Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMarcd455
Stranger
What brand LME is everyone using for agar plates?
    #26990407 - 10/17/20 05:41 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Looking to start preparing some Malt extract agar plates and i cant seem to find any specific brand recommendations. I will be using Telephone brand agar agar and im looking for a tried and trusted brand of organic light malt extract. Anyone got a good organic recommendation that is on amazon?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePinkey
Stranger

Loc: In Your MudaFukin Head
Re: What brand LME is everyone using for agar plates? [Re: Marcd455]
    #26990432 - 10/17/20 06:04 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Marcd455 said:
Looking to start preparing some Malt extract agar plates and i cant seem to find any specific brand recommendations. I will be using Telephone brand agar agar and im looking for a tried and trusted brand of organic light malt extract. Anyone got a good organic recommendation that is on amazon?

Briess

Not Certified Organic or anything... but..

I grow mushrooms..and brew beer with it.

https://www.amazon.com/Briess-DME-Pilsen-Light-Bag/dp/B0714G7RRZ/ref=sr_1_2?crid=167OX3V4EJXDN&dchild=1&keywords=briess+pilsen+malt+extract&qid=1602979524&sprefix=Briess+pi%2Caps%2C185&sr=8-2

https://www.morebeer.com/products/pilsner-dry-malt-extract-dme.html

--------------------
"Looky here, baby... You're hittin' them cornaz too goddamn fast.  You need to slow this muthafucka down.  Ya understand?  I almost spilt my yack on this $200 suit, nicca.  C'mon, baby, get it togetha."

Pinky

Edited by Pinkey (10/17/20 06:07 PM)

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What brand LME is everyone using for agar plates? [Re: Pinkey] * 1
    #26990436 - 10/17/20 06:08 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Beer brewer here too.

For the record, LME in beer brewing = liquid malt extract.  DME = dried malt extract.  You will probably want dried as it's easier to work with, liquid malt extract is a mess.

And the brand may matter for brewing, but it doesn't matter when using for agar.  Use whatever is cheapest (but you still want light, not dark).

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

Offlinepureshrooming
feels like a stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What brand LME is everyone using for agar plates? [Re: Forrester]
    #26990490 - 10/17/20 06:46 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I know you said amazon but if you have a local brewing supply store they can hook it up for cheap.

OfflinePinkey
Stranger

Loc: In Your MudaFukin Head
Re: What brand LME is everyone using for agar plates? [Re: pureshrooming]
    #26990528 - 10/17/20 07:09 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

pureshrooming said:
I know you said amazon but if you have a local brewing supply store they can hook it up for cheap.

True...I order so much shit from MoreBeer...I always just add some dry malt extract to my order.

Amazon can be like triple the price for malt extract alot of the times.

I guess it depends on how close the brew store is...the closest one to me is 45 minutes each way..I just order from MoreBeer... good prices and free shipping for $59 and up orders...but I order tons of brewing stuff from there...so it's not problems to add some malt extract.

--------------------
"Looky here, baby... You're hittin' them cornaz too goddamn fast.  You need to slow this muthafucka down.  Ya understand?  I almost spilt my yack on this $200 suit, nicca.  C'mon, baby, get it togetha."

Pinky

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract