Home | Community | Message Board

Old Faithful Seed Bank
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepsyca
Stranger
What is the highest dose of mushrooms (dry) you can take?
    #26980505 - 10/11/20 09:46 PM (15 days, 7 hours ago)

Hey guys. Does anyone know what the highest dose of mushrooms (dry) you can take before it becomes dangerous? What is the most dangerous thing that can happen?

And what happens the higher dose you take?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNortherner
FSM acolyte
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: What is the highest dose of mushrooms (dry) you can take? [Re: psyca] * 2
    #26980596 - 10/11/20 10:56 PM (15 days, 6 hours ago)

You can't eat enough to harm yourself physically. The sheer amount that you'd have to eat to harm your organs is impossible to stomach.

Your mind on the other hand is much more fragile. If you are 3g today, and then 5g tomorrow, then 8g the day after, and so on, it wouldn't take long before you were eating an ounce of dried shrooms to get a moderate buzz. Whereas if you ate an ounce right now it would probably be a traumatic experience, it would certainly leave you spinning for weeks and may even change you long term. The chances of a psychotic episode would be pretty high, derealization is a real thing.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Offlinepesa
Male User Gallery

Re: What is the highest dose of mushrooms (dry) you can take? [Re: psyca]
    #26980615 - 10/11/20 11:09 PM (15 days, 5 hours ago)

there is no such thing as dangerous amount, a fatal dose of marijuana would require ingestion of fifteen hundred pounds in fifteen minutes a physical impossibility for any human, same goes for shrooms its not going to kill you.

on higher dosage you get to see things beyond size of atoms it takes about 30g dry or 40g dry to hit that kind of trip and a lot practice because on 30g you can pass out very easily its some where between shroom land and passed out hard to describe is it good yes, should i attempt hell no till you get hold of 5g or 8g build up and reach to that level, otherwise you will be talking to walls and passing out.

InvisibleNickoloxious
Subthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #26980680 - 10/12/20 12:29 AM (15 days, 4 hours ago)

It depends on the person, the strength of their mental faculties, their overall physical and mental health, any previous experience with psychedelics and how they tend to react to them. Especially at high doses.

If you could stomach it. Even though you can technically consume over 100g dry up to just under a kilo, (apparently the equivalent of about 2kg dry for someone who weighs about 60kg could possibly be fatal though the stomach can’t hold that much at once), and come out the other side physically ok.

Without any built up tolerance, there's an inevitability for some extremely strong and unpredictable psychological effects. I imagine the potential for a psychotic episode would increase exponentially along with a dose that's past what's considered heroic for most recreational users. Even for a well adjusted person or a seasoned tripper. Hell I don't think there are many, if any hard core trippers on this site who would be willing to go that far. Its just reckless.

The most I've ever taken would've be the equivalent to about 20grams dry & as nice as it was I don't think I'd be willing to go back there any time soon.
:trippinballs:

--------------------

Edited by Nickoloxious (10/12/20 12:55 AM)

OfflineKorean Jesus
Kanye West 2020 🇺🇸
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Re: What is the highest dose of mushrooms (dry) you can take? [Re: Nickoloxious]
    #26980696 - 10/12/20 12:52 AM (15 days, 4 hours ago)

You're not gonna eat enough to kill you. Though, enough will certainly make you think you're dead

--------------------
:rastamon::getstoned::rastamon:

OfflineOutsideOfMyMind
LSD Administrator
 User Gallery

Re: What is the highest dose of mushrooms (dry) you can take? [Re: Korean Jesus]
    #26980742 - 10/12/20 01:45 AM (15 days, 3 hours ago)

Just start with one gram. If you like that then do one point five. If you like that then do 2 and so forth.

Depending on the genetics, I would do anywhere between 1.5 to 3.5.

A lot of people can go much higher than that but you shouldn't see it as a competition or anything. everyone's mind is different and these drugs are not simple like marijuana or cocaine.

Like other people have stated the more you do the higher chance you have of having a psychotic episode. The higher the dose also is when you start to sort of blackout and not really know what you are doing and you might walk outside and start wandering and then get the cops called on you and go to jail. You could freak out because it's just too strong. Some people have gone into seizures taking a dose that is too strong. You can become completely mind fucked.

InvisibleMindMeower
lawnmower for the brain
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: What is the highest dose of mushrooms (dry) you can take? [Re: OutsideOfMyMind]
    #26980788 - 10/12/20 02:53 AM (15 days, 2 hours ago)

I have not reached any mental limits though and I would love to try (much) higher amounts but my body will disagree, thermal regulation gets fucked and I have to cool myself externally or I'll feel incredibly bad and teeter on the verge of heat stroke. 8 grams with harmalas + cannabis has been the highest I have consumed so far.

My friends do not seem to get this sort of reaction on these same mushrooms and they have reached their mental limits too and don't need to take more.

--------------------
M(e)owing minds :mushroom2:

Offlinembrishke
Stranger
Re: What is the highest dose of mushrooms (dry) you can take? [Re: MindMeower]
    #26990858 - 10/18/20 01:54 AM (9 days, 3 hours ago)

I wouldn't go taking any huge doses man. Shrooms aren't like weed. You can be a danger to yourself if you over do it.

Personally I'm rather sensitive to drugs. 2.5g and I have a pretty good experience with visuals usually. Once I took 3 grams of what I thought were cubes. Turned out they were weilii(which are 2-3x stronger than cubes). I would say it was a level 3-4 trip. Which was slightly more than I was ready for at the time. It started off fantastic. Pictures in my house were moving, colors looked nicer etc. Me and some friends were watching a movie. All the sudden my vision was black and white which I'd never experienced or heard of before.ok, cool... Then my vision was as though I was seeing the world through one of those old school movie projectors(think of the flicker) ok I was still cool with this. Then my friend got up to go to the fridge, and he did the fucking pennywise walk. That's when it turned south. By the end I was convinced the universe was collapsing in on itself. It was a long night for my friends who had only done 1g and had to deal with me.

OfflineskOsH
was here way back in 07

Loc: the PNW
Re: What is the highest dose of mushrooms (dry) you can take? [Re: mbrishke]
    #26991331 - 10/18/20 01:20 PM (8 days, 15 hours ago)

For me, its above 12g dried

If I take more I will forget how to breathe and psych myself out and then get nauseous and get sick profusely

Although I think if I took pure psilocybin, I would be fine.

--------------------
I am usually wandering nature, smoking joints, and taking pictures of mushrooms. I don't care which ones, they're all fascinating to look at....especially when stoned, lol. Also I love nature. 2.13 years clean from alcohol, but I just can't kick the pills. Not yet. Working on it though...sort of. Sort of also not caring. In the middle of writing a song...it will never get finished because I am obsessed at trying to rhyme a jillion bars in a row with double/triple meanings throughout the song. It's about PTSD, TRD, being alone, coping with sanity, etc. Hopefully many people will benefit from listening to it. Aiming for ten verses!

Edited by skOsH (10/18/20 01:22 PM)

OfflinePrimalSoup
vote early - vote often
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #26991557 - 10/18/20 04:13 PM (8 days, 12 hours ago)

Quote:

psyca said:
What is the most dangerous thing that can happen?

You will black out, and depending on your surroundings that can be dangerous.  If you ate them dry and you black out and puke you could aspirate it and die. 

Don't go there, stick to half a gram and be safe. :laugh2:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Grain Prep  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience