Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMycoTricho
Hermit
Male

Re: The definitive mask thread. [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #26964411 - 10/01/20 05:55 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
I saw a guy(probably mid to late 40s) randomly sitting in the walmart walk in today with an anonymous mask....was hella creepy lol

Oh, don't mind him. He just wants to bomb Parliament to end the Protestant Reformation and reinstate the Catholic Church to it's rightful place as controller of England. Remember remember.

--------------------
"...do you think God made the world to amuse himself because he was bored? Because if so he would have to be mean." - Jack Kerouac

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: The definitive mask thread. [Re: MycoTricho] * 1
    #26964416 - 10/01/20 05:58 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I wear a mask to protect myself cuz ive actually lived in close proximity to live covid virus for months now and i dont want that shit

Yall do what you want. Ima be good.

OfflineKing Klick
That Guy Everyone Knows
Male User Gallery

Re: The definitive mask thread. [Re: morrowasted] * 4
    #26964420 - 10/01/20 05:59 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

If you don't wear a mask, you're a cunt. PERIOD

--------------------
Your god is dead, and I killed him.

When you’re lost, here I am. Forever with your soul

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
Re: The definitive mask thread. [Re: King Klick]
    #26984124 - 10/13/20 09:16 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

https://californiaglobe.com/section-2/new-cdc-study-finds-majority-of-those-infected-with-covid-19-always-wore-masks/

"

From the CDC Study:

Participants were asked about wearing a mask and possible community exposure activities (e.g., gatherings with ≤10 or >10 persons in a home; shopping; dining at a restaurant; going to an office setting, salon, gym, bar/coffee shop, or church/religious gathering; or using public transportation) on a five-point Likert-type scale ranging from “never” to “more than once per day” or “always.”

For each reported activity, participants were asked to quantify degree of adherence to recommendations such as wearing a face mask of any kind or social distancing among other persons at that location, with response options ranging from “none” to “almost all.”

In the 14 days before illness onset, 71% of case-patients and 74% of controlparticipants reported always using cloth face coverings or other mask types when in public. Close contact with one or more persons with known COVID-19 was reported by 42% of casepatients compared with 14% of control-participants (p<0.01), and most (51%) close contacts were family members.

Interestingly, the CDC found:

Adults with confirmed COVID-19 (case-patients) were approximately twice as likely as were control-participants to have reported dining at a restaurant in the 14 days before becoming ill. In addition to dining at a restaurant, case-patients were more likely to report going to a bar/coffee shop, but only when the analysis was restricted to participants without close contact with persons with known COVID-19 before illness onset. Reports of exposures in restaurants have been linked to air circulation (7). Direction, ventilation, and intensity of airflow might affect virus transmission, even if social distancing measures and mask use are implemented according to current guidance. Masks cannot be effectively worn while eating and drinking, whereas shopping and numerous other indoor activities do not preclude mask use. (Of note, the question assessing dining at a restaurant did not distinguish between indoor and outdoor options. In addition, the question about going to a bar or coffee shop did not distinguish between the venues or service delivery methods, which might represent different exposures.)"

:barbershreds:

https://aapsonline.org/mask-facts/

"Conclusion: Wearing masks (other than N95) will not be effective at preventing SARS-CoV-2 transmission, whether worn as source control or as PPE."

https://www.wnd.com/2020/10/4861690/

"Mark Changizi, a theoretical cognitive scientist researcher,  noted on Twitter the study showed that usage of a face mask leads to:

Increased rebreathing of expelled carbon dioxide
Significant increase in respiration, increased respiratory rate, and hyperventilation
Increased heart rate
Increase in Co2 in the blood
Hypoxemia, which is an abnormal decrease in the partial pressure of oxygen in the arterial blood
A hypercapnia, which is an increase in the pressure of Co2 in the blood
General cognitive decline
Greater difficulty in psychomotor tasks
Changizi also noted masks increase the risk of injury by impairing sight downward."

:shrug:

Edited by HamHead (10/13/20 09:24 PM)

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The definitive mask thread. [Re: HamHead]
    #26984139 - 10/13/20 09:27 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

All of that to show that you don’t really understand your own link.

--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

I’m sorry it had to be me.

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Re: The definitive mask thread. [Re: christopera]
    #26984140 - 10/13/20 09:28 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

christopera said:
All of that to show that you don’t really understand your own link.

Please explain.

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

https://www.icandecide.org/

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26984152 - 10/13/20 09:34 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Those summarized studies are about protecting the mask wearer, via the mask. They don't address the suppression of particulate or droplet matter.

Of course a properly fitted N95, N100, or P100 mask will filter better on inhalation. Literally nobody is debating that.

--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26984212 - 10/13/20 10:05 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
The Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-italy-timing-idUSKBN27V0KF

This online first version has been peer-reviewed, accepted and edited,  but not formatted and finalized with corrections from authors and proofreaders

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26984221 - 10/13/20 10:11 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

What are you trying to prove?

--------------------

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

#26984241 - 10/13/20 10:34 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

christopera said:
What are you trying to prove?

Mask may not be effective at preventing transmission.

There are negatives to wearing a mask, it is not all net positive.

States with less mask mandates are doing better with their infection rates compared to those states with heavy mask mandates.

Florida lifted covid restrictions and there hasn't been a spike in cases.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/09/25/916969969/floridas-governor-lifts-all-covid-19-restrictions-on-businesses-statewide

September 25th - October 13th, more than 14 days for incubation and 7 day moving average hasn't moved much. We will have to wait and see how things look around Halloween.

Mississippi lifted mask mandates.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2020/09/30/mississippi-becomes-first-state-to-lift-mask-mandate/

Not a big spike in 13 days. Again, more time and observations are needed. We can revisit all this in a couple more weeks.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: The definitive mask thread. [Re: HamHead] * 1
    #26984254 - 10/13/20 10:44 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I wonder how well a mask made from a hepa filter would work.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflinePsion
Sage
    #26984266 - 10/13/20 10:52 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

mask mandates may not exactly be the best thing to look at - perhaps mask compliance should be a better example.

for instance,  the upper peninsula of michigan vs the lower part.

up here, us yoopers, at least around the marquette area, started around 50% compliance right from the get-go, did a masks for marquette facebook group who sewed cloth masks for people and companies that needed them, and the compliance rate quickly ramped up to 60, then 70%, and now it's almost 100% in stores, even if the proper wear isn't 100%. (people not covering their nose for instance, a few people occasionally taking it down to talk across the room or something, etc) i'd say people who wear it properly are closer to around 40-50%.

on the other hand, the lower part of michigan, i hear horror stories of how almost no one wears it properly or pretty much ignores the mandates when possible. perhaps that's why michigan has over 150,000 cases, yet the upper peninsula makes up only a couple thousand of those. and most of those were only in the last months, probably due to the tourist season. my area, for instance, has only 565 cases or so, 95 in the last week. at least according to the washington post's tracker. this in a population of 66,500 or so for the county of last estimate. not exactly the smallest of areas. (20k or so in the town of marquette itself.)

so yeah, i would say that masks probably do work, considering we've barely had a blip of covid over the entire time this has been going on, despite a rather booming tourist season. seriously, in the 3 years i've worked at the grocery store here, this has by far been the busiest summer ever for business, and lots of out of state drivers licensees have been seen with alcohol/cig purchases.

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Re: The definitive mask thread. [Re: Psion]
    #26989877 - 10/17/20 10:32 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

:ohwow:

--------------------

InvisibleTulipslave
Homo sapiens sapiens, lol

#26990094 - 10/17/20 01:30 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Fuck masks.

I only wear bandanas.

A wet bandana filters some smoke and dust particles.  Dry one for public.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: The definitive mask thread. [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 2
    #26990304 - 10/17/20 04:19 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I wear masks to protect others and myself. I do believe they help and work. Not sure on their effectiveness but its has to be better than no mask. :shrug:

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Re: The definitive mask thread. [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #26990740 - 10/17/20 09:45 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

OfflinePsion
Sage
Re: The definitive mask thread. [Re: HamHead] * 2
    #26990761 - 10/17/20 10:15 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

no? stuff like that isn't something that happens overnight. it builds up over a long period of time. if people are suffering from bad breath and tooth decay, and noticing such issues, guess what? it's because the masks are causing them to smell their own stinky bad breath, just like one cupping their hand over their mouth to check their breath does.

now they're being forced to realize "oh wow, maybe all that 20 cig a day, half a pint of captain morgan's, and ultra-processed junk food habits while not brushing properly after eating and before bedtime leads to, you guessed it... bad breath and tooth decay.

ah, who am i kidding, they're gonna blame it on the masks. (take it from me, the guy with the sensitive nose - it wasn't the mask. your breath always stank. ;; )

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Re: The definitive mask thread. [Re: Psion]
    #26990780 - 10/17/20 10:33 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Meh. Ever since I had a deep cleaning and was taught to brush properly, I don't notice any foul smells coming from my mouth.

How long is 'a long period of time'? A month? 2 months?

Some people have been wearing a mask for 8+ hours a day for several months now.

--------------------

Invisibletrees
 User Gallery

#26990865 - 10/18/20 12:13 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Now, i wear my mask for warmpth only, and for that reason only. Since its getting cold

--------------------
Trees is dead, this is his mum posting

OfflinePsion
Sage
Re: The definitive mask thread. [Re: HamHead] * 1
    #26990882 - 10/18/20 12:46 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

HamHead said:
Meh. Ever since I had a deep cleaning and was taught to brush properly, I don't notice any foul smells coming from my mouth.

How long is 'a long period of time'? A month? 2 months?

Some people have been wearing a mask for 8+ hours a day for several months now.

yeah, i'm one of those people who wears a mask for 8 hours a day. have been for 5 days a week since february. not noticed a single issue of bad breath at all. i did have tooth decay in the back of my upper front tooth when i saw the dentist last month, but that was from over a year ago. (a piece of it chipped off when i bit a tortilla chip, and i'd been wanting to see a dentist to finally get it fixed; then finally got around to figuring out a dentist in my area and working my the courage to see doctors and the dentist and getting my health on track...then covid said hello and fucked up my plans for a while. lol) i hadn't been for a cleaning since i was a teenager - over 20 years ago. they said that other than that decayed tooth (almost certainly from me sipping my sodas to make them last longer... <_<; ) my teeth and gums were shockingly healthy, practically no issues at all. a routine cleaning was enough to address any minor gingivitis or plaque buildups.

CO2 build-up makes little sense in regards to the mouth anyways. you aren't breathing constantly through your mouth to begin with. your mouth is already a high CO2 environment. your inner lips are constantly pressed against your gums and teeth, and moisture is constantly covering them as well. it's just not a very oxygen rich environment compared to say, your nasal passages, unless you're constantly blabbering all day long.

if there's a huge spike in dentist appointments and people showing up reporting tooth decay/halitosis, it's almost certainly because people are suddenly being forced to smell their own bad breath for the first time in their life and finally realizing they have a problem, not because the problem suddenly arose from masks. as further evidence, i've noticed people are buying a lot more gum/breathmints at my checkout line nowadays. :P

...and the occasional complaint about chewing said gum and having menthol-y vapors rising into ones eyes thanks to the masks...not so refreshing. LOL.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale