Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pacific North West Flag
I NEED AN ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION * 1
    #26985950 - 10/14/20 08:13 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

How do mushrooms grow outside when there are plenty of contams all around and no sterility? but if there is any of it in my tubs then everything is fucked.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTheStallionMang
Do U know who yur fuckin with?
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: I NEED AN ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION [Re: Saul Ptamets]
    #26985991 - 10/14/20 08:41 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Saul Ptamets said:
mushrooms grow outside when there are plenty of contams all around and no sterility?

Because this is true...

but this part is not...
Quote:

Saul Ptamets said:
if there is any of it in my tubs then everything is fucked.

I hate to open the argument about not tossing shit as soon as contams show up but there ya go

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Interdimensional Bootcamp
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I NEED AN ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION [Re: TheStallionMang] * 2
    #26986018 - 10/14/20 09:00 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

When considering scale, yields are orders of magnitude greater in culture compared to nature as conditions are ideal and competition is reduced.  In nature, the competition is huge and ideal conditions are rare.  Cultural conditions will benefit competitive contams as much as the desired fungus and thus provide them with a greater opportunity to thrive and outcompete the desired fungus should they be introduced.  Essentially, shit grows in natural, unsterile, competitive environments, but the success rate is nothing compared to what we can achieve in a controlled, clean, low competition environment....it’s deceiving as it’s hard to fathom the size of nature’s tub.

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Re: I NEED AN ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION [Re: Mycolorado]
    #26986053 - 10/14/20 09:23 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mycolorado said:
When considering scale, yields are orders of magnitude greater in culture compared to nature as conditions are ideal and competition is reduced.  In nature, the competition is huge and ideal conditions are rare.  Cultural conditions will benefit competitive contams as much as the desired fungus and thus provide them with a greater opportunity to thrive and outcompete the desired fungus should they be introduced.  Essentially, shit grows in natural, unsterile, competitive environments, but the success rate is nothing compared to what we can achieve in a controlled, clean, low competition environment....it’s deceiving as it’s hard to fathom the size of nature’s tub.

so I should just imagine the area is just a huge tub and its all about chances?

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26986075 - 10/14/20 09:35 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

More or less.  Chance that the mushrooms’s vegetative state is outcompeting other organisms at the point in time when ideal conditions for fruiting are met.

OfflinePearl
Stranger

Re: I NEED AN ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION [Re: Mycolorado] * 1
    #26987313 - 10/15/20 03:40 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Exactly. Imagine the whole world is a tub of sorts, with no work done to bolster the chances for the mushrooms we want.

Think of how few places these guys grow, let alone thrive, and then compare that to the size of where they don't.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #26987346 - 10/15/20 04:01 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Well said Mycolorado. :justastonishing:

With nature, its all about ideal conditions. If the conditions are ideal, cubenis will thrive outdoors even with lots of competing infections all around. Its because the cubenis mycelium outcompetes other micro-organisms that are trying to eat the food that the cubenis wants (typically manure). When conditions are not ideal for cubenis, another species of mushrooms or fungus will take over.

When growing indoors, you are reducing the competition artificially to just cubenis (or other active species) and therefore you get these tubs with crazy yields for example.

Its all about the control of conditions in both outdoor and indoor grows. Just with outdoor grows, you are not concerned about infections (cause its impossible to control) and more concerned about making ideal conditions for growth/fruiting.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Re: I NEED AN ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #26987809 - 10/16/20 12:20 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

ok so can u answer this for me. If I use lets say a 1:3 ratio vs a 1:6 ratio, is the only thing that changes the time it takes to colonize or is the yield affected from it too. 

Also, how does a contam even get in the colonizing sub then if my coir and grains are pretty contam resistant? I had 2 tubs recently that had trich in the same exact spots but my others were perfectly fine. Where does the contam take place, in the grains or during colonization. My coir is steralized good btw

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I NEED AN ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION [Re: Saul Ptamets] * 1
    #26987822 - 10/16/20 12:34 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

If you have a small amount of surviving bacteria in the grain it won’t necessarily smell bad, or even look blatantly wrong. That small amount of bacteria can sometimes inhibit the recovery of the mushroom mycelium and that lag in recovery gives mold a foothold to germinate. It can take some time to learn to spot sneaky bacteria and often it’s not fatal to the grow. But it does pull yields down and makes for lacklustre performance.

Offlinemeowjinx
Stranger
Male
    #26987907 - 10/16/20 03:12 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mycolorado said:

^ This

It's like a modern farmer asking why he needs fertilizer, irrigation, and biocides when hunter-gatherers in ancient times would just forage for food

Offlinepolaritymind
relaxed attention
I'm a teapot

Loc: Germany Flag
Re: I NEED AN ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION [Re: TheStallionMang]
    #26987957 - 10/16/20 05:27 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TheStallionMang said:
Quote:

Saul Ptamets said:
mushrooms grow outside when there are plenty of contams all around and no sterility?

Because this is true...

but this part is not...
Quote:

Saul Ptamets said:
if there is any of it in my tubs then everything is fucked.

I hate to open the argument about not tossing shit as soon as contams show up but there ya go

haha nice. yeah im with ya here, thats a tough one to open

--------------------
"to affirm life is to also affirm death"
-Albert hofmann

Offlinepolaritymind
relaxed attention
I'm a teapot

Loc: Germany Flag
Re: I NEED AN ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION [Re: polaritymind]
    #26987963 - 10/16/20 05:40 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

But yeah about the contam question. I always wondered why we even need to bucket pasteurize coir, since so many people I know use it for soil, where its also wet for long periods of time, if not constantly, but never contams.

I had the. following idea. Exoenyzmes. Mushrooms digest nutrients not by taking them up into themselves, and then bringin them into contact with digeative enzymes as we do. Instead they secrete the enymes and then take up the digested food (eg cellullose->sugars). That means that the mushrooms actually make the coir more prone to contam, because its suddenly not just cellulose but sugars. If the mushroom isnt strong enough to quickly take up the sugars or grow fast enough over them, a random mold spore that in regular coir would never have anything to live on all of the sudden finds itself some nutes.

But yeah as the previous posters said, hidden bacteria weakening mycelium is a big one. Also I once heard not all bacteria are killed through PCing (only 99% maybe) and the chance for bacteria coming in through air filters in the jars is also there. I especially see this with my woodlover jars which stand around half uncolonized much longer since they colonize slower and its cold and I dont like to excessively heat my room, rather put on another sweater. But since the jars are standing around for a month or two, the chance of a comtam getting in through the filter is higher, and my jars are a bit bacterial. Usually Id throw that away, but with woodlovers Id hope that they can outcompete once I spawn to wood, since bacteria dont really like wood. Its like the cardboard instead of agar thing.

--------------------
"to affirm life is to also affirm death"
-Albert hofmann

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Re: I NEED AN ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION [Re: polaritymind]
    #26989020 - 10/16/20 07:01 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

yea ive had jars that i pced well and I left them for a month and they all got black mold besides one. So if what you guys said is true, does that mean I should just let jars colonize for a longer time to really make sure the mold gets taken over? or can I just do nothing about.

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26989061 - 10/16/20 07:38 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

No, you don’t want mold in any stage of the process.  If your uninoculated jars are molding over that quickly, there’s something wrong with your lids, filters or sterilization.  Care to give a rundown on your jar setup, grain prep and sterilization?

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

#26990249 - 10/17/20 03:32 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mycolorado said:
No, you don’t want mold in any stage of the process.  If your uninoculated jars are molding over that quickly, there’s something wrong with your lids, filters or sterilization.  Care to give a rundown on your jar setup, grain prep and sterilization?

yessir

My jar setup is one 1/2 inch hole where I put my injector port which I switch out after every jar is done, then I have 3 rly small holes across from the injector that are filtered by https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PZWZJJ4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I cut another 1/2 inch hole in the filter so the injector can fit in the jar correctly. I put tin foil over the lid and use rubber bands to secure but somehow still will get water on the lid the majority of the time.

I use docs wild bird seed tek https://mycotopia.net/topic/5852-docs-wild-bird-seed-tek/ ;

Some batches I will accidently pop a lot of seeds and I'm curious as to if that affects the colonization or not. An answer to that would really help. usually it occurs from me boiling a little too long.

The room I put the jars does not have good fae but it does have amazing light.

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26990326 - 10/17/20 04:34 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

The port would be my hunch as far as where the integrity is being compromised, as it’s not a permanent fixture in the lid.  Pretty sure most people rtd the ports in so they’re good for multiple uses.  Another  thought would be to cut and rtd your sfd’s over the small holes as opposed to putting the whole thing under the lid, if I read that correctly.  Also, if you’re shooting grains with spore solution, that’s a gamble all in itself.

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

#26990664 - 10/17/20 08:49 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Another  thought would be to cut and rtd your sfd’s over the small holes as opposed to putting the whole thing under the lid, if I read that correctly.  Also, if you’re shooting grains with spore solution, that’s a gamble all in itself.

What do you mean by cut and rtd your sfd? and the jars that all contamed i didnt inject with solution, I just left them sitting in a room for a month

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #26990728 - 10/17/20 09:33 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Cut the synthetic filter disks down to small pieces that can be fit over the gas exchange holes and glued down with rtv silicone. Sorry, I said rtd early.  The grains shouldn’t be molding if they’re sterilized and sealed in so I’m guessing there may be leaks around the port or somewhere else on your lid setup.  You might try one-piece plastic lids.  If your lids are not the issue, the grain may not be getting properly sterilized.  Some pics would help.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags