Home | Community | Message Board

Old Faithful Seed Bank
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Psychedelic Medicine, Research & Microdosing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMr.Olive.Oil
NewGuy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Italy Flag
Am I mentally sane or should I worry?
    #26990470 - 10/17/20 08:26 PM (9 days, 9 hours ago)

Hello, been smoking weed for 2 years now, once a week only usually on Saturdays at home, took shrooms one time(a month ago), everywhere I read that psychedelics expand your world and it seems that way, nothing major for me yet but everything I was thinking about seems to make more sense and I am heading more and more that way.
This world at times feels artificial, almost everyone finds a goal and sticks to that path absorbing him almost completely(a sport, a belief, a research, even enlightenment or growing shrooms), like this reality is designed to keep us busy like a prison or like a video game, I've thought of consulting a psychiatrist and a tiny part of me thought, if it is all artificial then a psychiatrist that would help you keep it real with meds or other methods could very well be a safeguard of the system.
Am I becoming a little bit paranoid? Or is it normal thinking? My mother has a mental disorder and I would not want to end up like her for my family's sake

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOpenQwerty
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Am I mentally sane or should I worry? [Re: Mr.Olive.Oil]
    #26991030 - 10/18/20 07:59 AM (8 days, 21 hours ago)

Hi,

You are the one who decide (for yourself) what is real and what is not real. Some people have decided that (for example) an ancient man hanging on a cross was the son of their God, some other people think that their God will coming to save their life, and there is a lot of people thinking that nothing really exist. For them this is the truth...Ad there is nothing wrong whit that. What you wrote:  " This world at times feels artificial, almost everyone finds a goal and sticks to that path absorbing him almost completely(a sport, a belief, a research, even enlightenment or growing shrooms), like this reality is designed to keep us busy like a prison or like a video game" is quite similar to what a psychologist named Timothy Leary wrote in some of his books.

Anyway if u need any help, you can find a lot of way to be helped better than to see a psychiatrist. For example....To study philosophy, helped a lot of people better than any psychiatrist, without "collateral damages":cool:

Moreover, IMO before to talk about to seek for psychiatric help, you have at least to read this one (I put a link in italian, because I see the flag below your avatar): https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esperimento_Rosenhan

Edited by OpenQwerty (10/18/20 08:03 AM)

Offlinejomanda1990
Stranger
Male

Loc: South America
Re: Am I mentally sane or should I worry? [Re: OpenQwerty]
    #26991125 - 10/18/20 10:25 AM (8 days, 19 hours ago)

A psychiatrist would have exactly the same clue as you as to what reality is. And so would a philosopher, a scientist, a Buddhist, and any other human being.
No one knows for sure what life is for, if it's real, if it's all mudded perception, or if we're actually sentient crystalline facets of an eternal universe interacting with itself.

What you're describing sounds to me like an existential crisis. I think you overcome pessimistic thoughts by shifting your focus to the present moment and appreciating your capabilities as a sentient piece of the universe. Perhaps some sort of meditation would help? Or whatever other methodology you find that suits your lifestyle.

--------------------

OfflineMr.Olive.Oil
NewGuy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Italy Flag
Re: Am I mentally sane or should I worry? [Re: jomanda1990]
    #26991756 - 10/18/20 07:21 PM (8 days, 10 hours ago)

Thank you both for your input, probably just overthought it, my mom is in need of help hearing voices telling her what to do and such, I'm far away and with this pandemic situation I can't go be there for her, guess this situation is really heavy on me. Anyway feel free to suggest reading material in English, I sometimes read a book in English, good to keep practicing the language.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Psychedelic Medicine, Research & Microdosing

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: geokills, Asante, Pastywhyte
138 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2020 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.