Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Injection Ports, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | Next >
Offlinecreekhouse
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Tolldom]
    #26985071 - 10/14/20 02:40 PM (10 days, 14 hours ago)

My rye jars that I inoculated with a MSS are showing contam for sure - just hoping for an ID. Is this early trich, or cobweb?

I had the same type of contam during my last run from a different syringe, same vendor. I'm PCing my jars at 15PSI for 2 hours, and am using self-healing injection ports and SFDs. What is the most likely contam vector? The contam always starts around where I spray my spore solution.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewombatnaut
Stranger
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: creekhouse]
    #26986054 - 10/14/20 11:24 PM (10 days, 5 hours ago)

There's a dark brown/black streak of discoloration near the bottom center of the image (under the large white mycelium blob). Is this contam? Or maybe just dropped spores?

Offlinesmalltalk_canceled
i want canopy

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: wombatnaut]
    #26988260 - 10/16/20 01:24 PM (8 days, 15 hours ago)

Trich on fruits?

--------------------
i didnt give up, even though i was mistreated
tenacity was my true virtue
a capacity even my enemies
would grant in praise

Offlinezentatonic
Mycopath
Male

Loc: New England
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: smalltalk_canceled]
    #26989615 - 10/17/20 07:57 AM (7 days, 20 hours ago)

This jar was only started 7 days ago (pink oysters). Is there any possibility it should be colonized this far already? Or is it likely mold?

OfflineTGS
Pied Piper
 User Gallery

Loc: Cloudbase
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: zentatonic]
    #26990046 - 10/17/20 02:37 PM (7 days, 14 hours ago)

The grainy white on the sunflower seeds on an otherwise ok looking jar, is this suspect or just how it colonizes the sunflower?  Never see it before.

Offlinesmalltalk_canceled
i want canopy

#26991842 - 10/18/20 08:41 PM (6 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

zentatonic said:
This jar was only started 7 days ago (pink oysters). Is there any possibility it should be colonized this far already? Or is it likely mold?

Heya. I only recently started a few oyster jars. The growth is grey and in the beginning and then thickens up. But I cant see from this pic that your jar is good. Ask in the gourmet forum, there's going to be a lot of oyster veterans there.

and to help the gourmet guy eyes, take a new picture, its out of focus and its incorrectly rotated

--------------------
i didnt give up, even though i was mistreated
tenacity was my true virtue
a capacity even my enemies
would grant in praise

Edited by smalltalk_canceled (10/18/20 08:42 PM)

InvisiblePastywhyteM
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: TGS]
    #26991872 - 10/18/20 08:58 PM (6 days, 7 hours ago)

Quote:

TGS said:
The grainy white on the sunflower seeds on an otherwise ok looking jar, is this suspect or just how it colonizes the sunflower?  Never see it before.

Looks yeasty.

OfflineTGS
Pied Piper
 User Gallery

Loc: Cloudbase
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #26992131 - 10/19/20 01:02 AM (6 days, 3 hours ago)

Thanks it went in the tub so will know in a week or so.

OfflineMyc_Hunt
Total amateur
Male

Loc: Fungal Void
    #26992919 - 10/19/20 02:45 PM (5 days, 14 hours ago)

What am I growing?

--------------------
This place is a mush cult mush culting

InvisiblePastywhyteM
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #26993171 - 10/19/20 05:05 PM (5 days, 11 hours ago)

Quote:

TGS said:
Thanks it went in the tub so will know in a week or so.

I doubt it, a little yeast won’t often stop a cube colony if it’s otherwise healthy. I bet you see at least one flush.

Offlinezentatonic
Mycopath
Male

Loc: New England
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #26994677 - 10/20/20 04:15 PM (4 days, 12 hours ago)

There are 3-4 entirely different entities popping up on this sub. Any ideas what is going on here? lol

OfflinepfTEC9
Deep in thot
Male

Loc: Beast Coast
    #26996592 - 10/21/20 05:19 PM (3 days, 11 hours ago)

What if you put 2 spent shoebox subs into a 5 gallon bucket to trash, got lazy, and it took 3 weeks to trash. when you opened the bucket it smells like straight yeast, smelled like a bread factory. Would you scrub and reuse this bucket?

--------------------
I bruise blue too

InvisibleMunchauzen
Mushroom Maharaja
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: pfTEC9]
    #26996602 - 10/21/20 05:30 PM (3 days, 11 hours ago)

For sure reuse it. The plastic isn't porous enough to worry about it being ruined. Scrub with some soapy water, maybe sanitize with iso if you really go all out.

Offlinestarbones
Ornery old fucker.
I'm a teapot

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Munchauzen]
    #26996666 - 10/21/20 06:15 PM (3 days, 10 hours ago)

Starting to get desperate here dealing with what I believe is Aspergillus flavus.

It's affecting everything and I'm trying to find something OTHER than it being airborne. I first tried addressing my spawn by taking colonized jars from earlier this year from the same batches I did and grew prior with zero problems thinking I've fucked up somewhere since with it. Spawn being most likely the culprit. Those tubs caught it, shoeboxes with new spawn have caught it. I thought my LCs must have been fucked but the only thing growing on agar from them is myc as far as I can tell. Tried a few different LC.

Jars that I've done with GT from agar wedges on grain spawned to coir, first flush and neon green-yellow began to grow.
Jars that I've done recently, same thing.
Jars from march, july, all the genetics I have. First flush and it's there.
I've tried different rooms in my home, same thing. Doesn't matter where the shoebox is.

I'm at a complete loss and all I have left to address is my coir and my procedure with it. I fully understand that coir is fungal resistant and that spawn is the most likely culprit and I've taken every step and precaution to prove spawn is the problem.

The only thing I have begun to do differently is using hot water instead of boiling for my coir. I was told that I was wasting my time with it. Nowhere on the packaging does it say it is enriched with anything like trich but from searching and reading Trusted Cultivators like hamloaf had nothing but problems with it. I apologize profusely here for trying to point to anything but my spawn but I'm not using bags, I'm using jars I've had amazing success with all year over a 100+ monotubs. My failure rate for a jar going shitty is 2-3% out of 240+ jars and that's always a grey-emerald green mold. I'm sorry to ask about it being something other than spawn because I know Shroomery is so sick of hearing it.

Have I been being fucked by the coir brand or the lack of boiling water? I don't know if anyone else is having this problem with Aspergillus.

OfflineSarahlee
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: starbones]
    #26996813 - 10/21/20 08:20 PM (3 days, 8 hours ago)

I’m new to this, I was just wondering if this is contaminated or if it’s just mycelium growth.

Offlinemushchicky
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Sarahlee]
    #26998288 - 10/22/20 06:35 PM (2 days, 10 hours ago)

Can bacterial be saved on a BRF cake?

InvisibleF. 3
Flowing
Other
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: starbones]
    #26999180 - 10/23/20 08:39 AM (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Quote:

starbones said:
Starting to get desperate here dealing with what I believe is Aspergillus flavus.

It's affecting everything and I'm trying to find something OTHER than it being airborne. I first tried addressing my spawn by taking colonized jars from earlier this year from the same batches I did and grew prior with zero problems thinking I've fucked up somewhere since with it. Spawn being most likely the culprit. Those tubs caught it, shoeboxes with new spawn have caught it. I thought my LCs must have been fucked but the only thing growing on agar from them is myc as far as I can tell. Tried a few different LC.

Jars that I've done with GT from agar wedges on grain spawned to coir, first flush and neon green-yellow began to grow.
Jars that I've done recently, same thing.
Jars from march, july, all the genetics I have. First flush and it's there.
I've tried different rooms in my home, same thing. Doesn't matter where the shoebox is.

I'm at a complete loss and all I have left to address is my coir and my procedure with it. I fully understand that coir is fungal resistant and that spawn is the most likely culprit and I've taken every step and precaution to prove spawn is the problem.

The only thing I have begun to do differently is using hot water instead of boiling for my coir. I was told that I was wasting my time with it. Nowhere on the packaging does it say it is enriched with anything like trich but from searching and reading Trusted Cultivators like hamloaf had nothing but problems with it. I apologize profusely here for trying to point to anything but my spawn but I'm not using bags, I'm using jars I've had amazing success with all year over a 100+ monotubs. My failure rate for a jar going shitty is 2-3% out of 240+ jars and that's always a grey-emerald green mold. I'm sorry to ask about it being something other than spawn because I know Shroomery is so sick of hearing it.

Have I been being fucked by the coir brand or the lack of boiling water? I don't know if anyone else is having this problem with Aspergillus.

maybe just maybe its the coir company. hard to tell, coir is resilient as hell no matter where its from. I've tried many (5-6 ) different brands different places , private people no brand at all.
all of them is the same really.
I do pour boiling water tho on it, no cooler or insulated bucket, double box, now plastic bags in which the coir came in :lol:
but even when I don't use all of it at once and use it later it is still good. 

I'm using an ozone generator, purge the room with that thing and trust it killed the shit I cant see.
Maybe that would help you out too.
Im using Airthereal MA10k-PRO. fairly cheap considering the trouble you are going through.

Edited by F. 3 (10/23/20 08:51 AM)

InvisibleF. 3
Flowing
Other
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: mushchicky]
    #26999183 - 10/23/20 08:41 AM (1 day, 20 hours ago)

Quote:

Sarahlee said:
I’m new to this, I was just wondering if this is contaminated or if it’s just mycelium growth.

its myc where I can see it, what are those circles tho?
did you bury cakes in the box?

Quote:

mushchicky said:

Can bacterial be saved on a BRF cake?

It would be a waste of time I think. unless its your only one you can try somewhat revive it, if you can do agar work.

Edited by F. 3 (10/23/20 08:44 AM)

OfflineInthepit
Anicca, Dukkha, Anatta
Male User Gallery

Loc: Puerto Rico
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: F. 3]
    #26999219 - 10/23/20 09:11 AM (1 day, 19 hours ago)

Quote:

I'm using an ozone generator, purge the room with that thing and trust it killed the shit I cant see.
Maybe that would help you out too.
Im using Airthereal MA10k-PRO. fairly cheap considering the trouble you are going through.

Ooooh, does it smell like just after lightning?
I had a Jacobs Ladder in my bedroom
between a window and a Maryjane plant for security!

So you don't get any lung issues with a room full of ozone?
        :goodnews:

--------------------
GLOSSARY    Team Telephone ☎️ FTW!  :chugbeer:    Pioppino noob log

Edited by Inthepit (10/23/20 09:14 AM)

Offlinestarbones
Ornery old fucker.
I'm a teapot

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Inthepit]
    #26999297 - 10/23/20 10:36 AM (1 day, 18 hours ago)

If after switching coir back to Ecoearth and going back to boiling doesn't stop the mold outbreaks I don't know what I'm going to do. Lost another two tubs this morning as well as two shoeboxes. All different spawn from different genetics.

Sucks, severely depressed about this. A hundred or more successful monotubs this year alone and tons of shoeboxes. No issues.

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | Next >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Injection Ports, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation