Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMizzJazzy
The Loved andLoathed

Loc: Florida, USA
Salvia div. ( What should I expect?)
    #2698424 - 05/18/04 07:52 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Tonight I'm planning to smoke some salvia for the first time. :bong:

I know that I will be doing it alone in a dark room with a candle or two... and I plan to put my mind in meditation mode.

What are the physical effects of smoking salvia?

Thanks! :biggrin:

~Tanya~

--------------------
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."  -Humprey Bogart

:fire: "Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?" :fire:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Salvia div. ( What should I expect?) [Re: MizzJazzy]
    #2698601 - 05/18/04 08:33 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Physical effects ehh..

No more physical world... Are u smokin dry leaf or extract?

OfflineMizzJazzy
The Loved andLoathed

Re: Salvia div. ( What should I expect?) [Re: Legoulash]
    #2698617 - 05/18/04 08:39 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Very cool way of explaining it, Magic...

Bought a lil' of both, but I'd like to start with the leaf, I think...

:flowers:
~Tanya~

--------------------
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."  -Humprey Bogart

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

#2698703 - 05/18/04 09:12 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Be prepared for anything. It may be a trip to the other side, or it may be nothing at all. There is no telling. Happy trails.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

Anonymous

#2698735 - 05/18/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Two physical sensations I have when smoking leaf are tingling up my back, sometimes intense like pins and needles and a not necessarily negative, but indescribable body buzz

OfflineGrovesk8ter
honestyopenmindednesswillingness
 User Gallery

Loc: Langley, B.C
Re: Salvia div. ( What should I expect?) [Re: Organic]
    #2698745 - 05/18/04 09:31 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

its intense

--------------------
"Much madness is divinest sense"
Dickinson, Emily

Offlinemad_hatter
tumbling dice

Loc: NY,NY
    #2698760 - 05/18/04 09:35 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i've recently done it for the first time. i would prepare your self for a very intense ride

OfflineLoverOfMana
Hmm

#2698842 - 05/18/04 10:02 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

You may want to consider having, a sitter of some sort. It can get very strange, when you lose all concept of self, and forget where you are, whats going on, etc. It can be fun, but don't underestimate that stuff. Depending on how well you smoke it(its all about how you smoke it)you can go places you didn't expect. I find it to be completely different from mushrooms. Good Luck! :laugh:

--------------------
"Prohibition goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #2700069 - 05/19/04 06:12 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Salvia's powerful. Some amazing set and setting though, and you'll have a great time. But it doesnt neccissarily just lend itself to tripping, like say shrooms. I'd advise you to consider nature, a sitter, or a really trippy movie. The sitter because I personally found myself just kinda crazily rearranging the clothes on my floor till my sitter noticed... nature because indoors seems strange and alien alot of times, and the movie because with the right motivation, you could see some intresting visuals if you were properly motivated... oh, and have a question for god ready, because if this works, you'll be meeting him pretty quickly after you exhale.

Anonymous

#2700123 - 05/19/04 07:04 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

when i first smoked it, it was like holy fucking SHIT! it was like there was wind blowing me to the side, like only one side of my body was buzzing the other half wasnt, and it felt like i was being pushed by like a wind or something. it was just leaves, no extract. it dont last that long, it was nuts though. like tingly.

my friend laughed his fucking ass off for like 10 minutes straight, he was crying he laughed so much. everybody is different, i couldnt even stand barely lol.

some people leave their bodies, i never have, i asked 2dope for some of his potent extract, but i really have nothing to trade him, id really like to get some 20x or something and take 1 rip of that and see if i can talk to my spirit guide. Cuz man, one time i smoked about 4 packed ass water pipes of just leaves and i did not leave my body, shit just got distorted and shit seemed to be connected at points, like everything in the room and me was connected, it was just wierd, but fuck that i want to leave body, i see no other reason to do salvia.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#2700232 - 05/19/04 08:08 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

hwo did it go?

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: MizzJazzy]
    #2701113 - 05/19/04 11:55 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineMizzJazzy
The Loved andLoathed

Re: Salvia div. ( What should I expect?) [Re: redgreenvines]
    #2701165 - 05/19/04 12:06 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Oh my gawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwd!

That stuff was CRAZY!!!! :eek:

I totally felt what Kotton is talking about... (I have to laugh about it now.) I was sitting on my couch, had Mickey Hart's Planet Drum way loud, and the room nearly pitch black. I smoke a lil' bit from my bubbler, and all of the sudden, I feel like some unusual force was pushing me to one side, and, eventually, I felt like I was being pushed from all sides and my torso (though it didn't really feel like MY torso, lol) was going around and around and around!  I had to put the bubbler down (I'll be using a cheap-ass bong for my future salvia trips!!!)  because I kept feeling like it was spilling and about to drop, though I'm not sure it really was.

I eventually got to the point where I felt that I was opn a plane somewhat above my body.... very cool, but my mind wasn't sure what to do once I was there. heh!

I said :bye: to my body, and just went with it.

Another awesome effect I noticed but didn't know how to describe until my friend helped me out........  On the occasions when I opened my eyes, everything I looked at seemed to be 2-D. :eyemouth: I looked at my treadmill, and it looked like a construction paper cut-out from Southpark or something! lol 

I was, like, "Whoa."  :whoa:

As Organic mentioned, it was a crazy "body buzz" that didn't even feel like it could be MY body. Now I understand why everyone has always had a difficult time describing it!

I unfortunately woke up today with some severly congested lungs and a dizzy, almost off-balance feeling disposition. Is this normal?

I almost wonder if I smoked too much? Is that possible? Or smoked it wrong???? heh.... just a newbie in the world of smoking salvia for herself, here! heh!):confused:

This sitter thing sounds good... but I'm a pretty big loser here in the town of Sarasota. Just lost my only friend to alcohol (he's alive, just living in a bottle, so to say.) Anyone wanna volunteer to help me out, lol.

One thing about salvia... it made me want to get up and dance. But I was afraid that I would fall over... (afterall, that damn wind was blowin' me down, right???? lol)  Would I have fallen over?

I'll definitely be smoking salvia again...
Do you get "better" at it each time?

Thanks for all the info, advice, and stories.... much appreciated! 5 shrooms all around! :smile:

~Fluffhead Tanya~

--------------------

OfflineMizzJazzy
The Loved andLoathed

Re: Salvia div. ( What should I expect?) [Re: ]
    #2701215 - 05/19/04 12:21 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Hey bf6...

Stuck to the leaf....  maybe the extract next time....
What's the "best" way to smoke the extract?

PLease, everyone, post everything you know!  I'm a lonely lil' gal here with a lack of local friends to ask about this stuff.

Thanks so much! :flowers:
~Tanya~

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#2702210 - 05/19/04 04:17 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I think you got great results.
not too much refinement required.
cultivating the sense of wonder/astonishment
the freshness of it
is where it's at for me.

are you a painter?
if so do you think you will be painting from this new inspirational framework?

Offlinemad_hatter
tumbling dice

#2702233 - 05/19/04 04:24 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

smoke the extract in a pipe with a high heat butane torch. to get the full effect salvia has turn be burned very hot. oh and also have somone make sure you dont drop the pipe cus the  effects are almost instant. and this time with the extract i eould recomend a sitter. much more powerful trip then with just the leaves. good luck  :thumbup:

Offlinemad_hatter
tumbling dice

#2702234 - 05/19/04 04:24 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

smoke the extract in a pipe with a high heat butane torch. to get the full effect salvia has turn be burned very hot. oh and also have somone make sure you dont drop the pipe cus the  effects are almost instant. and this time with the extract i eould recomend a sitter. much more powerful trip then with just the leaves. good luck  :thumbup:

Offlinemad_hatter
tumbling dice

Re: Salvia div. ( What should I expect?) [Re: mad_hatter]
    #2702238 - 05/19/04 04:25 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

opps sorry my bad  :crazy:

OfflineMizzJazzy
The Loved andLoathed

Re: Salvia div. ( What should I expect?) [Re: mad_hatter]
    #2702644 - 05/19/04 06:40 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Redvine... YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS... I will most definitely be painting these experiences and visions. In fact, that was one of the many things that came to mind as I saw some crazyyyy visuals, particularly with my eyes closed. Some amzing images, clear as day come to my mind right now, like they were burned there last night. I'm so totally inspired.

Right on, Mad... funnily enough, I just happened to use one of my butane lighters with my bubbler last night! :grin:  And yeah, I think what stressed me out the most was holding onto that damn pipe, lol. I hope I find someone I can do this with soon!

How many "grams" or "parts of grams" does a person usually smoke in one sitting?

Thanks again everyone!
~Tanya~

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#2702876 - 05/19/04 07:49 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

hot not
bad hippie village lore tales say you need a torch for vaporization.
use torch only if you have trouble burning plain leaf
if you have no trouble forget torches.
high temp vaporization is not a great idea, you just want to get it lifted from the leaf into the air and then your lungs.
low temp butane is fine.
especially if using 5x or 10x.
if you had 10x - depending on size etc. 1/30th to 1/10th of a gram
twice that for 5x
10x that for plain leaf. (i.e. a third to a full gram of plain leaf.)
some need more.(?)
you did well just get a simpler pipe.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom