Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: Hanging skeleton - controversial? [Re: SonicTitan]
    #26974325 - 10/07/20 06:47 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

People used to hang people as the death penalty all over the world throughout many countries.  It was the death penalty of choice.

Cultural hanging groups:  Pirates, murderers, traitors, criminals in general.

There's no racial aspect to this./

Just hang your skeleton.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestzacrack
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Hanging skeleton - controversial? [Re: SkagitHunter]
    #26974335 - 10/07/20 06:49 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Dont tie a noose then

Tie a running bowline or a double fisherman's knot

Offlinestzacrack
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Hanging skeleton - controversial? [Re: Asante]
    #26974340 - 10/07/20 06:51 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Quote:

SkagitHunter said:
My wife says I can’t hang a skeleton from our elm tree with a noose.

Dude, totally don't do that. You'll be "that guy" in your neighborhood.

Lynching imagery is a taboo.

Letting the skeleton ride a broomstick = bueno

Hanged skeleton = "long ago there were lynchings here"

Dont be that guy that puts up halloween decorations

You guys are out of touch, it's a halloween decoration that has nothing to do with racism

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB Flag
Re: Hanging skeleton - controversial? [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #26974353 - 10/07/20 06:56 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

The noose will always be a symbol in America.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

OfflineSugabearcrisp
Not Your Average Bear
Male User Gallery

Loc: maybe I had too much, too fast
Re: Hanging skeleton - controversial? [Re: Ahab McBathsalts] * 1
    #26974389 - 10/07/20 07:32 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ahab McBathsalts said:

The noose has always been a symbol of capital punishment metered publicly. Sometimes it is just, sometimes it is vigilante, sometimes it is hatred.

In mexico and south america it is a symbol of power and violent disregard for life.

In america to many, now that our capital punishment is by needle and chair, it is a symbol of the racist practice of lynching.

To skagithunter
Personally in this time of great turmoil and racial sensitivity I would not use a noose in a halloween display. There are plenty of other ways to display a skeleton without the noose.

Just my .02 I support your free speach but I also ask for your consideration of others.

Edited by Sugabearcrisp (10/08/20 01:17 PM)

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Roke
Re: Hanging skeleton - controversial? [Re: Sugabearcrisp] * 2
    #26974398 - 10/07/20 07:42 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I would say it's totally fine without any other context... now if you also fly a confederate flag I could see why people would get the wrong idea,
but hanging is an equal opportunity past time as far as history is concerned

Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

Re: Hanging skeleton - controversial? [Re: SkagitHunter] * 5
    #26975145 - 10/08/20 09:11 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SkagitHunter said:
My wife says I can’t hang a skeleton from our elm tree with a noose. I think it’s a good Halloween decoration. I live in a small town and we own a business. I am also a firefighter in said town.

Is it controversial with racial undertones? Would you do this if you had an elm tree and a skeleton?

I was walking around last month and saw a bunch of random nooses hanging in someones yard. This was in September in the boonies. I was super stoned and strolling past and really confused as to wtf this was. Couldn't help but wonder, with everything going on, if this was some racist bullshit.

Quickly surmised that this was someone who had been hanging gourds to dry who left a bunch of their make shift 'nooses' hanging free. So racist. :facepalm:

There are fuckwads out there that do hang nooses as a racist statement, and who do worse. I think it's important to simultaneously call out those fuckers and not lump innocent gourd dryers, or halloween decorators, in with actual racists. The terrorists racists win that way because, when we run around like a bunch of fucking idiots over stuff like this it invalidates legitimate grievances of systemic racism. And it stokes more division amongst people that would otherwise probably find agreement over the things that mattered.

OP, on the otherhand - for all practical purposes, it is just a halloween decoration. Now, I personally think that your wife's request is simple enough, and that y'all could easily find a compromise with how you pose your skeleton. I think a simple costume(pirate or witch maybe?) might also help people remember that this is a holiday for children and that not everything has to be read into super deeply, not everything has a political connotation. There are tons of options and possibilities. Get creative. I don't agree with your SO from the perspective of racism, but how hard would it be to just find another way to pose the skeleton that both of you like?

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Hanging skeleton - controversial? [Re: pirate-blues]
    #26975209 - 10/08/20 10:06 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Ahab McBathsalts said:

Quote:

pirate-blues said:
how hard would it be to just find another way to pose the skeleton that both of you like?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleSARAtonin
Violent Dreams
Female User Gallery

Loc: Deutschland
Re: Hanging skeleton - controversial? [Re: Patlal]
    #26975223 - 10/08/20 10:19 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
People used to hang people as the death penalty all over the world throughout many countries.  It was the death penalty of choice.

Just hang your skeleton.

Don’t forget about witches!
But ya.
People watch too much tv to properly remember history and cling to the newest trend apparently. :rolleyes:
I don’t know why I’m surprised.

--------------------
“The problem with the Bourgeoisie is that they’re not relatable. They can not read the room and it isn’t a good look. This should have stayed in the drafts. #tonedeaf” - Karl Marx

Want to join a cult? Click for details…

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
Re: Hanging skeleton - controversial? [Re: Dilsnique]
    #26975266 - 10/08/20 10:53 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SkagitHunter said:
My wife says I can’t hang a skeleton from our elm tree with a noose. I think it’s a good Halloween decoration. I live in a small town and we own a business. I am also a firefighter in said town.

Is it controversial with racial undertones? Would you do this if you had an elm tree and a skeleton?

Its not politically correct anymore? Halloween is this crazy?

Quote:

Patlal said:
Just hang the damn skeleton.

Ah yes just do it. Biden won't care. Trump won't care. If they do fuck em

Quote:

Dilsnique said:
Is it controversial with racial undertones?
Well, that depends.  Are you a known racist in your community?  Do you have any Pro-Trump signage in your yard?  Could you make it appear that the skeleton was once in the body of a caucasian?

Would you do this if you had an elm tree and a skeleton?
Perhaps, but would probably have it in the tree or looking as though it was climbing the tree or pose it with a shovel as though it was digging it's own grave.

Also, what type of business do you own?  Do you have a good credit score?  Is your vehicle warranty still good?  Are you a proud honky that likes his chicken wings spicy as heck?

Ah yes. Even further to describe wether the action is politically correct or not. If he is a Trump supporter and he supports Trump then it is not politically correct since it represents racism and his neighborhood will know him as a supporter of a racist President and hanging the skeleton will only further make him look racist. Otherwise go ahead and hang the skeleton. :thumbsup:

Man times have changed since the 1990s. Man times have changed. Back then the skeleton would be cool as long as it did not have blackface or look like Monica Lewinsky. :shrug: now anything you do has to be questioned in political context.

Halloween was originally a Pagan holiday right? Hallowed Eve? So even celebrating Halloween sort of questions the political context of wether you are against the Salem Witch Trial massacres or not. Perhaps Salem is the best place to celebrate Halloween. To really send a message. Fly there for Halloween. Then dress up in make up as though you were in Mexico celebrating Dios De La Muerte. Which is actually the day before or the day after Halloween anyway right? But doing this will give you communication with the dead hung women at the Salem Witch Trial Massacre and really put you in touch with spiritual awareness and send a strong politically correct message. Or maybe dangerously many will find this not politically correct. You will be living dangerously on this day.

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

Re: Hanging skeleton - controversial? [Re: Patlal]
    #26975268 - 10/08/20 10:55 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:

Just hang your skeleton.

Wait then hanging the skeleton would signify that you support the death penalty right? That is not politically correct. People may find it offensive. Research this in depth first before doing it. Really look into it

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

Re: Hanging skeleton - controversial? [Re: imachavel] * 1
    #26975276 - 10/08/20 11:00 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

:smirk: I think this is my favorite Halloween dress up ever

And its totally 100% politically correct

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Hanging skeleton - controversial? [Re: SkagitHunter]
    #26975332 - 10/08/20 11:38 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SkagitHunter said:

Quote:

"Black people should not be offended by this"

Quote:

"You shouldnt pander to political correctness objections"

Quote:

"Its a children's holiday, who cares"

:standingby:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleSARAtonin
Violent Dreams
Female User Gallery

Re: Hanging skeleton - controversial? [Re: imachavel]
    #26975409 - 10/08/20 12:30 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

imachavel said:

100% agree in it being appropriate and acceptable.
I’ve worn headdresses proudly to festivals and shows before.

All culture is human culture and all lives, memories, and traditions are mine to cherish.

Idiots who cry “cultural appropriation” don’t even understand the meaning of culture or humanity, all that shit does is create more made up lines to divide us.

--------------------
“The problem with the Bourgeoisie is that they’re not relatable. They can not read the room and it isn’t a good look. This should have stayed in the drafts. #tonedeaf” - Karl Marx

Edited by SARAtonin (10/08/20 12:43 PM)

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

Re: Hanging skeleton - controversial? [Re: SARAtonin]
    #26975430 - 10/08/20 12:45 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

True. Make note however she wore the costume to protest Elizabeth Warren and to walk around interviewing Democrats to tell them how stupid they were and to make a political statement by dressing up as an Indian.

I have to say she is quite a nasty disgusting person to me. But yes that indian dress up get up would 100% look sexy as fuck if anyone else was wearing it.

Its for sure cool on Halloween. Just not sure if its appropriate to make a political statement. What does Elizabeth Warren have to do with native American indians anyway? She really only dressed up in that way on that day to insult native American indian culture by asking people if they knew how bad of a person Elizabeth Warren is.

But yeah whatever. To each their own. If someone takes the risk to offend someone and gets the crap slapped out of them. Well it is sort of their problem :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleSARAtonin
Violent Dreams
Female User Gallery

Re: Hanging skeleton - controversial? [Re: imachavel]
    #26975445 - 10/08/20 12:54 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm, I don’t even know how that lady is, assumed it was just a stock photo.

As far as Warren goes, I’ve never trusted her, she was a republican half of her life and only switched when she realized she was unelectable as a woman within the GOP. Fuck Warren.

--------------------

Edited by SARAtonin (10/08/20 01:00 PM)

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Hanging skeleton - controversial? [Re: SARAtonin] * 2
    #26975457 - 10/08/20 01:00 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

That girl is one the biggest right wing cunt jobs on the planet and prob a racist. Unbelievable tits tho.

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Hanging skeleton - controversial? [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #26975464 - 10/08/20 01:03 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
Not unless u want bunch BLM ppl burning down and looting ur business. I wouldn't put any decorations out this year or let kids trick or treat for fear of racists antifa people taking something the wrong way and having a mob of people destroying your shit. Prob best to just sit this year out and hope this whole thing blows over.

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Just put a sign on it that says "For Putting Raisins in Potato Salad".

Maybe throw a MAGA hat on it for good measure.

U want some kinda trump biker convoy rolling past ur house at all hours or a bunch pissed off proud boys messing with ur mailbox or something? Again potential riot city on ur hands cuz u wanted to be a jackass

In other words, DO NOT HANG A SKELETON BY A NOOSE IN THIS TIME WE'RE IN!

--------------------

OfflineMythos
Gringo
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hanging skeleton - controversial? [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #26975493 - 10/08/20 01:24 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
That girl is one the biggest right wing cunt jobs on the planet and prob a racist. Unbelievable tits tho.

name?

--------------------

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Hanging skeleton - controversial? [Re: imachavel] * 1
    #26975503 - 10/08/20 01:31 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

imachavel said:

Poke a hiney?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale