Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineShaperDreaming
Weirdo
Female User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Re: SFF Oat Prep and Storage TEK [Re: Crackatoa]
    #26224392 - 10/02/19 09:36 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Technically white millet is birdseed, just the best part for mycology. As a bonus, cooked millet smells delicious. It's weird.

For RGS ... how are you all affording this? Everywhere I looked was like $1.50+ per pound. I get 50# of millet for $18. That's about as much as I'm willing to spend.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrackatoa
Stranger in a strange land
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Over by your Mama's house Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: SFF Oat Prep and Storage TEK [Re: ShaperDreaming]
    #26224402 - 10/02/19 09:41 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

That's the horrible part, RGS is expensive as fuck, at first I didn't I'd like it but it's days quicker than oats. I'm trying wbs/oat mix now and see how that goes. Put a plate in some the other night. Plate might not be clean but had to put something on it and if I get one fruit I can clone it'll be worth it, maybe 😒

--------------------

Crack's Tek's and Shit

InvisibleTeaforTwo
Flight Attendant
I'm a teapot

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Psychonaut City, Mile Hi! Flag
    #26224447 - 10/02/19 09:56 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

:irishtoast: I really like what I've read on RGS, Violet's teks iirc was where i first read about it on forums months back.

Have a few grains to try and see what I prefer working with but oats and rgs have been what I want to start with. the wbs is something we have on hand for the bird feeder out front, concerns being removing all the corn and sunflower seeds. Also have a real good looking chicken scratch we get from our mom&pop feed store for the egg layers here, but more cracked corn than wbs, so..lazy me continues looking for the simple and reliable grains.

yah Shaper, cost of rgs was significant enough for me to limit it to grain masters, at least until I get to know it better- so still on the fence over grain(s) to use and plan on starting with cheaper grain (oats and w.millet now) for spawn jars. felt like I could get a lot of bang for the buck from oats, especially since no grows yet - so noob mistakes and losses are expected while I get self sorted. Really liking that you pointed out white millet is not much more in cost and you prefer it more to work with.

--------------------
See a mush cult pic you love? add it here: January 2020 PoM nominations thread! (up vote your faves to ensure they are included in final vote!). Community selected winner receives a 6mo Supporter account upgrade and/or other prizes from our awesome admin team!

Looking for something? Try Psilosopherr's Tek Compendium and pixelpopper's essentialzzz ForTheWin!

Be well, friend. Stay Strong and Beautiful, Always, and in All Ways~
Look Forward, Seek Truth, Find Real, Go Further~

OfflineCrackatoa
Stranger in a strange land
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Over by your Mama's house Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: SFF Oat Prep and Storage TEK [Re: TeaforTwo]
    #26224484 - 10/02/19 10:08 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Most sunflower seeds will float to the top, just stir it around and get rid of everything that floats.

--------------------

Crack's Tek's and Shit

InvisibleYogiBear
Male User Gallery

#26362228 - 12/05/19 04:56 AM (4 years, 3 months ago)

:takingnotes:

Offlineboom999
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26430535 - 01/13/20 12:39 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ShaperDreaming said:
The journey was weird, but I've settled on white millet. It's a bit more expensive than Oats, but we're talking like an extra $10 every 3 months. Not like I'm breaking the bank on this. The prep is so much easier, and so far the results have been super consistent. I also tried Rye, but I couldn't get that to work for me.

What issues were you having with Rye?  I've only used Rye and Grass Seed so far. I'm thinking now I'm going to try white millet.

Thanks,
Boom

OfflineGRIMSLEY
Trich farmer
 User Gallery

#27029398 - 11/08/20 11:36 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

"I've been then letting it sit for 40 min may be a more even "soak" cooking, but I've stopped using oats, so... yeah. :shrug:

Stopped using OATS? What do you use now ?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale