Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Peat

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

Lion's Mane LC to tree stump?
    #7497517 - 10/08/07 03:07 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well I have this little tree stump in the back yard here and some Lion's Mane LC. I'm not sure if the LC is completely good anymore...might have gotten jostled too much during a move. Anyhow I thought a fun solution might be to just try and squirt the LC into the nooks inside the tree stump and see if it would colonize anything. I know traditionally this would be done with colonized dowels but I'm not sure if just straight LC would work...maybe I could even pour some BRF in the nooks with the LC to help it get started (though I don't know if this is a great idea outdoors). I live in the PNW and it has been consistently moist/raining here for a while now...there's even some peat moss growing on the side of the stump, which would help keep the humidity in. The stump is still moist from yesterday's rain because it's constantly overcast here and I don't think the stump will dry out (if it starts to I can always water it). Anyhow if anyone can let me know what they think of this that'd be cool. I think I'm just going to try it anyways.

EDIT: Just for the hell of it I took some mushroom compost from a pre-sterilized spawnbag, buried it under some wood chip mulch and shot some south american spores into it. I don't expect anything from either of these experiments but the spawnbag's "self-healing" injector site didn't self-heal so I figured I might as well.

--------------------

Edited by PoC (10/08/07 03:44 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineArkansania
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Lion's Mane LC to tree stump? [Re: PoC]
    #26990876 - 10/18/20 02:38 AM (1 month, 10 days ago)

Did this work?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Peat

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms