Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Argue for your limitations
    #2704459 - 05/20/04 04:35 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

and they will be yours...

I think I can

I think I can

I think I can

I think I can

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Argue for your limitations [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2706243 - 05/20/04 04:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I have to mention the book that Skorp recommended that I read, "What to say when you talk to yourself."

He says that if we understand the way the brain works, we will be able to make changes in our lives by changing the way we talk to ourselves.

For instance, if I keep feeding my brain the thoughts that I can't succeed at this law thing, then my brain will help me to not succeed. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

But if I change the way I talk to my brain, my brain will support me. If I start telling my brain that I am going to be successful, my brain will start telling me what to do to be successful and will notify me of opportunities that I should take.

We are told negative things aproximately 148,000 times from birth to 18 years old. We are probably told a few handfuls of positive things, comparatively.

When we are adults, we pick up where our parents and teachers and other significant people in our lives left off. "I am not musically inclined." "I can't run very fast." "I'm not a good student."

By repeating these things to ourselves, we ensure that we will remain unable to do things in our lives that would be good for us or cause us to feel good about ourselves.

For instance, "I will never lose this weight. I'm not good at dieting." You will then, of course, always be overweight and you will probably fail every diet you try. But if you change that line of thought to, "I will lose this weight. I can start eating right and I will feel good about myself.", you will reprogram your brain to reject foods that are bad for you and seek out foods that are good for you.

So most definitely, "I think I can, I think I can" is very important to how the brain affects are successes and failures in life. We are not aware how the brain affects us subconsciously, or we wouldn't think negative thoughts.

Change the way you think by changing the way you talk to yourself.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology