Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMr_enforcer1
Finder-less
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
I have changed
    #26989341 - 10/17/20 12:55 AM (5 days, 4 hours ago)

So I’ve been sober for about 6 years, recently I decided to smoke weed which something I used to really enjoy, and wow wtf! This is NOT enjoyable!! All I do is criticize myself and put myself down. I thought the anxiety and negativity would go away once I got a tolerance...Nope. Over a month now and the same shit every time. A few days ago I quit, gave away my expensive dab rig I just bought and all my weed to my friend. I understand I’m not the same person I was when I was a teenager, I’m 25 now with kids. Maybe it’s my environment? Not a good time in my life? Too much stress? Something underlying that I’m not working on? Idk but here’s why I come to you guys, I used to love mushrooms, I’ve had the most beautiful, eye opening moments tripping, that feeling that we are all one, that none of the little things matter. I used to trip once to twice a year and call it my spiritual cleansing cause I would feel so cleaned and relieved like the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders. A very serene place that would last for months. But after this experience with weed I can’t help but think my enjoyable times with psychedelics is also gone. Maybe it’s just time to grow up, maybe life is telling me “OK you got the message, hang up the phone”. Anybody else have a similar experience? What the hell is going on?

--------------------
HOW TO UPLOAD A PICTURE

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNortherner
FSM acolyte
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: I have changed [Re: Mr_enforcer1]
    #26989640 - 10/17/20 07:34 AM (4 days, 21 hours ago)

Yeah, similar thing happened to me. After about 6 years or so of smoking weed it lost its magic as well. Just started making me feel uncomfortable, anxious, spun out in a bad way. It took a few months to come right, maybe about a year to be as if I'd never smoked. That was 20 years ago now. I still don't smoke, it was never like it was in the early days ever again.

I did some stimulants and other stuff in my 20's but completely forgot about psychedelics. Then one day after about a 5 year break I got some acid and it was just like the first time again. Had another psychedelic romance, tripping most weekends and loving it. Then I slowed down again. A lot of DMT and acid later I decided I'd had enough and I spent the best part of 2 years completely sober, not a drink or anything. Now I trip every month or two.

If you feel the need to be sober, just be sober. It doesn't mean anything other than you're just doing what you want or need to do. People grow, change, move through phases. If you don't fight the changes and just roll with them it'll be much easier for you. After all the only people that aren't growing or changing are dead.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Edited by Northerner (10/17/20 07:59 AM)

Offlinemorrowasted
Male User Gallery

Re: I have changed [Re: Northerner]
    #26989707 - 10/17/20 09:03 AM (4 days, 19 hours ago)

not unusual. i loved weed when I was younger. i haven't used it in a while but when I'd stopped in my late 20s it just mades me feel hungry, forgetful, and unfocused, paranoid, apathetic, congested, and messed with my lung function

psychedelics are a totally different ballgame

OfflineNo Face
Open your eyes

Loc: Lost But Not Losing
Re: I have changed [Re: morrowasted]
    #26990569 - 10/17/20 08:35 PM (4 days, 8 hours ago)

If you are a new parent thats where the anxiety is coming into play. I HAD to quit for the first few years of both my kids lives because I was so wrapped up in being a new dad and lack of sleep and stressed that If i smoked id have a mini panic attack while holding my baby. After I got used to fatherhood i started smoking again and still do now. as for eating shrooms. id do it on a weekend where you dont have the kids and now that your mind is more grown and developed you will probably gain a lot more positive insight while tripping then when you were younger. you also wont think its going to last forever like when you were a kid. and the visuals will just be amusing because in your adult mundane life it ll be a nice breath of fresh air. eat some shrooms when the kids are away for the day. after you eat them just think about your kids and your life and how even if its not perfect its yours and you love it. do that and by the time that 120 min mark hits and your tripping balls you will be overwhelmed with joy. the first time i tripped after becoming a father was pretty life changing. It made me reeeealy realize how amazing it was that i made life and that i am teaching that life i made everything they know and they love me more than anything in the world. you ll most likely be enveloped in beautiful thoughts of yours children and the future, while your couch breaths and the walls melt

--------------------
Meditate////Create////Destroy
I say Idk a lot, But low-key... I be knowing.
Nothing is real

Offlinespirit_shadow
I am sofa king
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: I have changed [Re: No Face]
    #26990677 - 10/17/20 09:57 PM (4 days, 6 hours ago)

Try different strains until you find the one that works best for you :thumbup:

--------------------
kaleidoscope eyes, watch as I dematerialize...(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Invisibletrees
 User Gallery

Re: I have changed [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #26990861 - 10/18/20 01:04 AM (4 days, 3 hours ago)

You have to be doing well mentally to enjoy weed. If weed makes you feel bad it could be from underlying mental discomfort or something. Thats what ive theorized lately. I smoke so much weed cause im always in a good mood and i dont worry about nothin. If something could come fuck my life up like a big new debt or legal problems, id smoke less if any

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #26991359 - 10/18/20 12:40 PM (3 days, 16 hours ago)

Find something with a lower thc content. I'm great right around 10%. Very much higher and it's exactly as you describe.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineTranceDaDude
Stranger
Re: I have changed [Re: Mr_enforcer1] * 1
    #26991388 - 10/18/20 01:08 PM (3 days, 15 hours ago)

All the symptoms you described are what happen when you get way too high.

Dab rig? With no tolerance? Might as well take anxiety pills.

Even good weed with no tolerance is too much. All you need is a tiny, baby hit.

OfflineShiithead
Conservatively Progressive
Male User Gallery

Loc: God's Flat Green Earth
Re: I have changed [Re: TranceDaDude]
    #26991645 - 10/18/20 04:29 PM (3 days, 12 hours ago)

--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Family

OfflinePsion
Sage
Re: I have changed [Re: Shiithead]
    #26992253 - 10/19/20 04:46 AM (3 days, 10 minutes ago)

i dunno, constant putting down and criticizing sounds like not enough personal time to me. i'm not saying to neglect the kiddos or anything mind! but don't forget to get enough rest every night and take some time every day to enjoy personal activities that refresh your soul, whether it's reading fantasy novels, doing art of some sort, walking through nature, gardening, etc...

your body isn't the only thing that needs to be nourished. the mind and heart also need food as well. if you neglect them, they suffer for it, and it shows in various ways, whether in stress, apathy, befuddlement, or other ways such as lack of spiritual purpose or lacking a sense of wonder and curiosity when new things and opportunities arise.

kids know this intuitively. play hard and rest hard! the problem with adults is that they always learn this shiny new "work hard" bit then forget all about the first two!

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #26992532 - 10/19/20 10:04 AM (2 days, 18 hours ago)

How did you go from 6 years sober to owning a dab rig before you even knew if you still enjoy MJ? It sounds like you fell for a friend's hype. If I were ever to dabble again, I would start with a bowl and only graduate to dabbing after a year of use, let alone buying the equipment.
But I doubt I will because like you, I primarily experience negative thought patterns from MJ. Social withdrawal, introspection, thought loops, pessimistic self-image, anxiety, dread.
I don't know why you are lumping mushrooms into the same category. I have always found MJ to forcefully take the reins of emotion in a way that mushrooms do not.

--------------------
Namaste

Edited by RedNucleus (10/19/20 10:13 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Community >> The Pub