Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLight
Stranger
Aneurysm via Shrooming !?
    #2681812 - 05/15/04 09:56 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Hello there,

Last night two of my friends and I consumed (fresh) 10 grams of Mexicana Cubensis, and 5 grams of Original Mexicana Truffles.

I have spoken to one of the friends, but not the other about a very worrying experience I had. He said he did not have these symptoms, though I have not spoken to the other about it.

During the onset of each 'wave' of the trip, I felt a rushing of chemicals / blood? in my brain which gave me a stabbing pain in my head. This 'stabbing' effect continued for hours after the trip, and later on, I just wanted it to go away. It continues for maybe 6-7 hours after consumption, but this morning has gone away.

I am extremely concerned that, through moronically taking these things, I have caused an aneurysm in my brain to develop, or perhaps even more fatally - rupture....

I would like to know if anyone has had similar experiences to what I have described there, or if this is unatural and potentially worrying ?

If i had known that there was even the slightest risk of developing an aneurysm through taking this drug, I wouldn't have, though my research was obviously insufficient ?

Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity
Re: Aneurysm via Shrooming !? [Re: Light]
    #2681833 - 05/15/04 10:01 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I've never heard of that happening, but perhaps it was just a migraine.

--------------------

InvisibleYrtlzmo
Female
. [Re: Light]
    #2682470 - 05/15/04 01:28 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by Yrtlzmo (02/07/13 09:52 AM)

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #2682676 - 05/15/04 02:16 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, I highly doubt that would happen. Do you know what the effects of an aneurysm are? They aren't just a pain in your head.

InvisibleMykey
spectraltraveler

#2682766 - 05/15/04 02:40 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Just a headache my friend. Definately a bad time to get one,but the shrooms didnt cause anything to go wrong in your melon except maybe a more hightened sensitivity to the pain coupled with paranoia.

OfflineLight
Stranger
    #2683058 - 05/15/04 04:43 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Ok well thanks for the advice. I was probably paranoid...

But how about this question :
Do shrooms raise the blood pressure to a level that is higher than normal, (ie through everyday physical excersise)? As if this was the case, then surely shrooms could either aggrovate an allready existing aneurysm or trigger the development of one, where the user had a pre disposition ?

It's just that for me, I would expect the shrooms to relase chemicals which get sent to the brain reasonably steadily, and that is why I am worried about my experience - I experienced bursts of{*PAIN*) and after these bursts everything would look slightly different, it felt exactly as if these bursts of pain were correlated with the chemicals rushing into my brain, and this is why I am worried that perhaps what was happening was more along the line of either :

1.( If chemical release is gradual from shrooms)
Increased blood pressure overall, caused pressure on existing aneurysm which gave off burts of pain.. waves that i felt were due to shrooms but also due to the aggrovated aneurysm (sufferers of this condition do get trip like effects)

2. (If chemical realise is infact in 'chunks' )
Blood pressure increases with the chunks, and this is why I felt like I had BURST OF PAIN --> wave, etc

Just some paranoid thoughts perhaps, but I was a little freaked out by this very peculiar pain which felt like blood flowing or something from deep within my head....( and I haven't spoken to a shroomer which said (s)he has had similar experiences)...

However, if it is NOT the case that shrooms elevate the blood pressure to a non standard level, then I am more than happy to accept that the possibility is negligable that shrooms could aggrevate or cause this condition...

Edited by Light (05/15/04 04:46 PM)

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #2683075 - 05/15/04 04:49 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

You'd be surprised how much your mind can trick itself on mushrooms though. One time I noticed I had severe abdominal pains for like 2 hours and couldn't figure out why. Then I went to take a piss and realized that it was just my full bladder the whole time (a very common and easy to identify feeling sober heh). Oh and another time my friend forgot to breate and passed out, went into a short seizure, then woke up completely oblivious to the fact we watched him shake like mad on the floor. It was scary :laugh:

Offlineshrooms777
Re: Aneurysm via Shrooming !? [Re: deff]
    #2689861 - 05/17/04 01:24 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I had one effect where it felt like the chemicals were traveling up my spine and into my brain. my entire back felt warm. in reality I may have just been laying on my back for a while lol

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2691310 - 05/17/04 01:13 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Do shrooms raise the blood pressure to a level that is higher than normal

I've taken my blood pressure when I've been tripping. It was the same as normal.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #2692084 - 05/17/04 03:51 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

The psilocybin itself has nothing to do with blood pressure.... but if you get panicky while you're tripping, yes, your BP goes up, and its not the shroom's fault.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Aneurysm via Shrooming !? [Re: Xlea321]
    #2699298 - 05/18/04 11:30 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

my blood pressure dropped shortly after in the ingestion of a large dosage of mushrooms, but i find them to lower things rather than stimulate things - my skin gets clammy and cold and im pretty sure my bloodsugar drops as well.
An Aneurysm would cause numbness or permanent behavioural changes - weakness or paralysis of certain muscles, loss of balance or some longterm nasty effect - if none of these were present it sounds more liek a migrane.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Aneurysm via Shrooming !? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2700536 - 05/19/04 09:52 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

A developing aneurysm in the brain would cause a series of chronic headaches until the blood vessel actually burst, at which point you would collapse and die or undergo brain surgery to tie the blood vessel off.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineLight
Stranger
    #2705825 - 05/20/04 01:21 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Ok chaps, thanks for the replies - I basically experienced a very bad migraine.

I wonder why I got one though, it really ruined my experience. However, I would like to say that the experience was utterly fantastic.

Basically, when my friends and I stepped outside our house, we saw everything about 10 times more 'intensively' than we had done before. My friend said, (he wears glasses) that the experience was very like putting a pair of glasses on, except even more signficant. What I mean by intensively, is that everything appeared far, far more colourful. I remember looking at one of my friend's eyes and thinking, 'Damn that is beautiful'...

However, we are not presented with this much information about the world around us normally, as it eats into our ability to concentrate on other things.. there is a part of the brain which actually blocks a lot of the information from our senses to allow us to focus on our thoughts. Actually I found that the amount of information coming in, was so significant that not only did I have difficulty in thinking about other things, but I had a 'missing frame' type effect whereby I would look behind me, and instead of everything 'updating' continously as I moved my head around, it 'updated' in a chunky manner. It genuinely seemed to me as if my brain had far, far, far to much information to try and process - particullarly visual information.

Now I appreciate that taking magic mushrooms does more than just allow you to see the world 'like it is' or more vividly, and it actually can cause you to 'hallucinate' but I was fascinated by this 'overloading' effect that came into place when I ate those mushrooms. I remember just thinking how beautiful the whole world looked - and looking at the individual stones that made up a wall, thinking how individual they all were...

We don't normally consider all this, because it is just far too much to take in ( for everyday life ). I was very pleased I took the mushrooms, just for that experience - I will never forget some of the beautiful, beautiful images / scenery that I saw that day.

OfflineLight
Stranger
    #2714073 - 05/22/04 06:19 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Bump guys lemme know if your experiences are similar to these.. I'm interested...

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
    #2714141 - 05/22/04 07:38 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i remebber on china's thrumbprint thread that even on a couple hundred doses of lsd that your blood pressure stays normal, remeber to breath next time, take deep breaths, let all worrys drift away, all pain is gone, all thoughts cease,and just climb in that place of birth and renewal and be born again,peace Gypsy

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Aneurysm via Shrooming !? [Re: Xlea321]
    #2714256 - 05/22/04 09:23 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

sure, but if you go to emergency with a suspected aneurysm the first thing they will ask you is whether any parts of your body are numb or tingly.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Aneurysm via Shrooming !? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2717660 - 05/23/04 07:49 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

They didn't ask my friend that when I took him to the hospital after he'd collapsed with one. He was conscious but unable to think accurately. Maybe it depends whether it's a brain or aortic one.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag