Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | Next > | Last >
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: HamHead]
    #27046331 - 11/18/20 08:12 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

koods said:
NYC has one of the lowest infection rates in the country

You constantly provide examples that discredit your own arguments, like citing South Dakota as an example of good covid management

:shrug:

New York looks to be 12. South Dakota, 36th.

New York has 23x the population of South Dakota 🤦‍♂️

I’m talking about now. Not March. these are current numbers, not from March. Stop being disingenuous. If you’re talking about mask mandates then look at the data after mask mandates took effect. Let’s look at PER CAPITA deaths, since that data doesn’t depend on testing rates. (BTW despite only testing 300k, 6.6% of South Dakota residents have tested positive for covid, second only to North Dakota’s 8.8%) it’s staggering how poorly the dakotas have dealt with this pandemic.

This is the data for average daily per capita deaths over the past 7 days.

North and South Dakota currently have the highest covid mortality rates in the country. New York has one of the lowest. DC, which is an entirely urban jurisdiction where you would expect a respiratory disease to spread more easily, is even lower than New York. DC has the highest mask wearing compliance in the country. New York and DC went from having the highest rates of covid mortality in March to the lowest now. Pretty amazing, isn’t it?

Currently covid mortality in South Dakota is 11x higher than in New York
It’s amazing how completely intransigent you are to the most compeling data. You’re in a cult dude.

When did we change course to mortality? This all started with you claiming "NYC has one of the lowest infection rates in the country".

Which one of those is NYC? Is it Kings, or Queens, or Bronx?

More testing = more cases.

I’m making my point using mortality data so you can’t just dismiss it with “more testing=more cases” which you’re attempting to do anyways.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: koods]
    #27046352 - 11/18/20 08:25 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

But hey if you want to compare per capita rates of new infections, let’s go. North and South Dakota also leading in that department:

8 states with the highest per capita rates of new infections

And 8 lowest

South Dakota new infection rate is 7x higher than New York

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: HamHead] * 1
    #27046373 - 11/18/20 08:37 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

koods said:
Cool. Humans aren’t bats, so what is your point?

Coronaviruses mutate quickly.

If this is a major concern for you then arguing we should just let the virus run its course makes no sense. Not only does every infected person increase the risk of mutations, a significant mutation that renders acquired immunity worthless would also render herd immunity worthless.

If you worry about mutations the most important thing you should be concerned about is keeping the number of cases as low as possible since each case increases the risk of mutations.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
    #27046390 - 11/18/20 08:49 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Oh, I thought your point was cases in NYC are of the lowest in the US.

What am I attempting to dismiss again?

I think you're dismissing how poorly NYC has handled Covid, being THE highest death total in the country, since you want to point out mortality. Also, NYC has become an economic catastrophe, among the bottom 10 in unemployment.

I wonder how many people moved away from NYC this year. I heard there were runs on Uhaul.

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#27046399 - 11/18/20 08:51 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

koods said:
Cool. Humans aren’t bats, so what is your point?

Coronaviruses mutate quickly.

If this is a major concern for you then arguing we should just let the virus run its course makes no sense. Not only does every infected person increase the risk of mutations, a significant mutation that renders acquired immunity worthless would also render herd immunity worthless.

If you worry about mutations the most important thing you should be concerned about is keeping the number of cases as low as possible since each case increases the risk of mutations.

T-cell immunity.

:homerdrool:

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#27046447 - 11/18/20 09:11 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Oh, I thought your point was cases in NYC are of the lowest in the US.

What am I attempting to dismiss again?

I think you're dismissing how poorly NYC has handled Covid, being THE highest death total in the country, since you want to point out mortality. Also, NYC has become an economic catastrophe, among the bottom 10 in unemployment.

I wonder how many people moved away from NYC this year. I heard there were runs on Uhaul.

NYC covid mortality is close to non existent in the past six months.

NYC unemployment is 6.0%, significantly lower than the nationwide rate.

any other easily debunked arguments you’d like to make?

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#27046484 - 11/18/20 09:34 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Oh, now you want to bring up the flat line of non existing death in NYC, from this super deadly virus. I guess mask worked back then but not now?

Cuomo will fix that unemployment rate with some lockdowns. Don't you worry even a little.

Meanwhile, south Dakota will continue to refuse lockdowns and remain among the lowest unemployment rates.

To further strengthen my position on T-cell immunity, this video.

Edited by HamHead (11/18/20 09:54 PM)

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#27046522 - 11/18/20 09:56 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Oh, now you want to bring up the flat line of non existing death in NYC, from this super deadly virus. I guess mask worked back then but not now.

Dude the public health measures in New York clearly work. Whatever South Dakota is doing clearly doesn’t.

It’s as simple as that

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#27046533 - 11/18/20 10:05 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

HamHead said:
Oh, now you want to bring up the flat line of non existing death in NYC, from this super deadly virus. I guess mask worked back then but not now.

Dude the public health measures in New York clearly work. Whatever South Dakota is doing clearly doesn’t.

It’s as simple as that

Simply explain to over 34k families who lost loved ones in NY that mask work and their healthcare works.

Whoops, I forgot, didn't mask up until April.

:doh:

--------------------

Edited by HamHead (11/18/20 10:06 PM)

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: HamHead] * 4
    #27046534 - 11/18/20 10:07 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Okay…"Sorry your loved ones died.  Maybe if you/they had been wearing masks, that wouldn't have happened."

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#27046537 - 11/18/20 10:11 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Much is already known.

Some have trouble making it through 90 minutes of lecturing.

Posted 6 months ago.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#27046546 - 11/18/20 10:19 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

HamHead said:

It’s as simple as that

Simply explain to over 34k families who lost loved ones in NY that mask work and their healthcare works.

Whoops, I forgot, didn't mask up until April.

I’m constantly amazed how you end up making the opposite point you intended to make

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Enlil]
    #27046547 - 11/18/20 10:20 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Okay…"Sorry your loved ones died.  Maybe if you/they had been wearing masks, that wouldn't have happened."

I mean, Fauci said we didn't have to in early March. I think that interview was March 6th or 8th.

:shrug:

Strange timelines in these alternate realities I've found myself in.

--------------------

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: HamHead] * 2
    #27046572 - 11/18/20 11:05 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Yes and then by April the recommendation changed. Now the data is unassailable. Masks work.

NYC deaths yesterday: 10

South Dakota with 1/10th the population: 30

Stop with your bullshit dude

Interestingly half the deaths in New York City were in Staten Island, which only makes up 6% of the city’s population but is the only borough in the city that voted for Trump over Biden 🤔

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Edited by koods (11/18/20 11:14 PM)

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Roke
    #27046578 - 11/18/20 11:10 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Hamhead, as usual, has lost the plot

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Ezuma]
    #27046771 - 11/19/20 06:02 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ezuma said:

How? koods mentioned cases in NYC, I provide evidence of cases surging. koods then flips the convo to mortality rates, so I point that out and attempt to bring him back his original statements, which he then turns again to mortality.

What's fhe plot again? Shut down, wear mask, destroy economy, cause poverty, Orange man bad.

Who's lost?

--------------------

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: HamHead] * 2
    #27046806 - 11/19/20 07:11 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, all those countries all over the world are taking common sense measures to slow the spread of a deadly pandemic virus solely to spite soon to be former US president Donald Trump.

There’s also no possible way that the braindead assholes not wearing masks and refusing to abide by simple precautions are leading to tens of millions of people not feeling safe to go to work or shop at stores and contribute to the economy. Things would be just peachy if we all just pretended nothing was happening.

It boggles my mind the length people will go to just to deny a reality that they don’t like.

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: Coronavirus Chat [Re: Ezuma] * 3
    #27046811 - 11/19/20 07:18 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ezuma said:

Bold of you to assume he ever had it to begin with

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

#27046824 - 11/19/20 07:35 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

Ezuma said:

How? koods mentioned cases in NYC, I provide evidence of cases surging. koods then flips the convo to mortality rates, so I point that out and attempt to bring him back his original statements, which he then turns again to mortality.

What's fhe plot again? Shut down, wear mask, destroy economy, cause poverty, Orange man bad.

Who's lost?

I also posted the data for new cases, showing NY’s level of new infections is 6x lower than S.D.

I covered all the bases

--------------------
NotSheekle said

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Roke
    #27047107 - 11/19/20 10:49 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Quote:

Ezuma said:

Who's lost?

it would be easier for you if you actually read Koods' responses, then you could answer your own question

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates