Home | Community | Message Board

Old Faithful Seed Bank
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, DXM, Silica Gel, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMorphinTime
Tulpa
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Angel Grove
Re: Great Amanita Heist - 2020 [Re: lowbrow]
    #26988254 - 10/16/20 12:21 PM (5 days, 16 hours ago)

I bought an ounce of dried amanita muscaria around 10 years ago to experiment.  I ate a third of them right off the bat and waited for 2 hours without noticing much effect, and then recklessly ate the other two thirds hoping to get something going.

It was interesting, but a little weird. Not in a negative way, just not particularly great.  Like many I mostly felt drunk and there wasn't too much about the experience that I found trippy.  They did make me feel tired and the physical sensation of yawning was orgasmic. I probably wouldn't eat a bunch recreationally but considering that I get bouts of insomnia I can't write them off as a sleep aide.

Now that was the only time I ate them to try and have a drug experience, but since then I have eaten amanita muscaria many times, simply because they are so delicious. If I see one on a hike it goes in my bag, lots of pines where I live so they grow all over my area.  I parboil them for a bit then sautee slices of the cap in butter.  I think they are the best mushroom I have ever tasted. I usually only eat one or two caps and don't usually notice any effects, and I prepare them the same way every time.

I definitely would recommend a taste of a fresh one if you can 100% verify the mushroom is amanita muscaria. I'm not interested in trying to have a drug experience with them anymore at all, but they are a tasty treat and I will eat them when I can.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmi... Flag
Re: Great Amanita Heist - 2020 [Re: MorphinTime]
    #26988588 - 10/16/20 03:37 PM (5 days, 13 hours ago)

I don't know if I would recommend eating them fresh as they're toxic that way (not sure why this recommendation keeps popping up on the shroomery of all places lol)... but I agree they taste really fucking good, I cooked some over a campfire once and it was heavenly :awesome:

--------------------

¿Check out some art m8?

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: Great Amanita Heist - 2020 [Re: twighead]
    #26989262 - 10/16/20 11:30 PM (5 days, 5 hours ago)

Questionable and risky information removed

--------------------

Edited by mndfreeze (10/17/20 06:10 AM)

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmi... Flag
Re: Great Amanita Heist - 2020 [Re: lavod]
    #26989324 - 10/17/20 12:40 AM (5 days, 4 hours ago)

How is it a myth? Ibotenic acid is straight up neurotoxic and is used as a lesioning agent in neurology studies.

Muscimol is not. - The characteristics of Ibotenic Acid make it sound like a good drug - with its nmda receptor affinity but is it worth the damage?

--------------------

¿Check out some art m8?

OfflineYugambeh
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: England/Peak District
    #26989345 - 10/17/20 12:59 AM (5 days, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

twighead said:
How is it a myth? Ibotenic acid is straight up neurotoxic and is used as a lesioning agent in neurology studies.

Muscimol is not. - The characteristics of Ibotenic Acid make it sound like a good drug - with its nmda receptor affinity but is it worth the damage?

Quote:

lavod said:
Actually, I'd say that the recommendation to eat muscaria fresh is rather rare on the shroomery due to the prevalence ov the erroneous 'fresh muscaria is toxic' myth. That's okay, I understand the nobility ov harm reduction. If one wants to err on the side ov caution and forfeit the delectable and experientially superior nature ov fresh muscaria by drying them, then it is hir right to do so. But in that case I strongly recommend root ov ginger tea as dried muscaria tends to be more emetic IME(and I'm not alone in that assertion).

Ibotenic acid is neurotoxic!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibotenic_acid

A. Muscaria need to be decarboxylated.

/Y

--------------------
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.

Edited by Yugambeh (10/17/20 01:00 AM)

OfflineYugambeh
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: England/Peak District
Re: Great Amanita Heist - 2020 [Re: Yugambeh]
    #26989363 - 10/17/20 01:20 AM (5 days, 3 hours ago)

I dry Amanitas in a fan oven on 176F until cracker dry and store in a glass jar with desiccant silica gel.

I make tea: I heat water in the micro until it boils, powder down the Amanita in the hot water and let it cool down.

2-3g with syrian rue and cannabis is really nice, I just use the caps this year as last year I had to dose so much when I dried the whole mushroom.

I've experimented with Amanitas a lot and they are very different, I had a really deep and scary journey with them last year which I shared on DMT nexus, 35g.... I don't think I'll dose that high ever again:tongue:

Amanita Muscaria, I saw my birth and my death!
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=91739

Take it easy with A. Muscaria guys.

/Y

--------------------
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: Great Amanita Heist - 2020 [Re: twighead]
    #26989679 - 10/17/20 08:26 AM (4 days, 20 hours ago)

Quote:

twighead said:

It is a myth since ibotenic acid is mostly decarboxylated to muscimol by the stomach and liver. Eating fresh muscaria is not akin to injecting quantities ov ibotenic acid directly into cranial matter. The condemnation ov IA as a "brain-lesioning agent" is very similar to the branding ov dxm as the same, a result yielded in optimized conditions and slanted in delineation so as to discourage the psychotropic usage ov them.
I have eaten fresh muscaria many times, surely more than the majority on here have had any muscaria. In fact I have eaten fresh muscaria DIRECTLY IN FRONT OV several shroomerites. I stand by my assertions on the matter; it's not like I'm spewing misinformation with little or no actual experience. The good mushrooms are one ov four ov my favorite substances, and I value them more than the mushrooms psilocybe. I will speak ov them as I have experienced them, and I am not alone in my preference for them fresh.
Hopefully this post does'nt get wrongfully censored like my last one. I'm not making recommendations here, I'm just stating my experience. It's a shame that I'm not allowed to do such openly here when it goes against the established belief.

--------------------

OfflineStrict Hippy
Wanderer
Male

#26990870 - 10/18/20 01:27 AM (4 days, 3 hours ago)

Okay, so it seems like I need a fairly decent amount to make a tea from dried muscaria. I'm hearing a lot of positive feedback, but it seems like the metabolizing is similar to psilocybes but a lottt worse. Dosage seems to an issue too.  I'm starting slow for sure.

Edited by Strict Hippy (10/18/20 01:30 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, DXM, Silica Gel, Syrian Rue

Community >> The Pub