Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineComplexicated
Super Eyes Surprise
Male User Gallery

Am I addicted to phenibut? Insomnia...
    #26983146 - 10/13/20 10:40 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Some back story...

I've been taking kratom daily for about 5 years now. I take 2.5 grams 3 times a day. There have been days when I will not dose kratom to help with tolerance and on those days I'll take phenibut to help with any withdraw. I thought it helped with that but I didn't LOVE the way it made me feel like I've heard from others. Probably because I was dealing with some withdraw symptoms from the lack of kratom. Well earlier this year I decided to try phenibut WITH kratom and WOW, I love the combo. I would take about 1.5 grams in the morning on an empty stomach with my coffee and kratom and I'd feel amazing for the next two days. And on top  of that some of the best sleep I've ever experienced.

I know how addictive phenibut is so I decided to only take in twice a week MAX. I've been doing that for about the past 7 months but for the last two weeks I've been having insomnia on the nights before I'm planning on taking phenibut. I was wondering if it was the excitement of knowing I'm going to be taking it the next day that was keeping me awake. Kinda like Christmas Eve night. But last weekend I had insomnia the second day after taking phenibut which is very odd because I always crash for two straight nights after taking it. But on this night I got a whopping total of 30 mins of sleep :confused: I wasn't planning on taking phenibut for at least a few more days so I now know that it's not the excitement of taking it the next day that's causing the insomnia. I'm thinking it has to be withdraws? 

Btw I've always had mild insomnia. It's fairly normal for it to take me 45 mins to an hour to fall asleep. But this is the worst insomnia I've ever dealt with by far. The last two nights I've gone to bed around 9pm and haven't been able to fall asleep until 4 or 5am :sad:. I've gotten 4 hours sleep the last two nights which is half the amount of sleep I'm used to getting. But after getting only 30 mins a few nights ago I felt like the 4 hours was a blessing.

My question is, did I get addicted to phenibut taking it only once or twice a week? I don't feel any other withdraw symptoms whatsoever. Aside form the insomnia I feel great in general. I should also note that I usually take other substances on  the days I take phenibut. I always take kratom but sometimes I smoke a tiny bit of cannabis and may have a drink or two that night as well. Idk if that would make a difference but I felt like I should mention it.

Anyways, thanks for reading and I appreciate any advice you guys can give.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Onlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Am I addicted to phenibut? Insomnia... [Re: Complexicated]
    #26983171 - 10/13/20 10:57 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

You should try being sober for a while. A lot of us here have our vices, so no judgement from me, but if you can do it take a month or so off. It will answer a lot of the questions you are asking.

That said, sleep is good for heart health, brain health, and general quality of life. Insomnia is never healthy.

--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

I’m sorry it had to be me.

InvisibleShiithead
Your Huckleberry
Male User Gallery

Loc: God's Flat Green Earth
Re: Am I addicted to phenibut? Insomnia... [Re: christopera]
    #26983337 - 10/13/20 12:58 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

If it's sleep you're after, take melatonin. That shit works.

--------------------

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Hebrews 11:3
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Revelation 3:11
Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

OfflineKyngwhatt
presbyter
Other

Loc: The pharcyde Flag
    #26983483 - 10/13/20 02:33 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I take kratom all day everyday. does the phenibut really help with the wd like would it allow you to sleep?

--------------------

Whatt

OfflineGorlax
Male

Re: Am I addicted to phenibut? Insomnia... [Re: Kyngwhatt]
    #26983544 - 10/13/20 03:18 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Stay away from phenibut you’ll go into phenibut withdrawals and they suck worse then kratom wd. You’ll get brain zaps and feel like you have parkinson’s disease

OfflineKyngwhatt
presbyter
Other

Loc: The pharcyde Flag
Re: Am I addicted to phenibut? Insomnia... [Re: Gorlax]
    #26983604 - 10/13/20 03:58 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Good lookin' I will def not fuck with that. I've seen a few people have the zaps when they got off of SSRI drugs. hell nah..

--------------------

Whatt

OfflineComplexicated
Super Eyes Surprise
Male User Gallery

Re: Am I addicted to phenibut? Insomnia... [Re: Kyngwhatt]
    #26983663 - 10/13/20 04:40 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

christopera said:
You should try being sober for a while.

Yep I am planning on taking at least a couple weeks off from phenibut and you're right, that should answer the question one way or the other.

Quote:

Shiithead said:
If it's sleep you're after, take melatonin. That shit works.

I've been taking 5mg of melatonin for several years and it works relatively well for me usually but it's not doing the trick right now. I'm afraid I may have built a tolerance to melatonin supplements. I took melatonin and valerian root two nights ago and still didn't fall asleep until 4am. I just took .5mg of xanax an hour ago so that should get me a normal night sleep tonight.

Quote:

Kyngwhatt said:
I take kratom all day everyday. does the phenibut really help with the wd like would it allow you to sleep?

Yes it helps really well with kratom w/d and especially with lack of sleep which to me is the worst kratom w/d symptom. I've tried quitting kratom before and to me those w/d were way worse than what I'm dealing with right now. I'm hoping since I limited my phenibut use the w/d won't last as long or be as intense as it would be for a daily user. I'm sure those are quite nasty to deal with

OfflinePsion
Sage
    #26984287 - 10/13/20 11:10 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

one trick that always has worked for me to fall asleep is to daydream. i don't mean any kind of daydream either - if it has ANY relationship to real world ties at all, you run the risk of mundane worries, things like "how am i going to pay the bills" and "what should i do tommorrow", or "man my coworker pisses me off". things like this make you tense up with worry and anger, and what does this do? that's right, it makes you tense up. it stops you from relaxing and going to sleep.

so instead, daydream about the most ridiculously impossible dreams you can think of. be a wizard adventuring in a far off world. be a warrior saving the day. daydream of what it would be like being an animal running through a forest or flying through the air. be something else entirely, but make it creative and totally out there. if you can't think of anything... that's when it's time to start looking for inspiration, whether it's in a book, an anime, a movie, or whatever fun story floats your boat. be a part of that story. be a character in that story, or alongside them. live that story, or change it up as you want. heck, make different stories collide if you want. it's your daydream.

try to make it relaxing if you can. if your successful, the mental effort will be so taxing you will find yourself nodding off. since the goal IS to nod off, let it happen. :lol: success! you literally taxed your brain so hard you knocked yourself out. in a good way.

another handy exercise is to focus on each body part in turn, starting at either the head or the toes. feel each muscle group, tensing it deliberately, then relaxing it as much as possible. try to envision some form of relaxation too - for instance, perhaps imagine a soothing light coming down and wrapping around the part of your body in question, further relaxing and healing it, or picture warm water slowly rising to cover your body (a bit tricky if your lying down, since the water is rising sideways, but doable!), relaxing your body as it covers you.

take your time with it. you may find yourself losing focus and drifting off before the end. since you're just trying to fall asleep... don't beat yourself up if you do, since that's your end goal. XD once you master your ability to sleep easily, you can always work on mastering focus later.

InvisibleKelazam
All
I'm a teapot

#26984357 - 10/14/20 12:30 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

ohhh penibut... one hell of a DRUG. I've tied it. I've been addicted to it... It's amazing!!! BUTT.. BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Hear me out first. Hear mew out. It IS amzing, but... It is not at the same time.. It makes you feel like cloud 9.. It makes you feel like top shit and you can talk to ANYONE AND ANYTHING! BUT... the tolerance. the tolerance is the real kicker. You take 1 gram one day and the next you have to take 1.5 grams to feel the same effect. Not even shitting you, the tolerance on that drug "supplement" is CRAZY.. it's a good ONCE IN A WHILE DRUG.. like mdma(molly,mdma,ecstasy,lsd,shrooms) DO NOT TAKE IT EVERY DAY!!!! TRUST ME!! THE WITHDRAWL IS SOOOO BAD ITS JUST.. ITS HORRIBLE.....It's not a medication. It's recreational! Do it ONCE IN A WHILE!. TRUST ME I've learned this the hard way. It's fun, It's LEGAL!, it's social, it's a once in a while thing. DO NOT GET ADDICTED TO IT PLEASE!!!!.... Just do it once in a while on very special occasions when you are *ALONE!* not with people! But alone.. you're eyes will be dilated as fuck and you will act EXTREMELY high. Just do it alone or with a close person.

--------------------

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: Am I addicted to phenibut? Insomnia... [Re: Kelazam]
    #26984388 - 10/14/20 01:05 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

50-75mg x Doxylamine (Max dose - never take more than 75mg or other things happen that will make it even harder to sleep)
5 mg x Melatonin + 300mg GABA + Chamomile
5-20mg x Delta-8 (8-THC, plus CBN & CBDis best combo for sleep inducing)
300-600mg x Valerian Root Extract

All of the above can be pretty amazing for insomnia or anxiety etc etc.
Takes some trial and error to find which one works best alone or in combo
and the right dose and the right time to take it, etc etc. 
but it can definitely be worth it - and you won’t have to worry addiction so much with the list above.
They will help take the edge of and lull you or sedate you into sleep 😴.
Best of luck to you.  Kratom and/or Phenibut dependence can be very difficult & cruel,
I wish you a speedy recovery!

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

OfflineComplexicated
Super Eyes Surprise
Male User Gallery

Re: Am I addicted to phenibut? Insomnia... [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #26985524 - 10/14/20 04:42 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Psion said:
one trick that always has worked for me to fall asleep is to daydream. i don't mean any kind of daydream either - if it has ANY relationship to real world ties at all, you run the risk of mundane worries, things like "how am i going to pay the bills" and "what should i do tommorrow", or "man my coworker pisses me off". things like this make you tense up with worry and anger, and what does this do? that's right, it makes you tense up. it stops you from relaxing and going to sleep.

so instead, daydream about the most ridiculously impossible dreams you can think of. be a wizard adventuring in a far off world. be a warrior saving the day. daydream of what it would be like being an animal running through a forest or flying through the air. be something else entirely, but make it creative and totally out there. if you can't think of anything... that's when it's time to start looking for inspiration, whether it's in a book, an anime, a movie, or whatever fun story floats your boat. be a part of that story. be a character in that story, or alongside them. live that story, or change it up as you want. heck, make different stories collide if you want. it's your daydream.

try to make it relaxing if you can. if your successful, the mental effort will be so taxing you will find yourself nodding off. since the goal IS to nod off, let it happen. :lol: success! you literally taxed your brain so hard you knocked yourself out. in a good way.

I do this sometimes. I'm usually daydreaming about flying or slaughtering zombies in an apocalypse or something along those lines. It usually does the trick for normal insomnia but this particular insomnia is another beast! I don't think any mental tricks can come close to defeating it. But you have some good tips there for general insomnia.

Quote:

Kelazam said:
ohhh penibut... one hell of a DRUG. I've tied it. I've been addicted to it... It's amazing!!! BUTT.. BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Hear me out first. Hear mew out. It IS amzing, but... It is not at the same time.. It makes you feel like cloud 9.. It makes you feel like top shit and you can talk to ANYONE AND ANYTHING! BUT... the tolerance. the tolerance is the real kicker. You take 1 gram one day and the next you have to take 1.5 grams to feel the same effect. Not even shitting you, the tolerance on that drug "supplement" is CRAZY.. it's a good ONCE IN A WHILE DRUG.. like mdma(molly,mdma,ecstasy,lsd,shrooms) DO NOT TAKE IT EVERY DAY!!!! TRUST ME!! THE WITHDRAWL IS SOOOO BAD ITS JUST.. ITS HORRIBLE.....It's not a medication. It's recreational! Do it ONCE IN A WHILE!. TRUST ME I've learned this the hard way. It's fun, It's LEGAL!, it's social, it's a once in a while thing. DO NOT GET ADDICTED TO IT PLEASE!!!!.... Just do it once in a while on very special occasions when you are *ALONE!* not with people! But alone.. you're eyes will be dilated as fuck and you will act EXTREMELY high. Just do it alone or with a close person.

I respected it (or so I thought) from the beginning which is why I limited it to twice a week MAX. I never had a problem with tolerance since I wasn't taking it daily. It's crazy that someone can get physically addicted to something taking it so seldom. Is there any other drug that you can get addicted to taking it only twice a week?? I also never got dilated pupils or acted high. You'd never even know I was on anything at all. At most it would just look like I was in a good mood. I felt like it was powerful but subtle. If that makes sense...

Quote:

The Blind Ass said:
50-75mg x Doxylamine (Max dose - never take more than 75mg or other things happen that will make it even harder to sleep)
5 mg x Melatonin + 300mg GABA + Chamomile
5-20mg x Delta-8 (8-THC, plus CBN & CBDis best combo for sleep inducing)
300-600mg x Valerian Root Extract

All of the above can be pretty amazing for insomnia or anxiety etc etc.
Takes some trial and error to find which one works best alone or in combo
and the right dose and the right time to take it, etc etc. 
but it can definitely be worth it - and you won’t have to worry addiction so much with the list above.
They will help take the edge of and lull you or sedate you into sleep 😴.
Best of luck to you.  Kratom and/or Phenibut dependence can be very difficult & cruel,
I wish you a speedy recovery!

Thank you for the kind words and recommendations. I've never heard of some of the things in that list but I will def look into them. Are all of those OTC or are some prescription only? Unfortunately I think taking something, responsibly of course, is my only hope for sleep. The .5 xanax last night was a little disappointing. I got maybe 6 hours of decent sleep but I expected more. But honestly I feel really good overall. It's kind of strange. I've actually been in a better mood the past few days then I've been in a while. If I'm going through phenibut w/d it seems like I'd be irritable, depressed, anxious, etc. instead of just sleepless. Which is why I'm still not 100% that the phenibut is the cause. I just can't think of any other reason for it.

InvisibleDistorted Vision
The best. Of the worst.
Male

Loc: Indiana Flag
    #26989427 - 10/17/20 01:23 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Phenibut permanently ruined me. My anxiety was bad before but now it's crippling. This happened like... 4 years ago and it's not changed since.

--------------------

"Yo yo just here to spread my clit and show ya'll what a wonderful and free being we are all inside lets take the acid and turn inside into the outside come on over baby lets smell the roses ohh ohh come on we're about to get lit show my undies to your baby I'll hug it down three times go around frown come on we aint a nice clown kiss me upside down down down come on sorry if you cant handle my wokeness come on lets take her panties off write shroomery on my asshole and taste it lick it make if feel like we was 1978 come on baby lets do the locamotion"-Twig dude

OfflinePsion
Sage
Re: Am I addicted to phenibut? Insomnia... [Re: Distorted Vision] * 2
    #26989486 - 10/17/20 02:31 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Distorted Vision said:
Phenibut permanently ruined me. My anxiety was bad before but now it's crippling. This happened like... 4 years ago and it's not changed since.

i know it's difficult to hold on to hope when things don't seem to change for years, but it's important to remember that the mind is an incredibly flexible and powerful muscle if you keep at it.

the keyword here is that you're saying it permanently ruined you. that's a sign you've given up on yourself. don't do that. that's a lie. that's the voice of Discordia, blinding you to the power of your own inner strength, the ability to grow stronger, wiser, more powerful, no matter how old the mortal vessel you wander the realms gets. cultivate a growth mindset - like trees, you do not get weaker with age; you get stronger.

perhaps it might help you if you started a journal or some other form of documentation keeping track of your anxiety over time, while trying to cultivate this mindset. it doesn't matter what you try to do really to fight this anxiety - read books for inspiration or calming yourself, drawing pictures, meditation, walks in the park... trust your instincts! if one thing fails after you give it a really good go, try something else! if nothing else, you're having fun and trying new things, and learning new talents.

then, maybe months or years later, go back and check that journal. instead of simply making your normal entries of when the anxiety strikes, look it all over and see how it's changed over time. see if you've actually made any real progress toward stopping it.

assuming of course, your progress hasn't been so blindingly obvious that you no longer have need of documenting it. in which case, congrats. :P

this mindset has served me well over the two+ decades i've chanced upon it. it saved me from the throes of depression, from giving up on myself when all of society seemed to be against me, in the early 90s when learning you were gay in a heavily christian family was pretty much a sentence for excommunication.

i've never been much of a looker with my chonky body, my poor eyesight, my bad teeth and pigeon toes, and worse. :lol:. but i've slowly been striving for improving myself, and it shows. people always mistake me for a high schooler to young 20s at most, when im 35, and i'm slowly losing the weight. my depression is gone, and i'm no longer the awkward high schooler who was always afraid to talk to strangers, with nothing to say. i still have a lot to learn, and i still suck at getting to the point on forums (TL;DR PSION GAWD!), but that's ok... there's time for all that. and ill enjoy learning these things for the sheer fun of learning, not because i'm forced to for some school credit for a diploma.

The best. Of the worst.
Male

Re: Am I addicted to phenibut? Insomnia... [Re: Psion]
    #26990379 - 10/17/20 05:12 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Psion said:
Quote:

Distorted Vision said:

i know it's difficult to hold on to hope when things don't seem to change for years, but it's important to remember that the mind is an incredibly flexible and powerful muscle if you keep at it.

the keyword here is that you're saying it permanently ruined you. that's a sign you've given up on yourself. don't do that. that's a lie. that's the voice of Discordia, blinding you to the power of your own inner strength, the ability to grow stronger, wiser, more powerful, no matter how old the mortal vessel you wander the realms gets. cultivate a growth mindset - like trees, you do not get weaker with age; you get stronger.

perhaps it might help you if you started a journal or some other form of documentation keeping track of your anxiety over time, while trying to cultivate this mindset. it doesn't matter what you try to do really to fight this anxiety - read books for inspiration or calming yourself, drawing pictures, meditation, walks in the park... trust your instincts! if one thing fails after you give it a really good go, try something else! if nothing else, you're having fun and trying new things, and learning new talents.

then, maybe months or years later, go back and check that journal. instead of simply making your normal entries of when the anxiety strikes, look it all over and see how it's changed over time. see if you've actually made any real progress toward stopping it.

assuming of course, your progress hasn't been so blindingly obvious that you no longer have need of documenting it. in which case, congrats. :P

this mindset has served me well over the two+ decades i've chanced upon it. it saved me from the throes of depression, from giving up on myself when all of society seemed to be against me, in the early 90s when learning you were gay in a heavily christian family was pretty much a sentence for excommunication.

i've never been much of a looker with my chonky body, my poor eyesight, my bad teeth and pigeon toes, and worse. :lol:. but i've slowly been striving for improving myself, and it shows. people always mistake me for a high schooler to young 20s at most, when im 35, and i'm slowly losing the weight. my depression is gone, and i'm no longer the awkward high schooler who was always afraid to talk to strangers, with nothing to say. i still have a lot to learn, and i still suck at getting to the point on forums (TL;DR PSION GAWD!), but that's ok... there's time for all that. and ill enjoy learning these things for the sheer fun of learning, not because i'm forced to for some school credit for a diploma.

Thanks for that. It means a lot..

I've tried convincing myself that it's possible to change it. I've tried real hard to do better. But it wasn't a slow change. Something happened in my brain. Phenibut used to 100% get rid of my anxiety, until one day it did the COMPLETE opposite. Then literally 1/10th of a dose would make me a complete paranoid creature for a week or more. A dose so small that, before the damage, I would not feel it or notice it at all. Since then I've been extremely paranoid. I am holding my breath most the time now and can't breathe while trying to sleep. Can't eat much most the time because the tightness of my body just makes me want to puke, along with countless other anxiety symptoms.

:shrug: I really don't think it will go away. It's fine though. I did it to myself. I still try to manage my anxiety as best as I can, but even when it's "managed", it's shit.

I just want others to know that phenibut can permanently fuck your brain up and to be careful.

--------------------

"Yo yo just here to spread my clit and show ya'll what a wonderful and free being we are all inside lets take the acid and turn inside into the outside come on over baby lets smell the roses ohh ohh come on we're about to get lit show my undies to your baby I'll hug it down three times go around frown come on we aint a nice clown kiss me upside down down down come on sorry if you cant handle my wokeness come on lets take her panties off write shroomery on my asshole and taste it lick it make if feel like we was 1978 come on baby lets do the locamotion"-Twig dude

OfflinePsion
Sage
Re: Am I addicted to phenibut? Insomnia... [Re: Distorted Vision]
    #26990621 - 10/17/20 08:21 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

the holding of your breath is one of the first key issues you need to tackle, right there. your breath controls your emotions, to a great degree. force your breathing to change, and your emotions start to slowly change with it. force yourself to take slow, deep, relaxed breaths, and over time, your brain learns to force itself to relax as well.

i'm not going to say it's instant. it's like spanking a rabid monkey for bad behavior, and it feels helpless at first, but over time, it eventually starts to get the message, and responds quicker to your slaps, until you realize just the mere threat of thinking of breathing slow, easy breaths is enough to get it to calm down, till eventually you realize you're starting to breath that way all the time when you start to get aggravated without thinking about it.

the practice of meditation is the practice of meditation, not the mastery of meditation. it's something you don't master. it's something you just keep practicing and keep getting better at over time. it's an art. the fact you're even gaining any "management" of your anxiety is a key indication you're not permanently messed up. that's a sign of progress. people who are permanently fucked up do not learn to "manage" anxiety. you're learning to beat that monster down.

now it's time to teach it to roll over and play fetch.

InvisibleKelazam
All
I'm a teapot

#26990686 - 10/17/20 09:01 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

To anyone reading this, listen carefully *please* phenibut is a legal and very fun *supplement*/drug to take and it should be respected. It is HIGHLY addictive but can also yield some very positive outcomes if taken in the proper settings and in the right dose. You will have dialated pupils 100% and you won't feel like you're high but you will be. You will be so fucking high but you will deny it. Any anxiety about literally anything is gone, it's none existent. You are drunk as fuck except you don't feel drunk and your mind is fairly clear.. you don't wobble, you don't slur your words, you are just very open VERYYYYY open.. you can be to open sometimes... way to open. One time I.. Nvm.. Just.. Be careful if you take it and be responsible please! :smile:

--------------------

The best. Of the worst.
Male

Re: Am I addicted to phenibut? Insomnia... [Re: Psion]
    #26992204 - 10/19/20 01:14 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Psion said:
the holding of your breath is one of the first key issues you need to tackle, right there. your breath controls your emotions, to a great degree. force your breathing to change, and your emotions start to slowly change with it. force yourself to take slow, deep, relaxed breaths, and over time, your brain learns to force itself to relax as well.

i'm not going to say it's instant. it's like spanking a rabid monkey for bad behavior, and it feels helpless at first, but over time, it eventually starts to get the message, and responds quicker to your slaps, until you realize just the mere threat of thinking of breathing slow, easy breaths is enough to get it to calm down, till eventually you realize you're starting to breath that way all the time when you start to get aggravated without thinking about it.

the practice of meditation is the practice of meditation, not the mastery of meditation. it's something you don't master. it's something you just keep practicing and keep getting better at over time. it's an art. the fact you're even gaining any "management" of your anxiety is a key indication you're not permanently messed up. that's a sign of progress. people who are permanently fucked up do not learn to "manage" anxiety. you're learning to beat that monster down.

now it's time to teach it to roll over and play fetch.

You're calling me a liar and it's fine because you don't know what I go through daily. It's been several years that I've had to manage this. Right now I feel like I'm being choked and I'm scared. I practice breathing every day. I meditate almost daily too, maybe not as much as I should sometimes. My mind was fucked by phenibut, whether you want to believe it or not. There has been no progress over several years. It is a daily battle for it to not snap out of control.

It's very insulting/infuriating to me that people will never believe me. After the phenibut damage, I can't even drink the slightest amount of alcohol without my whole body clenching/spasming for days waking up not breathing, etc. Same with many other substances. It's not made up, my mind has changed.

--------------------

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: Am I addicted to phenibut? Insomnia... [Re: Distorted Vision]
    #26992208 - 10/19/20 01:21 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Distorted Vision said:
You're calling me a liar

I'm not sure why you think that; I don't see it at all.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

The best. Of the worst.
Male

Re: Am I addicted to phenibut? Insomnia... [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #26992227 - 10/19/20 02:19 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
Quote:

Distorted Vision said:
You're calling me a liar

I'm not sure why you think that; I don't see it at all.

Because he's acting like phenibut didn't change me and that this is just gonna go away. It won't. That's like telling someone that's schizophrenic that they're making it up and that it will disappear one day once they can actually realize that their mind is wrong.

He also tells me how he knows that it's not permanent because I can calm myself down a little bit. If a schizophrenic person can cope with their thoughts and hallucinations, it doesn't mean they're still not happening. It means they can deal with it happening.

--------------------

OfflinePsion
Sage
Re: Am I addicted to phenibut? Insomnia... [Re: Distorted Vision] * 3
    #26992247 - 10/19/20 03:25 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

nowhere do i mean to imply that you have been changed by your experiences with the drug - i cannot say one way or the other, not having taken it myself, what impacts it may cause on the mind. i am merely pointing out that you should not give up on yourself, that saying its permanently ruined you is rather premature when you haven't even died yet. your book is still yet to be fully written - you cannot say it's permanently ruined you when you still have potentially years, decades or more to go! still, that you are using the word changed instead of ruined now in your first post is a sign of hope to me - change is frightening, but not always terrible.

i thought my own life was helpless for years, that i was going to die alone, depressed, fat, and unwanted, that i was never going to be able to change myself. it felt like nothing was changing for the longest of times - from the time i was around 14 years old until the time i was almost 30! it wasn't until i finally started to get away from my shitty situation with my parents, started focusing on my own self and get away from listening to their criticisms that i finally started to realize that my environment was a big part of what was causing my situation, and i realized that i'd grown a huge ways from that pitiful self-image i had of myself as a youth. sometimes you simply don't see the forest for the trees - in the day to day routine, its very easy to miss the subtle growth and progression one makes. you have to take a big step back and get away from it all to actually see just how far you've come from where you started.

you cannot turn the clock back to the past. if you feel phenibut has changed you permanently, then i'm simply asking for you not to find a way to get back to what you were in the past, and re-frame the problem in a new way: "how can i make myself into a myself 2.0?" a new and improved self, even better than i was in the past?

if this is what you are already trying to accomplish, than that's all i can ask for, and i want to you know that i'm rooting for you - it's not easy, but the journey IS worth it in the end, and it is achievable.

Edited by Psion (10/19/20 03:32 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds