Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 373 | 374 | 375 | 376 | 377 | 378 | 379 | 380 | 381 | 382 | 383 | 384 | 385 | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | Next > | Last >
OfflineCelestialexplorer1
Male

Loc: Floating in a tin can
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Mycolorado] * 1
    #26988898 - 10/16/20 05:20 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Nindo and huautla pins

--------------------

To spend just one moment in eternity

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Interdimensional Bootcamp
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Celestialexplorer1]
    #26988911 - 10/16/20 05:34 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Bag looks good!

Male

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Mycolorado]
    #26988951 - 10/16/20 06:07 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

It was test run to see how it faired with multispore cultures. I have many isolate runs lined up with lots of mexicana strains. I don’t ever usually fruit in bags though. But thanks so far the huautla and nindo both produce small and few stones but are wonderful fruiters.

--------------------

Edited by Celestialexplorer1 (10/16/20 06:12 PM)

Invisibleredeyesmj
werdo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Middle of kansas
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Celestialexplorer1]
    #26989208 - 10/16/20 09:32 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Mycolorado- what's different about your media??

Celestial- those nindos look great

--------------------
Where am I at?

[/url]
“To be godless is probably the first step to innocence," he said, "to lose the sense of sin and subordination, the false grief for things supposed to be lost."
So by innocence you mean not an absence of experience, but an absence of illusions."
An absence of need for illusions," he said. "A love of and respect for what is right before your eyes.”― Anne Rice, The Vampire Lestat

OfflineWallabymince
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: redeyesmj]
    #26989726 - 10/17/20 08:28 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I had Literally tossed my whole batch because I bought Mexiacana for the stones only to assume the brownish pinkish myc. was contammed.

good thing I kept a jar and some in the syringe. I tossed a few plates and jars though.

How discolored can these get with their myc.? It looks kinda dusty after a bit but starts bright white then slightly pinkish it grows quick and looks kinda fluffy too.

It seems I relied too much on their similarity to cubes. You Sclerotia guys rock! :thumbup:

Male

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Wallabymince]
    #26989737 - 10/17/20 08:38 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

The jar on the right is atl you can see how the myc is brown and yellow. Those are mainly the colors it changes to in time I can’t say I’ve ever seen pink in any of my jars. And I would say 90% of my mexicana jars don’t change color at all. Only when they start to produce stones in the jars do
I see them change color and most of my mexicana jars get spawned at 100% so maybe that’s why. They just about never produce stones before full colonization

--------------------

Edited by Celestialexplorer1 (10/17/20 08:40 AM)

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Celestialexplorer1] * 1
    #26989814 - 10/17/20 09:41 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Color really enhancing on all colonies.  Even a transfer from a “normalish” looking plate has turned pink as well.  Ive discussed this previously and just want to reiterate that the media formulations/food sources we use have a direct impact on morphology and very well could be tuned to produce better fruiting cultures.  Whether or not that’s true will require more testing of course.  I’ll put together a write up with what I’m doing when I get some more results. Either way, they sure are pretty!

OfflineWallabymince
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Mycolorado]
    #26990342 - 10/17/20 04:49 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

That colour activity looks just like what i had

At first quick white growth followed by a duller tan or grey to then pinkish purplish hue in the centre and white edges.

I used soft MEA so colours were a little hard to see. But i did keep one jar so its good to know i should leave it to 100% and watch for stones

Edit: I took some photos of the jars and plates before I tossed them. The pink hue is virtually invisible in the photos but when the plates were over colonised they had that dull grey look in the centre and seemed a little dusty from where the fluffy tall bits were running out of food(i assume)

Edited by Wallabymince (10/17/20 04:57 PM)

Male

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Wallabymince]
    #26990393 - 10/17/20 05:24 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Have you ever seen any other species do that on agar mycolorado? That’s crazy because I’ve thrown out plates before that looked just like that and recently. One was an A-strain plate.

--------------------

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26990408 - 10/17/20 05:42 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Just in tamps so far.

Male

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Mycolorado] * 1
    #26990492 - 10/17/20 06:48 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

So I have 3 quarts of huautla, 2 jalisco, 1 beulah tamp, 2 a-strain and 1 chicon nindo. I’m thinking about doing a whole mono tub for the huautla and a mini mono for the a-strain and shoeboxes for the rest. I’m going on vacation for a week so I figured all the spawn is like 98% so I’ll spawn it all before I leave and when I get back it should be near completion. I wanna fruit these in the simplest way possible for my first run mainly for the prints and if I’m successful and the prints are good enough I’ll do a giveaway only to people who will use them for the betterment of the community and reserching mexicana.

--------------------

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26990508 - 10/17/20 06:54 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Wallabymince said:
That colour activity looks just like what i had

At first quick white growth followed by a duller tan or grey to then pinkish purplish hue in the centre and white edges.

I used soft MEA so colours were a little hard to see. But i did keep one jar so its good to know i should leave it to 100% and watch for stones

Edit: I took some photos of the jars and plates before I tossed them. The pink hue is virtually invisible in the photos but when the plates were over colonised they had that dull grey look in the centre and seemed a little dusty from where the fluffy tall bits were running out of food(i assume)

Yeah, that color is very similar to what I’m seeing.

InvisibleRumblestrip

Loc: Canada
    #26990529 - 10/17/20 07:09 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Celestialexplorer1 said:
So I have 3 quarts of huautla, 2 jalisco, 1 beulah tamp, 2 a-strain and 1 chicon nindo. I’m thinking about doing a whole mono tub for the huautla and a mini mono for the a-strain and shoeboxes for the rest. I’m going on vacation for a week so I figured all the spawn is like 98% so I’ll spawn it all before I leave and when I get back it should be near completion. I wanna fruit these in the simplest way possible for my first run mainly for the prints and if I’m successful and the prints are good enough I’ll do a giveaway only to people who will use them for the betterment of the community and reserching mexicana.

I've found grain to rgs to casing is quick, easy, and reliable for mexicana and subtrops.

Invisibleredeyesmj
werdo
Male User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Rumblestrip]
    #26990702 - 10/17/20 09:12 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

None of my plate have ever turned turned pinkish...they get bands of greenish tan but the color is very light. The bottoms all have browned where the growth is older.

I like the idea of tailoring the media nutrients to promote better fruiting cultures...look forward to your results

--------------------
Where am I at?

[/url]
“To be godless is probably the first step to innocence," he said, "to lose the sense of sin and subordination, the false grief for things supposed to be lost."
So by innocence you mean not an absence of experience, but an absence of illusions."
An absence of need for illusions," he said. "A love of and respect for what is right before your eyes.”― Anne Rice, The Vampire Lestat

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: redeyesmj]
    #26990715 - 10/17/20 09:23 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Damn fine fruit!
:seriousthumbsup:

Invisibleredeyesmj
werdo
Male User Gallery

#26990760 - 10/17/20 10:14 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you sir

Got a few shoeboxes that I cased yesterday and all of them have already grown through the casing in patches.  Thinking I will cover the patches and start fruiting tomorrow

--------------------
Where am I at?

[/url]

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic

#26990863 - 10/18/20 12:09 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Celestialexplorer1 said:

Where did you get A-strain?

Haven't seen anyone grow that..well since I started growing1:takingnotes:

--------------------
:sporedrop:Trade List:sporedrop:

LAGM2021

InvisibleAmbrose

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Puduwoke] * 1
    #26993772 - 10/19/20 10:33 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Yeeee, first Galindoi fruit baby!
Tiny and sparse but got some fruit so I'm happy.

How do yall like the taste? Tried one and it reminds me of water melon rinde with a surprisingly sour after taste:crazy2:

InvisibleRumblestrip

Loc: Canada
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Puduwoke]
    #26993955 - 10/20/20 04:51 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Puduwoke said:
Quote:

Celestialexplorer1 said:

Where did you get A-strain?

Haven't seen anyone grow that..well since I started growing1:takingnotes:

Yeah, it hasn't been around for awhile. I think it fell out of favor because the B strain and Jalisco fruited much better and Alt7 produces nicer/larger stones.

Male

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Rumblestrip]
    #26994025 - 10/20/20 06:53 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

From what I’ve seen so far nindo, huautla and a-strain all produce very little stones if at all and at least nindo and a-strain are better fruiters. I’ve only ran one culture so afar of each though so I can’t get an accurate assessment but the huautla seems to be more delicate and will probably need some selective agar work before getting a good fruiting strain.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 373 | 374 | 375 | 376 | 377 | 378 | 379 | 380 | 381 | 382 | 383 | 384 | 385 | 386 | 387 | 388 | 389 | 390 | 391 | 392 | 393 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale