Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: vinnie boombotz]
    #26967005 - 10/03/20 06:20 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

vinnie boombotz said:
Would two highly senescenced different but closely related types of mycelium, say cubensis and ovoid, have a better chance of hybridizing because they know there at the end of the line?

they are not sentient so I would say no. different species don't hybridize well at all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineQayyn Eb-Ur
Vagabond
Male User Gallery

Loc: East of the valley
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: Munchauzen]
    #26980765 - 10/12/20 12:06 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Anyone ever used this nutrient search tool?

my understanding is that lots of the substrate/nutritional choices are based off of the assumption that sulfur and calcium are the high demand/essential nutrients; this would be why gypsum is added along with some others.
the tool does not allow for the selection of sulfur itself, but from what I can determine most of the nutritional sufur in foods is derived from methionine and cystine, so:
Foods highest in Calcium and Methionine and Cystine, and lowest in Total Fat and Starch and Protein (based on levels per 200-Calorie serving)

Now, whats interesting is that if you use the tool in certain ways you will consistently end up with dried tapioca pearls at the top. i found several, like, 10+ year old posts that mostly cite RR declaring that rice is generally unsuitable or less than ideal compared to other grains.

Question is: are we making an assumption that turns out false? why is rye the go-to over rice? is it simply the hulls? if its a packing/spacing issue then would the tapioca pearls work if i have access to them from the neaby asian market?

(the impetus to this question is that i dont have easy access to bulk amounts of rye and id like an alternative other than corn which sucks)

--------------------
If you see Lil'ktu then tell her I'm sorry.
Texas Climate and Soil Data

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: Qayyn Eb-Ur] * 1
    #26981089 - 10/12/20 08:45 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I think most of the concern over nutrition in grain is overstated. Grain size is pretty important and is ability to be properly hydrated is also important. Maybe corn has a bit too much sugar for my liking. But rye, wheat, millet are all good in my book. Brown rice is fine to as far as nutes go, lots of people growing on brown rice. Shit, brown rice is like 90% of Paul Stamets products.

OfflineQayyn Eb-Ur
Vagabond
Male User Gallery

Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #26983154 - 10/13/20 10:44 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
I think most of the concern over nutrition in grain is overstated. Grain size is pretty important and is ability to be properly hydrated is also important. Maybe corn has a bit too much sugar for my liking. But rye, wheat, millet are all good in my book. Brown rice is fine to as far as nutes go, lots of people growing on brown rice. Shit, brown rice is like 90% of Paul Stamets products.

Thanks. I guess I'll experiment with whatever grain i can find cheap then. im tired of the barley i have. its expensive and is too easy to overhydrate, doesnt break apart, very small size thus close-packs too densly (which i imagine is worse with brown rice?), and then still dries out in the jar leaving the tops consistently uncolonized. i dont get contams, but my jars are stalling like a mofo

--------------------

InvisibleBecky G. Spot
Good Necky Becky

Loc: The Sunny Side
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: Qayyn Eb-Ur]
    #26983165 - 10/13/20 10:53 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Wonderful thread idea, thanks MUNCH!

:heart:XOXOX:heart:

--------------------
- Becky G.

Ditch the double standards boys. Girls like to have fun as much as you do.

Sisters if you find yourself hating, read my bio.

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: Qayyn Eb-Ur] * 1
    #26983192 - 10/13/20 11:08 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Qayyn Eb-Ur said:
Quote:

Pastywhyte said:

Thanks. I guess I'll experiment with whatever grain i can find cheap then. im tired of the barley i have. its expensive and is too easy to overhydrate, doesnt break apart, very small size thus close-packs too densly (which i imagine is worse with brown rice?), and then still dries out in the jar leaving the tops consistently uncolonized. i dont get contams, but my jars are stalling like a mofo

Is the barley pearled? It’s hard to find whole barely. Pearled barley would definitely be hard to prep and keep from being a sticky mess. Brown rice is similar so if you don’t like barley, avoid brown rice.

Invisibletrippytimes
♡contamination queen♡
Female User Gallery

Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #26983740 - 10/13/20 05:19 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Can someone direct me to a shoebox method kind of a monotub. I'm growing pan cyabs. I don't have a martha  and only two qts Of spawn. Wanted to test the waters with this culture last time I had a mini martha that was trashed. I know how to spawn it and inject the water but there is not much info on monos.

--------------------

want more info on shrooms "click"

OfflineQayyn Eb-Ur
Vagabond
Male User Gallery

#26992317 - 10/19/20 05:33 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Quote:

Qayyn Eb-Ur said:
Quote:

Pastywhyte said:

Is the barley pearled? It’s hard to find whole barely. Pearled barley would definitely be hard to prep and keep from being a sticky mess. Brown rice is similar so if you don’t like barley, avoid brown rice.

Yes. it is pearled. i think im having a hell of a time finding regular ass grain. i called every feed store around here and they said all they have is racing formulations.
there is a brewers supply 45min away from me that sells a 50lb bag of rye for $87.00
i was really under the impression that i could find something more economical. smaller amounts from the grocery store are only barely more expensive, but come with the convienence of being able to buy only as much as i need at the time.
the pearled barley "works" but its definitely an uphill battle as you'd guess.

--------------------

Offlinepesa
Male User Gallery

Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: Qayyn Eb-Ur]
    #26993034 - 10/19/20 01:51 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

i got shiitake culture growing on millet, lets say i am in part of world where wheat bran is not available (along with many other things thank you covid 19)

1.what is best thing to supplement hardwood pellets?
2.can i go straight to hardwood pellets without using any supplement?

OfflineNOMADIC
Stillofsymon
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: pesa]
    #27106591 - 12/24/20 10:03 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Newb to agar. Where would you pull from on this plate? Still a bit fuzzy vertically. Would like to get as rhizo and close to mono before going to LI/grains.

Thanks

Offlinejcm4620
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: NOMADIC]
    #27106599 - 12/24/20 10:09 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

hell if it were me that playe would be goin to grain and id start getting ready to find some clones👍

--------------------
PANAEOLUS FRUITING MADE SIMPLE

OfflineNOMADIC
Stillofsymon
 User Gallery

Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: jcm4620]
    #27106621 - 12/24/20 10:20 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Word. Thanks.

Offlineverum subsequentis
seeker of truth
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: NOMADIC]
    #27106798 - 12/25/20 01:31 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

#MeToo
With a little disclaimer that it's hard to see into those containers in pics so.... shrug. Looks a tad strange from the side with all that poofing. Could be fine though.

Offlinejcm4620
Stranger
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #27106847 - 12/25/20 03:07 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

ya i saw that too but i think thats just the transfer puffy jump off type grow know what i mean kinda like this

keep in mind this is pan myc but it does the same thing.

heres about 24 hrs aftr taking from a barely germinating streak plate

then heres about the 48hr mark

heres another example but on a more grown out plate

u can see how its puffy at the transfer but thins out as it jumps off and onto the plate. now im fully aware you know exactly what im talkin about im just sayin that this is what i took that as is all

--------------------
PANAEOLUS FRUITING MADE SIMPLE

Edited by jcm4620 (12/25/20 03:10 AM)

Offlineverum subsequentis
seeker of truth
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: jcm4620]
    #27113844 - 12/29/20 09:45 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

I feel ya. Using pan myc for reference is a little sketch (as you noted) but i get your point. I just haven't seen it that extreme with cube myc very often. Could be fine though.

OfflineRunningboar026
Seeker of knowledge

Loc: Planet earth
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #27114533 - 12/29/20 04:05 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Does anyone have any experience with pholiotina cyanopus cultivation and if they've ever produced sclerotia?

OfflineNOMADIC
Stillofsymon
 User Gallery

#27115201 - 12/29/20 11:15 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

verum subsequentis said:
#MeToo
With a little disclaimer that it's hard to see into those containers in pics so.... shrug. Looks a tad strange from the side with all that poofing. Could be fine though.

It’s pretty poofy all the way out to the tips. I’ve since thrown it in the fridge due to lack of time and empty jars ATM. Make a transfer to be safe? The poofy stuff isn’t growing any faster than the rest but looks as if it’s riding on top of thy myc. Still completely white though and hasn’t sporulated.

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: Runningboar026]
    #27115259 - 12/30/20 12:16 AM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Runningboar026 said:
Does anyone have any experience with pholiotina cyanopus cultivation and if they've ever produced sclerotia?

Mine made bumps on agar i never did try fruit them i put them outdoors and i dont think i ever seen any pop up in the garden but the mycelium was neat

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

OfflineRunningboar026
Seeker of knowledge

Loc: Planet earth
Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: cronicr]
    #27126062 - 01/04/21 12:22 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

know of any other people that have played with cyanopus? I've been looking for more info on it but not to much comes up

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic

Re: Official Trusted Cultivator Q&A Thread - Anyone Can Ask, Only TCs Can Answer! [Re: Runningboar026]
    #27144820 - 01/12/21 11:02 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

Hi fam :hug:

Quick question. So I got this avery shoebox thats been pinning nicely for the fruit really doesn't what to mature. Well they grow super super low. Looks healthy tho:shrug:

My question is.. the surface keeps drying out to quick for my liking. Like after 8 hours at work I need to mist even with the lid on.

Would it be beneficial to do a "late casing" now or not?

Also is there anything else that could cause the dey surface like to low moisture content un the substrate for the start? Because even with the lid on and placed in my greenhouse with 95rh it dries out fast

--------------------
:sporedrop:Trade List:sporedrop:

LAGM2021

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates