Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineJizzMasterZero
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Many Portlanders Aren’t Waiting [Re: LosTresOjos]
    #26983275 - 10/13/20 12:08 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LosTresOjos said:
The whole concept of white privilege is simple: if you have ever got pulled over by a cop and thought,"I might die right now" vs oh look a cop, a friend.

So you’re saying that based on statistics regarding police brutality. Fair enough, one is too many. But how many black people got killed by cops in the past two years? I bet it’s less than the number of blacks killed by other blacks in the past two weeks in Chicago alone. Based on your thinking and actual statistics, people of all races including blacks should be be very wary of black people. Maybe black people should fear other black people more than the cops, even though Lebron would disagree for some reason. Let’s not forget he chooses to live in a rich and mostly white neighborhood and probably has an armed private security service.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Many Portlanders Aren’t Waiting [Re: Fractal420]
    #26986597 - 10/15/20 08:12 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

There's a big difference between being annoyed by police encounters or scared of getting a ticket/jailed for knowingly breaking the law vs. fearing for your life while doing nothing wrong or being targeted/harassed by LEO because of the color of your skin or what neighborhood you live in.

How often have you been near a cop with a joint on your possession and thought you might end up dead because of it?

And then of course there's what happens after an arrest, that's where the real systemic racism because obvious and undeniable and the effect of the justice system goes well beyond any impact it has on the defendant and reverberates through the entire population they come from as it draws resources and earning potential away from them.

The problem isn't so much how the general population feels about it as much as it is cops are trained to both focus their efforts on low income and minority populations and to at the same time fear them. At best cops are scared of black men, they often go into the encounter with the mindset that they may need to defend their life and at worst are prejudiced against minorities before even becoming cops.

Just look at how LEO agencies around the country have cozied up to right-wing militia groups.

Edited by Holybullshit (10/15/20 08:36 AM)

InvisibleHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: Many Portlanders Aren’t Waiting [Re: JizzMasterZero]
    #26986602 - 10/15/20 08:22 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

JizzMasterZero said:
Quote:

LosTresOjos said:
The whole concept of white privilege is simple: if you have ever got pulled over by a cop and thought,"I might die right now" vs oh look a cop, a friend.

So you’re saying that based on statistics regarding police brutality. Fair enough, one is too many. But how many black people got killed by cops in the past two years? I bet it’s less than the number of blacks killed by other blacks in the past two weeks in Chicago alone. Based on your thinking and actual statistics, people of all races including blacks should be be very wary of black people. Maybe black people should fear other black people more than the cops, even though Lebron would disagree for some reason. Let’s not forget he chooses to live in a rich and mostly white neighborhood and probably has an armed private security service.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make...because criminals commit murder its OK for cops to kill people too? Black on black violence is not a justification for cops to unjustly and unnecessarily use violence and deadly force where it isn't warranted.

But what you are describing is more of a socioeconomic issue rather than having anything to do with race. And the way in which we police said communities only continues to make the problem worse by siphoning money and men out of those communities.

And the most important distinction you are either failing to see or purposefully omitting is the power police wield and the fact that they aren't being held accountable for their actions and the fact that they often handle minorities indiscriminately.

Plus, it's not like gangbangers are just killing people at random, sure there might be some amount of home invasions or people caught in the crossfire but for the most part the killings you are referencing occur between two parties both involved in lives of crime or participating in the drug trade.

Most importantly, you can't police your way out of problems caused by poverty and only policies which reduce the burden on said populations, decrease economic equality, give access to quality education, and provide opportunities for upward economic mobility can solve them.

This is what systemic racism is all about...the system itself is holding these populations down no matter how people feel personally.

Policing said communities as if they are an occupied enemy territory, rather than playing an active and supportive role in them, makes things worse not better.

Edited by Holybullshit (10/15/20 08:38 AM)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Many Portlanders Aren’t Waiting [Re: Holybullshit]
    #26992699 - 10/19/20 10:48 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Holybullshit said:
There's a big difference between being annoyed by police encounters or scared of getting a ticket/jailed for knowingly breaking the law vs. fearing for your life while doing nothing wrong or being targeted/harassed by LEO because of the color of your skin or what neighborhood you live in.

How often have you been near a cop with a joint on your possession and thought you might end up dead because of it?

And then of course there's what happens after an arrest, that's where the real systemic racism because obvious and undeniable and the effect of the justice system goes well beyond any impact it has on the defendant and reverberates through the entire population they come from as it draws resources and earning potential away from them.

The problem isn't so much how the general population feels about it as much as it is cops are trained to both focus their efforts on low income and minority populations and to at the same time fear them. At best cops are scared of black men, they often go into the encounter with the mindset that they may need to defend their life and at worst are prejudiced against minorities before even becoming cops.

Just look at how LEO agencies around the country have cozied up to right-wing militia groups.

I actually have thought a cop bust could kill me, I think it all the time, it’s too personal to get into but trust me it’s not just black people and it’s also not just gun violence. Don’t forget all the cops out there giving people K and god knows what lately. But yeah I’ve spent all sorts of bs time, spent months very stressed due to the felony threat and I still remember the cell and fighting that felony, trust me no privilege there, you pay a good lawyer, you walk. You don’t, you’re fucked. In most cases. Yes racial bias is there and it’s systemic, but there are also biases towards other people. I never felt human when a cop looked at me as just some druggie. They didn’t wanna “help” me on a human level. In their eyes I was subhuman. If I died I don’t think it would matter.

I don’t think the police cares about any lives but “blue”. Also I think drug users have it worse than any minority group. So further infighting is like LGBT that is fighting over their race too

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (10/19/20 10:54 AM)

Offlinesonoramo
Contaminant
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, baby! Flag
    #26994195 - 10/20/20 09:15 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:

I actually have thought a cop bust could kill me, I think it all the time, it’s too personal to get into but trust me it’s not just black people and it’s also not just gun violence. Don’t forget all the cops out there giving people K and god knows what lately. But yeah I’ve spent all sorts of bs time, spent months very stressed due to the felony threat and I still remember the cell and fighting that felony, trust me no privilege there, you pay a good lawyer, you walk. You don’t, you’re fucked. In most cases. Yes racial bias is there and it’s systemic, but there are also biases towards other people. I never felt human when a cop looked at me as just some druggie. They didn’t wanna “help” me on a human level. In their eyes I was subhuman. If I died I don’t think it would matter.

I don’t think the police cares about any lives but “blue”. Also I think drug users have it worse than any minority group. So further infighting is like LGBT that is fighting over their race too

Just to point out a few things:

• "not just black people" Of course that has to be true. There's plenty of reason all around to redesign how we implement community policing for everybody. Systemic racism is about relative incidence of abusive behavior.
  • "you pay a good lawyer,..." That's an example of privilege.
  • "but there are also biases..." Bias is a statistical measure. Your personal experience (sample of 1) can't confirm or refute bias. Even if your personal experience is extreme and painful.
  • "biases toward other people" are probably based not on your being part of an "other" relative to the cop but precisely because you are part of the cop's "tribe."
  • "police [don't] care about any lives but blue..." In a twisted way, the cop expresses his love for you by kicking the living :poop: out of you. He is channeling the Stern Papa with a switch in his hand that he grew up with.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Many Portlanders Aren’t Waiting [Re: sonoramo]
    #26995604 - 10/21/20 01:11 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah what if you don’t have money to pay the damn lawyer? What if you’re just a 21 year old that made a mistake? What if you don’t have 3,500 or whatever the fee is. Oh and lawyers WILL tell you you will go to jail without their help. White or black

Quote:

biases toward other people" are probably based not on your being part of an "other" relative to the cop but precisely because you are part of the cop's "tribe."

What? What tribe? Who considers cops part of their tribe? There are no cops in my area that share my ethnic background. Not sure what that’s supposed to mean

Honestly, I don’t even know with some of that “list”. Sure, there is only one group that has PTSD from cops. You got people on here telling horror stories but you take the color of their skin into account. That is racist. And racism doesn’t just go one way. And it’s annoying seeing so many people being brainwashed In this way

Even fellow stoners and psychonauts

Remember that old saying- can’t we all just get a bong? PS there is no love when a cop kicks you - lmao

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (10/21/20 01:22 AM)

Offlinesonoramo
Contaminant
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, baby! Flag
    #26996020 - 10/21/20 09:40 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:
Yeah what if you don’t have money to pay the damn lawyer?...

What? What tribe? Who considers cops part of their tribe? There are no cops in my area that share my ethnic background. Not sure what that’s supposed to mean

Honestly, I don’t even know with some of that “list”. Sure, there is only one group that has PTSD from cops. You got people on here telling horror stories but you take the color of their skin into account. That is racist. And racism doesn’t just go one way. And it’s annoying seeing so many people being brainwashed In this way

Even fellow stoners and psychonauts

Remember that old saying- can’t we all just get a bong? PS there is no love when a cop kicks you - lmao

Like HAL9000 said, "Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over."

• "Privilege" is when you do have money or access to it to pay a lawyer.
  • Whether you think the cop is part of your tribe isn't the question. What matters is whether the cop thinks you are part of his tribe, and he treats you in a certain way because of it.
  • Sure, racism doesn't just go one way. And when one self-identified group has more power, guns and money than others, the damage done by racism goes mostly one way.
  • People who are drawn to authoritarian versions of "love" are disproportionately drawn to careers like policing. Again, this isn't whether you feel love where he kicks you; it's about the perverted way he's acting out love the way he learned it.

:peace:

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Many Portlanders Aren’t Waiting [Re: sonoramo]
    #26996040 - 10/21/20 09:52 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I honestly am not upset at all, this is what tells me you are likely just fucking around

:shrug:

I asked, what the fuck is a tribe to a cop

So if you have money For the lawyer that’s privilege. You gotta be dirt broke. Or, which is it? Just not white?

I feel like All of these convos are dancing around racism

Anyway, just post some shrooms, this is the shitty part of the site

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (10/21/20 09:59 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom