Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleinskiM
Cortinariologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Celestialexplorer1] * 1
    #26976963 - 10/09/20 12:25 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Celestialexplorer1 said:
Actually no I know Jake did a grow and Viridis420 in this thread if anyone else knows any I’d love to see em. Maybe I’ll throw one up I have a tray in fruiting now and a mini tub about to be cased and another bag consolidating and about to be trayed up too.  My sub is similar to the one Viridis420 used but different still.

Psilocybe papuana

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCelestialexplorer1
Male

Loc: Floating in a tin can
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: inski] * 2
    #26978838 - 10/10/20 05:10 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Caerulescens one day after breakdown of bulk bag to recovery tray. Super resilient.

--------------------

To spend just one moment in eternity

Male

Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Celestialexplorer1] * 2
    #26981047 - 10/12/20 08:25 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Day one caerulescens Recovery tray from bulk bag
day 2 cased

--------------------

InvisibleRumblestrip

Loc: Canada
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Celestialexplorer1]
    #26981057 - 10/12/20 08:30 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Which variety/locale of caerulescens are those?

Edited by Rumblestrip (10/12/20 09:39 AM)

Male

Re: Spawned Zapotecorum today :) [Re: Rumblestrip]
    #26983979 - 10/13/20 07:49 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Does any one know of or have record of fruiting temps for ps.papuana or can tell me about surface conditions possibly. My tray has been in fruiting for 7 days and looks good although no signs of pinning above the casing yet. Just want to make sure I’m on the right track before I get too far with it. It’s grown through the casing a bit but not too much. In the bulk bag it took ten days to full colonization and added another 4 for good measure. 3 days recovery and now 7 days in fruiting.

Edit: found it it was in viridis grow.

--------------------

Edited by Celestialexplorer1 (10/13/20 08:18 PM)

OfflinePsiloPsychIn
PsiloPsychIn
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: up north
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Spawned Zapotecorum today :) [Re: Celestialexplorer1] * 3
    #26984379 - 10/14/20 12:54 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

This may seem like no big deal but I’ve been trying off and on for a few years to grow Psilocybe Azurescens so I was really stoked to find this pin on the Azurescens side of my container grow. After spotting this I found four other little pins on the side.

--------------------
What are they saying? Listen carefully, it might be something you need to hear...

InvisiblebobwastakenS
under construction
 User Gallery

Loc: SA
Re: Spawned Zapotecorum today :) [Re: PsiloPsychIn]
    #26984423 - 10/14/20 02:17 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

That is a big deal and I'd be just as stoked. Congratulations! Keep us posted on their development:popcorn:

@Celestialexplorer1 My P.papuana trays have been fully colonized and in fruiting for a month now at temps ranging between 15-25c. No signs of pinning yet. Since Inski's grow took a few months to fruit and just a week for Viridis420's I figure I'm still in good shape.

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Spawned Zapotecorum today :) [Re: bobwastaken]
    #26984470 - 10/14/20 04:01 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

That’s awesome Psilo, it looks like you’ve been putting in work making these complex woodlover tubs.

Plus I think I’ve seen maybe one person grow azures since I’ve been here.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Male

Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: A.k.a]
    #26987710 - 10/15/20 09:52 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Bobwastaken yes I was thinking the same thing I just found inskis grow the other day after I began to worry and it eased it a little. I have another tray but I’m thinking about trying out a different environment right now I have the first in my automated pana and mexicana tub which focuses a lot more on evaporation and the first tray I did a light casing maybe 1/8th and on this second more like 3/8ths so I guess I’m in for the long wait now with ya.

Hispanica

--------------------

Edited by Celestialexplorer1 (10/15/20 09:58 PM)

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic

#26988065 - 10/16/20 08:22 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

CE1 how do you plan to fruit those?
I thought they only fruited in like 15C?

I have no way of getting my GH done that much.

--------------------
:sporedrop:Trade List:sporedrop:

LAGM2021

Male

Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Puduwoke]
    #26988207 - 10/16/20 10:44 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I have some ideas.

--------------------

Edited by Celestialexplorer1 (10/16/20 10:53 AM)

Male

#26993658 - 10/19/20 08:52 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Aztec

--------------------

OfflinePsiloPsychIn
PsiloPsychIn
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: up north
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Celestialexplorer1] * 1
    #26993670 - 10/19/20 09:05 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I've seen a few people post about growing Ps. Semperviva in here. I have some going and I inoculated a bag of straw, horse manure, and coir/verm. It was going gang busters in that bag, but its a bit harder to mix the grain evenly into that substrate and the growth was mostly on one side. I got impatient and tried to mix that growth around and now it is coming back more slowly than the initial growth spurt.

So my question is to those of you experienced... does the Semperviva mycelium not like being disturbed like Pan mycelium (yes I know that they are vastly different species). Just curious about what people's experience has been. I still feel pretty confident that it will fully recover... I'm just thinking I wont do that again, maybe work harder on getting the grain distributed more evenly to start with.

In other news... spotted another Azurscens pin - this one bigger than all the rest. I had to move it inside because it is about 30 degrees out there for most of the day. It is clear that the Azzies do not like the 70 degree heat in the house and all growth seemed to stop. I've moved it out into my shed where it is about 40-60 degrees. I'm hoping that will wake them up and get them back to growing. Fingers crossed!

--------------------
What are they saying? Listen carefully, it might be something you need to hear...

InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

Loc: W-Europe
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: PsiloPsychIn]
    #26993763 - 10/19/20 10:21 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I wouldn't exactly call myself experienced with P. subtropicalis, as I have only done two grows that are still fruiting. My popcorn grain spawn was moving slowly, probably because I inoculated it with a small agar wedge and as far as I remember didn't shake the jars at all.

I spawned some of these jars to a pasteurized substrate of straw and a small amount of worm castings. The growth speed on this substrate increased considerably and it colonized much faster than I anticipated. I applied a 50/50+ casing layer and I believe this bin is on it's 5th or 6th flush and still producing a fair amount of fruits.

For the other bin, I made some jars with a mixture of coir and worm castings with a central, cylindrical hole over the entire height of the jar. I sterilized these jars and inoculated them in the SAB with the same popcorn grain spawn. This one took ages to completely colonize, and once it was finally done I broke it up to make the bin. I was expecting it to recover fast, but it took at least another month or longer and parts of the coir never completely colonized up until this day. I think I left it like this for over two months before realizing it wasn't ever going to finish colonizing, so I applied a 50/50+ casing layer and now it's finally finished it's first flush.

So from these very preliminary results, I'm theorizing this species might not like very dense substrates. Is your substrate quite dense as well with the added coir? Or maybe the sterilized vs pasteurized substrate has something to do with it as well..? How did you treat the substrate?

OfflineAendir
Passionate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: PsiloPsychIn] * 2
    #26994019 - 10/20/20 06:48 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Hey guys,

Semperviva mycelium is one of the toughest I know of.

Easy to work with, fast on agar & grains, eating contains for breakfast, low need of FAE, not picky on substrate, etc.

I've tried with & without shaking, and it didn't make a real difference.

The only downside would be the slow fruit growing, but it's well worth the wait :wink:

I've been working on them for more than a year now and they're my all-time favorite.

P.S : Something I never saw before : A fruit on agar

--------------------
À vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire

Trade List

Male

Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Aendir]
    #26994090 - 10/20/20 07:59 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I just started working with these and I vouche for the speed of colonization. 2.5lb grain bag in 9 days from LC and 10 for the two quarts and 14 for the 3lb bulk bag. Killing it. I was not expecting such vigorous and healthy growth. Think this may be one of my new favorites but I haven’t fruited it yet just spawned the two quarts and will spawn the 2.5lb grain bag today to a mono and the bulk bag to two trays. I didn’t shake any of my grain spawn but I did turn the bulk bag and there was a fast recovery and it helped a lot.

--------------------

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
    #26994122 - 10/20/20 08:18 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I can attest to the others on the Semperviva myc. being freaking relentless--
PsiloPsychIn I had a similar situation where I used a pint of rye in a bag, and while it took longer to colonize the half that I didn't get much grain into, it still made it 100%.

Here we are today with my two semp projects:
Bag's showing several pins

Tray's doing pretty well

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic

Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: coAsTal]
    #26994416 - 10/20/20 11:52 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Okay okay you guys! Enough already. I was already super excited to get working with these one after feeling I have somewhat knowledge base about growing Pans.

Aendir please share more photos..  actually that goes for all of you guys!:begger:

--------------------
:sporedrop:Trade List:sporedrop:

LAGM2021

Offlinesmalltalk_canceled
Babnik
 User Gallery

Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: PsiloPsychIn]
    #26994424 - 10/20/20 11:57 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PsiloPsychIn said:
I've seen a few people post about growing Ps. Semperviva in here. I have some going and I inoculated a bag of straw, horse manure, and coir/verm. It was going gang busters in that bag, but its a bit harder to mix the grain evenly into that substrate and the growth was mostly on one side. I got impatient and tried to mix that growth around and now it is coming back more slowly than the initial growth spurt.

So my question is to those of you experienced... does the Semperviva mycelium not like being disturbed like Pan mycelium (yes I know that they are vastly different species). Just curious about what people's experience has been. I still feel pretty confident that it will fully recover... I'm just thinking I wont do that again, maybe work harder on getting the grain distributed more evenly to start with.

In other news... spotted another Azurscens pin - this one bigger than all the rest. I had to move it inside because it is about 30 degrees out there for most of the day. It is clear that the Azzies do not like the 70 degree heat in the house and all growth seemed to stop. I've moved it out into my shed where it is about 40-60 degrees. I'm hoping that will wake them up and get them back to growing. Fingers crossed!

Hope to see a thread. Struggling with Semper.

--------------------
Willpower is the one true virtue

Edited by smalltalk_canceled (10/20/20 12:05 PM)

InvisiblePoison Drink
Male User Gallery

Loc: W-Europe
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Puduwoke] * 1
    #26997132 - 10/21/20 10:53 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Puduwoke said:
Aendir please share more photos..  actually that goes for all of you guys!:begger:

I posted a picture of my best P. subtropicalis flush in this thread a while ago. And below is a picture two days later right before harvesting when they were producing more spores, a picture of the harvest and some prints.

And here are two pictures showing the weirdly shaped stems that occur on a portion of the P. subtropicalis fruits. In these pictures of the same two specimens, you can see that two neighboring mushrooms like to fuse together, and that the stem of quite a few of these mushrooms is oval shaped, with the width being twice the depth or more. These stems usually have a central depression over the length of the stem.

The bin is still fruiting by the way.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck