Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Give up your rights, it is America afterall!
    #2695057 - 05/18/04 05:32 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

The following is from the leader of the free world...

Quote:

"The sacred institution of marriage should not be redefined by a few activist judges. All Americans have a right to be heard in this debate," the president said in a written statement.

"I called on the Congress to pass, and to send to the states for ratification, an amendment to our Constitution defining and protecting marriage as a union of a man and a woman as husband and wife. The need for that amendment is still urgent, and I repeat that call today."

> The sacred institution of marriage should not be redefined by a few activist judges.

Why is marriage sacred? If it is sacred, then religion must play into it, and the government should stay out of the arguement, no?

> I called on the Congress to pass, and to send to the states for ratification, an amendment to our Constitution ... The need for that amendment is still urgent, and I repeat that call today.

With all that is happening in the world, all the problems we have with terrorism, don't you think we could be wasting our time on something more important like pay raises for congress?

I thought we already decided that 'seperate but equal' is a form of descrimination. Marriage, civil union... the same thing, but with different names... seperate but equal.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Give up your rights, it is America afterall! [Re: Seuss]
    #2695339 - 05/18/04 09:05 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

please don't confuse bush with his double standards.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2695468 - 05/18/04 10:09 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Cultural conservative are being encouraged to get worked up about this in the hopes they will ignore Bush's transgressions in other areas.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
    #2695485 - 05/18/04 10:18 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I am convinced that most republicans, and specifically (*) and his Neocon brethren, are quite immune to irony. To whit:

Quote:

The sacred institution of marriage should not be redefined by a few activist judges.

Just 3 days after El Shrubbo made this comment, a state supreme court judge in North Dakota issued a statewide order to stop all abortions in the state, despite it being quite illegal to do so - an order that remained in place for about a week.

This was, of course, the work of one "activist judge" - but of course, since it falls in line with the (*) party line, noone from the White House bothered to acnowledge that part.

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

OfflineFrankieJustTrypt
and fell

Loc: MI
    #2696791 - 05/18/04 02:56 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Translation:

Hey religious right, I'm talking to you.. If you don't vote for me you hate god!

--------------------
If you want a free lunch, you need to learn how to eat good advice.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2696955 - 05/18/04 03:18 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The sacred institution of marriage should not be redefined by a few activist judges.

Yes, marriage is for Britney Spears, Liz Taylor and people who want to marry a millionare.

Quote:

I called on the Congress to pass, and to send to the states for ratification, an amendment to our Constitution ... The need for that amendment is still urgent, and I repeat that call today.

Because gay marriage will be the downfall of society and is a slippery slope that leads to people marrying dogs. Just like when women got the vote.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

Re: Give up your rights, it is America afterall! [Re: Learyfan]
    #2699672 - 05/19/04 01:18 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

yeah giving women the vote was a slipery slope, now its just leading us to hamster voteing

Invisibleadrug

Re: Give up your rights, it is America afterall! [Re: AhronZombi]
    #2699688 - 05/19/04 01:27 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Whoa whoa WHOA. Did you guys really just say that?? I'm disappointed.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Give up your rights, it is America afterall! [Re: adrug]
    #2701297 - 05/19/04 12:40 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

adrug said:
Whoa whoa WHOA. Did you guys really just say that?? I?m disappointed.

Sarcasm adrug. Sarcasm.

Obviously women getting the vote did not lead to animal voting. Just like gay marriage will not lead to interspecies marriage.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #2702040 - 05/19/04 03:30 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Gay marriage will however lead to gays believing they should have the same rights with adoption.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Give up your rights, it is America afterall! [Re: d33p]
    #2702050 - 05/19/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

d33p said:
Gay marriage will however lead to gays believing they should have the same rights with adoption.

As they should.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Re: Give up your rights, it is America afterall! [Re: silversoul7]
    #2702069 - 05/19/04 03:37 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Im just wondering ss7, do you believe you can be born gay?

--------------------

bang bang

Invisibleadrug

#2702100 - 05/19/04 03:48 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

*whew* my sarcasm meter is waaay off lately. :smirk:

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2702111 - 05/19/04 03:51 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

d33p said:
Im just wondering ss7, do you believe you can be born gay?

I'm pretty sure you can. I know it's not just the parental influence, cuz I had a gay friend in High School whose parents were radical right-wingers.

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

#2702127 - 05/19/04 03:56 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well i dont buy it. Although if they ever do find a "gay gene" which i very highly doubt when they decompile the human genome i will support that gays have every equal right as straights.

--------------------

bang bang

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2702148 - 05/19/04 03:59 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Why does it matter? What's the harm in two men or two women getting married, or even raising a child?

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

#2702185 - 05/19/04 04:08 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Kids are brutal. If anyone ever found out another kid had parents he would be torn to shreds.

Being gay is fine if thats your choice of how to live your life. What i dont think we should be teaching kids however is that it is normal or great to be gay. Homosexuality is a disfunction and not something that should be admired or even supported.

I have a bunch of gay friends probably much more than most since i live in miami. I'm good friends with them but still i dont think they should be raising kids anymore than someone whose sexual partner is a golden retriever.

And on a side note ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING PARADES. You're gay and pround, woop dee doo, keep it to yourself.

--------------------

bang bang

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2702213 - 05/19/04 04:18 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

d33p said:
Kids are brutal. If anyone ever found out another kid had parents he would be torn to shreds.

Kids will make fun of each other for anything. They'll survive, though. Besides, it builds character.

Quote:

Being gay is fine if thats your choice of how to live your life. What i dont think we should be teaching kids however is that it is normal or great to be gay. Homosexuality is a disfunction and not something that should be admired or even supported.

If it was a disfunction, that would imply that they couldn't function right. Considering that gays can do anything a straight person can do, I don't think it could properly be called a disfunction. Maybe an abnormality, like being left-handed, but not a disfunction. And no, it's not "normal" in the sense that it's uncommon, but there's nothing wrong with that. It shouldn't be supported or admired, but shouldn't be discouraged or looked down upon either. It should just be seen as something different, not bad or good.

Quote:

I have a bunch of gay friends probably much more than most since i live in miami. I'm good friends with them but still i dont think they should be raising kids anymore than someone whose sexual partner is a golden retriever.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion. However, I think a lot of gays would be better parents than certain straight parents.

Quote:

And on a side note ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING PARADES. You're gay and pround, woop dee doo, keep it to yourself.

I'm not a big fan of the parades either, but if you don't like 'em, you don't have to watch. Besides, most of these parades happen in places with a high gay population anyway.

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

#2702261 - 05/19/04 04:33 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Kids will make fun of each other for anything. They'll survive, though. Besides, it builds character.

Its an necessary thing to put a kid through. And if the parent tries to advocate homosexuality to their child i would find that very bad.

Quote:

If it was a disfunction, that would imply that they couldn't function right. Considering that gays can do anything a straight person can do, I don't think it could properly be called a disfunction. Maybe an abnormality, like being left-handed, but not a disfunction. And no, it's not "normal" in the sense that it's uncommon, but there's nothing wrong with that. It shouldn't be supported or admired, but shouldn't be discouraged or looked down upon either. It should just be seen as something different, not bad or good.

Dont make me define disfunction here, you're smarter than that. Never mind i will. One definition of disfunction is abnormal functioning. Why are you generalizing. Of course they can function as humans im saying that homosexuality is a disfunction. An obvious thing they can't to do is produce offspring with reach.

Quote:

Well, you're entitled to your opinion. However, I think a lot of gays would be better parents than certain straight parents.

A lot and then certain just doesn't cut the mustard with me.

Quote:

I'm not a big fan of the parades either, but if you don't like 'em, you don't have to watch. Besides, most of these parades happen in places with a high gay population anyway.

Its hard to avoid them when they takeover a large part of downtown. And i already said i live in miami. You need to be careful out here. If a girl says she is unable to naturally lubricate herself..... run.

--------------------

bang bang

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2702274 - 05/19/04 04:37 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

d33p said:
Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Kids will make fun of each other for anything.  They'll survive, though.  Besides, it builds character.

Its an necessary thing to put a kid through. And if the parent tries to advocate homosexuality to their child i would find that very bad.

I don't think it would be any worse than advocating heterosexuality.  People should be free to be themselves.

Quote:

Quote:

If it was a disfunction, that would imply that they couldn't function right.  Considering that gays can do anything a straight person can do, I don't think it could properly be called a disfunction.  Maybe an abnormality, like being left-handed, but not a disfunction.  And no, it's not "normal" in the sense that it's uncommon, but there's nothing wrong with that.  It shouldn't be supported or admired, but shouldn't be discouraged or looked down upon either.  It should just be seen as something different, not bad or good.

Dont make me define disfunction here, you're smarter than that. Never mind i will. One definition of disfunction is abnormal functioning. Why are you generalizing. Of course they can function as humans im saying that homosexuality is a disfunction. An obvious thing they can't to do is produce offspring with reach.

They can if they really try.  I've heard of many lesbians who have sex with a guy in order to get pregnant.

Quote:

Quote:

I'm not a big fan of the parades either, but if you don't like 'em, you don't have to watch.  Besides, most of these parades happen in places with a high gay population anyway.

Its hard to avoid them when they takeover a large part of downtown. And i already said i live in miami. You need to be careful out here. If a girl says she is unable to naturally lubricate herself..... run.

:lol:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order