Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Agar, HEPA Filter

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMushi_Mushi
Stranger
Loc: India Flag
[Buying] I'm looking for a few warm/hot weather Shiitake strains to buy.
    #26991002 - 10/18/20 07:06 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Hello all,
I wish to grow some Shiitake  mushrooms but it's not much cold here. We have tropical climate. I plan to grow them indoors on hardwood saw dust. I can grow them on straw to if the strain demands. I prefer Night Velvet, Bulochka, Halo, Shiitake 75, etc. Basically any strain that can handle 80F.
Kindly let me know if you have any warm weather strain culture. I'm willing to buy from you. Thank you for reading.

Edited by Mushi_Mushi (10/18/20 12:11 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [Buying] I'm looking for a few warm/hot weather Shiitake strains to buy. [Re: Mushi_Mushi]
    #26991135 - 10/18/20 10:32 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Prints are not strains. You can take a print from a warm weather strain and use those spores and obtain a cold weather strain. The genetics you get from the spores of a warm weather strain will still be random.

--------------------

OfflineForrester
embracing the subtle
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maine, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [Buying] I'm looking for a few warm/hot weather Shiitake strains to buy. [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26991147 - 10/18/20 10:39 AM (1 month, 5 days ago)

:whathesaid:

Just do some work growing out several strains from the print you get and see if you can get any to fruit in warm weather, I'll bet you can.

Sorry I don't have a print, but it shouldn't be too hard to find one.  They drop a lot of spores.

I caught a picture of them doing it once, you can see the spores whirling in the air to the right of the big mushroom.

(sorry it doesn't help, but it's cool)

--------------------
Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflineMushi_Mushi
Stranger

Re: [Buying] I'm looking for a few warm/hot weather Shiitake strains to buy. [Re: bodhisatta]
    #26991235 - 10/18/20 12:00 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Prints are not strains. You can take a print from a warm weather strain and use those spores and obtain a cold weather strain. The genetics you get from the spores of a warm weather strain will still be random.

Thank you so much for this information. I always thought warm weather shiitake will produce spores of the same genetics. I'll update my post right away and replace spore print to culture.

--------------------
I love to grow gourmet mushrooms.

OfflineMushi_Mushi
Stranger

Re: [Buying] I'm looking for a few warm/hot weather Shiitake strains to buy. [Re: Forrester]
    #26991243 - 10/18/20 12:09 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Forrester said:
:whathesaid:

Just do some work growing out several strains from the print you get and see if you can get any to fruit in warm weather, I'll bet you can.

Sorry I don't have a print, but it shouldn't be too hard to find one.  They drop a lot of spores.

I caught a picture of them doing it once, you can see the spores whirling in the air to the right of the big mushroom.

(sorry it doesn't help, but it's cool)

Thank you too for this information about spores and strains. Is there a guide where I can learn how to separate the strains from spores? I'm guessing this will involve agar plates and HEPA filter. That is not a problem for me.
Those shiitakes look really good. Yes, I can see those spores flying like a smoke. My oysters do the same thing. It's very wonderful to watch those sometimes.

--------------------

OfflineForrester
embracing the subtle
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maine, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [Buying] I'm looking for a few warm/hot weather Shiitake strains to buy. [Re: Mushi_Mushi]
    #26991334 - 10/18/20 01:22 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

This thread may be a good place to start, about cleaning and isolating strains on agar:

Stro's Cleaning and Isolation on agar

I believe it's geared towards cubensis but the concepts are mostly the same.  Just ignore the parts about "rhizo" growth, as that's not what you need to look for.

--------------------
Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #26991352 - 10/18/20 01:36 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Mushi_Mushi said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:

Thank you so much for this information. I always thought warm weather shiitake will produce spores of the same genetics. I'll update my post right away and replace spore print to culture.

No that's like saying two short people will always have short kids. The kids (spores) from a warm weather strain can be anything

--------------------

OfflineMushi_Mushi
Stranger

Re: [Buying] I'm looking for a few warm/hot weather Shiitake strains to buy. [Re: Forrester]
    #26991362 - 10/18/20 01:43 PM (1 month, 5 days ago)

Thank you for pointing me to that thread. I'll go through it.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Agar, HEPA Filter

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms