Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
Re: Using 'Heet' to extract compounds
    #264949 - 03/03/01 10:52 AM (23 years, 1 month ago)

heheh yeah i wasnt going to drink the methanol, but it does evaporate quite well i was just wondering if "heet" has any kind of additives that are harmfull because on the bottle it just says methanol which is standard chemical for safe extraction.

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Patty Poacher

Re: Using 'Heet' to extract compounds [Re: Cow Shit Collector]
    #265170 - 03/03/01 03:24 PM (23 years, 1 month ago)

i havnt seen a new post in a while...

anyway, dont use heet to extract, i just put some with strawberries and they extracted everything from the berries but after filtration the mixture takes a while to evaporate so i'm guessing it's not pure anyway.

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Patty Poacher

#268227 - 03/08/01 02:42 PM (23 years, 1 month ago)

ok it's totally evaporated and it smells like potent strawberries, does ANYONE have info on this compound? Is it safe? Whats a good chemical for extraction (somthing pure) that wont leave unedible resadue on the final extracted product??? HELLLLP! :)

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

OfflineDrTongue
enthusiast
    #268620 - 03/09/01 11:17 AM (23 years, 1 month ago)

here's from a fAQ i found:

Application & how HEET Gas-Line Antifreeze works:
HEET contains methanol and a corrosion inhibitor. When HEET is added to the gas tank, it sinks to the bottom and mixes with any water.Since both HEET and water are heavier than gasoline they go to the bottom of the gas tank. HEET keeps the water from freezing and blocking the flow of gasoline through the gas line and fuel pump. When the vehicle is started, methanol, water and gasoline are consumed during combustion inside the engine. HEET also serves as an excellent water remover in the spring and summer.

Patty Poacher

Re: Using 'Heet' to extract compounds [Re: DrTongue]
    #268660 - 03/09/01 01:06 PM (23 years, 1 month ago)

ok,
do you think the corrosion inhibitors are soluable as in, would they evaporate to or would they stay with the extract?

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Patty Poacher

#269391 - 03/11/01 12:16 AM (23 years, 1 month ago)

i've been trying to find a good source for ethanol, seeing as this would be the easiest and most consumable method. But most places charge a liquor tax or mix methanol in with the ethanol making it unpure. I'm not sure this is such a bad thing(the methnol would evaporate as well) but I'm just looking for somthing thats not going to kill me, and I dont have drinking W-D on my list of things to do in life.

Anyone know any good sources for ethanol or any SAFE methods of good extraction, like solvents.

Thanks,
CSC

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

OfflineShroomzilla
enthusiast

Loc: Texas, home of the longho...
    #269665 - 03/11/01 12:38 PM (23 years, 1 month ago)

You can get methanol in quart cans at Homer Depo in the paint section...but its gonna have lots of shit in it you don't wanna have left as a residue. The cleanest extraction is done with butane as it will evaporate off leaving no residue....just whatever came out of the plant matter. NOW....I know butane is the shit for making hash oil from herb, but I've never tried it with mushies...always been happy to powder them and swallow a few capsules.

Making a butane extractor is very easy, all you need is a bit of copper pipe, two end caps, and a can of butane [lighter refill or camp stove fuel]. One hole in the top cap for butane to go through, several holes in the bottom cap [or use a screen] for the juice to run out. Put a pyrex bowl under the pipe to collect the goods. There are plans for these "butane ectractors" all over the net if you want to see one. Most ppl seem to use PVC pipe, but copper or stainless steel would be much better as you wouldn't have all the dissolved chlorides that are gonna come out of the PVC.

Patty Poacher

Re: Using 'Heet' to extract compounds [Re: Shroomzilla]
    #269885 - 03/11/01 08:13 PM (23 years, 1 month ago)

so with the butane oil extraction, would I have to let the liquid sit for a little while to extract all of the good stuff or just pour through? Also is the stove fuel PURE butane? I'm just dont want to ingest any kind of lubricants or harsh oils or somthin, i'm not a car :)

I would use the everclear pure ethanol, but i'm not 21 and you need a permit to buy ethanol, or you get taxed up the ass.

I was just thinking I saw the Zippo fluid had some patrollium butanes in them and I dont know if they'd be the best to ingest.

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Patty Poacher

#269888 - 03/11/01 08:18 PM (23 years, 1 month ago)

PS-

ODing on Listerine didnt look to good either. Do you think the Methyl Salicylates would evaporate or be left behind, because those symptoms were the ones that were bad.

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

OfflineMNmyc
enthusiast

Loc: MN
    #270051 - 03/12/01 12:19 AM (23 years, 1 month ago)

that methyl thing is wintergreen oil, check that out more... That's all I know. Maybe a non-mint variety would have what you want without having the wintergreen oil.

Help... I'm typing and I can't shut-up!

--------------------
Life is what happens while you're making other plans...

Patty Poacher

Re: Using 'Heet' to extract compounds [Re: MNmyc]
    #270240 - 03/12/01 10:42 AM (23 years, 1 month ago)

are there any store brand, PURE extracting chemicals like butane? I can only find the RONSON butane fuel for re-fillable lighters but it's in kind of an aresol so i cant use it.

Thanks

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

OfflineThe Mad Hatter
addict
    #270434 - 03/12/01 04:45 PM (23 years, 1 month ago)

The aerosol butane will work fine. Butane is gaseous at room temperature regardless of whether it's in an aerosol can or not. You won't be able to pour it.

Patty Poacher

Re: Using 'Heet' to extract compounds [Re: The Mad Hatter]
    #270628 - 03/12/01 11:11 PM (23 years, 1 month ago)

so how would i incorperate the lighter re-filler with an extraction, the other method sounds good and through but then again, pure chemicals, i'm not able to obtain lab/consumable quality chemicals it's just not in my reach, if anyone wants to pm me feel free i'm interested

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

OfflineMNmyc
enthusiast

#270698 - 03/13/01 01:25 AM (23 years, 1 month ago)

Damn! I knew orange juice was good for somethin'!

--------------------

OfflineMNmyc
enthusiast

#270699 - 03/13/01 01:28 AM (23 years, 1 month ago)

THINK THINK THINK. My grandpa used to take me to the still to show me how to make 'pure' stuff. Most of everyone's problems today stem from thinking that you can't do these things on your own. It really only takes some carbos and patience. Talk nice to Nanna and she might show you something about cultures cookbook style... I don't even go to the store to buy yeast for bread.

--------------------

OfflineMNmyc
enthusiast

#270700 - 03/13/01 01:30 AM (23 years, 1 month ago)

must bow out now... I sense a misguided youth...

--------------------

OfflineShroomzilla
enthusiast

Loc: Texas, home of the longho...
    #270707 - 03/13/01 02:07 AM (23 years, 1 month ago)

RE: how to use lighter refill Butane

It gets sprayed down through the hole in the top of the tube, very simple. The hole should be the exact size of the can's filler nozzle to make a tight seal, this forces it to stay liquid longer and come out the bottom of the tube. Butane boils at about 32 deg F, which is why lighters don't work well in the winter unless they are warned up first. It immediately boils off to a gas as soon as it is released from pressure into an temp above freezing. Having your copper tube+shrooms in the freezer for a while will make things work much better, yet another reason NOT to use PVC. The super cold pipe will keep the butane liquid till it comes out the bottom, making the extraction more complete. The can of butane can be "frozen" as well...it won't actually freeze solid...just be colder.

My pet monkey's neighbor has seen this done [with herb] down in a chest type deepfreeze. The hole in the bottom of the tube was sealed with a little brass valve [radiator stopcock] so the crushed up herd could "soak" in the solvent for several minutes. Big note!! Freezer was in a open garage with plenty of ventilation, freezer was unpluged before butane release...you no want any chance of sparks when it starts to boil off!

Here is a mildly pathetic copy of the "instructions" over at Erowid, this is a working description but they omit what kind of valve you need to use the camp fuel cylinder. I haven't seen these sold separate, but I've "heard" you can buy the cheapest Coleman butane lantern and extract its valve.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_info13.shtml

Patty Poacher

Re: Using 'Heet' to extract compounds [Re: Shroomzilla]
    #270858 - 03/13/01 10:25 AM (23 years, 1 month ago)

thanks, yeah i know you can distill pure ether from many solvents but i'm no chemist, i'll try some more research

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

Patty Poacher

#271596 - 03/14/01 10:08 AM (23 years, 1 month ago)

ya know, zippo lighter fluid

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

OfflineRxwoman
Loc: the great plains, USA.
    #272460 - 03/15/01 02:50 PM (23 years, 1 month ago)

Hello,
I wouldn't use the Heat for extracting. However if Methanol alcohol would work, try contacting a supplier of auto racing equipment.
I also was looking for methanol, not for extraction, but for the making of 'biodiesel' from used vegetable oil. I found an auto racing supplier and he was willing to sell me methanol alcohol for $2.00 a gallon (which is about what I have been told is the going price for gallon or two amounts).
Check your phone book under automobile, and then find the racing category, and make some phone calls.
Good luck. Rxwoman.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale