Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
All food is now dangerous.
    #27016019 - 11/01/20 04:36 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

So instead of being a source of nutrition, culture and pleasure it is now broadcast consistently that food is dangerous. But depending on who you listen to there is no agreement on what is actually bad for you. Meat causes cancer, dairy clogs your arteries, vegetable irritate your digestive system, fruit ruins your teeth, grain fogs your brain and makes you fat... and so the list goes on.

Then all the stuff I was told 20 years ago was corrected 10 years ago, and now they are saying all of that was wrong and now it's corrected again. Seems that people really don't know what the hell is going on.

Sure it makes sense that non-food items eaten as food aren't really food, but as to the rest of it?

It's morning tea in half an hour. I have absolutely 0 idea what the healthy choice is anymore.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: All food is now dangerous. [Re: Northerner] * 1
    #27016032 - 11/01/20 04:45 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

You can't go wrong with normal veggies and small portions of proteins meng.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Re: All food is now dangerous. [Re: mndfreeze]
    #27016069 - 11/01/20 05:06 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I normally eat fresh cooked meals at night that are mostly veggies, small portions of meat a couple of times a week. On Saturday I often make myself a bacon, egg and mushroom breakfast. Seems to feed me with the inevitable work I do on the weekends. I eat fruit a few times a week, bread sometimes (not white), chocolate sometimes, never soda or crap like that.

It's just the apparent contradictions in modern health advice that I'm illuminating. I'm getting older now and would like to make my diet even better if I could, but there's no sense in modern advice to be found.

--------------------

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
Re: All food is now dangerous. [Re: Northerner] * 1
    #27030775 - 11/09/20 08:52 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

If you spent most of your time alone, and instead of avoiding depression by socializing or working or whatever, you exercised, your body would eventually become strong enough to fight most problems off because you would naturally desire healthy food because you were alone, which has been my experience when spending so much time alone that I was no longer addicted to, or controlled by the emotions created by socializing/people, but the demand and controlling nature of society/job/people chains people to a lazy lifestyle that causes their intelligence to deteriorate... slowly... Sometimes it evolves into "mental illness"... sometimes it evolves into other problems... but on a widespread scale, it evolves into Trump being president, obesity being a socially acceptable morbidity, mental illness a common and normal thing, drama a popular thing, sex the biggest industry... all kinds of stupid things.

--------------------
No one knows who I am.
Therefore, I am not anyone.

Offlineparadoxlost
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: All food is now dangerous. [Re: thirtygoats] * 1
    #27031187 - 11/10/20 07:56 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I have a theory:

So the vegan v. carvnivore, carb v. fat v. sugar, etc debates are so hard to parse out because it seems like once you eliminate the standard american diet, aka once you start eating clean food -- food without/with minimal heavy metal, fertilizer, pesticide contamination, and once you start exercising -- which seems to be the case in people who are getting their act together -- you will ultimately become healthier. Everything can have negative side effects cause everything can carry toxins in them, and the studies don't measure these loads in those studies.

But basically eating clean and exercising have two functions in common: they both foster healthy bacteria flora in your body (gut, skin, mouth, nose, lungs, etc). Also, clean eating and exercise make you feel good as well, stimulating the endogenous nervous system. This is because your health is tied to your microbial community. And this seems to be the case for all living systems: if you maintain a healthy microbial community, you will have a better functioning biological system

Why?

This world is for microbes. They engineered living systems as habitats and mechanisms for interacting with this world. They engineered your consciousness so they can use your eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and nerve endings to interact with this world. They are your consciousness. They are your perception.

--------------------
[quote]koods said:
Asante, I don’t think we should have any sympathy and should celebrate the deaths of antivax/antimask activists. They are responsible for far more American deaths than al Qaeda ever was. Every time one of them dies ther movement of death is weakened.ut[/quote]

[quote]koods said:
Chasing variants with vaccines is a dumb idea[/quote]

OfflineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Re: All food is now dangerous. [Re: paradoxlost]
    #27031675 - 11/10/20 01:43 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

There is a meaning to life after all, to serve on microbe overlords.  :awesome:

--------------------

Offlineparadoxlost
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: All food is now dangerous. [Re: Northerner]
    #27031722 - 11/10/20 02:13 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, exactly. I know you find it unbelievable, but hte Vatican has the species of the surpreme microbial species or the "God" species that is capable of telekinesis and telepathy.

--------------------
[quote]koods said:
Asante, I don’t think we should have any sympathy and should celebrate the deaths of antivax/antimask activists. They are responsible for far more American deaths than al Qaeda ever was. Every time one of them dies ther movement of death is weakened.ut[/quote]

[quote]koods said:

Offlinethealienthatategod
retrovertigo
Female

#27031982 - 11/10/20 04:59 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Offlineparadoxlost
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: All food is now dangerous. [Re: thealienthatategod]
    #27031995 - 11/10/20 05:09 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Oh god... hahaha thats awesome.

--------------------
[quote]koods said:

[quote]koods said:

Offlinestzacrack
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: United States
    #27033110 - 11/11/20 09:52 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Yea that's why I barely eat and drink everyday

I'll poison myself with drugs of my choice not so much food

OfflinePumpJackTeX
livin life
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Re: All food is now dangerous. [Re: stzacrack]
    #27051275 - 11/21/20 10:24 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

gluten almost killed me

--------------------
Life. 2008

Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021

OfflineJonBa
Hawaiian shirt weirdo

Re: All food is now dangerous. [Re: PumpJackTeX]
    #27051766 - 11/22/20 09:09 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Food is getting the blame because for some reason it's easier to say food in the problem instead of admitting that blowing up a bunch of nukes has made the planet into a cancer factory

OfflinePumpJackTeX
livin life
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
Re: All food is now dangerous. [Re: JonBa]
    #27052810 - 11/22/20 07:06 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Spaying everything with Round Up to the point that it is concentrated in your food, General Mills test the highest, does not help the radiation situation

--------------------
Life. 2008

Ascension Energy | UFOs | 2021

OfflineJizzMasterZero
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27077729 - 12/07/20 07:54 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

PumpJackTeX said:
gluten almost killed me

You need to fight back and become a Cereal Killer.

--------------------

Offlineparadoxlost
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27078326 - 12/08/20 07:51 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

PumpJackTeX said:
Spaying everything with Round Up to the point that it is concentrated in your food, General Mills test the highest, does not help the radiation situation

You're not wrong, but lets not pretend that chronic round up exposure is akin to long tern nuclear radiation exposure.

--------------------
[quote]koods said:

[quote]koods said:

OfflineOutsideOfMyMind
LSD Self Administrative Director
Male User Gallery

#27090986 - 12/15/20 06:32 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I think we are living in the age of disinformation. So many big food corporations have lobbied with the government and with medical insurance companies I literally think everything is just a lie. Same thing with politics. You can't just turn on a news station or go to a news website and expect to read the truth. Everything is a fucking lie. You have to research everything on your own now.

I think you just need to use your gut instinct.

--------------------

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#27104698 - 12/23/20 06:24 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Northerner said:
So instead of being a source of nutrition, culture and pleasure it is now broadcast consistently that food is dangerous. But depending on who you listen to there is no agreement on what is actually bad for you. Meat causes cancer, dairy clogs your arteries, vegetable irritate your digestive system, fruit ruins your teeth, grain fogs your brain and makes you fat... and so the list goes on.

Then all the stuff I was told 20 years ago was corrected 10 years ago, and now they are saying all of that was wrong and now it's corrected again. Seems that people really don't know what the hell is going on.

Sure it makes sense that non-food items eaten as food aren't really food, but as to the rest of it?

It's morning tea in half an hour. I have absolutely 0 idea what the healthy choice is anymore.

I think there's a whole industry in making people afraid of or confused by foods. In my opinion, a lot of people also seem to suffer from food-related obsessive compulsive thinking, body dysmorphia and other shitty effects of marketing and propaganda.

A lot of food is industrial crap and not great to eat but it sounds like you already know what to steer clear of more or less.

I'd recommend, in light of my comments above, not worrying too much and just eating what feels right and noting how you feel afterwards. Unless you have some GI issues or major health issues (I have a fairly serious GI issue that I've mostly or at least relatively gotten under control without medication) you should be fine. Also, if you're active and expending energy, it gives you a little more flexibility in what'll nourish you well - in my experience anyway.

I try to avoid gluten, coffee and alcohol but I'm not super strict about it (have had to be in the past though).

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Invisiblepassifloracaerulea
 User Gallery

Re: All food is now dangerous. [Re: Lion]
    #27114831 - 12/29/20 07:42 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

All orange foods are bad.

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: All food is now dangerous. [Re: passifloracaerulea]
    #27115806 - 12/30/20 09:24 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

passifloracaerulea said:
All orange foods are bad.

?

Orange foods are great. Oranges, mandarins, carrots, salmon, char, rainbow trout, sweet potatoes...

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

OfflineskOsH
Functionally dysfunctional
 User Gallery

Loc: the PNW
Re: All food is now dangerous. [Re: Lion]
    #27116291 - 12/30/20 01:11 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Did the word orange come first for describing the color of orange, or was the fruit called an orange first? Also if it's the former, how come they gave the orange the most unoriginal name?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale