Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesalazare
fan_of_shrooms
bacterial contamination?
    #2701265 - 05/19/04 02:33 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

hi everyone, i just had some contamination question. some friend is growing his 1st real batch of shrooms, and up to now its a sucess, or i think it is., I should post a grow log of his grow in some time, but for now i just wanted to know if these were contamination.
1st il explain fast what is the history of these pic, and of the grow. he did 6 jars of koh samui and 6 jars of eq, the eq were compacted a little too much... bad mistake lol, and the ks werent compacted at all or almost. did all jars seperatly, and put them to incubation, the eq colonizeg in like 3 week, or 1 moth, i letted them there like 1 moth and more for some. they seemed all colonized but due to the compaction most of them just colonized the side and not the middle :frown: so even after waiting some more it didnt change a lot... aniway i dunked them in h2o/h2o2 over night and made some 1cake sitofoam cup casing, with a ziploc bag over it. and 1 was like that:

this later recolonized but started to smell a little sweet and not realy shroomy, and later shew someweird color, so i threw it out and the bug seem to like it... so i also made 2 mini cake, which i thought would colonize faster and so i could get mini/cute mushroom from them in no time... but didnt work. 1 just colonized on top, i blended it a little to spread mycelium, it colonized a little more but that it it... now iv open thisone and there were a compacted mushroom growing on top so i put this mini jar in a bigger normal jar, with rests of eq cake from trying to get them out of the false open mouthed jars lol, aniway this also smell sweet a little, so i thougt it wouldntt do anithing, so i put the mini jar on top of the colonized substrate material:
this is the mini jar now:

sorry the webcam suck lol
and after a while the rest of cake started to produce ins, which grew realy fast, this jar also smell a lot less sweet than b4 , if at all.
but these mushroom are like empty, they gros but the stemm is like all seperated in long stripes,,,

and thisone grew as i explained from that:

so that is pretty much it. all the ks casing are real cool and im proud of his 1st real grow,
this is just a taste of the grow log to come:

:laugh: hard to have more shroom per cm2 lol.
aniway any idea about these shrooms, casing, contam? safe to eat?
thanks in advance and thanks a lot to the shroomery and pf tek for simplemind asyou guys helped a lot my friend.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: bacterial contamination? [Re: salazare]
    #2701478 - 05/19/04 03:14 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

As a rule of thumb, weird or weak mushrooms growing from previously contaminated substrate, should not be consumed. This rule should be enforced even more after knowing that bacteria was the growing contaminant. You should toss those mushrooms.
Anyway, nice to know the koh samuis are in good shape, enjoy :wink:

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinesalazare
fan_of_shrooms
Re: bacterial contamination? [Re: MAIA]
    #2701488 - 05/19/04 03:18 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

well i didnt know, i guess about the bacteria lol, but thanks,

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: bacterial contamination? [Re: salazare]
    #2701581 - 05/19/04 03:39 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

One can tell is either bacterial or yeast contamination from the description of the smell.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum