Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Nichrome] * 1
    #26994321 - 10/20/20 10:57 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I think I'll start using a dart gun loaded with vaccines.

pew pew pew

--------------------
This space for rent

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegopherS
Coffee Bean Extraordinaire
I'm a teapot

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Nichrome] * 1
    #26994325 - 10/20/20 10:58 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I dont like how the Anti-Maskers say the Pro-maskers should stay at home if they are scared, im not scared, I just think you should show decency to those at risk and wear a mask so you are not spitting on them

--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

My pronouns are He and Him, and my adjectives are Fat and Jazzy

:kratom:

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Nichrome] * 3
    #26994334 - 10/20/20 11:04 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

You are saying exactly that actually.  It's like someone who gets hammered then gets behind the wheel trying to claim its OK because its their body, their rights, and they don't WISH death on anyone.,  They just you know, happen to accidentally cause it so often we need laws in place to try to prevent it.  Everyone knows driving drunk is high risk to themselves and others yet here we are.  It's selfish behavior.  Then getting online and spouting off about how they should be allowed to do it and how its somehow justified for whatever reason.

It really is as straight forward and as simple as this:  No one cares if you want to put YOURSELF at risk, thats your choice.  We (society) do care when your choices put everyone ELSE at risk.  Especially when most of those risks are due to misinformation and propaganda.

For a harm reduction website, we sure have a lot of people who don't give a fuck about the others around them lately.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pacific North West Flag
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: mndfreeze]
    #26994756 - 10/20/20 02:58 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

still have not explained how herd immunity works

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Saul Ptamets]
    #26994769 - 10/20/20 03:06 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

There are 2 methods of herd immunity.  One is achieved through vaccines where enough people get them, become immune, and halts the virus's spread so effectively it effectively dies out so that those who cannot get vaccines such as immunocompromised people, are now for the most part safe as the general population does not have enough infectable people for the virus to move even if it did sneak in from say, a visitor from another country that does not vaccinate.

The other method is when you let a virus run rampant, and assuming its a virus/disease that one can build some form of immunity too on your own, all the weak, old, infirm, etc die out and only those with the immunities survive, eventually giving you the same herd immunity as a vaccine would. 

Pretty much herd immunity is only achieved through extensive vaccination against the specific disease to wipe it out.  It's why for decades immunocompromised people who can't get the polio vaccine pretty much never had to worry about it.  So many people in the US were vaccinated and immune to it, the chances of the compromised person catching it were insanely small as long as they didn't leave the country to some place where vaccines are not commonplace.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Saul Ptamets] * 1
    #26994775 - 10/20/20 03:09 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

ok i looked it up and watched some videos and I can see why if a vaccine had a 0% danger rate then it would be viable to take, which is obviously not the case. I simply don't trust companies enough to inject a random new liquid into my body that they say does a bunch of stuff. Especially in this case where the vaccine will most likely be rushed out way too fast. And vaccines don't mean you automatically won't get the disease or virus. And not being able to sue the companies is a big no no.

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

#26994781 - 10/20/20 03:11 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
There are 2 methods of herd immunity.  One is achieved through vaccines where enough people get them, become immune, and halts the virus's spread so effectively it effectively dies out so that those who cannot get vaccines such as immunocompromised people, are now for the most part safe as the general population does not have enough infectable people for the virus to move even if it did sneak in from say, a visitor from another country that does not vaccinate.

The other method is when you let a virus run rampant, and assuming its a virus/disease that one can build some form of immunity too on your own, all the weak, old, infirm, etc die out and only those with the immunities survive, eventually giving you the same herd immunity as a vaccine would. 

Pretty much herd immunity is only achieved through extensive vaccination against the specific disease to wipe it out.  It's why for decades immunocompromised people who can't get the polio vaccine pretty much never had to worry about it.  So many people in the US were vaccinated and immune to it, the chances of the compromised person catching it were insanely small as long as they didn't leave the country to some place where vaccines are not commonplace.

Thank you.

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Saul Ptamets] * 2
    #26994871 - 10/20/20 03:58 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

You should probably wait until a vaccine is actually developed before worrying about that.  The fast tracking thats happening isn't a bunch of scientists skipping science steps.  It's mostly red tape approvals for shit.  The scientific steps will remain the same. 

It would be corporate and career suicide to release something knowing steps were skipped and it might not be safe in the current political/world climate in the age of information where shit is made true or false on the back of a viral facebook meme. 

That said, nothing is 100% safe, not ibuprofin (causes all SORTS of problems every year for people, even leading to death), not mushrooms, not the food you eat or the air you breathe.  Until something is actually developed and tested we can't know the risk profile to even begin to determine where it lines up, but historically vaccines are in the lowest risk groups of medications there are.  Do some people have issues? Yes, all medications have one off risks and rare side effects, allergic reactions, etc, but so does every day common supplements and OTC meds, foods, etc. 

And for those who subscribe to the 'medical money conspiracy', don't forget the entire world is trying to come up with vaccines, not just American capitalists.  There are plenty of countries with scientists and doctors out there who don't subscribe to default american ideals that will also be trying to solve this virus issue, will be peer reviewing data, testing stuff, writing papers on it, etc, etc.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

#26994956 - 10/20/20 04:53 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:

It would be corporate and career suicide to release something knowing steps were skipped and it might not be safe in the current political/world climate in the age of information where shit is made true or false on the back of a viral facebook meme. 

Fake news such as MSM would not report on something like that especially if Biden wins. People would still take vaccines if the COVID vaccine turned out to have severe side effects. True or false doesn't even mean anything to people at this point

OnlineIce9
3X Ban Lotto Champion
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: daterapeville,USA
    #26995503 - 10/20/20 10:22 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:

Herd immunity among humans has never been achieved without a vaccine. Full stop. Let that sink in.

I am not knocking you, just want to quash this "let the virus run it's course" thing before people think it is a viable option.  The problem is some people do think it is a viable option, worse still they are in power and make policy.  Scary times.

--------------------
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Brenard Shaw

OfflineNichrome
Pariah

Loc: Zone 5
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Ice9]
    #26995509 - 10/20/20 10:27 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ice9 said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:

Herd immunity among humans has never been achieved without a vaccine. Full stop. Let that sink in.

I am not knocking you, just want to quash this "let the virus run it's course" thing before people think it is a viable option.  The problem is some people do think it is a viable option, worse still they are in power and make policy.  Scary times.

Where are you getting this information?

--------------------
Where have all the people gone my honey
Where have all the people gone today
There's no need for you to be worrying about all those people
You never see those people anyway

OnlineIce9
3X Ban Lotto Champion

Loc: daterapeville,USA
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Nichrome]
    #26995514 - 10/20/20 10:29 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Give me a bit to find the source, I can't put my finger on it, I think it was a Dr. Fauci interview, or another epidemiologist.  I'll dig it up cause everyone wants sauce.

Edit: not exactly what I was looking for but I'm playing a game and trying to do this, not so good at multi-tasking.

2nd Edit: Link with graphs and stats, its purty.

--------------------
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Brenard Shaw

Edited by Ice9 (10/20/20 10:37 PM)

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26995606 - 10/21/20 01:25 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ice9 said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:

Not in humans and not on purpose. It has in nature. I was only listing it because its a valid scientific view on how herd immunity works.  For very very obvious reasons it would not apply to our situation or any situation under human control.  It's basically just letting Darwinism run wild at the expense of human lives.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26995615 - 10/21/20 01:37 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Saul Ptamets said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:

Fake news such as MSM would not report on something like that especially if Biden wins. People would still take vaccines if the COVID vaccine turned out to have severe side effects. True or false doesn't even mean anything to people at this point

"Especially if Biden wins". Oh for fucks sake. You fell victim to the fake news machine years ago and it shows.  Turn off your twitter, unsubscribe from your 'not mainstream but still somehow mainstream sources of presidential twitter tantrums and spin, and open up some science journals.

You have quite literally the most access to all of human knowledge at your finger tips for the first time in the entire history of human kind.  Use it and stop getting your opinions from people who are not experts in their fields.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineNichrome
Pariah

#26996132 - 10/21/20 10:46 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I love all these "proven facts" everyone is throwing out there. Everybody has their motives I guess.

Facts without supporting information are just rumors. People acting like high school girls. Fanning the flames of hatred and seperation.
Quote:

Ice9 said:
Give me a bit to find the source, I can't put my finger on it, I think it was a Dr. Fauci interview, or another epidemiologist.  I'll dig it up cause everyone wants sauce.

Edit: not exactly what I was looking for but I'm playing a game and trying to do this, not so good at multi-tasking.

2nd Edit: Link with graphs and stats, its purty.

All ".com's" are owned and therefore bias.  Do you have any "real information" from peer reviewed sources? Are these just rumors you are spreading for your own motives?

I would be a lot more supportive of you and your opinions if you stated them as such.

The worldwide rumor mill is a bigger problem than any disease ever has been. All the fear mongering is lame.

Credibility where credibility is due.

--------------------

Edited by Nichrome (10/21/20 11:05 AM)

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Nichrome]
    #26996195 - 10/21/20 11:13 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

You can easily go to scholar.google.com and search up science papers on any subject you want, including herd immunity.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

#26996363 - 10/21/20 01:04 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Quote:

Saul Ptamets said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:

"Especially if Biden wins". Oh for fucks sake. You fell victim to the fake news machine years ago and it shows.  Turn off your twitter, unsubscribe from your 'not mainstream but still somehow mainstream sources of presidential twitter tantrums and spin, and open up some science journals.

You have quite literally the most access to all of human knowledge at your finger tips for the first time in the entire history of human kind.  Use it and stop getting your opinions from people who are not experts in their fields.

I don't go on twitter, I watch all news. I dont look at don jons twitter. And exactly, a .com cant be used as it is biased so it isn't extremely easy like you are saying to go find un-biased info but it is definitely more accessible than before.Its not the same when you have scientist consistently disagree with each other as it just becomes who do you want to trust

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26996479 - 10/21/20 02:05 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

See earlier post about scholar.google.com and reading scientific papers.  Science is all about disagreement to find truth.  It's pretty much the point.  You look at the overall general consensus between them to find the facts.  A few scientists dissenting from the overall consensus is normal.  Turn off fox/cnn news and stop trying to make something political that isn't.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

#26996527 - 10/21/20 02:34 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
See earlier post about scholar.google.com and reading scientific papers.  Science is all about disagreement to find truth.  It's pretty much the point.  You look at the overall general consensus between them to find the facts.  A few scientists dissenting from the overall consensus is normal.  Turn off fox/cnn news and stop trying to make something political that isn't.

I'm not the person who made coronavirus political, I'm just a random citizen.

OfflineNichrome
Pariah

#26996620 - 10/21/20 03:42 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I could, but I won't and it's not up to me to prove your facts or disprove them. As the one sharing "facts" that lies on you. Already  accessed and searched the Cornell database as well as Perdue U. Interesting stuff. Very inconclusive if you ask me. 

I'm not the one here stating "facts" and asking people to blindly trust those facts. I'm only stating opinion as I have yet to see any conclusive data one way or another that I trust with my life or yours.

I trust your unsubstantiated facts and will surely wear a foil hat from now on... :laugh2: It's for the greater good.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder