Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlinekarri0n
No Title
 User Gallery

Re: Check out my agar, please? [Re: black strat]
    #27050064 - 11/21/20 10:44 AM (5 days, 14 hours ago)

Quote:

black strat said:
Jus opened one to sacrifice - lmfao, smelled like the wet sock you find behind the washing machine after 2 weeks.

man, do I feel like an ass....

then I opened another. it smelled like mushrooms, and mold. then another, and same thing.

is it possible there is myc in some of these, trying to compete with mold? I mean, they obviously can and do grow together.

and just for my own curiousity, what is that stuff growing out on the edge? the stuff actually growing IN the new agar, it looks like.

I was personally thinking the same thing. Some of your plates seem to have short hair along with the long hair and I think the short hair could be myc. If it continues to grow like that and consumes the food coloring I'd bet it's mycelium.

The problem is that mold might have sporulated all over everything in the plate, or it might not have.

--------------------
Anything written above is just as likely to be accurate as it is to be corrected by someone smarter than me two posts from now.

My Journal / Grow Log

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleIdiotCircusBoy
Human Person
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Check out my agar, please? [Re: black strat]
    #27050376 - 11/21/20 02:09 PM (5 days, 10 hours ago)

Best of luck with those things.  I'm assuming you don't need wrap those since the lid screws on.  Just found the below post from about a year ago by Mr. Alien.  Agar is pretty cool cause you feel like a scientist. 

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26374264#26374264

Quote:

black strat said:
sloppy bacterial orgy

---Best band name ever---

--------------------
Just call me Idiot

"People hasten to judge in order not to be judged themselves."

Offlinekarri0n
No Title
 User Gallery

Re: Check out my agar, please? [Re: IdiotCircusBoy]
    #27053200 - 11/23/20 12:46 AM (4 days, 9 minutes ago)

Quote:

black strat said:
yeah, I ordered an 8 pack of those Holy Grail jawns off amazon. says driver is out for delivery right now.

if nothing else, the ketchup cups have been a cheap way for me to just dip my toes in and start playing around with agar. I'm enjoying it. I did a print swipe with a sterile swab about 60 or so hours ago. so far none of those are showing signs of anything. which I count as a small win, because up until those, every one of my cups has been just an extremely sloppy bacterial orgy from the 70s, you know, the kind where there is just complete and utter disregard for any semblance of conservative or selective love-making -- I mean everything is fucking everything. you know that scene from the movie Caligula? yeah like that, only on a microscopic level.

Hey you probably have some germination by now, eh?

And have you had a chance to try out the holy grail containers? I recommend the "defective lid" vendor that sells 20 for cheaper, they are the same ones and the lids fit on both, I bought 8 then 20 and am gonna be getting 20 more.

let me know how you like the feel of the twist containers vs those ketchup cups. I've been considering trying the ketchup cups since it's a lot easier to get a shitload of them and they seemed pretty convenient. It would be nice to have just like 100 plates I could swipe/transfer/clone/whatever to, whenever I want, and not have to worry about them so much.

--------------------
Anything written above is just as likely to be accurate as it is to be corrected by someone smarter than me two posts from now.

My Journal / Grow Log

Onlineblack strat
Strangler
 User Gallery
Re: Check out my agar, please? [Re: karri0n]
    #27053215 - 11/23/20 01:24 AM (3 days, 23 hours ago)

Quote:

karri0n said:
Quote:

black strat said:
yeah, I ordered an 8 pack of those Holy Grail jawns off amazon. says driver is out for delivery right now.

if nothing else, the ketchup cups have been a cheap way for me to just dip my toes in and start playing around with agar. I'm enjoying it. I did a print swipe with a sterile swab about 60 or so hours ago. so far none of those are showing signs of anything. which I count as a small win, because up until those, every one of my cups has been just an extremely sloppy bacterial orgy from the 70s, you know, the kind where there is just complete and utter disregard for any semblance of conservative or selective love-making -- I mean everything is fucking everything. you know that scene from the movie Caligula? yeah like that, only on a microscopic level.

Hey you probably have some germination by now, eh?

And have you had a chance to try out the holy grail containers? I recommend the "defective lid" vendor that sells 20 for cheaper, they are the same ones and the lids fit on both, I bought 8 then 20 and am gonna be getting 20 more.

let me know how you like the feel of the twist containers vs those ketchup cups. I've been considering trying the ketchup cups since it's a lot easier to get a shitload of them and they seemed pretty convenient. It would be nice to have just like 100 plates I could swipe/transfer/clone/whatever to, whenever I want, and not have to worry about them so much.

hey bro, NO, I don't see ANYthing yet.... I am pretty content with peeking at them here and there, and not seeing any bacteria or mold, but the impatience in me gets triggered when I'm not seeing any myc either.. ah well, playing the long game, it seems they are.. little fuckers. print to swab to plate is the way to go tho for me, no doubt.

so no, I haven't used the new plates yet, I'll probably cook up a batch of agar sometime this week, and use both the new ones, and remaining ketchup cups. tbh, I couldn't really tell ya if they're the way to go yet. I'm such a noob and don't have much to compare anything to yet hah. but like I said, the cups I inoc'd 4-5 days ago are still contam free, so they must be sufficient on some level, ya know?

I talked to a couple TCs here and they both said the same thing -- I should use the rest of my syringes on good ol brf cakes. that's my next project I'm lookin forward to.

I'll remember that about the "defective" ones -- thats a fuckin steal if they work the same as the others. cheers!

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Microscope

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started