Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehippychickfl
seeker
Loc: Tampa, FL
night time temperatures
    #2693241 - 05/17/04 08:29 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm new to this board, so hello to everyone!

I live in Florida and last year I enjoyed a very fruitful mushroom season--lots of rain, heat, and humidity. This year, it's still been raining a lot in my area, but nighttime temperatures are dipping into the mid 60s. I have been told that the mushroom I look for (P. cubensis) will not grow at night temperatures below 72 degrees, but I haven't been able to verify this fact on any mycology websites. So my question is. . .IS it possible to find cubes at such cool temperatures? Any input will be greatly appreciated, especially input from other west/central FL dwellers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: night time temperatures [Re: hippychickfl]
    #2693269 - 05/17/04 08:34 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offlinehippychickfl
seeker
Re: night time temperatures [Re: ]
    #2693353 - 05/17/04 08:50 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sorry if this post violated any rules. I read "Administrative Rules and Guidelines" before I posted, and it didn't say anything about not discussing weather conditions. If there is another set of rules for the message board, please direct me there, and I apologize again if I unknowingly violated any of them.

Also, this was not an unresearched post. I have read extensively in the Shoomery's hunting FAQ as well as other resources, so I do know about optimum weather conditions. But the question of whether or not it's POSSIBLE for mushrooms to grow in less than ideal conditions is never discussed in the FAQ, which was why I felt compelled to post about whether cubes could possibly be found at this particular temperature.

If anyone has found cubes at nighttime temperatures less than 72 degrees, I would like to know. Unless, of course, this discussion is prohibited, in which case I suppose this thread will be locked.

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Loc: Southern United States
    #2693492 - 05/17/04 09:19 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I. Mushroom Hunting Forum rules

1. No requesting or revealing specific locations.

Locations NOT allowed: Business names, shopping centers, when specific directions are given to a location, any place with an address.

Locations that are allowed: Park names, highways names (long stretches of highways), town names.

Use common sense about what might be considered a specific location. When in doubt, do the moderators a favor and just don't say it. If your post gets edited then it was deemed unacceptable. If you have problems with this please send a private message to the moderator in question.

2. No asking for hunting partners.
The Hunting Forum is for identification purposes, we are not a hook up of any kind. If you would like to request a hunting buddy, make a thread about it in the Gathering Forum.

3. Do not ask if the current weather is "good for shrooms."
These threads are flat out annoying, and will be locked. This information can easily be found with a little bit of research.
As a general rule of thumb, if it has rained within the last 2-3 days, and the temperatures are correct for the type of mushroom you're looking for, then *yes* it is possible that the mushroom you are looking for is growing.

--------------------
Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

Offlinehippychickfl
seeker
Re: night time temperatures [Re: GaNjAShRooM]
    #2695613 - 05/18/04 11:03 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'm sorry, but I still don't see how I violated those rules.

I know what the weather conditions are here, so I'm not asking that. I'm just a little unclear on what "temperatures are correct for the type of mushroom ", and that info is not to be found on this site anywhere else.

I'm not asking "Is the weather good for shrooms?" I'm asking "Is it possible for this type of mushroom to grow even at relatively low temperatures, although ideally the temperatures should be 72 degrees?"

Every website about P. cubensis that I've seen notes that the HIGHEST possible temperature for cubes is 103-104 degrees, because thermal death occurs right around that temp. However, I have not seen any info on the LOWEST possible temp. So I really don't know if they can grow at, say, 66 or 67 degrees. That is all I'm asking.

--------------------
Furthur!

"You must bring out what is within you, for what is within you shall save you."--Gospel of St. Thomas

Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me. . .other times I can barely see. . .

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #2696174 - 05/18/04 01:18 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, they will grow at those lower temperatures, they just won't be as abundant.

Offlinethearmedforces
Disco Shroomerat 4:20

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #2698251 - 05/18/04 06:57 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Ideal temperature is 86 degrees. Minus or add to that and there are going to be less of the mushroom you are looking for (P. Cubensis). I'm sure they will grow, but finding them will be the hard part. Good luck and welcome to Shroomery.

Offlinehippychickfl
seeker
Re: night time temperatures [Re: thearmedforces]
    #2700984 - 05/19/04 11:29 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the replies, everyone. . .like I said, I'm new, but people on this board are already so helpful. Thanks again!

--------------------
Furthur!

"You must bring out what is within you, for what is within you shall save you."--Gospel of St. Thomas

Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me. . .other times I can barely see. . .

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies