Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
the great horse chase
    #2704754 - 05/20/04 09:59 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

This I would suppose is the best place to post this as I would assume that someone other than myself has had exp. with this.  When I go to shroom in horse fields, I am often "chased" around the field by the horses in packs, and when I am far enough away- they stop. Then, with my back turned, (and only then), they proceed to stomp up closer and closer but at a reasonable clip.  I know they are certainly not carnivores :wink:, but they are rather large, and I was wondering if I am worrying to much, or will, should I stand my ground, they finally slow down before they finally get to me.  Sometimes they go pretty fast- it's the same effect of being chased by a fat man or something- it's just real intimidating.  Are they trying to scare the shit out of me.  No "colts?" in the field,(I assume colt means baby horse), so nothing to defend (save fotr the shrooms....hmm.....). Anyway- am I gonna get trampled (In your non- binding opinions). Thanks for any help or suggestions.  I'm tired of being chased over the fenceline.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedfwphotoguy
cameraologist
Loc: taking photos in DFW
Re: the great horse chase [Re: superblingtheory]
    #2704761 - 05/20/04 10:03 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Happens to me all the time. Most of the time you have nothing to worry about. They just see someone new who is not paying attention to them. I take a apple or some carrots when i am in a open horse field. That way if anyone does approach me i can also say i am just here for the horses. And then the horses are my friends.

Only one time did i almost get trampled. A big black stallion was pissed of i was in his field and he kept charging me and screaming. If the horse is being very vocal, you might do well to leave the field.

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
Re: the great horse chase [Re: dfwphotoguy]
    #2704780 - 05/20/04 10:11 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

thank you! I have never hear them make any noise but I have been to the same field many times now (cause it's the only one I can find subs in) and the same thing all the damn time. If I saw a black stallion charge me and scream I think I would shit my trousers man. I guess I'll try to feed them carrots before I go in- or after? I have carrots! That's a great idea! Last time I got chased into a shit area full of blackberry brier(sp) and got real stuck. Bummer.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification