Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSugabearcrispS
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Loc: OTD & ODD (not a pubfag)
Yearlong ‘dark web’ investigation leads to local RICO arrests
    #27008993 - 10/28/20 06:37 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

https://citrustimesonline.com/2020/10/15/yearlong-dark-web-investigation-leads-to-local-rico-arrests/

Quote:

The Citrus County Sheriff’s Office (CCSO) on Thursday said that two Inverness residents were arrested on Wednesday on drug charges after an extensive, yearlong joint investigation on the “dark web.”

Arrested under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) were 53-year-old Benjamin Burdick and 29-year-old Catilynkyrie Burdick of Inverness. They are being held in the Citrus County Detention Facility without bond, the CCSO said.

The investigation was a joint effort among the CCSO, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the United States Postal Inspection Service (USPIS) and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).

CCSO’s Tactical Impact Unit (TIU) arrested two subjects yesterday on various charges (see below), to include racketeering. Both

The CCSO’s Tactical Impact Unit (TIU) and federal law enforcement partners  executed a lawful search warrant at 3766 South Susan Point in Inverness. As part of the investigation, federal agents purchased counterfeit Xanax from the suspects on the “dark web” using cryptocurrency.

This led to the search warrant being obtained by the FDA’s Office of Criminal Investigations and signed by a United States Magistrate out of the Middle District of Florida.

“Our joint investigation started in June of 2019,” Citrus County Sheriff Mike rendergast said.  “The successful outcome of this investigation is a prime example of the effective working relationships we have with our federal and local partners.

“Our office will continue to leverage these beneficial partnerships to further protect our citizens and rid our community of dangerous drug dealers such as these individuals.”

A comprehensive search of the residence exposed several pieces of manufacturing, distribution and sales equipment that were collected to include: a pill press, pill binder mixer, USPS mail envelopes, USPS shipping boxes, an Accupost scale, vacuum sealer and bags, a bag containing 5 kilograms of pill binder, a digital scale with several cups and bowls that contained a white powdery residue.

Detectives discovered numerous Ziploc and vacuum-sealed bags containing counterfeit Xanax pills and white pills stamped with G7322, which is marketed as prescription Alprazolam.

In addition, approximately 16,000 pills (net. weight 15 lbs.) prepackage in various sizes and bags were located during the search. Detectives also seized $143,095 in U.S. currency, which were proceeds from the online counterfeit drug sales, along with several firearms.

Benjamin Burdick, W/M (DOB 08/22/1967) was arrested on the following charges:

* Florida State Statute 893.0356 possession of a new substance, known as a controlled substance analog, which was created to produce a desired pharmacological effect and to evade the controlling statutory provisions, and has a potential for abuse similar to or greater than that of the substances controlled under chapter 893, to wit: Etizolam.

* Florida State Statute 817.564 possession and/or distribute an imitation controlled substance, to wit: Etizolam.

* Florida State Statute 831.31(1)(a) sell, manufacture, or deliver, or possess with intent to sell, manufacture, or deliver, a counterfeit controlled substance, to wit: Xanax/Alprazolam.

* Florida State Statute 465.0161 distribute medical drugs through an internet pharmacy without a permit, to wit: Flualprazolam.

* Florida State Statute 893.13(6)(a) possession of a controlled substance, to wit: Cocaine.

* Florida State Statute 893.13(6)(a) possession of a controlled substance, to wit: Steroids.

* Florida State Statute 893.13(6)(a) possession of a controlled substance, to wit: THC wax.

* Florida State Statute 893.13(6)(a) possession of a controlled substance, to wit: Marijuana (over 20 grams).

* Florida State Statute 322.212(1)(a) possess any blank, forged, stolen, fictitious, counterfeit, or unlawfully issued driver’s license or identification card or any instrument in the similitude of a driver’s license or identification card unless possession by such person has been duly authorized by the department.

* Florida State Statute 893.13(1)(a) sell, manufacture, deliver, or possess with intent to sell, manufacture, or deliver, a controlled substance in a structure or conveyance where any child under 16 years of age is present, to wit: did manufacture counterfeit Xanax in the home.

Florida State Statute 817.034(4)(a) scheme to defraud and obtains property that has an aggregate value of $50,000.00 or more, in violation of Florida State statue 817.034(4)(a); to wit: used counterfeit driver license to rent USPS P.O. Box.

*Florida State Statute 895.03(1) receive any proceeds derived, directly or indirectly, from a pattern of racketeering activity, to wit: racketeering activity is defined as crimes involving contraband adulterated or misbranded drugs, to wit: counterfeit Xanax.

* Florida State Statute 893.147(1) possession with the intent to use, or did unlawfully use, an object intended or designed for use in storing, concealing or injecting, ingesting, inhaling or otherwise introducing into the human body, a controlled substance, to wit: bowls, strainers, pill press, baggies, packaging material, punches and die tools and scales.

Catilynkyrie Burdick, W/F (DOB 10/26/1990) was arrested on the following charges:

* Florida State Statute 893.0356 possession of a new substance, known as a controlled substance analog, which was created to produce a desired pharmacological effect and to evade the controlling statutory provisions, and has a potential for abuse similar to or greater than that of the substances controlled under chapter 893, to wit: Etizolam.

* Florida State Statute 817.564 possession and/or distribute an imitation controlled substance, to wit: Etizolam.

* Florida State Statute 831.31(1)(a) sell, manufacture, or deliver, or possess with intent to sell, manufacture, or deliver, a counterfeit controlled substance, to wit: Xanax/Alprazolam.

* Florida State Statute 465.0161 distribute medical drugs through an internet pharmacy without a permit, to wit: Flualprazolam.

* Florida State Statute 893.13(6)(a) possession of a controlled substance, to wit: Cocaine.

* Florida State Statute 893.13(6)(a) possession of a controlled substance, to wit: THC wax.

* Florida State Statute 893.13(6)(a) possession of a controlled substance, to wit: Marijuana (over 20 grams).

* Florida State Statute 893.13(1)(a) sell, manufacture, deliver, or possess with intent to sell, manufacture, or deliver, a controlled substance in a structure or conveyance where any child under 16 years of age is present, to wit: did manufacture counterfeit Xanax in the home.

* Florida State Statute 817.034(4)(a) scheme to defraud and obtains property that has an aggregate value of $50,000.00 or more, in violation of Florida State statue 817.034(4)(a); to wit: used counterfeit driver license to rent USPS P.O. Box.

* Florida State Statute 895.03(1) receive any proceeds derived, directly or indirectly, from a pattern of racketeering activity, to wit: racketeering activity is defined as crimes involving contraband adulterated or misbranded drugs, to wit: counterfeit Xanax.

* Florida State Statute 893.147(1) possession with the intent to use, or did unlawfully use, an object intended or designed for use in storing, concealing or injecting, ingesting, inhaling or otherwise introducing into the human body, a controlled substance, to wit: bowls, strainers, pill press, baggies, packaging material, punches and die tools and scales.

A CCSO statement thanked law enforcement professionals in connection with the case:

“A special thank-you goes out to all of our fellow law enforcement professionals at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the United States Postal Inspection Service (USPIS), and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) who helped tremendously in seeing this investigation through.

“Our office would also like to recognize our county partners at Citrus County Fire Rescue’s Hazmat Unit for their technical assistance and expertise.

” Furthermore, we would like to recognize the State Attorney’s Office, the CCSO Forensics Unit, Crime Analysis Unit, Patrol Division, and the Communications Officers for their supportive roles in this investigation.”

Note: florida has state level rc laws

Edited by Sugabearcrisp (10/29/20 09:36 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCamwritesgonzo
The Unflushable Stool
Male User Gallery

Loc: On Uranus Flag
Re: Yearlong ‘dark web’ investigation leads to local RICO arrests [Re: Sugabearcrisp]
    #27009267 - 10/28/20 08:54 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Looks like a blinker (open and shut) case. Your best bet is to chop your onions away from kids. Kids don't seem big fans of onions, anyhow. It seems the big wolfies are more active when there are younglings involved. Stay encrypted, loves!

--------------------
"I've always maintained that reality is for those who can't face drugs."-Tom Waits
"I feel the same way about disco as I feel about herpes."-Hunter S. Thompson
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Yearlong ‘dark web’ investigation leads to local RICO arrests [Re: Camwritesgonzo]
    #27009563 - 10/29/20 02:02 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

How bout stop selling adulterated alprazolam

It used to be all the fun stuff was pressed. Now it’s all rx addictive shit and rc’s

Quote:

Florida State Statute 893.147(1) possession with the intent to use, or did unlawfully use, an object intended or designed for use in storing, concealing or injecting, ingesting, inhaling or otherwise introducing into the human body, a controlled substance, to wit: bowls, strainers, pill press, baggies, packaging material, punches and die tools and scales.

So, getting high itself is illegal in Florida if it involves an object? I.e. Apple pipe?

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineSugabearcrispS
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Re: Yearlong ‘dark web’ investigation leads to local RICO arrests [Re: Fractal420]
    #27009971 - 10/29/20 09:40 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:

It used to be all the fun stuff was pressed. Now it’s all rx addictive shit and rc’s

Quote:

Florida State Statute 893.147(1) possession with the intent to use, or did unlawfully use, an object intended or designed for use in storing, concealing or injecting, ingesting, inhaling or otherwise introducing into the human body, a controlled substance, to wit: bowls, strainers, pill press, baggies, packaging material, punches and die tools and scales.

So, getting high itself is illegal in Florida if it involves an object? I.e. Apple pipe?

Many states have paraphernalia laws like this that have been used to charge people for possession of used pipes, bowls, bongs, rigs, scales, cocaine delivery devices, etc.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Yearlong ‘dark web’ investigation leads to local RICO arrests [Re: Sugabearcrisp]
    #27010190 - 10/29/20 11:39 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I thought the anti-bong law was mainly Florida (and maybe places like Mississippi, Louisiana, etc)

But I had only confirmed it in Florida. Which is weird cause they do have a growing medical system and CBD and Kratom are pretty commonly sold.

Not to mention the guns

The coke
And all that Flakka lol

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineSugabearcrispS
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Re: Yearlong ‘dark web’ investigation leads to local RICO arrests [Re: Fractal420]
    #27010216 - 10/29/20 11:51 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

You would be surprised, over half of states have laws relating to mj paraphanalia, this article is obviously a little old but has a decent summary.
https://www.civilized.life/articles/here-are-the-states-where-marijuana-paraphernalia-is-still-illegal/

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
    #27010615 - 10/29/20 03:08 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, most states of paraphernalia laws, they are basically used to force you into a plea bargain. When you've got half a dozen charges staring you in the face it makes pleading guilty to only a couple look attractive.

OfflineSugabearcrispS
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Re: Yearlong ‘dark web’ investigation leads to local RICO arrests [Re: Holybullshit]
    #27010714 - 10/29/20 03:58 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

That is why joints are always a good choice in an illegal state when you want to take some weed out and about. Likewise important to remember that some states have separate penalties for hash that apply to concentrates and vape carts.

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
    #27011162 - 10/29/20 09:31 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Wow, I didn’t know there were states that didn’t prosecute paraphernalia....

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Yearlong ‘dark web’ investigation leads to local RICO arrests [Re: Amanita86]
    #27012107 - 10/30/20 01:08 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Oh, like after it’s been used? Yeah totally. I was thinking in the actual store. Which I know Florida does

Generally IF you’re carrying a pipe or bong with you and it’s got resin they can call it schedule 1
I was thinking a new one on the shelf

Well. They sell bongs still but everything says “for tobacco use only”

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

#27012362 - 10/30/20 03:46 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

There’s a weird thing now with vapes where they say not for use with any nicotine.  I never thought I’d see weed and tobacco legalities flip flop.

--------------------

OfflineSugabearcrispS
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Re: Yearlong ‘dark web’ investigation leads to local RICO arrests [Re: Amanita86]
    #27012473 - 10/30/20 05:01 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

People are for real desperately purchasing flavored juul pods on the grey market after the usa federal flavored vape ban. Meanwhile you can get terpene flavored thc vape pods at the rec dispo.

:canthelpbutlaugh:

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#27012478 - 10/30/20 05:04 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

BECAUSE they wanna fill it with their own juice, apply their own stickers, and sell it, rather than smoke it

And you know, have a little start up “company”

Oh, flavored bootleg tobacco pods? Well, how many bootleg Canna oil carts and juuls have been vaped I wonder. But yeah even 2 years ago headshops with full terp profile CBD (like myrcene-Linalool-beta-this-and-that) And now D8 pens are pretty available. Without much legal issue in a state that banned flavored vape juice hardcore

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineskOsH
Functionally dysfunctional
 User Gallery

Loc: the PNW
    #27019097 - 11/03/20 10:24 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:

Quote:

I've seen a dude smoke weed using nothing but a bic and his hand

Look it up, it exists xD

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Re: Yearlong ‘dark web’ investigation leads to local RICO arrests [Re: skOsH]
    #27019126 - 11/03/20 10:48 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals