Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinecurious user
Stranger
Depression and Mushrooms
    #26991772 - 10/18/20 05:43 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

So I have PTSD for one reason or the other and have tried numerous Doctors Prescriptions. I have seen where the use of mushrooms can help depression . First I need to know if this is true and second if there is someone around Dayton Ohio who can help me in this discovery in dosage, growing and microdosing to help me get over this hurdle which i've been fighting for the past past 10 years. If Not I'm done !!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't believe in modern day pharma and have had no luck with it . This is the last last attempt. I've tried psephologist, medication and self healing to no avail.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVP123
Strange
Male

Loc: Midwest
Re: Depression and Mushrooms [Re: curious user] * 2
    #26991833 - 10/18/20 06:32 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

From personal experience, mushrooms help. I don't know if you have seen the research done at Johns Hopkins University and the Imperial College in London. I decided to give mushrooms a try after reading their research. Try to spend some time navigating this site. There's plenty of information on how to grow mushrooms, trip levels, personal accounts of psychedelic experiences and more. Don't despair now. If you got to this site, and you devote some time to reading and learning, you will eventually be able to try mushrooms. For me they were a much needed relief. But I have to take them every now and then (usually every 2 to 3 or even 4 months but others may take them more often). Even if I fall again into depression, it's no longer as bad as it was before my first mushroom trip.

Since mushrooms are not legal, it will be difficult for someone to help you in person. Actually, asking to meet or trying to procure illegal substances through this site is not allowed (I'm not sure if you were implying this but I have to say it just in case).

As per dosing, you may want to look at the different trip levels. My first time was 0.9 g dry, second time 1.5 g dry. Everyone is different and we have to experiment with ourselves. My first try, even though it was a very low dose, it provided much needed relief.

There is good information at tripsafe.org. you may want to check it out. The section on safe use of mushrooms has useful information. In fact, if you check the following link

https://tripsafe.org/how-to-take-shrooms/

You will see some data on the best approach to get better benefits from psychedelics (some people here will recommend starting with a high dose but the data seems to indicate that there are more lasting benefits if you increase the dosage gradually).

There are places where you can buy spores. Don't despair.  At least, make the resolution to try it at least once and see what happens.

Welcome to the shroomery.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: Depression and Mushrooms [Re: curious user]
    #26992202 - 10/19/20 01:13 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

What VP123 said is really solid accurate advice, listen to him.

Mushrooms are not a magical silver bullet that will solve all your problems, but they can help. If you're really serious, you should gradually work your way up to larger doses. Generally larger doses are more effective for stuff like this, but they're also much harder and much more difficult to handle psychologically. Past a certain point you don't really handle them at all, you're just along for the ride as reality falls apart.

They've been known to help, just don't expect an instant solution to all your problems.

OfflineskOsH
Functionally dysfunctional
 User Gallery

Loc: the PNW
Re: Depression and Mushrooms [Re: nooneman]
    #26992331 - 10/19/20 05:48 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I had a good work colleague try mushrooms for depression. They only did about 2g dried and didn't really enjoy it. They seemed like the type of person who could handle anything weed related but when it came to psych's, they didn't like it. I mean, its difficult to get the right set and setting all lined up unless you know what to expect. I think that someone should trip, alter their surroundings until they are happier (obviously do this post trip), and experiment with different meditative music, maybe, headphones, an eye mask/shades, and some trippy things to watch on a monitor or tv. Then work your way up with dose but make sure to reset your tolerance each time. Or trip outside...but still, always have a plan and a backup plan. You're tripping, you're gonna want to make sure your ship sails smoothly if this is for depression. Never trip if you're tired, or you already are in a shit mood. MDD sucks, TRD also sucks. Millions of us out there that are suffering. Hopefully they figure out psychedelic treatment, because for some, that's all they respond to. That being said, it isn't the only thing that helps. Sometimes people respond better to different treatment entirely

Then again super high doses were the only thing that ever helped my depression. But, I would say it was psilocybin and LSD that both helped me. LSD moreso.

Offlinegg66802
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Depression and Mushrooms [Re: skOsH]
    #27040977 - 11/15/20 05:29 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

skOsH said:

Then again super high doses were the only thing that ever helped my depression. But, I would say it was psilocybin and LSD that both helped me. LSD moreso.

Would you mind talking about your "super high doses" of psilocybin? Do you remember what was better after? Was it minor? Was it the regularity of the high doses? Did it last (x) months and then you needed to dose again? Or was it subtle?

I am looking for help with my depression. So your experience is valuable to me. My first grow, definitely gave me some relief. It has been a really long time since I've been in a place where I could grow.

Thanks
gg66802

Offlinenothanksman

Re: Depression and Mushrooms [Re: gg66802]
    #27041010 - 11/15/20 05:55 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gg66802 said:
Quote:

skOsH said:

Would you mind talking about your "super high doses" of psilocybin? Do you remember what was better after? Was it minor? Was it the regularity of the high doses? Did it last (x) months and then you needed to dose again? Or was it subtle?

I am looking for help with my depression. So your experience is valuable to me. My first grow, definitely gave me some relief. It has been a really long time since I've been in a place where I could grow.

Thanks
gg66802

I'm not the person you replied to but I can tell you that my experience in the past was that a "super-high" dose could often
produce a strong change in the way I thought or felt, almost like a paradigm shift, but it's just like therapy or a major
spiritual experience in that it has to be maintained.

You can get sudden and drastic breakthroughs, but it doesn't fix things forever.

If I had done it the way it is being done right now in research, I feel I would have gotten more sustainable results.

Right now there are at least two ways researchers are performing psilocybin research;
either a psychedelic dose taken under the supervision and guidance of a therapist
with a follow-up session a day or week later to process the experience,
or micro-dosing small amounts as a long-term medication.

I would think they would be drastically different experiences, but both are showing very positive results.

I think depending on the severity of your symptoms of depression, a large psychedelic dose followed by a
processing session and then maintenance with a micro-dose would produce excellent treatment outcomes,
but obviously I'm not qualified to say that for sure because we don't know each other and
I'm technically just some rando on the internet.

Also, it is still illegal and being researched.

Offlinejesusfish
Naive Tripper
Male

Loc: Wisconsin Flag
Re: Depression and Mushrooms [Re: curious user]
    #27042149 - 11/16/20 11:54 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with what others have said. Psychedelics helped me put my problems in perspective and gain an understanding and acceptance of these issues. LSD was personally more helpful for this than mushrooms, but I have limited experience with both.

They're definitely not miracle drugs by any means though. You'll likely have to put in the work to solve the issues in your life causing your depression. I've also noticed that in the immediate aftermath of a psychedelic experience, there's almost this urge to remove yourself from society and go live in the woods. In your case, I'd probably play into one of the more constructive urges you have.

I'd also suggest you take up some occasional meditation, as it may be helpful for you. Good luck if you plan to go down this route :thumbup:

--------------------
LOVE

Edited by jesusfish (11/16/20 11:55 AM)

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
Re: Depression and Mushrooms [Re: VP123]
    #27044763 - 11/18/20 01:10 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

VP123 said:
From personal experience, mushrooms help. I don't know if you have seen the research done at Johns Hopkins University and the Imperial College in London. I decided to give mushrooms a try after reading their research. Try to spend some time navigating this site. There's plenty of information on how to grow mushrooms, trip levels, personal accounts of psychedelic experiences and more. Don't despair now. If you got to this site, and you devote some time to reading and learning, you will eventually be able to try mushrooms. For me they were a much needed relief. But I have to take them every now and then (usually every 2 to 3 or even 4 months but others may take them more often). Even if I fall again into depression, it's no longer as bad as it was before my first mushroom trip.

Since mushrooms are not legal, it will be difficult for someone to help you in person. Actually, asking to meet or trying to procure illegal substances through this site is not allowed (I'm not sure if you were implying this but I have to say it just in case).

As per dosing, you may want to look at the different trip levels. My first time was 0.9 g dry, second time 1.5 g dry. Everyone is different and we have to experiment with ourselves. My first try, even though it was a very low dose, it provided much needed relief.

There is good information at tripsafe.org. you may want to check it out. The section on safe use of mushrooms has useful information. In fact, if you check the following link

https://tripsafe.org/how-to-take-shrooms/

You will see some data on the best approach to get better benefits from psychedelics (some people here will recommend starting with a high dose but the data seems to indicate that there are more lasting benefits if you increase the dosage gradually).

There are places where you can buy spores. Don't despair.  At least, make the resolution to try it at least once and see what happens.

Welcome to the shroomery.

:whathesaid: :kenthumbup:

--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

Invisiblecoversall
إِنْ شَاءَ ٱللَهُ
 Unread Journal

Loc: संसार
Re: Depression and Mushrooms [Re: nooneman]
    #27045378 - 11/18/20 11:24 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:
What VP123 said is really solid accurate advice, listen to him.

Mushrooms are not a magical silver bullet that will solve all your problems...just don't expect an instant solution to all your problems.

These are such important points.

In my (uneducated so take it with a pinch of salt) opinion, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. ie, mushrooms can shed some new insight on various aspects of whatever, and allow the real work to start.

Tripping should not be used in isolation.

--------------------

..:: E V E R Y  ::..

..:: New? Start here. ::..
..:: How I Panaeolus. From Agar to Tea ::..

OfflineIgnorantape
Mycophile

Loc: The Indigo Plateau
Re: Depression and Mushrooms [Re: coversall] * 1
    #27050842 - 11/21/20 05:49 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Excellent advice in this thread so far. I'd highly recommend that you look up the Johns Hopkins and Imperial College studies as they'll give you a decent idea of how to approach things.

Other than that I'll second the opinion that psychedelics aren't a magic pill. You don't just take them and everything gets better. In almost ll of the therapeutic studies that I've read about psychedelics are used in order to facilitate you doing the work that needs to be done. Usually what this looks like is that the drugs are used in order to help you talk about traumatic experiences with a therapist in a more calm and accepting state of mind. Just taking the drugs does very little by themselves.

I've found that I can do something similar by myself simply by rephrasing negative thoughts that come into my head while I'm tripping. It's a fairly simple technique but I've found that It's effective in shifting embedded negative thought patterns.

That said psychedelic healing is a long slow road that takes practice and time. I'd definitely recommend that you do it alongside more conventional forms of therapy though.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract