Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTripleB
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
TripleB's theory on Tiny Shrooms!
    #2698598 - 05/18/04 08:33 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

well, here is wut i came up with.. i had them 2 casings, if anyone was following me... i have pix if yall need them lol.. anyways.. they were in the fruiting chamber, and i kept spraying the side of the chamber ok.. wlel as i bitched about gettng small shroom yields (shrooms no bigger than my thumb) i decided to do it the RIGHT WAY... ok... so i stopped spraying for 2 1/2 days... now im getting BIG SHROOMS.. double quarter sized!!! about 6" - 8" tall.. nice nice nice.. so here is my theory...

The reason why people get small shrooms is because of not enough oxygen going into the fruiting chamber.

there u got it.. LOL.. simple, but yet, ill have to test more on it, if anyone would feel free to help me out.. just give yur chambers a 100% humidity for a couple of days and see how yur yields come out IF U HAVE THE PATIENCE AND TIME.. and then just stop spraying and see wu happens.. thats wut i did, results = bigger shrooms, so im thinkin the air didnt have enough oxygen in it.. i fanned the same too...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleButterNut
Squash

Loc: Throughout the world
Re: TripleB's theory on Tiny Shrooms! [Re: TripleB]
    #2698647 - 05/18/04 08:48 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TripleB said:
The reason why people get small shrooms is because of not enough oxygen going into the fruiting chamber.

Yes inproper air exchange does cause small shrooms/aborts.that is why you fan at least 3 times a day Min.

Quote:

so i stopped spraying for 2 1/2 days... now im getting BIG SHROOMS.. double quarter sized!!! about 6" - 8" tall.. nice nice nice..

Thats because by spraying all the time you had the humidity too high.Cakes are suppose to be at or as close too 100% RH as you can get,while casings are only suppose to be kept at about 90% RH.
When you stopped misting the humidity dropped,making the conditions closer to ideal.

--------------------
Butternut squash are softer than acorn or other types of squash, which makes them easier to cut and prepare.

OfflineTripleB
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Re: TripleB's theory on Tiny Shrooms! [Re: ButterNut]
    #2698651 - 05/18/04 08:49 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

exactly, cuz casings have enough water, so they need MORE AIR RIGHT?? did i figure something out by myself??? heh.. KEWLLLLL

Offlinephucknut68
Focker
Loc: shit mang
    #2698657 - 05/18/04 08:52 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

interesting you should set up multiple terrariums and do a few control / experimental setups... Maybe keep one terrarium at 100% until pin and then do as you did, keep one at 90% and then do as you did, and a third do it like everybody else. Would be pretty interesting to see the results.. My setup is one big terrarium and I dont have the capital to make little ones but if you did that and posted results you would have a lot to back it up.

--------------------
-=-=-=-=-|:---- Doctor Of Journalism -----:|-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-|:---- S M C -----:|-=-=-=-=-

Edited by phucknut68 (05/18/04 08:53 PM)

OfflineTripleB
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

#2698900 - 05/18/04 10:13 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

hhmm sounds like fun, ill do it later, im need sleep its like midnight lol.. ill do it in the mornin... night yall!

Offlinepazuzu
Shroom-o-Vision
    #2699307 - 05/18/04 11:32 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Isn't this more or less common knowledge? I thought I read in one of the TEKs or faqs that there are two main reasons for small shrooms: improper lighting and poor airflow. Also I seem to be missing the connection between not spraying and more oxygen.
Regardless, good job in getting bigger mushrooms. That always puts a smile on my face (for about 4-6 hours).

OfflineTripleB
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Re: TripleB's theory on Tiny Shrooms! [Re: pazuzu]
    #2699403 - 05/18/04 11:54 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

yeh pazuzu it does put that smile on lol ... anyway, it wasnt common knowledge to me, and i didnt have poor airflow, infact i was fanning, witha little 8" fan 3 times an hour.. and yes iwas home this entire time lmao.. its just too much humidity i guess, sticks to the oxygen, turnin it into water, see i sprayed everytime i aired it so.. im gonna cut back, spraying it every 4 times.. and only pumping in about 2-3 squirts...

InvisibleButterNut
Squash

#2700160 - 05/19/04 07:25 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

The two,air exchange and humidity are not related in the way your thinking.The only reason that your shrooms picked up when you stopped spraying is because it lowered the humidity.Your air exchange sound sufficnt although a fan is not really needed,all you need to do is fan it by hand with the lid,or a book or something.
It was all about humidity.Casings need a lower humidity because they supply alot of their own moisture,thats what the casing layer is for.You simply had it too close to 100% by misting alot and with casings around 90% is better.It didnt have anything to do with sticking to oxygen molecules and turning to water.
Just buy a cheap Humidity gauge and you will know exactly when to mist and when not to mist.And you should read the FAQ,this is all in there and you could have saved yourself some aggravation by reading it ahead of time.

--------------------
Butternut squash are softer than acorn or other types of squash, which makes them easier to cut and prepare.

OfflineTripleB
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

#2700218 - 05/19/04 08:03 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i read it... but now im getting small yields again LMAO.. oh well, i guess they are just stubborn bastards huh? lol

Anonymous

#2700375 - 05/19/04 08:56 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Post History Deleted Upon User's Request

InvisibleButterNut
Squash

Re: TripleB's theory on Tiny Shrooms! [Re: ]
    #2700401 - 05/19/04 09:03 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

people tend to only use the FAQ when they have a problem(and some not at all),It should be read before you grow so that you can avoid these problems.Granted some of the things in there may not be understood untill you get to the point where that problem occurs if it does,but at least youll have an understanding of the basic concept.
In this case it is common knowledge there is no reason to have a theory.I understand that it was not common knowledge to TripleB,and I am not knocking him,but thats the whhole point,if it was read before the grow,it would have been common knowledge and the problem could have been avoided.It is a learning experiance and thats why I said to read more,to learn.Anda humidity gauge works wonders.

--------------------

OfflineTripleB
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

#2700495 - 05/19/04 09:39 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

before i started growing, i was on this site for about 2 months, i read that FAQ over and over and over, most ppl dont even know wut FAQ means LMAO... but i did, theres alot of info to store u know? and sometimes stuff like that just escapes u and thats why we have these forums :smile: sorry about the post, but hell, ya learn new things everyday lol even the pros make mistakes sometimes heh...

InvisibleButterNut
Squash

#2700512 - 05/19/04 09:45 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I know that as I said in my post I wasnt knocking you..No one said you shouldnt have made the post,and there is nothing to be sorry for.I dont know how I could have made my post any clearer,I said :
Quote:

Granted some of the things in there may not be understood untill you get to the point where that problem occurs if it does,but at least youll have an understanding of the basic concept.

You dont have a grasp for some of the basics or else you wouldnt have thought that oxygen was combining with water,or whatever,thats why I said read more,it wasnt an insult it wwas a helpfull suggestion.People are just way too sensitive.
You obvoiusly dont have a clear grasp on certain things,so i was saying you should read more.Thats all Bud.You all need to actually read what people write before getting all sensitive and offended.I make mistakes myself,but when I do I read as much as I can so I dont make that mistake again.Your Theory is not right and I was simply correcting you,I thought thats what you wanted,feedback.

--------------------

Edited by ButterNut (05/19/04 09:55 AM)

OfflineTripleB
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

#2700810 - 05/19/04 10:55 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

ahhh i hate the internet, im not affended dude, and i love all yur feedback bro, yur great helper man, i made no comments of u putting me down, thats why i like to talk to ppl in person, that way u get all the facial expressions and laughs LOL.. i was just tryin to say thanx for correcting me dude, u are kewl, one of the first to help me out and the first to rate me, we will always be down man... keep up the good advice brother! :smile:

ps. END THIS THREAD LOL...

InvisibleButterNut
Squash

#2700834 - 05/19/04 10:59 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup: :grin:

--------------------

Anonymous

#2700903 - 05/19/04 11:13 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Post History Deleted Upon User's Request

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies