Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Loc: PNW
In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. * 2
    #26971385 - 10/05/20 10:06 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Give me the 10 best things about Biden that should make me want to vote for him. 

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

And I am mentally unstable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: budmanman] * 2
    #26971415 - 10/05/20 10:49 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Old (senile), white, male, racist, sexist, molests children, passed the 1994 crime bill, supports private health care, his awesome son Hunter, loyal Establishment POS sellout politician and he's not Trump.

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: qman] * 1
    #26971596 - 10/06/20 05:33 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I'm going with the last one, and that's what he's campaigning on.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: Brian Jones] * 3
    #26971915 - 10/06/20 10:56 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I thought of another one; wont be President for very long.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26971949 - 10/06/20 11:11 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 6
    #26972432 - 10/06/20 04:02 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

1. Not trump
2. Affordable care act
3. Climate change/green new deal
4. Economy- as vp biden spearhead the recovery after housing crash
5. Experience in foreign relations-biden has personally rubbed elbows with and hammered out deals with both our allies and enemies alike during his years on senate foreign relations committee and as VP while trump has pissed everyone enemy and ally off.
6. Strong nato strong against Russia and china. See Yugoslav wars
7. Trade again actually makes deals happen
8. Womens rights- biden has long history of fighting for female equality
9. Personal choice - biden is a proponent of personal choice and personal responsibility
10. Strong social safety nets-a clear plan for the lower and middle class by closing loophole and balancing a more fair tax structure- see trump paying $750 in taxes after tanking businesses and moving money off shore

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #26972660 - 10/06/20 05:59 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Biden said in the debate he doesn't support the green new deal and has his own personal plan though I have not heard any of the details of it, in fact, despite all the political stuff I see on facebook, I have never actually heard about any of his plans at all, no one is talking about his plans anywhere, I can find Biden contradicting himself in all sorts of videos over time so how can I be sure about any of the things you said, has he recently states these things as his plan?

I would go to his website but I am pretty sure Joe Biden doesn't even know whats on there, no one shares any highlights from his rallies of things people really liked that they heard, but when Bernie runs its all I see is oh he said this and it sounds great and look hes been saying it for over 40 years it turns out and here is 10 videos over the last 40 years where he said the same thing verifying that this is what he really believes in. I haven't seen any of that about Joe Biden, I have never heard anyone say oh man if Biden is president he will do this or that and it will be great.

Even at the debate he never really said anything about his actual plans at all, though the questions really were not directed at any real plans about much.

I don't think Biden has his own plan and someone else is deciding it for him. You're typical run of the mill puppet politician sam ol shit different face.

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: budmanman] * 1
    #26972667 - 10/06/20 06:01 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I just checked his climate change plan and it basically says the green new deal, like it actually says it really early on, so he was just on stage saying that he doesn't support the green new deal, even though its fucking great and he had a lot of nice shit to say about it lol anything he says isn't really reliable just like anything Trump says isn't reliable.

"I am the democratic party now"

Joe Biden

--------------------

Edited by budmanman (10/06/20 06:02 PM)

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: budmanman] * 7
    #26972684 - 10/06/20 06:16 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

budmanman said:
typical run of the mill puppet politician sam ol shit different face.

And that is what makes him a far better choice than Trump.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: Enlil]
    #26972706 - 10/06/20 06:28 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

The political system needs disruption and Trumps been the closest thing to be it. He was able to disrupt because initially he was the under dog with 0 chance so they didn't try to stop him and then he soared.

I don't need ordained leaders I need a voting system that works where if I don't vote for the chosen ones chosen by some think tanks that are the elites puppets. I need someone that I like, or someone that the people likes and actually is like hey, this is who I am voting for and here is exactly why and here are the specific things I know are going to, or expect to happen.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: budmanman] * 3
    #26972716 - 10/06/20 06:31 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Disruption is fine.  Disgrace is not.  Trump has completely disgraced this country on a global level.  Sure, I'd love to see someone truly innovative as President, but it's not going to happen this year.  The best we can do at this point is try to get some credibility back and hope for another shot next election.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: Enlil] * 1
    #26972723 - 10/06/20 06:35 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

No dude, disgrace is fucking bombing a damn doctors with out borders, that's great that Obama apologized for bombing it, but exploding men, women and children's brains out who were just trying to get better in a hopsital, now that is a fucking disgrace.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/08/world/asia/obama-apologizes-for-bombing-of-afghanistan-hospital.html

Those peoples brains blew out their damn skulls for no reason who were just sick and in a hospital, that's a fucking disgrace.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: budmanman] * 1
    #26972728 - 10/06/20 06:37 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Obama isn't President, though.  He's just a dude now.  Trump still is.  Just because Obama sucked doesn't mean we should get someone that sucks just as bad.  Trump hasn't slowed down the drone strikes.  He hasn't ended the war like he promised.  He hasn't done a fucking thing except make us look like a bunch of redneck racists to the rest of the world.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: budmanman]
    #26972733 - 10/06/20 06:38 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I haven't heard any reports of Trump blowing up innocent, men, women or children, or the army doing it at all under his leadership yet, I mean if its happened I haven't heard of it which makes me think nothing extremely tragic like blowing peoples brains through their skulls for no reason has happened under this "disgraceful" administration.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: budmanman] * 6
    #26972741 - 10/06/20 06:41 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

That's because Obama had a rule where drone strikes would be reported publicly.  Trump revoked that rule.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47480207#:~:text=Since%20Mr%20Trump%20was%20elected%20in%202016%2C%20there,are%20more%20drone%20strikes%20-%20and%20less%20transparency.

Quote:

There have been 2,243 drone strikes in the first two years of the Trump presidency, compared with 1,878 in Mr Obama's eight years in office

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#26972751 - 10/06/20 06:46 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

You would hear about a horrific event like a random hospital getting destroyed, there is foreign media that gets the word out on something horrible like that no matter what, kinda like when Trump drone struck that one dude back around January.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26972759 - 10/06/20 06:50 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

You're basically comparing Manson to Ted bundy at this point. They're both disgraceful murderers.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#26972764 - 10/06/20 06:53 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

If he was endlessly unapologetically committing international war crimes and trying to be sneaky about it to his own citizens I am pretty sure we would have found out about it a long time ago. In fact the democrats would be exploding off about it, because they would know or should know a good amount of what is going on but no its just Russia Russia Russia.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26972775 - 10/06/20 07:02 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

He promised to end the war. He hasn't. That's enough for him to deserve a horrible death, IMO.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: Enlil] * 1
    #26972786 - 10/06/20 07:09 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

He hasn't really started any new wars so that is a step in the right direction at least.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26972788 - 10/06/20 07:11 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Other than trade wars.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Offlineimachavel
I loved and lost but I loved-ftw
Male User Gallery

Loc: You get banned for saying that Flag
Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: Enlil] * 3
    #26972882 - 10/06/20 08:28 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

How about I copy and paste off the internet?

1. Anita Hill Hearings
When Christine Blasey Ford testified in front of Congress about Brett Kavanaugh’s attempted sexual assault, it depressingly mirrored another testimony like this from Anita Hill about Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas’s sexual harassment in 1994—when Joe Biden and Orrin Hatch oversaw a disastrous testimony that they structured. Biden called no independent experts and forced Hill to defend herself alone against an avalanche of immensely powerful white men, and Joe Biden has since apologized and said he wished he would have done more. This is an ongoing theme with Uncle Joe, where he royally screwed up in the past, defended himself in the past, and then apologized in a more tolerant future that his political instincts are clearly not geared towards.

2. 1994 Crime Bill
In 2016, Joe Biden defended his crime bill that is as responsible for mass incarceration as any other piece of legislation passed in the last forty years, saying:

”I’m not ashamed of [the Crime bill] at all. As a matter of fact, I drafted the bill. We talk about this in terms mostly of ‘black lives matter.’ Black lives really do matter, but the problem is institutional racism in America. That’s the overarching problem that still exists.”

His speech from 1993 defending the bill is one of the more fascist things you will hear out of a modern Democrat.

this Biden clip from 1993 is…outright fascist. 10X worse than Clinton's "super predator" line (via @KFILE) https://t.co/k8d0Icq50mpic.twitter.com/77aDBUKznP

— Adam H. Johnson (@adamjohnsonNYC) March 7, 2019
This is the legacy of the Biden Crime Bill.

3. Had to drop out of the 1988 presidential race for plagiarism
He got caught plagiarizing in law school at Syracuse, and admitted to it. He failed, but was allowed to retake the class. Biden ultimately had to drop out of the 1988 race after it became clear that this didn’t stop in law school, as he stole excerpts of speeches from John F. Kennedy and other famous politicians.

A big chunk of Biden’s brand is wrapped up in being authentic, but his 1988 run was anything but.

4. Reportedly used his son’s death for his own political gain in 2016
Per Politico:

Joe Biden has been making his 2016 deliberations all about his late son since August.

Aug. 1, to be exact — the day renowned Hillary Clinton-critic Maureen Dowd published a column that marked a turning point in the presidential speculation.

According to multiple sources, it was Biden himself who talked to her, painting a tragic portrait of a dying son, Beau’s face partially paralyzed, sitting his father down and trying to make him promise to run for president because “the White House should not revert to the Clintons and that the country would be better off with Biden values.”

But in truth, Biden had effectively placed an ad in The New York Times, asking them to call.

5. He voted to gut welfare
Biden was a 1990s Democrat through and through, as he supported all of Bill Clinton’s most conservative policies, like welfare “reform” that ultimately failed, as Jordan Weismann described in Slate:

The Urban Institute’s Pamela Loprest and Sheila Zedlewski found that during the early postreform era, about one-third of single parents were jobless soon after leaving welfare. Those who did find work often earned no more than what they lost in benefits; studies have concluded that anywhere from 42 to 74 percent of those who exited the program remained poor. Meanwhile, states began enrolling fewer new families in welfare. As the rolls shrank, a new generation of so-called disconnected mothers emerged: single parents who weren’t working, in school, or receiving welfare to support themselves or their children. According to Loprest, the number of these women rose from 800,000 in 1996 to 1.2 million in 2008.

In keeping with that trend, researchers have also found a gradual uptick in what economists call deep or extreme poverty. Johns Hopkins’ Edin and Luke Shaefer, now of the University of Michigan, reported that the number of American households with children living on less than $2 in cash per person each day grew 159 percent, from about 636,000 in 1996 to 1.65 million in 2011. Even if you treat the value of food stamps as cash, the number rose some 80 percent, to 857,000. In their book $2.00 a Day, Edin and Shaefer describe women and children living on the fringes of society, relying on homeless shelters and selling their own plasma to get by. “Some of those people are ending up in very frightening conditions that don’t even look like America,” Edin tells me.

6. He gave Obama a classic racist backhand compliment
Before he became Barack Obama’s running mate, he took a shot at America’s soon-to-be first black president that was just dripping in racism. Per Biden:

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”

Biden went on The Daily Show and apologized for using the word “clean,” saying he should have opted for the word “fresh.” He did not address the “articulate” part of his statement, which is a classic racist backhanded compliment that typically conveys a sense of surprise that a black person can speak clearly and with gravitas.

7. Voted to overturn Glass-Steagall
Glass-Steagall was one of the first things that we did in the wake of the Great Depression, as it created a firewall between investment banking and FDIC-insured deposits, meaning that Wall Street could not gamble with your savings. It is one of the central reasons why so many Wall Street banks are too big to fail. Joe Biden, Bill Clinton and the rest of powerful Democrats in 1999 changed all that, to the dismay of the longest tenured congressman in U.S. history, the late John Dingell, who called our coming crises the night of Biden’s vote in 1999:

I think we ought to look at what we are doing here tonight. We are passing a bill which is going to have very little consideration, written in the dark of night, without any real awareness on the part of most of what it contains.

I just want to remind my colleagues about what happened the last time the Committee on Banking brought a bill on the floor which deregulated the savings and loans. It wound up imposing upon the taxpayers of this Nation about a $500 billion liability …

Having said that, what we are creating now is a group of institutions which are too big to fail. Not only are they going to be big banks, but they are going to be big everything, because they are going to be in securities and insurance, in issuance of stocks and bonds and underwriting, and they are also going to be in banks.

And under this legislation, the whole of the regulatory structure is so obfuscated and so confused that liability in one area is going to fall over into liability in the next. Taxpayers are going to be called upon to cure the failures we are creating tonight, and it is going to cost a lot of money, and it is coming. Just be prepared for those events.

Again, when confronted in the future with the failure of his policies, all Biden could do is apologize.

8. Eulogized one of America’s most famed racists
Perhaps there is no better summation of Joe Biden’s Senate career than the fact that America’s most famed 20th century congressional racist asked him to speak at his funeral. Strom Thurmond staged the longest filibuster in American history, speaking for 24 hours and 18 minutes against the 1957 Civil Rights Act. During his run for presidency in 1948, Governor Thurmond said “There’s not enough troops in the army, to force the southern people to break down segregation and admit the n******* race into our theaters, into our swimming pools, into our homes, and into our churches.” When confronted with this quote in 1988 (by the time Biden claimed Thurmond had changed into a more tolerant man), Thurmond responded with “I was just trying to protect the rights of the states and the rights of the people. Some in the news media tried to make it a race fight, but it was not that.”

9. Opposed school integration in the 1970s
One big reason why Biden and Thurmond were so close was their joint efforts to oppose integrating schools in the 1970s. Per Politico:

Ed Brooke, a Massachusetts Republican, was the first black senator ever to be popularly elected; Joe Biden was a freshman Democratic senator from Delaware. By 1975, both had compiled liberal voting records. But that year, Biden sided with conservatives and sponsored a major anti-busing amendment. The fierce debate that followed not only fractured the Senate’s bloc of liberals, it also signified a more wide-ranging political phenomenon: As white voters around the country—especially in the North—objected to sweeping desegregation plans then coming into practice, liberal leaders retreated from robust integration policies.

Biden was at the forefront of this retreat: He had expressed support for integration and—more specifically—busing during his Senate campaign in 1972, but once elected, he discovered just how bitterly his white constituents opposed the method. In 1973 and 1974, Biden began voting for many of the Senate’s anti-busing bills, claiming that he favored school desegregation, but just objected to “forced busing.”

“Forced busing” was a phrase that Thurmond leaned on heavily to oppose integrating schools, and when Biden embraced Thurmond’s politics on this issue, he also embraced his rhetoric.
10. Biden voted for the Iraq War
The biggest quagmire of millennials’ lifetimes—our Vietnam, sans the draft—was aided along by Senator Joe Biden. Hillary Clinton lost in 2008 because of this vote, while Barack Obama made hay off his opposition to an immoral and illegal war. Joe Biden’s entire political career is proof that he has been behind the times every single step of the way, and there is no reason to believe that 2020 will be any different.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/politics/joe-biden/the-10-worst-things-joe-biden-has-done-in-his-poli/

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

:facepalm: I'm never giving you the password again. Jerk

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: imachavel]
    #26972903 - 10/06/20 08:44 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

While we are it, pre presidency sins:

The greatest scoop of my journalism career started at a poker table with a tip from an agitated banker.

It was a Thursday night in late May 1990. I was a 32-year-old Wall Street Journal reporter who had written dozens of articles about Donald J. Trump’s business affairs. I was closing in on the biggest one of all — Mr. Trump was on the brink of financial ruin. He was quietly trying to unload his assets. His Atlantic City casinos were underperforming, and prices for his casino bonds were plummeting, suggesting that he would have trouble making interest payments.

“Donald Trump is driving 100 miles per hour toward a brick wall, and he has no brakes,” the banker told me. “He is meeting with all the banks right now.”

The next day, I called sources at the four banks I knew had large Trump exposures. The first three calls yielded “no comment,” but the fourth hit pay dirt, and I was invited to visit the bank late that afternoon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Behind a large mahogany desk sat the bank’s chief lending officer. He explained that all of the banks would have to agree to a huge restructuring of Mr. Trump’s loans or Mr. Trump would have to declare personal bankruptcy. Unknown to the banks when each had lent him money, Mr. Trump ended up personally guaranteeing a staggering $830 million of loans, which was reckless of him, but even more so for the banks.

In a front-page Wall Street Journal article on June 4, 1990, I wrote: “Donald J. Trump’s cash shortage has become critical. The developer is now in intense negotiations with his main bank creditors that could force him to give up big chunks of his empire.” One banker said, “He will have to trim the fat; get rid of the boat, the mansions, the helicopter.”

Amid all the self-made myths about Donald Trump, none is more fantastic than Trump the moneymaker, the New York tycoon who has enjoyed a remarkably successful business career. In reality, Mr. Trump was a walking disaster as a businessman for much of his life. This is not just my opinion. Warren Buffett said as much this past week.

Between 1985 and 1991, working mainly for The Daily News and The Wall Street Journal, I covered Mr. Trump’s travails and interviewed him dozens of times. On several occasions he threatened to sue me, though he never did. But he didn’t hide his opinion of me. In “Trump: The Art of the Comeback,” his 1997 book, he wrote: “Of all the writers who have written about me, probably none has been more vicious than Neil Barsky of The Wall Street Journal.”

ADVERTISEMENT

At the time, he was a glamorous New York City personality and an Olympic-level self-promoter who had persuaded banks and bondholders to extend him billions of dollars of credit to buy everything from a yacht to the Plaza Hotel to the Eastern Air Lines Shuttle.

He was also a skilled negotiator with an almost supernatural ability to pinpoint and attack his adversaries’ vulnerabilities, as several of his Republican primary opponents discovered. Since his financial emergency in the 1990s, he appears to have sworn off taking on large amounts of debt, and instead has used his brand to collect fees on real estate and other projects. This has greatly limited his downside risk, but has also capped the amount he can earn, since he often does not own the underlying equity on the projects that bear his name.

Since leaving journalism in 1993, I have been a Wall Street real estate analyst and a hedge fund manager. I have studied how businesses thrive and why they fail. Mr. Trump’s political rise has been maddening for me to watch, and I sometimes feel like the character played by Kevin Bacon in the movie “Diner” who screams the right answers to a TV quiz show as the contestants get them wrong.

“The issue isn’t that he’s crass,” I want to shout. “It’s that he’s a bad businessman!”

Hanging on my office wall is a letter written on gold-leaf stationery, dated March 22, 1990. “Dear Neil,” it reads. “From your first incorrect story on Merv Griffin — to your present Wall Street Journal article, you are a disgrace to your profession! Sincerely, Donald J. Trump.” (Mr. Griffin was a Trump rival.)

ADVERTISEMENT

The article I had just written took a skeptical look at the ability of Mr. Trump’s newly opened Trump Taj Mahal Atlantic City casino to make the interest payments on its bonds. I quoted an analyst saying, “Once the cold winds blow from October to February, it won’t make it.” Mr. Trump complained to the man’s employer. Within days, the analyst was fired. But his prediction would prove prescient.

At 70, Mr. Trump is 12 years older than I am. As I watched his career soar in the 1980s and the inordinate amount of press attention he attracted, I was struck by two things: His list of real estate accomplishments were minuscule compared with those of more successful New York developers who garnered far less publicity, and he lied a lot. He made up the prices he was getting for his condominiums, the value of bids he had turned down for various properties and his prospects for luring corporate tenants to his buildings.

And, of course, he lied about his wealth.

Then and now, we in the media helped enable the Trump myth. He made great copy. Early on, I noticed that any article I wrote about him — whether for the tabloid Daily News or the serious Wall Street Journal — would get great play. This invariably led me and others to dig deeper for Trump news.

Oddly, he seemed less interested in making money than in creating the perception that he was wealthy. This is why, I believe, he continually floated plans to build the world’s tallest building. People would notice. His feuds with Forbes magazine over his net worth were legion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Once, in April 1990, as I was trying to glean the extent of his financial distress, he produced as evidence of his financial strength a letter from an accounting firm saying he had close to $400 million in cash and cash equivalents. The letter did not include liabilities, however, and less than two months later, Mr. Trump was negotiating a lifeline with his bankers.

Ultimately, the banks decided Mr. Trump was “too big to fail,” and extended further credit. When the dust settled, he retained some important assets, like Trump Tower, and gave up control of others, including the Eastern Air Lines Shuttle. Under bankers’ orders, he altered his high-spending lifestyle.

More than a year has passed since Mr. Trump announced his candidacy, and the media has begun to chip away at his checkered business record. Still, the image of the self-made billionaire remains. He has yet to release his tax returns. Amazingly, we still don’t know exactly how much he inherited from his father’s real estate empire, valued at $250 million to $300 million when his father died in 1999, and probably worth multiples of that today.

This disconnect between the public’s perception of Mr. Trump as a self-made mogul and the reality of his being a rich kid who lost other people’s money and made far less for himself than he claims is still his Achilles’ heel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Things did not end well between us. One day in early 1991, one of Mr. Trump’s senior executives, Nick Ribis, invited me to a boxing match that his boss was sponsoring in Atlantic City. I declined at first, but my editor encouraged me to go. Then, in an act of bad judgment, I accepted free tickets for my brother and father.

Weeks later, after I wrote a tough article about Mr. Trump’s finances, his public relations representative called The New York Post’s Page Six and said, as I was told later by a senior Post reporter, “How would you like to destroy the career of a Wall Street Journal reporter?” The story that resulted made a series of wild and bogus accusations, saying I had extorted the tickets, asked for a suite at the Taj, and that out of anger that I hadn’t received more favors, had written negative articles about him.

My editors stood by me, but they and I agreed that I would stop covering him. By then Donald Trump had stopped being front-page news, but I had put my paper in a difficult position, and the episode stung.

Did he set me up? Did I set myself up? Several years later, I ran into a Trump executive who offered an explanation. A few months before the boxing match, I had reported that as Mr. Trump faced a cash shortfall, his father had bought $3.5 million worth of casino chips to help his son make an interest payment on the casino’s bonds. Mr. Trump was subsequently fined $30,000 by New Jersey’s gambling regulators for not reporting what was essentially a loan from his father. He was livid, the executive told me, and had vowed revenge. As Mr. Trump himself wrote in “The Art of the Comeback,” he told Nick Ribis to give me the tickets, then added, “but the next time he writes anything I’m going to blast him like he never got blasted before.”

ADVERTISEMENT

I last met with Donald Trump in 2007, by which point I had been managing a hedge fund for a decade. He was a reality television star, and his financial troubles were behind him. I was sponsoring a golf tournament at his club in Westchester County to raise money for a foundation that supported a Miami youth center.

Concerned that we might bump into each other, I called to see if he might want to meet first, and he invited me to his Fifth Avenue office. He couldn’t have been nicer. He boasted about a recent golf club purchase and said he was “bigger than ever.” He complimented me on my decision to go into finance. I asked him for a major donation for the youth center, and soon the conversation turned to our past squabbles.

“You hit me, then I hit you,” he said, with the wistful air of a nostalgic boxer. “As far as I’m concerned, we’re even.”

A week later, someone at the foundation told me it had received a check for $5,000.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2016/08/07/opinion/sunday/trump-the-bad-bad-businessman.amp.html

--------------------
:kingcrankey: I did not say to edit my signature soulidarity! Now forever I will never remember what I said about understanding the secrets of the universe by paying attention to subtleties!

Offlinemeltdowner
Total Noob
Male

Loc: New York City
Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: budmanman] * 2
    #26972964 - 10/06/20 09:48 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

1. He will lose to Trump
2. He will lose to Trump
3. He will lose to Trump
4. He will lose to Trump
5. He will lose to Trump
6. He will lose to Trump
7. He will lose to Trump
8. He will lose to Trump
9. He will lose to Trump
10. He will lose to Trump

--------------------
I'm a Lightweight.  I like to eat like two caps at a time.

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
    #26973044 - 10/06/20 11:05 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:

He hasn't ended the war like he promised.

My son's aunt (Amanda) is in the military (helicopter mechanic) and has been to Afghanistan many times over the years. She called last Sunday and told us everyone is working hard packing everything up and the troops are excited about coming home. For good.

But don't hold your breath waiting to hear this type of information on the news.

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#26973259 - 10/07/20 05:29 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
He promised to end the war. He hasn't. That's enough for him to deserve a horrible death, IMO.

Again you people don't have a fucking clue about what goes on in the world. We have allies we have to go to bat for. Trump lit let them get slaughtered by isis. These people fight hard for us and we left them alone surrounded by wolves with thier ass hanging out. Whos fucking side are u people on I swear to fucking God some of u are russian trolls or just so clueless and dumb its fucking dangerous. Learn about history and geopolitics be for you talk shit about not ending a war. This shit isn't a joke. We've seen it 1000 times if America isn't there to prop things up our enemies just come in and steam roll everyone and slaughter  rape and cut thier heads off shit desends into chaos and festers until we have an even more real serious problem on our hands. Which is why we needed a serious troop surge in Iraq and also shouldn't have been doing this light foot print bullshit. Now we have isis. We should have never been in that war to begin with but once u start the war u cant try to be nice about it. I tell you one thing I never ever ever would have left my Kurdish allies to fend for themselves against isis and just simply give up after fighting so hard like trump did. Trump once again rolled over for Russia gave it up to isis.

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL]
    #26973339 - 10/07/20 07:07 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I just thought of this. Trump pulling out on isis is lit like if biden didn't send nato bombs and commandos to the balkins threw his hands up and was like welp just let them all get genocided and let russia take control. Letting our enemies just have it is great cuz were putting America first by putting our sworn enemies first...first :flowstone:

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#26973346 - 10/07/20 07:10 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

And they go why are people going russia russia russia the guys not a ruskie stoolie he makes the libtards panties bunch up its great derrp. Gee I wonder fucking why retard.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/13/world/middleeast/syria-turkey-invasion-isis.html

Edited by CHeifM4sterDiezL (10/07/20 07:11 AM)

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: RJ Tubs 202] * 4
    #26973399 - 10/07/20 08:02 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

RJ Tubs 202 said:
Quote:

Enlil said:

My son's aunt (Amanda) is in the military (helicopter mechanic) and has been to Afghanistan many times over the years. She called last Sunday and told us everyone is working hard packing everything up and the troops are excited about coming home. For good.

But don't hold your breath waiting to hear this type of information on the news.

It's been 3.75 years, and troop levels went from 8,500 to 14,000 during Trump's tenure.  Now, he's dropping it to 4,500 or something. That's not ending the war. 

He could literally end the war today.  He could have ended it in February of 2017.  He didn't.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#26973432 - 10/07/20 08:32 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by CHeifM4sterDiezL (10/07/20 08:34 AM)

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL] * 1
    #26973448 - 10/07/20 08:40 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

It would end it for America.  All Trump has to do is stand down the soldiers, and America is no longer at war.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#26973456 - 10/07/20 08:45 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

No it wouldn't isis is fucking hell bent on destroying America and everything that doesn't fit into there insane caliphate jihad.  Just because u let them fester doesn't "end it for america" it just makes us look weak leaves our allies out to dryl and let's iran and russia take the wheel. I mean who's side are you on in this?  How stupid are you people?

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#26973458 - 10/07/20 08:46 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Not to mention all the war crimes and genocide theyre doing to bibity Bobbity brown people u clearly don't give a fuck what happens to.

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL] * 2
    #26973469 - 10/07/20 08:53 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Side?  Why would I be on a side?  American aggression in the middle east doesn't solve the problem that we're hated there.  You think that killing people is going to make them like us more?  Every dude we kill creates more people who grow up hating America. 

I get it...you like war.  You like killing muslims.  I don't.  I also don't like being the target of terrorism, which is the natural product of our wars in the middle east and Afghanistan.  Trump promised to end our involvement in the war and hasn't done jack shit to make that happen.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#26973478 - 10/07/20 09:01 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Again going back to we never should have gone to Iraq but since we did we should have killed them all even the childern.its also really nice to say yah we should handle everything diplomatically but in reality it doesn't work that easy. Maybe if these people would stop trying to constantly undermine a free and stable world we could all work towards building a global economy and human innovation instead this whole kill all non believers shit we've been doing for millenia. So yah we kinda still are at the we have to fight wars with these idiots phase. I really belive soon technology will make major war fucking stupid and pointless.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL] * 3
    #26973483 - 10/07/20 09:06 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

You don't destroy isis with soldiers. Every time we kill an isis fighter, we create three more.

You destroy isis by removing the conditions that create isis. Fear. Hate. Poverty. Things that US airstrikes are great at creating.

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: Kryptos]
    #26973485 - 10/07/20 09:07 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Again yah its really nice to say we should just go over there and like give them money and schools and a helping hand. U dont think we fucking tried that before we started killing people?

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL] * 1
    #26973487 - 10/07/20 09:10 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
we should have killed them all even the childern.

That's simply not who we are.  It might be who you are, but most Americans are not in favor of genocide.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

#26973489 - 10/07/20 09:11 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

imachavel said:
While we are it, pre presidency sins:

The greatest scoop of my journalism career started at a poker table with a tip from an agitated banker.

It was a Thursday night in late May 1990. I was a 32-year-old Wall Street Journal reporter who had written dozens of articles about Donald J. Trump’s business affairs. I was closing in on the biggest one of all — Mr. Trump was on the brink of financial ruin. He was quietly trying to unload his assets. His Atlantic City casinos were underperforming, and prices for his casino bonds were plummeting, suggesting that he would have trouble making interest payments.

“Donald Trump is driving 100 miles per hour toward a brick wall, and he has no brakes,” the banker told me. “He is meeting with all the banks right now.”

The next day, I called sources at the four banks I knew had large Trump exposures. The first three calls yielded “no comment,” but the fourth hit pay dirt, and I was invited to visit the bank late that afternoon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Behind a large mahogany desk sat the bank’s chief lending officer. He explained that all of the banks would have to agree to a huge restructuring of Mr. Trump’s loans or Mr. Trump would have to declare personal bankruptcy. Unknown to the banks when each had lent him money, Mr. Trump ended up personally guaranteeing a staggering $830 million of loans, which was reckless of him, but even more so for the banks.

In a front-page Wall Street Journal article on June 4, 1990, I wrote: “Donald J. Trump’s cash shortage has become critical. The developer is now in intense negotiations with his main bank creditors that could force him to give up big chunks of his empire.” One banker said, “He will have to trim the fat; get rid of the boat, the mansions, the helicopter.”

Amid all the self-made myths about Donald Trump, none is more fantastic than Trump the moneymaker, the New York tycoon who has enjoyed a remarkably successful business career. In reality, Mr. Trump was a walking disaster as a businessman for much of his life. This is not just my opinion. Warren Buffett said as much this past week.

Between 1985 and 1991, working mainly for The Daily News and The Wall Street Journal, I covered Mr. Trump’s travails and interviewed him dozens of times. On several occasions he threatened to sue me, though he never did. But he didn’t hide his opinion of me. In “Trump: The Art of the Comeback,” his 1997 book, he wrote: “Of all the writers who have written about me, probably none has been more vicious than Neil Barsky of The Wall Street Journal.”

ADVERTISEMENT

At the time, he was a glamorous New York City personality and an Olympic-level self-promoter who had persuaded banks and bondholders to extend him billions of dollars of credit to buy everything from a yacht to the Plaza Hotel to the Eastern Air Lines Shuttle.

He was also a skilled negotiator with an almost supernatural ability to pinpoint and attack his adversaries’ vulnerabilities, as several of his Republican primary opponents discovered. Since his financial emergency in the 1990s, he appears to have sworn off taking on large amounts of debt, and instead has used his brand to collect fees on real estate and other projects. This has greatly limited his downside risk, but has also capped the amount he can earn, since he often does not own the underlying equity on the projects that bear his name.

Since leaving journalism in 1993, I have been a Wall Street real estate analyst and a hedge fund manager. I have studied how businesses thrive and why they fail. Mr. Trump’s political rise has been maddening for me to watch, and I sometimes feel like the character played by Kevin Bacon in the movie “Diner” who screams the right answers to a TV quiz show as the contestants get them wrong.

“The issue isn’t that he’s crass,” I want to shout. “It’s that he’s a bad businessman!”

Hanging on my office wall is a letter written on gold-leaf stationery, dated March 22, 1990. “Dear Neil,” it reads. “From your first incorrect story on Merv Griffin — to your present Wall Street Journal article, you are a disgrace to your profession! Sincerely, Donald J. Trump.” (Mr. Griffin was a Trump rival.)

ADVERTISEMENT

The article I had just written took a skeptical look at the ability of Mr. Trump’s newly opened Trump Taj Mahal Atlantic City casino to make the interest payments on its bonds. I quoted an analyst saying, “Once the cold winds blow from October to February, it won’t make it.” Mr. Trump complained to the man’s employer. Within days, the analyst was fired. But his prediction would prove prescient.

At 70, Mr. Trump is 12 years older than I am. As I watched his career soar in the 1980s and the inordinate amount of press attention he attracted, I was struck by two things: His list of real estate accomplishments were minuscule compared with those of more successful New York developers who garnered far less publicity, and he lied a lot. He made up the prices he was getting for his condominiums, the value of bids he had turned down for various properties and his prospects for luring corporate tenants to his buildings.

And, of course, he lied about his wealth.

Then and now, we in the media helped enable the Trump myth. He made great copy. Early on, I noticed that any article I wrote about him — whether for the tabloid Daily News or the serious Wall Street Journal — would get great play. This invariably led me and others to dig deeper for Trump news.

Oddly, he seemed less interested in making money than in creating the perception that he was wealthy. This is why, I believe, he continually floated plans to build the world’s tallest building. People would notice. His feuds with Forbes magazine over his net worth were legion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Once, in April 1990, as I was trying to glean the extent of his financial distress, he produced as evidence of his financial strength a letter from an accounting firm saying he had close to $400 million in cash and cash equivalents. The letter did not include liabilities, however, and less than two months later, Mr. Trump was negotiating a lifeline with his bankers.

Ultimately, the banks decided Mr. Trump was “too big to fail,” and extended further credit. When the dust settled, he retained some important assets, like Trump Tower, and gave up control of others, including the Eastern Air Lines Shuttle. Under bankers’ orders, he altered his high-spending lifestyle.

More than a year has passed since Mr. Trump announced his candidacy, and the media has begun to chip away at his checkered business record. Still, the image of the self-made billionaire remains. He has yet to release his tax returns. Amazingly, we still don’t know exactly how much he inherited from his father’s real estate empire, valued at $250 million to $300 million when his father died in 1999, and probably worth multiples of that today.

This disconnect between the public’s perception of Mr. Trump as a self-made mogul and the reality of his being a rich kid who lost other people’s money and made far less for himself than he claims is still his Achilles’ heel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Things did not end well between us. One day in early 1991, one of Mr. Trump’s senior executives, Nick Ribis, invited me to a boxing match that his boss was sponsoring in Atlantic City. I declined at first, but my editor encouraged me to go. Then, in an act of bad judgment, I accepted free tickets for my brother and father.

Weeks later, after I wrote a tough article about Mr. Trump’s finances, his public relations representative called The New York Post’s Page Six and said, as I was told later by a senior Post reporter, “How would you like to destroy the career of a Wall Street Journal reporter?” The story that resulted made a series of wild and bogus accusations, saying I had extorted the tickets, asked for a suite at the Taj, and that out of anger that I hadn’t received more favors, had written negative articles about him.

My editors stood by me, but they and I agreed that I would stop covering him. By then Donald Trump had stopped being front-page news, but I had put my paper in a difficult position, and the episode stung.

Did he set me up? Did I set myself up? Several years later, I ran into a Trump executive who offered an explanation. A few months before the boxing match, I had reported that as Mr. Trump faced a cash shortfall, his father had bought $3.5 million worth of casino chips to help his son make an interest payment on the casino’s bonds. Mr. Trump was subsequently fined $30,000 by New Jersey’s gambling regulators for not reporting what was essentially a loan from his father. He was livid, the executive told me, and had vowed revenge. As Mr. Trump himself wrote in “The Art of the Comeback,” he told Nick Ribis to give me the tickets, then added, “but the next time he writes anything I’m going to blast him like he never got blasted before.”

ADVERTISEMENT

I last met with Donald Trump in 2007, by which point I had been managing a hedge fund for a decade. He was a reality television star, and his financial troubles were behind him. I was sponsoring a golf tournament at his club in Westchester County to raise money for a foundation that supported a Miami youth center.

Concerned that we might bump into each other, I called to see if he might want to meet first, and he invited me to his Fifth Avenue office. He couldn’t have been nicer. He boasted about a recent golf club purchase and said he was “bigger than ever.” He complimented me on my decision to go into finance. I asked him for a major donation for the youth center, and soon the conversation turned to our past squabbles.

“You hit me, then I hit you,” he said, with the wistful air of a nostalgic boxer. “As far as I’m concerned, we’re even.”

A week later, someone at the foundation told me it had received a check for $5,000.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2016/08/07/opinion/sunday/trump-the-bad-bad-businessman.amp.html

There's something screwed up with journalist Neil Barsky's timelines. He's talking about Trump's casinos failing in 1990. They both opened in 1996.

--------------------

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#26973495 - 10/07/20 09:18 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:

That's simply not who we are.  It might be who you are, but most Americans are not in favor of genocide.

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:

Is that why u want to let ethic Syrians get gassed or kurds slaughtered by turks? Thats not how war works. U see theres really no limit or rules theres just different levels. We are talking about isis here these people aren't gonna just change there mind about cutting heads off because we stopped being aggressive. Thats not how shit works they just take over steal everything and steamroller everyone. I dont think you people get it.

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL] * 2
    #26973510 - 10/07/20 09:36 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I "let" that happen?  I suppose one could argue that I did just like billions of other people in the world.  Still, there is a difference between actively killing people and being powerless to stop them from being killed. Under that analysis, you let ethnic Syrians get gassed, too.

Advocating genocide isn't really welcome in this country and certainly not in this forum.  Tone down your racism, please.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: CHeifM4sterDiezL] * 3
    #26973597 - 10/07/20 10:42 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
Again yah its really nice to say we should just go over there and like give them money and schools and a helping hand. U dont think we fucking tried that before we started killing people?

No, as a matter of fact, we explicitly did not try that. We did the exact opposite by repeatedly kneecapping any attempts at stabilizing the region and installing US backed dictators. Then using the presence of said dictators as a pretense for violence against them.

US foreign policy towards the Middle East boils down to killing people for the last 70 years.

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#26973636 - 10/07/20 11:08 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Yah after the other dictators didn't want to play ball by the rules the rest the world agreed to. So then to avoid war further we often times bloodlessly deposed them. U think we just do things just to do them?

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26973646 - 10/07/20 11:15 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

No, I think the US does things because they have motives.

In this case, the overarching motive was first preventing the spread of communism, by deposing any democratically elected leaders that were a little bit too pinko for our tastes, and replacing them with far right dictators that relied on the US to stay in power. We did this in South America as well.

The second motive was to destabilize the region and ensure a cheap supply of oil, and with any luck, cause the collapse of OPEC.

In both cases, a couple million dead civilians and a destroyed basic infrastructure was simply the cost of doing business.

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#26973662 - 10/07/20 11:31 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Sure I guess if thats what the anti America propaganda uve been reading thinks
They prob leave out the part how those communist dictators ur such a fervent supporter of werent exactly saints. But its good to know who's side ur on  :smilingpuppy:

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#26973666 - 10/07/20 11:34 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Also yah people were really scared of a bulshevik type uprising in America after seeing the revolution and things like the holodorma which horrified many Americans at the time. Along with all the other malarkey over the decades past the early years of soviet communism

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#26973909 - 10/07/20 02:04 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

He's biodegradable.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinemeltdowner
Total Noob
Male

#26976266 - 10/08/20 10:52 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

RJ Tubs 202 said:
Quote:

Enlil said:

It's been 3.75 years, and troop levels went from 8,500 to 14,000 during Trump's tenure.  Now, he's dropping it to 4,500 or something. That's not ending the war. 

He could literally end the war today.  He could have ended it in February of 2017.  He didn't.

14k and you think we are at war!?!?!??! Ahhahahahahahahahhah 14k is a small town in iowa ahhahababbaba.  Hardly an army!!!

--------------------

Offlinemeltdowner
Total Noob
Male

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: Asante]
    #26976268 - 10/08/20 10:53 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Why do you care so much about Trump?  You're not even American.  Get a life wow.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: meltdowner]
    #26976449 - 10/09/20 04:57 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden.

Quote:

Asante said:
He's biodegradable.

Quote:

meltdowner said:
Why do you care so much about Trump?  You're not even American.  Get a life wow.

:wtf:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleRan-D
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26976932 - 10/09/20 12:02 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

budmanman said:
You would hear about a horrific event like a random hospital getting destroyed, there is foreign media that gets the word out on something horrible like that no matter what, kinda like when Trump drone struck that one dude back around January.

Trust me when I tell you that you do NOT hear about the vast majority of atrocities that are happening on this planet daily.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26986326 - 10/15/20 01:20 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:

The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (the highest-ranking military officer in the United States Armed Forces) may not agree with you.  Here's an interesting discussion from the Tucker Carlson show:

I'm guessing (hoping?) Tucker Carlson's exaggerating.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26986695 - 10/15/20 09:37 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Funny thats exactly what russia and iran would want. Gee wonder why the top brass is basically defying orders to not do that. I mean how dumb are you people? First you want war then you don't have the balls to finish it. Pathetic. I mean think of all the people that fought over there. For what now? For another cut and run after bombing out and destroying an entire region again. I could have told u back then invading these peoples land was the worst thing to do. That was when you would have been sucking bushes dick. I would have told u back then all this would be a major fuck up handed down from the bone head u idiots voted for. But here we are anyway and now we have trump on top of it all. I mean do u not see that? Do u not see how insane all this is? Why are u so hardline to the point of letting this guy fuck us over this bad?

Edited by CHeifM4sterDiezL (10/15/20 09:39 AM)

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26986813 - 10/15/20 10:48 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
Funny thats exactly what russia and iran would want.

They want the war to end?  So we should keep fighting endless war to make Russia and Iran mad?

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
Gee wonder why the top brass is basically defying orders to not do that.

So they can get extremely high paying executive positions with defense contractors when they leave the military.

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
I mean how dumb are you people? First you want war then you don't have the balls to finish it. Pathetic. I mean think of all the people that fought over there. For what now? For another cut and run after bombing out and destroying an entire region again. I could have told u back then invading these peoples land was the worst thing to do. That was when you would have been sucking bushes dick. I would have told u back then all this would be a major fuck up handed down from the bone head u idiots voted for.

I never wanted war.  I don't know who you're talking to. Now you suddenly think war is cool because Trump wants to get out.  Fuck anything that guy wants, right?

I never voted for war, I voted Green Party.

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
But here we are anyway and now we have trump on top of it all. I mean do u not see that? Do u not see how insane all this is? Why are u so hardline to the point of letting this guy fuck us over this bad?

I love how Dems have become the party of war just to spite Trump.  You want to continue the spending and the killings, so the military industrial complex can fill their pockets and the rich can take control of other country's resources?  Or why is it you now think war in Afghanistan is good?  What are we fighting for?  Osama Bin Laden is dead.

--------------------

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26986902 - 10/15/20 11:43 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

The party of war? Absolutely no one from the democratic party is saying what I'm saying. But for the 100th time the reality of how shot works and the consequences of "ending" the war aren't as easy as just saying it. But im telling u right now its a huge embarrassment makes America yet again look like a ass on the world stage repeats our same fuck ups weaks our position with both our allies and enemies. Whos gonna go to bat with us or sign deals when this is what you show them green? Your green party vote was essentially a vote for Bush.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26986919 - 10/15/20 11:53 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
The party of war? Absolutely no one from the democratic party is saying what I'm saying.

Democrats agree with Trump that we should get out of Afghanistan?!?

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
But for the 100th time the reality of how shot works and the consequences of "ending" the war aren't as easy as just saying it.

So no answer to my question of what we're fighting for, not even at a high level?

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
But im telling u right now its a huge embarrassment makes America yet again look like a ass on the world stage repeats our same fuck ups weaks our position with both our allies and enemies.

Leaving Afghanistan makes us look like an ass?  Why?  I guess we disagree.

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#26986931 - 10/15/20 11:59 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

If we leave Afghanistan the taliban wins, it shows the world once again pulling this horseshit works and u just have to wait it out, makes all the money we spent people we killed and people who dies for nothing. Leaves a festering destabilized country in the emboldened hands of the taliban extremists.

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Interdimensional Bootcamp
    #26986953 - 10/15/20 12:14 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Then we need to figure out a better method as we’ve been in Afghanistan for 20 years on this one.  No “war” should last 20 years.

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: Mycolorado] * 1
    #26986960 - 10/15/20 12:16 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Coulda had a troop surge n nipped it in the bud. Coulda not invaded at all.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26987047 - 10/15/20 01:02 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
If we leave Afghanistan the taliban wins

But the United States helped create the Taliban in the first place when we partnered with the Mujahideen against the ruling party in Afghanistan, who was trying to introduce reforms, such as separation of Mosque and State, abolition of sharia law, equal rights for women, universal education, elimination of forced marriages, minimum wage, etc.

The Mujahideen didn't want these reforms and started a civil war.  The Afghan Government requested help from the Soviet Union to put down the rebellion (Russia didn't want religious extremists as their neighbors), but the US stood up for the Mujahideen (including Osama Bin Laden) so we could fight a proxy war against Russia.

The Mujahideen won, and the Taliban sprang out of Mujahideen.

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
...makes all the money we spent people we killed and people who dies for nothing. Leaves a festering destabilized country in the emboldened hands of the taliban extremists.

Who are we now fighting for, and what percentage of Afghanistan supports this group?  Do you know?  :smirk:

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26987320 - 10/15/20 03:42 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
makes all the money we spent people we killed and people who dies for nothing.

Sunk Cost fallacy.

Quote:

CHeifM4sterDiezL said:
Leaves a festering destabilized country in the emboldened hands of the taliban extremists.

Ya know, lack of shit exploding in the street significantly improves property value. I'd take a couple religious nuts over airstrikes anyday, personally.

Plus, we're trying to sign a peace treaty.

Offlineyeah
Male User Gallery

#26987652 - 10/15/20 08:52 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

budmanman said:
Give me the 10 best things about Biden that should make me want to vote for him. 

I can't give 10 but he definitely loves children

--------------------

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: yeah]
    #26991276 - 10/18/20 10:43 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

The best thing is that he will win the election easily. Then it will be his turn to suck, but not nearly as bad. Then it will be Kamala Harris' turn to suck, but again a little less.

--------------------

OfflineMach z 800
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26994011 - 10/20/20 06:30 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

imachavel said:

1. Anita Hill Hearings
When Christine Blasey Ford testified in front of Congress about Brett Kavanaugh’s attempted sexual assault, it depressingly mirrored another testimony like this from Anita Hill about Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas’s sexual harassment in 1994—when Joe Biden and Orrin Hatch oversaw a disastrous testimony that they structured. Biden called no independent experts and forced Hill to defend herself alone against an avalanche of immensely powerful white men, and Joe Biden has since apologized and said he wished he would have done more. This is an ongoing theme with Uncle Joe, where he royally screwed up in the past, defended himself in the past, and then apologized in a more tolerant future that his political instincts are clearly not geared towards.

2. 1994 Crime Bill
In 2016, Joe Biden defended his crime bill that is as responsible for mass incarceration as any other piece of legislation passed in the last forty years, saying:

”I’m not ashamed of [the Crime bill] at all. As a matter of fact, I drafted the bill. We talk about this in terms mostly of ‘black lives matter.’ Black lives really do matter, but the problem is institutional racism in America. That’s the overarching problem that still exists.”

His speech from 1993 defending the bill is one of the more fascist things you will hear out of a modern Democrat.

this Biden clip from 1993 is…outright fascist. 10X worse than Clinton's "super predator" line (via @KFILE) https://t.co/k8d0Icq50mpic.twitter.com/77aDBUKznP

He got caught plagiarizing in law school at Syracuse, and admitted to it. He failed, but was allowed to retake the class. Biden ultimately had to drop out of the 1988 race after it became clear that this didn’t stop in law school, as he stole excerpts of speeches from John F. Kennedy and other famous politicians.

A big chunk of Biden’s brand is wrapped up in being authentic, but his 1988 run was anything but.

Per Politico:

Joe Biden has been making his 2016 deliberations all about his late son since August.

Aug. 1, to be exact — the day renowned Hillary Clinton-critic Maureen Dowd published a column that marked a turning point in the presidential speculation.

According to multiple sources, it was Biden himself who talked to her, painting a tragic portrait of a dying son, Beau’s face partially paralyzed, sitting his father down and trying to make him promise to run for president because “the White House should not revert to the Clintons and that the country would be better off with Biden values.”

But in truth, Biden had effectively placed an ad in The New York Times, asking them to call.

Biden was a 1990s Democrat through and through, as he supported all of Bill Clinton’s most conservative policies, like welfare “reform” that ultimately failed, as Jordan Weismann described in Slate:

The Urban Institute’s Pamela Loprest and Sheila Zedlewski found that during the early postreform era, about one-third of single parents were jobless soon after leaving welfare. Those who did find work often earned no more than what they lost in benefits; studies have concluded that anywhere from 42 to 74 percent of those who exited the program remained poor. Meanwhile, states began enrolling fewer new families in welfare. As the rolls shrank, a new generation of so-called disconnected mothers emerged: single parents who weren’t working, in school, or receiving welfare to support themselves or their children. According to Loprest, the number of these women rose from 800,000 in 1996 to 1.2 million in 2008.

In keeping with that trend, researchers have also found a gradual uptick in what economists call deep or extreme poverty. Johns Hopkins’ Edin and Luke Shaefer, now of the University of Michigan, reported that the number of American households with children living on less than $2 in cash per person each day grew 159 percent, from about 636,000 in 1996 to 1.65 million in 2011. Even if you treat the value of food stamps as cash, the number rose some 80 percent, to 857,000. In their book $2.00 a Day, Edin and Shaefer describe women and children living on the fringes of society, relying on homeless shelters and selling their own plasma to get by. “Some of those people are ending up in very frightening conditions that don’t even look like America,” Edin tells me.

Before he became Barack Obama’s running mate, he took a shot at America’s soon-to-be first black president that was just dripping in racism. Per Biden:

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.”

Biden went on The Daily Show and apologized for using the word “clean,” saying he should have opted for the word “fresh.” He did not address the “articulate” part of his statement, which is a classic racist backhanded compliment that typically conveys a sense of surprise that a black person can speak clearly and with gravitas.

Glass-Steagall was one of the first things that we did in the wake of the Great Depression, as it created a firewall between investment banking and FDIC-insured deposits, meaning that Wall Street could not gamble with your savings. It is one of the central reasons why so many Wall Street banks are too big to fail. Joe Biden, Bill Clinton and the rest of powerful Democrats in 1999 changed all that, to the dismay of the longest tenured congressman in U.S. history, the late John Dingell, who called our coming crises the night of Biden’s vote in 1999:

I think we ought to look at what we are doing here tonight. We are passing a bill which is going to have very little consideration, written in the dark of night, without any real awareness on the part of most of what it contains.

I just want to remind my colleagues about what happened the last time the Committee on Banking brought a bill on the floor which deregulated the savings and loans. It wound up imposing upon the taxpayers of this Nation about a $500 billion liability …

Having said that, what we are creating now is a group of institutions which are too big to fail. Not only are they going to be big banks, but they are going to be big everything, because they are going to be in securities and insurance, in issuance of stocks and bonds and underwriting, and they are also going to be in banks.

And under this legislation, the whole of the regulatory structure is so obfuscated and so confused that liability in one area is going to fall over into liability in the next. Taxpayers are going to be called upon to cure the failures we are creating tonight, and it is going to cost a lot of money, and it is coming. Just be prepared for those events.

Again, when confronted in the future with the failure of his policies, all Biden could do is apologize.

Perhaps there is no better summation of Joe Biden’s Senate career than the fact that America’s most famed 20th century congressional racist asked him to speak at his funeral. Strom Thurmond staged the longest filibuster in American history, speaking for 24 hours and 18 minutes against the 1957 Civil Rights Act. During his run for presidency in 1948, Governor Thurmond said “There’s not enough troops in the army, to force the southern people to break down segregation and admit the n******* race into our theaters, into our swimming pools, into our homes, and into our churches.” When confronted with this quote in 1988 (by the time Biden claimed Thurmond had changed into a more tolerant man), Thurmond responded with “I was just trying to protect the rights of the states and the rights of the people. Some in the news media tried to make it a race fight, but it was not that.”

One big reason why Biden and Thurmond were so close was their joint efforts to oppose integrating schools in the 1970s. Per Politico:

Ed Brooke, a Massachusetts Republican, was the first black senator ever to be popularly elected; Joe Biden was a freshman Democratic senator from Delaware. By 1975, both had compiled liberal voting records. But that year, Biden sided with conservatives and sponsored a major anti-busing amendment. The fierce debate that followed not only fractured the Senate’s bloc of liberals, it also signified a more wide-ranging political phenomenon: As white voters around the country—especially in the North—objected to sweeping desegregation plans then coming into practice, liberal leaders retreated from robust integration policies.

Biden was at the forefront of this retreat: He had expressed support for integration and—more specifically—busing during his Senate campaign in 1972, but once elected, he discovered just how bitterly his white constituents opposed the method. In 1973 and 1974, Biden began voting for many of the Senate’s anti-busing bills, claiming that he favored school desegregation, but just objected to “forced busing.”

“Forced busing” was a phrase that Thurmond leaned on heavily to oppose integrating schools, and when Biden embraced Thurmond’s politics on this issue, he also embraced his rhetoric.
The biggest quagmire of millennials’ lifetimes—our Vietnam, sans the draft—was aided along by Senator Joe Biden. Hillary Clinton lost in 2008 because of this vote, while Barack Obama made hay off his opposition to an immoral and illegal war. Joe Biden’s entire political career is proof that he has been behind the times every single step of the way, and there is no reason to believe that 2020 will be any different.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/politics/joe-biden/the-10-worst-things-joe-biden-has-done-in-his-poli/

Quote:

imachavel said:

1. Anita Hill Hearings

2. 1994 Crime Bill

Per Politico:

lol an people say trump is bad .the problem is biden voters can care less about what hes done or that his son is crooked meth head who will scam more people out of $$$$$$$.

Joe biden is crooked as hell an plays dirty an hes losing his minde an people dont hold him accountable for the wrongs he done. The news media treats joe biden like hes royalty.  He loves to avoid real hard hitting questions that need to be known.

Yeah ill gladly have trump as my president again at least i wont have to worry about his son spending tax payers $$$ on dope.

OfflineMach z 800
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26994013 - 10/20/20 06:35 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
The best thing is that he will win the election easily. Then it will be his turn to suck, but not nearly as bad. Then it will be Kamala Harris' turn to suck, but again a little less.

with bidens political track record your dreaming if you think him an AOC will do better than Trump 🤣😅. Hell they cant even get on same Paige an agree on things. Biden says one thing AOC says the opposite this will be a disaster waiting to happen.

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: Mach z 800]
    #26994022 - 10/20/20 06:49 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

You've got all levels of triggered covered this morning.

--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

I’m sorry it had to be me.

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: Mach z 800]
    #26994060 - 10/20/20 07:37 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mach z 800 said:
Quote:

Brian Jones said:

with bidens political track record your dreaming if you think him an AOC will do better than Trump 🤣😅. Hell they cant even get on same Paige an agree on things. Biden says one thing AOC says the opposite this will be a disaster waiting to happen.

Lol, you're confused.  AOC isn't running with Biden.

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26994063 - 10/20/20 07:41 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I assumed that he was intentionally calling Harris "AOC" as some sort of insult, but I suppose incompetence is a better explanation.

--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

#26994072 - 10/20/20 07:47 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I wonder who is winning the early voting? Apparently over 22 million Americans have already voted early. Hell I believe there have been elections where in the end count that was more then half the people who voted.

As far as I know the pandemic plan has not grown any stronger. Neither candidate is more prepared then the other. They have mostly argued over racism and economics. Jesus lord someone tell me this year a 3rd party candidate gets at least 2% of the votes and some large portion of people are proven to be smart enough then to vote between these two people.

What has the world learned from covid anyway? Nothing? Get sick and die. Don't take my job. Fuck you. China brought it. Black lives matter. All lives matter. If you don't support Trump you want to kill babies and take my guns. If you don't support Biden you ain't even black.

Does anyone have more of a plan of how to handle another disproportionate pandemic if China releases a brand new virus any more then they did with covid? Anyone? No?

:facepalm: I can't wait until this voting shit is over. Voting between two totally corrupt parties is just a representation of extreme ignorance. History repeats itself.

Every

Fucking

Time

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: imachavel] * 1
    #26994083 - 10/20/20 07:55 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Why would you expect history not to repeat itself?  Humans live 80-odd years.  Evolution takes millions of years.  You don't really think humans are going to fundamentally change enough in a couple of thousand years to significantly alter our way of addressing problems, do you?

--------------------

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26994085 - 10/20/20 07:57 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I voted two weeks ago. We are going to see unprecedented voter turnout.

When Biden is president I am going to be happy because I won't have to hear Trump's dumb shit speech patterns on a daily basis.

Also, all that shit about China releasing a virus is dumb. You should stop it.

--------------------

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: christopera]
    #26994086 - 10/20/20 07:57 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

christopera said:
I assumed that he was intentionally calling Harris "AOC" as some sort of insult, but I suppose incompetence is a better explanation.

Maybe intentional insult, maybe incompetence (such as thinking AOC was anacronym for Kamala Harris), or maybe AOC is so young, like a kid almost and Biden wants to smell her hair and stuff and then she'll be running the country.

--------------------

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26994105 - 10/20/20 08:08 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I mean, I want to smell AOC's hair too.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: christopera] * 1
    #26994210 - 10/20/20 09:27 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

christopera said:
I voted two weeks ago. We are going to see unprecedented voter turnout.

When Biden is president I am going to be happy because I won't have to hear Trump's dumb shit speech patterns on a daily basis.

Also, all that shit about China releasing a virus is dumb. You should stop it.

Yeah, returning to 100% Establishment rhetoric is going to be so refreshing. Either way, Biden is going to be a very useful tool for The Elite.  He's going to be the deliverer of bad news (spending cuts) and people are going to be much more accepting of it since it's not coming from Trump.

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: qman]
    #26994218 - 10/20/20 09:33 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Trump was the best tool ever created by the establishment and you voted for him.

--------------------

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#26994221 - 10/20/20 09:34 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26994225 - 10/20/20 09:36 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

My dad has been growing weed for 50 years.

mod edit: removed personal attack.

--------------------

Edited by Enlil (10/20/20 10:45 AM)

Offlineqman
Stranger

#26994301 - 10/20/20 10:44 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

christopera said:
Trump was the best tool ever created by the establishment and you voted for him.

It's an interesting theory that I have also entertained. The Establishment runs the most Anti-Establishment candidate to only sabotage his entire 4 years with baseless allegations involving Russia interfering in the election process. The point of it all?  Distract the population for 4 years and have the peasants still believe in the Democratic process.

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: qman] * 1
    #26994443 - 10/20/20 12:04 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

You're right about the hegemony of capitalism, but the "establishment" isn't all that united. It's just a lot of rich and powerful people who are all out for themselves.

--------------------

Offlineimachavel
Male User Gallery

#26994594 - 10/20/20 01:40 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Why would you expect history not to repeat itself?  Humans live 80-odd years.  Evolution takes millions of years.  You don't really think humans are going to fundamentally change enough in a couple of thousand years to significantly alter our way of addressing problems, do you?

I would only believe that if I believed people thought they controlled their own lives and did not need people to think for them. That would mean society as a whole acted like civilized adults not like a bunch of co dependent immature children. So no of course not to answer you.

Maybe in a few million more years. However, at this maturity level I don't know how humans as a whole will survive another thousand years or even another hundred years. Kind of amazed people got this far to be honest with you.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: Brian Jones] * 1
    #26995476 - 10/20/20 09:59 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
You're right about the hegemony of capitalism, but the "establishment" isn't all that united. It's just a lot of rich and powerful people who are all out for themselves.

Yes, their unification is based on staying rich at the expense of the working class. It's really not that complicated and the financial markets are there to guide them every step of the way.

The very rich own the exact same assets and therefore have the exact same motivations when it comes to the key issues. Many rich people just let their asset managers do all the dirty work and call it a day. The corporate lobbyists represent those interests whether The Elite know it or not.

The Establishment is the mechanism for The Elite and the system that makes it happen.

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: qman]
    #26995859 - 10/21/20 07:36 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

What's your take on the government going after big tech? They started with Google yesterday. I didn't expect this to happen until the Democrats took power. I assume they will do antitrust against all of the big four, which have been the drivers of recent stock market gains.

--------------------

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

#26995964 - 10/21/20 08:59 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I think Google apple and Facebook get reigned in. Amazon maybe gets restructured somehow and Microsoft slips the net.

OfflineDoobie Brother
Lab Tech
 User Gallery

#26996054 - 10/21/20 10:00 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

budmanman said:
He hasn't really started any new wars so that is a step in the right direction at least.

And that makes him competent ????  I knew he lowered the bar, but come on!

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: Brian Jones] * 1
    #26996213 - 10/21/20 11:23 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
What's your take on the government going after big tech? They started with Google yesterday. I didn't expect this to happen until the Democrats took power. I assume they will do antitrust against all of the big four, which have been the drivers of recent stock market gains.

Big Tech isn't stupid and they know they need to have the appearance that they're not monopolies and government is a separate entity from multi-trillion dollar global corporations. At the end of the day, I highly doubt much is really going to change in that sector of the economy. Skeptics have been warning them about this outcome for over a decade and still nothing had been done. Corporations run and are the government today, I don't see anything changing that reality.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26996358 - 10/21/20 12:59 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:

If I had to guess, the current government administration needs a favor.

Quote:

imachavel said:
As far as I know the pandemic plan has not grown any stronger. Neither candidate is more prepared then the other. They have mostly argued over racism and economics. Jesus lord someone tell me this year a 3rd party candidate gets at least 2% of the votes and some large portion of people are proven to be smart enough then to vote between these two people.

What has the world learned from covid anyway? Nothing? Get sick and die. Don't take my job. Fuck you. China brought it. Black lives matter. All lives matter. If you don't support Trump you want to kill babies and take my guns. If you don't support Biden you ain't even black.

Does anyone have more of a plan of how to handle another disproportionate pandemic if China releases a brand new virus any more then they did with covid? Anyone? No?

World has learned quite a bit about covid. Most of the world has actually moved on from covid, and China is back to growth. The US is a disease-ridden shithole rules by an orange painted baboon, but that's pretty well contained by the quarantine in place against the US. That's the thing: diseases aren't particularly smart, or cunning. Viruses don't have the brain power required to outfox the average person. It just happens that the leader of the US is so far down the bell curve that he may well be less intelligent than a virus. A thing that smart people can't decide is alive or not.

The pandemic plan doesn't really need to be that strong. It's a pretty simple plan, actually. Keep medical supplies on hand, close down non-essential travel, and let the doctors and epidemiologists handle the specifics. Of course, Mr. orange shit-flinger decided that he could save a few bucks by getting rid of the pandemic plan entirely, and here we are.

Edited by Kryptos (10/21/20 01:08 PM)

OfflineSTPLSD25
Shaman
Male User Gallery

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: Kryptos] * 1
    #26999513 - 10/23/20 11:05 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

1: He's not Trump

2: He's showed support for ending the drug war

3: He will do more for the environment than Trump

4... Actually, 4-10: He's not Trump

Here's what I don't like about Trump: Pro torture, pro police brutality, fancies himself a dictator, wants to Nuke hurricanes, racist, childish, chauvinist, against a free press, and he openly supports the drug war...

I don't like Biden, I'm an Anarchist... But Trump, is an absolutely disgusting excuse for a human being, let alone someone in any position of power. Trump doesn't understand struggle, or empathy or basic human emotions. He is likely a low-functioning sociopath, charming his supporters into seeing something in the black holes he calls "eyes." 

--------------------
"The State is a soulless machine, it can never be weaned from violence to which it owes its very existence"." ~Mahatma Ghandi

“It is through separation that you will win: no representatives, and no candidates!”
― Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: In you opinion, what are the 10 best things about Biden. [Re: STPLSD25] * 1
    #26999548 - 10/23/20 11:25 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Biden isn’t Kim Jong Un’s cuck.

That’s pretty sweet.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order