years of commitment, much of it most likely not being much fun.

.  Meanwhile back on topic: "nothing of importance would happen."

No. I didn't lose the subject of the thread. No offense to anyone, but it really is a nonsense question. I responded in kind.

--------------------

OfflineNikon Addict
Another Earthling
Male

Re: How to solve the worlds problems [Re: Brian Jones]
    #27054180 - 11/23/20 05:49 PM (9 days, 11 hours ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:

No. I didn't lose the subject of the thread. No offense to anyone, but it really is a nonsense question. I responded in kind.

Actually, it's not nonsensical at all... The results of research on violent prisoners and abusive spouses who were given psilocybin(extracted) ts actually what prompted me to pose the original question...

--------------------
personal note: "It’s fair to say I’m stepping out on a limb, but I am on the edge and that’s where it happens.”

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: How to solve the worlds problems [Re: Nikon Addict] * 1
    #27054498 - 11/23/20 09:23 PM (9 days, 8 hours ago)

I do think psychedelics CAN help people improve themselves, break habits and improve mental health. I don't think psychedelics ALONE can achieve this however, and even with perfect conditions, I don't think they will fix everything or everyone. It's my opinion psychedelics show you things you already know (or think) about yourself, and the world around you.
Personally psychedelics have reinforced some of the core beliefs I was raised with, and I don't think most politicians or billionaires for example would be transformed so easily.

OfflineNikon Addict
Another Earthling
Male

Re: How to solve the worlds problems [Re: Ezuma]
    #27054835 - 11/24/20 03:13 AM (9 days, 2 hours ago)

I get what you're saying

--------------------

InvisibleWarrk
 User Gallery

#27054907 - 11/24/20 06:19 AM (8 days, 23 hours ago)

Or maybe ecstasy instead, or ecstasy and psychedelics together?

I think the world will always have problems so even if 1 or a few are solved new ones will emerge. So let's say hypothetically everything is solved right here and now, then what? Will humanity just become lazy, bored and stupid when there are no more challenges to overcome? Laziness, boredom and stupidity then become new problems.

And something like climate change is not going to be solved quickly regardless of our mindset.

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Re: How to solve the worlds problems [Re: Nikon Addict] * 2
    #27055333 - 11/24/20 12:58 PM (8 days, 16 hours ago)

Quote:

Nikon Addict said:
Quote:

Brian Jones said:

Actually, it's not nonsensical at all... The results of research on violent prisoners and abusive spouses who were given psilocybin(extracted) ts actually what prompted me to pose the original question...

I'm not saying it wouldn't work on anybody. It works on some people. SSRI's work on some people. Meditation, ketamine,  you name it.
I was commenting on the phrase "solving the world's problems" more than psychedelics. I've been around for six decades and the world's problems are not going to get solved.

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: How to solve the worlds problems [Re: Nikon Addict] * 3
    #27055379 - 11/24/20 01:35 PM (8 days, 15 hours ago)

Quote:

Nikon Addict said:

Let’s just take all their shit instead of hoping they meet God and change their whole philosophy on life.

It’s like breaking into a bank vault, not to steal the money, but to leave copies of the Communist Manifesto.

--------------------

OfflineskOsH
a little bit of chaos

Loc: the PNW
    #27055491 - 11/24/20 02:49 PM (8 days, 14 hours ago)

Quote:

Nikon Addict said:

Yeah they're known as the World Economic Forum and they have a terrible plan for earth (well, it might be nice if they weren't lying) Also no one voted for them.

--------------------
Meh

OnlineSingle_Sum

Re: How to solve the worlds problems [Re: Nikon Addict] * 3
    #27064480 - 11/30/20 01:58 PM (2 days, 15 hours ago)

Quote:

Nikon Addict said:

If history's any guide, we shouldn't rely on rich people to change by themselves.

Edited by Single_Sum (11/30/20 02:04 PM)

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: How to solve the worlds problems [Re: Single_Sum] * 1
    #27065235 - 11/30/20 09:03 PM (2 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

Single_Sum said:
Quote:

Nikon Addict said:

If history's any guide, we shouldn't rely on rich people to change by themselves.

:thumbup: history shows power is pretty much never ceded if the powerful can avoid it

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

General Interest >> Political Discussion