Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Comp to Home Theater
    #2702273 - 05/19/04 06:37 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Recently did this and since I use my DVD for playing CD's, I hooked the comp to the CD input. Works, but not as loud as I would have expected. (almost, but not quite)

Would a different set of inputs be better?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Comp to Home Theater [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2783882 - 06/11/04 06:02 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

bump

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
    #2784005 - 06/11/04 08:17 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

look into a device from Haupauge called media MVP it is connected to you comp by T-100 and has S-video and rca audio and video out.It plays your media files (Movies,Videos,Pictures) on home theater and has a remote control for accesing your files from the theater.
good luck.I am running this and it works pretty good.I expect better interfaces in the next few yrs though.
I expect a converter for HDTV's as monitors integrated with wireless keyboard and mouse within a year or less.
WR:wexican:
PS look into a high quality sound card also!

--------------------
To old for this place

Edited by whiterasta (06/11/04 08:18 AM)

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#2784387 - 06/11/04 11:54 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

if you are only doing stereo, then CD inputs are fine. They are standard low level. The only input (RCA) that you do NOT want to use is a phone set, as they have different resistances etc designed for record players.

If its to quiet is beacuse your source voltage is low compared to your other sources. turn the volume control 'up' on your computer or put it in the headphone out jack (amplified, compared to line out)

Dont raise the volume to high though or you could blow your RCA inputs.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology