Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, HEPA Filter

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineLtLurker
Lost Sailor
 User Gallery

Loc: Borderlands Flag
Re: When did you finally "get" it? [Re: MycoTricho]
    #27050511 - 11/21/20 04:05 PM (5 days, 20 hours ago)

Quote:

MycoTricho said:
Quote:

If you have a nearby friend "in the business," getting a clean LC would be a really good way to jump start.

I have been trying to find LC's on some of the sites from the vendors list, but all I can find is gourmet LC's. I may just be missing something, though. Is there a specific vendor you know of who sells Cube LC's?

In the states it's illegal to ship lc of actives, you won't find a vendor that does this. The law prohibits psilocybin, and mycelium does contain psilocybin making it illegal while the spores aren't.

--------------------

:mushroom2:Trade List:mushroom2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMycoTricho
Hermit
Male

Re: When did you finally "get" it? [Re: LtLurker]
    #27050539 - 11/21/20 04:27 PM (5 days, 20 hours ago)

Quote:

LtLurker said:
Quote:

MycoTricho said:
Quote:

If you have a nearby friend "in the business," getting a clean LC would be a really good way to jump start.

I have been trying to find LC's on some of the sites from the vendors list, but all I can find is gourmet LC's. I may just be missing something, though. Is there a specific vendor you know of who sells Cube LC's?

In the states it's illegal to ship lc of actives, you won't find a vendor that does this. The law prohibits psilocybin, and mycelium does contain psilocybin making it illegal while the spores aren't.

That makes sense. Thank you.

OfflineLifesaJourney
Stranger
Re: When did you finally "get" it? [Re: MycoTricho] * 1
    #27050620 - 11/21/20 05:39 PM (5 days, 19 hours ago)

I started out by doing my best to “get it” before I started at all. I joined the shroomery and lurked for a very long time. I read and read the TEKs and them read them some more. I kept a journal and made notes on the techniques I wanted to try. I invested a lot of time reading and researching and taking notes before I decided which strains I wanted to grow.  When I decided to go for it I invested a bit of money and bought all the right gear and equipment I tried several different techniques and realized what worked for me, and what didn’t work for me.

I was pretty successful, I grew enough for an approximately 2 year stash for myself, my girlfriend and all of our friends. Enough so that I’ve been able to give away about 90% of what I grew to people I know and love. I’ve given away so much to people that need it, people who microdose to combat migraines or depression, and I’ve given away so much to people who just wanna trip lol.

It’s about time to grow again. I figure I’m on a schedule to probably do a grow every couple years now.

InvisibleWrightii
Stranger Danger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: When did you finally "get" it? [Re: LifesaJourney]
    #27050639 - 11/21/20 05:51 PM (5 days, 19 hours ago)

For me consistant good results became reality when I build a flowhood.
Ran in to a guy that had a company designing industrial cleanrooms, and was able to buy 2 HEPA filters that he mistakenly orderd for a fraction of the retail price (got very lucky).
Whole flowhood set me back less than 80 euros, but was a complete game changer.
All the frustration of SAB work and prepoured agar was over! Such a relief, especially for people with sub par fine motor skills, like yours truely.
Doing open pours, easy isolation, G2G, A2G, LC and cloning made everything so much less frustrating and so much more fun. Made me start cloning wild edibles and psychedelics aswell, which now slowly leads to a library of slants in my fridge :laugh:. Also started with isolating wild yeast strains I find around the house. It really added a whole new level to the hobby. If you have a small amount of space to spare and time to set it up, I do definitly recomend it!

Cheers!

InvisibleWrightii
Stranger Danger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: When did you finally "get" it? [Re: Wrightii]
    #27050645 - 11/21/20 05:55 PM (5 days, 19 hours ago)

Appart from the flowhood the best step I took was going agar.
Not only did it reduce my contam rate, it also provided me much more insight in the lifecycle and genetics of mushrooms. Good step to make before going to grains I would say.

OfflineHikeadellic
Visionary
Male

Loc: Wherever the wind takes m...
Re: When did you finally "get" it? [Re: Wrightii]
    #27051347 - 11/22/20 01:54 AM (5 days, 11 hours ago)

I've heard that you should keep mycology slants n stuff in a separate myco only fridge

Offlineblack strat
Strangler
 User Gallery
Re: When did you finally "get" it? [Re: MycoTricho]
    #27051442 - 11/22/20 03:57 AM (5 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

MycoTricho said:
Quote:

black strat said:
hey man, I feel like you and I are in very similar situations.

Gonna go check out that thread now. I'm curious how your print to agar went, so I'd love to hear about it when you get a chance. Just poured my agar plates last night, and going to nocc with a syringe tonight. I don't have any prints, but i may order some.

I already have some Pasty Plates going, but I think I fucked those up. I may have fucked up these new ones as well, there is a bunch of moisture in all of them. I moved them straight to the fridge like an idiot after I poured them. Gonna make a post and see if I can save them somehow.

LOL, wow, the similarities continue.. I too sent my plates to the fridge not long after pouring them. being my first session of agar, I was really worried about fucking them up, didn't know exactly how long they'd last in room temp, so kinda panicked a little and thought I was playing it safe. came to find out real quick - it does NOT take long to go thru a whole round of agar and plates. second round of agar and pouring went much, much smoother. I wanna say I'm probably done with ketchup cups for now tho. my pasty plates came in the mail today, and I also found some Ball ~4oz little jam-jars that are absolutely perfect for agar, or so I think.

today I tossed ALL of those plates you see in my thread. total bust. must've been close to 25 or more moldy, bullshit cups. now that it's been a few days since I wrote you that first comment, I would even alter my original sentiment a little bit towards more of a.. - "check out my thread, to see exactly what not to do", or realistically, I just hope your next week isn't similar to what my last week was hahah, if that makes sense.

and yes, if all ya got is spore syringes, go LIGHT on them puppies.. the more solution that ends up on your plate, the higher a chance of it turning into a snot blob.  although, it's been pretty much confirmed that my syringes I bought are jus fucking filthy inside. not holding it against them - that's jus what it is. after talking to a TC from this site, he advised me to just spend the rest of the syringes on BRF cake attempts, and trying to have that play out. that's what I'm gonna do.

so now I'm just left with 4 active agar plates after throwing the rest of them out from the past week. all 4 have been inoc'd for roughly 4 days so far, from 4 different prints, with zero signs of either myc growing, OR bacteria/mold growing.... I'm taking that as a tentative win so far..

sorry for such a long winded post!!  best of luck on your syringes my brother, I hope they give us something to look at soon.. and keep us updated on all developments!! cheers man.

Edited by black strat (11/22/20 12:12 PM)

OfflineGrinchGrower
N00B
Male User Gallery

Re: When did you finally "get" it? [Re: black strat]
    #27051444 - 11/22/20 03:59 AM (5 days, 8 hours ago)

I don't think you are supposed to name drop vendors good or bad.

--------------------
:mushroom:GrinchGrower:mushroom:
Smartattack said: I'm kind of a big FAE fan.

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, HEPA Filter

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, geokills, Asante, Shroomism, RogerRabbit, mushboy, fahtster, wildernessjunkie, Ballerium, cronicr, bodhisatta
361 topic views. 1 members, 14 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2020 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 13 queries.