Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblemind.at.large
Myconerd

Loc: Floating in liquid gardens
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: starbones] * 1
    #26986720 - 10/15/20 09:54 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I've had many wonderful 1 gram trips. It's probably my dosage of choice nowadays for when I want to do stuff like take my dog to the beach, go to a show (what are those???), or just cuddle with my partner. It brings a certain warmness and glow to everything that I just absolutely love. No, I don't get thrown down the chasm of psychedelic amazement, but that's because that's not what I'm looking for in that moment. 1 gram trips are only underwhelming if you're looking for something way deeper.

I've also noticed that I have become more sensitive to drugs as I've gotten older. I'm definitely not the kind of person to "keep up" on a wild drug night. Coke, molly, or even weed edibles get me so fucked up beyond what it seems most people get, but hey I look at that as a plus! I do not indulge in the crazy nights that much anymore, but usually for me, it only takes a little.

Question for all y'all taking huge 14 g doses. What is your intention behind doing that much? Is it more of a spiritual trip or recreational? Obviously nothing wrong with either of those. I get pretty annoyed at people who think mushrooms are only for deep spiritual guidance and can't just enjoy the giggles and weird colors. I love me some good weird shroomy fun, but just wondering what y'alls reason for eating so much is.

Also, it seems like we've only been talking about dosages of weak cubensis. 1 gram of Pans, or cyans, or azzies, or even certain PE will get me pretty damn trippy. Plus, the most intense trip I ever took was 20 g fresh of pans.... talk about crazy

--------------------
Mind's Easy Bag 2 Bag Grain Transfers

Endless Sub Tek

...the doll's trying to kill me and the toaster's been laughing at me...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: Saul Ptamets]
    #26986775 - 10/15/20 10:26 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Saul Ptamets said:
Quote:

Nonagon Infinity said:
I agree that 1 dried gram of cubensis can be a little underwhelming, but I think for a beginner, it's better safe than sorry. Obviously, most people are going to be okay even if they have a really negative experience, but I just think it's safer to ease into psychedelics than it is to start swimming close to the deep end. Personally, the risks don't outweigh the benefits of taking a large dosage for a first trip for me.

This answer right here

I have been saying this!

--------------------

Offlinekarri0n
Mind Traveller
Male User Gallery

Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #26986892 - 10/15/20 11:35 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:
I have been saying this!

Pretty much you and everyone else except the "5g minimum" troll are of basically this opinion, maybe a tiny bit less caution

--------------------

Panaeolus Bisporus

Edited by karri0n (10/15/20 11:36 AM)

Offlinemintyfresh
Stranger
Female

Loc: texas
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: karri0n]
    #26987867 - 10/16/20 01:32 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I must have a crazy low tolerance. I did 1g of JMF Saturday that I had just dehydrated that day and it was intense for me. I was told to grind it into a powder and squeeze lemon juice on it and shoot it with oj. That's what I did.

After about 30min it hit me and it was almost like being in a fun house. After about 2 hours I was just extremely blissful and feeling really frisky lol.

My boyfriend however, did the exact same thing and said it had no affect on him. He is about 3 times my size though, so maybe that has something to do with it?. Idk.

I see all of these recommendations to do 3g etc. I don't think I could handle it. Will I build up a tolerance and need more at some point?

OfflineNonagon Infinity
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Loc: Polygondwanaland
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: mintyfresh]
    #26987879 - 10/16/20 01:40 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mintyfresh said:
I must have a crazy low tolerance. I did 1g of JMF Saturday that I had just dehydrated that day and it was intense for me. I was told to grind it into a powder and squeeze lemon juice on it and shoot it with oj. That's what I did.

After about 30min it hit me and it was almost like being in a fun house. After about 2 hours I was just extremely blissful and feeling really frisky lol.

My boyfriend however, did the exact same thing and said it had no affect on him. He is about 3 times my size though, so maybe that has something to do with it?. Idk.

I see all of these recommendations to do 3g etc. I don't think I could handle it. Will I build up a tolerance and need more at some point?

Could have also been a multispore batch of mushrooms, which vary widely in potency. Maybe there was one fruit in your 1 gram dosage that was packed with psilocybin and your boyfriend got a weaker selection.

--------------------
Nonagon Infinity Opens the Door

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: Cracka_X]
    #26987927 - 10/16/20 04:36 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Some of you in this thread are absolute champions with your dosages!

My recent high score is 6g dry (last trip was 12/21/19).

--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." — Confucius

Offlinemintyfresh
Stranger
Female

Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: Nonagon Infinity]
    #26988213 - 10/16/20 10:50 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I'm new to all of this. I don't know what 1 fruit would mean? I ground myself up one large shroom that weighed 1.13g dried - stem and cap. I ground up 3 smaller shrooms totaling 1.09 - stems and caps.

Offlinenektar61S
Into SporePlay
Female Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: Cube Satellite
    #26988249 - 10/16/20 11:18 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I've done an ounce of fresh. lol.

I think an ounce of dry would kill me.

--------------------
-NEW? Start here.

OfflineNonagon Infinity
Mycologist
 User Gallery

#26988282 - 10/16/20 11:36 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mintyfresh said:
I'm new to all of this. I don't know what 1 fruit would mean? I ground myself up one large shroom that weighed 1.13g dried - stem and cap. I ground up 3 smaller shrooms totaling 1.09 - stems and caps.

1 fruit = 1 stem and cap.

There's probably someone who could explain this better than me, but here you go: there are many different ways of growing mushrooms. When it comes to creating spawn, there are, broadly speaking, two categories: multispore and clones. Multispore batches are started by providing spawn with many different spores, and every spore has different genetics. Every fruit produced by a multispore batch can be assumed to have different genetics. Clones are, well, clones. You can expect every fruit in a batch spawned from a clone culture to have the same genetics (though, the fruits themselves will still vary due to access to water, substrate, light, etc).

Psilocybin (the psychedelic compound found in mushrooms) production is, at least partially, a consequence of genetics (For example, B+ and Penis Envy are two different phenotypes [or strains] of the same species [p. Cubensis], but Penis Envy produce far more psilocybin by mass than B+ do). Therefore, when you harvest mushrooms from a multispore batch, there is a high chance that each fruit will vary in potency. What I was trying to explain to you in my previous comment was that, if these particular mushrooms you and your boyfriend ate were harvested from a multispore batch, there's a good chance that they will vary in potency, which could also have been a factor in the difference in experience between you two. Maybe the one mushroom that you ate was really strong while the ones that your boyfriend ate were weak.

Hope that helps clear it up!

--------------------

Offlinemintyfresh
Stranger
Female

#26988373 - 10/16/20 12:37 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

That makes so much sense. Thank you. I'm going to assume my shroom was more potent. It was the fastest growing and largest one out of anything that grew. I wish I would have saved some of the spores from it. Oh well. Maybe larger doesn't necessarily mean better but it was impressive -to me at least.

Also, I assumed everyone here when they discuss how large of a dose, that it was always dried. Is that not the case?

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: mintyfresh] * 1
    #26988486 - 10/16/20 01:40 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Usually dried, yes.

To avoid these potency variations between single mushrooms, just grind all mushrooms to a fine powder and mix it evenly. This homogenizes the potency.

Then just take your doses from this powder.

-

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: mintyfresh] * 1
    #26988511 - 10/16/20 01:52 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

He's 3 times your size you say? I need to see this chubby bear for scientific research.:smirk:

--------------------

OfflineNonagon Infinity
Mycologist
 User Gallery

#26988608 - 10/16/20 02:45 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mintyfresh said:
That makes so much sense. Thank you. I'm going to assume my shroom was more potent. It was the fastest growing and largest one out of anything that grew. I wish I would have saved some of the spores from it. Oh well. Maybe larger doesn't necessarily mean better but it was impressive -to me at least.

Indeed, larger doesn't necessarily mean more potent.

As Pandemoon suggested, grinding the dried mushrooms into a powder will homogenize for potency, so that can help when you're planning on taking mushrooms with a group.

Quote:

mintyfresh said:
Also, I assumed everyone here when they discuss how large of a dose, that it was always dried. Is that not the case?

Yeah, most of the time people take dried mushrooms. One of the main reasons people prefer dried mushrooms is just for long-term storage. Fresh mushrooms will start rotting after a week or so, but dried mushrooms can be stored for a year or more sometimes before decreasing in quality. Another benefit of using dried mushrooms is that you can grind them up into a powder easily.

Fresh mushrooms are just as good as dried ones as far as the psychedelic experience goes, but you have to weigh your dosage differently. When dried, you remove most of the water (obviously), so it's worth noting that fresh mushrooms are approximately 90% water by mass. Therefore, when eating fresh mushrooms, you want to multiply the dry weight by 10. I.e., if you took 2.5 dried grams, you would need to take about 25 grams of fresh mushrooms for the same experience.

--------------------

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pacific North West Flag
    #26988820 - 10/16/20 04:35 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

ill have to find the article for you but some people archeologist found 2,000-year-old dried mushrooms that were preserved amazing and they didnt lose any psilocybin at all

Offlinemintyfresh
Stranger
Female

#26988968 - 10/16/20 06:18 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:
He's 3 times your size you say? I need to see this chubby bear for scientific research.:smirk:

Haha. What can I say, I like a big guy :P I'm pretty small and he's pretty big - he's at least a foot taller than I am.

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

#26990930 - 10/18/20 02:09 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I'm with you, loves me some chubs! Welcome mintyfresh. You ever of a guy/band called "Minty"? There's a song called useless man that's pretty dope.

--------------------

Offlinestarbones
I'm an alien, I eat uranium.
I'm a teapot

#27001295 - 10/24/20 01:48 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Did it again the other night. Well over this time but under two ounces for sure. I'm starting to think there might be an upper limit on how hard you can trip.

Filled a stainless steel bowl I usually use for popcorn with a bunch of fruits from different varities. Popped a few baclofen and started munching for awhile washing them down with Mikes Hard.

They started kicking in and I figure I had only ate 10 grams by then so I do what I usually do and went for a shower in the dark. I put on some clean clothes and went into the bedroom. I have a nice big TV in there and I like to trip while watching music videos and listening to tunes on Youtube. Started munching again by the handful and washing them down with a few more Mikes Hard.

Couple things here.
Zero anxiety, absolutely none but that's normal.
Insane dry mouth after smoking a joint, way worse than normal.
Had to pop an antihistamine and use two inhalers as I was getting congested as hell.
Huge surges of sweat even with the window open in a Canadian fall. Hair was soaked and so was my shirt.
Insane bodyload and I can't describe the contorting, shaking and gesturing I was doing to music. I put on Nutmeg by Infected Mushroom and I swear my fingers were typing on some intergalactic keyboard at the speed of light.
Something that felt like full body orgasms causing me to tense everything and sprawl then get up and do it again. Very pleasurable.
I started having this weird trip about not knowing for sure if I cultivate mushrooms or not. Questioning if those memories are real while simultaneously having memories cultivating when I know I wasn't. Very odd.
A strong sensation for a little while of the world moving forward and backwards with the movement of my hand. It felt like I could actually feel motion like I had momentum.
Had to piss a lot. A lot.
Felt like I came up with a complete story for the coverart of the two wizards for the "Nutmeg" song by Infected Mushroom on youtube.
Visuals were no longer closed eye but I was spacing out so I guess that's the same as being closed eye. Extremely colorful bizarre patterns. Never get that kinda stuff usually.
Auditory orgasms for days. Psytrance made me dance but oddly enough Pink Floyd felt irksome to me which is not my usual.
Felt like I had four different faces rolled into one when I looked in the mirror but I also knew it was just because my hair was messy and I was making a face.
Couldn't understand the plain english the woman was speaking in the song "Genetic Lottery" by Astrix and Loud.
Thighs, knees and calves hurt like a bitch but I get that alot and I see it's common.
Woman joined me in bed after work and said I was sweating so bad she thought I pissed myself.
Says I woke up mid afternoon from a deep sleep making buzzing sounds then fell back asleep.
Had the worst case of mushroom poop the next day.
Memory of that night seems crystal clear which is not normal for me.

I've tripped hard before and that was easily the hardest but it wasn't unbearable and it feels like I might have experienced diminishing returns. Perhaps there is only so many receptors to bind to and once you're maxed anything over and above that is wasted. I do not know.

I really enjoyed it though and it's a place I'd like to go again.
Mushrooms really have a powerful anti-anxiety effect on me and I believe that's why I don't experience bad trips. Even when I think of something sad like a lost love and a tear or two starts to fall it's not bad and I can change that like changing a TV channel. Perhaps from cognitive behavioral therapy.

--------------------
Listen, I'm steel fisted with the iron lung
Heavy metal ballads out the guitar where lions run.

OfflineTryptamine Palace
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: starbones]
    #27001321 - 10/24/20 02:07 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I ate 10 grams of cubes, had two strong tabs of acid, 50mg of 2cb (25mg then 25mg like 8hrs later) and 0,15g of mdma crystal. Then when I became so called concious after tripping for 36 hours, I vaped 25mg of dmt and had the most beautiful and life changing experience. Usually dmt lasts for 20min, I got out of a completely breakthrough experience after 1,5 hours. Was completely in another universe for that time and Ive never seen such visual beauty and I could write so much about that experience... It just completely changed me in so many postive ways. Maybe Ill create a topic about it, since I think it was quite unique and beautiful trip, with extremely postive and deeply healing, life changing effects.

OfflineMessiah of Savants
Shaman
 User Gallery

Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: starbones]
    #27001959 - 10/24/20 10:45 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I've now crossed the ounce threshold twice now in the last few weeks. 30g and 32g. Double dosing after 2 hours in. The next thing I want to try is up to an ounce at one dosing.

Quote:

starbones said:
Did it again the other night. Well over this time but under two ounces for sure. I'm starting to think there might be an upper limit on how hard you can trip.

Filled a stainless steel bowl I usually use for popcorn with a bunch of fruits from different varities. Popped a few baclofen and started munching for awhile washing them down with Mikes Hard.

They started kicking in and I figure I had only ate 10 grams by then so I do what I usually do and went for a shower in the dark. I put on some clean clothes and went into the bedroom. I have a nice big TV in there and I like to trip while watching music videos and listening to tunes on Youtube. Started munching again by the handful and washing them down with a few more Mikes Hard.

Couple things here.
Zero anxiety, absolutely none but that's normal.
Insane dry mouth after smoking a joint, way worse than normal.
Had to pop an antihistamine and use two inhalers as I was getting congested as hell.
Huge surges of sweat even with the window open in a Canadian fall. Hair was soaked and so was my shirt.
Insane bodyload and I can't describe the contorting, shaking and gesturing I was doing to music. I put on Nutmeg by Infected Mushroom and I swear my fingers were typing on some intergalactic keyboard at the speed of light.
Something that felt like full body orgasms causing me to tense everything and sprawl then get up and do it again. Very pleasurable.
I started having this weird trip about not knowing for sure if I cultivate mushrooms or not. Questioning if those memories are real while simultaneously having memories cultivating when I know I wasn't. Very odd.
A strong sensation for a little while of the world moving forward and backwards with the movement of my hand. It felt like I could actually feel motion like I had momentum.
Had to piss a lot. A lot.
Felt like I came up with a complete story for the coverart of the two wizards for the "Nutmeg" song by Infected Mushroom on youtube.
Visuals were no longer closed eye but I was spacing out so I guess that's the same as being closed eye. Extremely colorful bizarre patterns. Never get that kinda stuff usually.
Auditory orgasms for days. Psytrance made me dance but oddly enough Pink Floyd felt irksome to me which is not my usual.
Felt like I had four different faces rolled into one when I looked in the mirror but I also knew it was just because my hair was messy and I was making a face.
Couldn't understand the plain english the woman was speaking in the song "Genetic Lottery" by Astrix and Loud.
Thighs, knees and calves hurt like a bitch but I get that alot and I see it's common.
Woman joined me in bed after work and said I was sweating so bad she thought I pissed myself.
Says I woke up mid afternoon from a deep sleep making buzzing sounds then fell back asleep.
Had the worst case of mushroom poop the next day.
Memory of that night seems crystal clear which is not normal for me.

I've tripped hard before and that was easily the hardest but it wasn't unbearable and it feels like I might have experienced diminishing returns. Perhaps there is only so many receptors to bind to and once you're maxed anything over and above that is wasted. I do not know.

I really enjoyed it though and it's a place I'd like to go again.
Mushrooms really have a powerful anti-anxiety effect on me and I believe that's why I don't experience bad trips. Even when I think of something sad like a lost love and a tear or two starts to fall it's not bad and I can change that like changing a TV channel. Perhaps from cognitive behavioral therapy.

That's insane to eat that much. Even eating 10g when I use to eat mushrooms instead of tea made my stomach turn the whole night. I couldn't imagine stuffing over an ounce down my throat.

When I have tripped over an ounce I have to pee like crazy as well. It's literally insane. I must go to the bathroom well over 20 times in 6 hours. Probably closer to 30 times. I will go to the bathroom and pee, then go back to laying down and immediately feel like I have to pee again. That's the worst part of the whole trip for me. I have to drink lots of water or I feel like I'm constantly dry heave peeing.

My neck sometimes begins to hurt a lot towards the end as well and pressure in my head sometimes. Major sweating as well. I start really stinking of mushroom tea and I can smell it coming out my pores. With smaller doses I usually have a hard time falling asleep at the end of the trip. On large doses, it can be exhausting and I can usually pass out right away and sleep for 12-16 hours.

I've also never had a bad trip. Ever. I've tripped probably approaching 200 times over the years.

I never really get any visuals and it kind of sucks. Nothing like what a lot of people report when they trip, or like my girlfriend. She can sometimes get really crazy visuals. She's done up to 20g double dosing. She hardly yawns and I yawn like crazy. Pretty interesting how different our "normal" experiences are.

I've been wondering about the "diminishing returns" as well. I definitely feel like I'm tripping the hardest I've ever tripped, yet it feels like I need more and more to get just a little bit harder of a trip.

Edited by Messiah of Savants (10/24/20 10:53 PM)

InvisibleprettyMushy
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Who has dosed one oz of shrooms here? [Re: Messiah of Savants]
    #27003715 - 10/25/20 09:31 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah i dosed an ounce at the peak of an acid trip. it was the most amazing thing ever. I was at a festival and made 3 ounces of shroom tea and put it in 3 different water bottles. all 3 of us that tripped got a bottle with an OZ in it.

to be honest it was kinda hard to finish. my stomach was swirling in knots by the time i got to the last 20%

the visuals were insane though

--------------------
Anything posted from this account is made up for the entertainment of others, this account is a complete work of fiction. Its not illegal to get bored and make up stories, authors do it all the time.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract