Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlineverum subsequentis
seeker of truth
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: an answer that turned into a thread... slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: Dive_Deep]
    #26969346 - 10/04/20 03:47 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

:chesire:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHikeadellic
Fungi Fan
Male

Loc: Appalachian Trail
Re: an answer that turned into a thread... slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #26974629 - 10/07/20 10:38 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you for the good writeup fren! Just want to post this so I know I can come back to it in the future!

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
Re: an answer that turned into a thread... slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: Hikeadellic]
    #26974655 - 10/07/20 11:06 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

o7

Invisible210cg
💃

Re: an answer that turned into a thread... slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #27002568 - 10/25/20 11:23 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbup:

Offlinenogoodnamesleft
Stranger than average
 User Gallery

Loc: Melmak
Re: an answer that turned into a post. slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: 210cg]
    #27039791 - 11/15/20 12:59 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

So this is one of the few threads that mentions the socorex gun.

For all those that use it, instead of drilling a jar, could someone who wanted to use that gun get a GL45 cap that has ports on it to attach a dip tube?

Maybe a 2 port cap 1 side with a .1 micron syringe filter and the other side set up with a dip tube and barb to connect the gun ?

https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=104896

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
Re: an answer that turned into a post. slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: nogoodnamesleft]
    #27040584 - 11/15/20 01:29 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

If done correctly, I don't see why not. I didn't want anything in there messing up the stir and collecting myc all over it. So i drilled a hole in the bottom.

OfflineRumpleforeskin
Scientist new to mycology
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: an answer that turned into a post. slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #27045551 - 11/18/20 01:36 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for this!

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
Re: an answer that turned into a post. slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: Rumpleforeskin]
    #27045761 - 11/18/20 03:28 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

You're welcome

OfflineMr. Mushie

#27131651 - 01/06/21 08:31 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Verum, I've read through your OP many times in the last couple of months.

I'm assuming this is the general path for most people when they receive a print or swab.

MS grow clone hunt (multiple shoeboxes/tubs looking for desired characteristics)-> Fruit biospy(s) -> A2G -> spawn the clone cultures -> test clones for desired yield and potency -> (If satisfied) slant + master and slave plates as described if one wants to work that culture a bunch. (If not satisfied) back to spores to repeat process.

I'd imagine the steps in your write up describe how one would achieve something like this: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26090071

Now obviously Lot talks about his culture coming from a plate pin so you can scratch the MS grow -> clone hunt steps in this situation but is there any other steps one would need to follow to achieve something similar to the thread I linked? 

It seems as though he makes many slave plates to be able to keep up with all of that spawn production, but i'm simply assuming.

Quote:

LotKid said:
...I think i used a total of 3 maybe 4 toc plates to knock up all those toc masters.  And just a small wedge for the top 3 jars.

So he's using 3-4 plates, i'd guess 8-10 little pieces from each plate, to inoculate 30 master quart jars.

I've always been confused about the spawn production side of things for that grow. I don't mean to derail your thread but I thought it was relevant to the original ideas described in the OP and I know you, filth, and lotkid (cling-wrap connoisseur) are pals so you might be able to help me better understand.

Edited by Mr. Mushie (01/10/21 09:48 PM)

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
Re: an answer that turned into a thread... slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: Mr. Mushie]
    #27169002 - 01/25/21 12:09 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry brother. I totally missed this.

You can absolutely grab pins off a plate. There's no guarantee that they'll be stellar but they certainly usually do pretty well. Most experienced cultivators wouldn't throw an untested pin culture into a shit load of tubs. You'd want to save the culture on a plate or slant and grow out a tub or two. If those do killer, you swing for the fences.

Yes, you've got it pretty well summed up. All that matters are....
Achieving and preserving a clean and kick ass culture.
Knowing how to properly hydrate and sterilize spawn.
Being a rock star with sterile tek.
Learning to make up proper substrate.
Learning to dial in the growing conditions.

#EasyAsPie

OfflineFungshoo
Stranger
I'm a teapot

#27278135 - 04/22/21 12:47 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

this is amazing.
thanks for the write up.
ive been looking for an easy way to wrap my head around cloning and this made it way easier for me to understand and optimize.

Invisiblesandman420
Saint PP
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: an answer that turned into a thread... slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: Fungshoo]
    #27278254 - 04/22/21 03:12 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Personally I found the socorex syringe to get jammed up pretty easy. The springs in the 2 "ball valves" get clogged up with mycelium and then there's nothing you can do but dissemble, clean, sterilize. It was very frustrating. But pretty cool when it worked.

--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
Re: an answer that turned into a thread... slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: sandman420]
    #27278509 - 04/22/21 07:42 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

They get jammed (in my experience) when you pump nutritious myc laden lc through them and then let them sit. It seemed to me that the myc was colonizing the nutes in and around the spring and clogging it. To avoid this I had to either use the whole LC in one session or tilt the bottle and suck in air while clearing out the hose and syringe. Eventually I just found free pouring to be altogether easier.

@Fungshoo. Sweet. I'm glad it's helped.

OfflineFungshoo
Stranger
I'm a teapot

#27281580 - 04/25/21 01:52 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

question : why are your agar wedges round in the inoculated jars?
do you cut the entire middle section of your petri out and drop it ?

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
Re: an answer that turned into a thread... slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: Fungshoo]
    #27281583 - 04/25/21 01:56 PM (2 years, 11 months ago)

Answer: I generally put a plate to four masters. In that case I was testing Isolates so I put each plate to it's quart. I generally avoid edges as they are the most likely place for poop to have fallen in. So yeah, flame and cut around the entire plate leaving a quarter inch or so around the perimeter.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate