Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Village Genius

Registered: 09/19/03
Posts: 7,935
Loc: San Diego
Last seen: 2 years, 11 months
    #2699737 - 05/19/04 04:00 AM (14 years, 9 days ago)

Skippy's SBP Tek looks so relatively easy and fruitful, why don't I see more people using it? Are there drawbacks/weaknesses? I haven't tried it yet, but i plan to in my next casing.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Registered: 01/26/03
Posts: 1,640
Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: SBP Tek [Re: Tao]
    #2699911 - 05/19/04 05:22 AM (14 years, 9 days ago)

IME store bought manure does not perform as well as the real deal. I have tried 2 different types from 2 different suppliers. Both times yields were less than experienced with true manure (or straw). It does work and I even spawned it right out of the bag on one occasion with no pasteurization or contamination. I cannot recommend this method though, better safe than sorry (pasteurize it). It also tends to turn to a mud-like consistency, so be sure to add plenty of vermiculite.

I cannot guarantee you will get the exact same product I ended up with, but most likely you will have better results if you use "real" dung or straw. But if you have no other source of bulk substrate then go for it. I had relatively "ok" first flushes, but that was about it...

Edit: One kind I bought looked like heavily composted manure (basically really rich dirt) that had rocks in it (some were as big as a golf ball). The other looked like sandy topsoil that had sticks and various other organic materials mixed in. Hardly what I would call a good substrate. But for less than $2 a bag, what do you expect. I just don't see how they call that manure. Perhaps 1% of it or so probably originated as manure, as for the other 99%, who knows where it came from...

Edited by ATWAR (05/19/04 05:33 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* manure project, needs experienced eye *pics* di11rod 780 2 08/02/02 02:26 AM
* Manure in substrate....PF style Hollywood 638 2 01/10/02 04:20 AM
by Zen Peddler
* What tek's do you experienced growers use? Shroom1119 1,395 4 04/22/02 12:14 PM
by ParticleMan
* The neglect TEK... Lighting? Strains? Substrate? Delusion 2,013 3 01/24/02 11:28 AM
by LeGrouper
* Post deleted by Moe Howard bigidiot 969 5 12/09/01 12:09 AM
by Anonymous
* Compost and Peat 50/50 cookin' in the PC- via oven bag tek 21p 875 5 01/16/03 06:10 AM
by deanofmean
* What is the definitive birdseed tek? Mklangelo 1,105 12 12/20/01 01:28 PM
by spores
* Substrates... other than straw celsius 549 3 09/28/01 07:46 PM
by celsius

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Roadkill, Magash, Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, Citric, total, FooMan, 13shrooms, stonesun, cronicr, PussyFart, Tmethyl, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta
571 topic views. 17 members, 68 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2018 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 19 queries.