Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineverum subsequentis
seeker of truth
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: an answer that turned into a thread... slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: Johnny51v3]
    #26554018 - 03/23/20 09:06 PM (4 years, 24 days ago)

Nice dongs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemonkey_accident
fail now learn later

Loc: im here, bro
Re: an answer that turned into a thread... slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #26558990 - 03/26/20 11:27 AM (4 years, 21 days ago)

Nice write up man, straight to the point.

--------------------
helpful links
my FH build

OfflineMLPismyOPSEC
That One Ponyfucker
I'm a teapot

Loc: Equestria? Mordor? Wester... Flag
Re: an answer that turned into a thread... slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: monkey_accident]
    #26622718 - 04/23/20 03:46 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Anecdotal evidence, obviously try your own experiments BUT wanted to add some info! Whenever i pour plates, i get no less than 25 plates from 500mL agar, usually between 25 and 30. I don't think i've ever poured just 20 plates from 500mL, so they are on the thin side. Kept some plates around from July of last year, and September. They were wrapped with Glad ClingWrap, left on a shelf at room temp, upwrapped/opened for transfers twice.  Transferred them both the other day (April) and they both grew just fine! SO that means that even thin-poured plates should/will last 9 months, easily 6 months+ wrapped at room temp. If they were in a fridge, i would expect even longer, that's the next experiment!

Donor plates on the left, new plates on right, for visual aid of how thin they are. Obviously they could be thinner, but i certainly wouldn't call them thick.

[For clarity; that reads 09/25/19 -> 4/14/20 and 07/16/20 -> 4/13/20, goes without saying but ignore the fact that i transferred purely trich aspergillus niger :lol:]

Edited by MLPismyOPSEC (04/24/20 07:03 PM)

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: an answer that turned into a post. slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... *DELETED* [Re: MLPismyOPSEC]
    #26623576 - 04/23/20 10:28 PM (3 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by thelanzii

Reason for deletion: zxzx

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
Re: an answer that turned into a post. slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: thelanzii] * 1
    #26624446 - 04/24/20 10:59 AM (3 years, 11 months ago)

my tests indicate that very thin plates last a good three months, medium plates at least six and thick plates over a year. All these time lengths are probably shorter than they need to be. That's just how long I've let them go and had success.

OfflineLaffy Taffy
Stranger
Re: an answer that turned into a thread... slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #26730225 - 06/08/20 11:02 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Excellent information here good sir! :smile:

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
Re: an answer that turned into a thread... slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: Laffy Taffy]
    #26747275 - 06/15/20 06:34 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

:goodday:

Invisiblebare.whiterabbit
Lapin Blanc

Loc: The Microwave Flag
Re: an answer that turned into a post. slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: iSMOKErocks]
    #26810928 - 07/08/20 12:31 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

iSMOKErocks said:
Quote:

verum subsequentis said:

Yo you planning to rob a spore bank or something?!

This tools is fucking awesome !

Found a supplier here in Canada offering the 5ml version for $320. Most definitely going to be my next investment. It's autoclave, so you can have it and the LC jar clean as a whistle for when you transfer your specimen and to have a Quart or more of LC on a gun ready to bang out 200 grain jars would be fucking amazing!

Thank you so much for this man, I'm always looking for the easiest and best way to do shit :mushroom2:

Now if I could just figure out how to rig up a claw-game machine, to pick my fruits for me, I'd be all set!

--------------------

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
Re: an answer that turned into a post. slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: bare.whiterabbit]
    #26817196 - 07/11/20 12:13 PM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Those exist. YouTube automated broccoli harvester.

Lapin Blanc

Re: an answer that turned into a post. slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: verum subsequentis]
    #26824810 - 07/15/20 10:01 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

verum subsequentis said:
Those exist. YouTube automated broccoli harvester.

:eek::bow2:

--------------------

OnlineZakkery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: an answer that turned into a post. slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: bare.whiterabbit]
    #26826351 - 07/16/20 05:27 AM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Glad this has been bumped. Solid read :takingnotes:

OfflineLuminous7

Re: an answer that turned into a post. slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: Zakkery]
    #26827649 - 07/16/20 07:03 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

So this socorex automatic refilling syringe.

Did you modify it to attach to the bottom of the jar like that with the hose?

Then just sterilize the whole gun assembly attached to the jar of Nutrient water, take out of pc, inoculate the jar. WHen the culture has expanded enough you then just wipe the whole gun / jar assembly with alc. then shoot up your grains like a mad man?

This is amazing , i would love to see how you modified the hose onto the jar ( if you modified it)

Can you buy them with the hose attached to a jar already ?

I think im guna be getting one of these because I hate drawing from an LC more than once. This seems to take that out of the question as you dont have to keep opening the lc and drawing from it, just use it all in one go or store in fridge til use again?

Amazing :cheers:

--------------------

Lapin Blanc

Re: an answer that turned into a post. slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: Luminous7]
    #26827835 - 07/16/20 09:04 PM (3 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Luminous7 said:
So this socorex automatic refilling syringe.

Did you modify it to attach to the bottom of the jar like that with the hose?

Then just sterilize the whole gun assembly attached to the jar of Nutrient water, take out of pc, inoculate the jar. WHen the culture has expanded enough you then just wipe the whole gun / jar assembly with alc. then shoot up your grains like a mad man?

This is amazing , i would love to see how you modified the hose onto the jar ( if you modified it)

Can you buy them with the hose attached to a jar already ?

I think im guna be getting one of these because I hate drawing from an LC more than once. This seems to take that out of the question as you dont have to keep opening the lc and drawing from it, just use it all in one go or store in fridge til use again?

Amazing :cheers:

You could probably just wrap the gun and most of the hose in foil before PC and then inoculate the whole thing in your SAB, wait for it to grow and then when you unwrap it, the gun should be clean. You could leave the jar of LC outside the clean box or off to the side of your hood and just have the gun in there ready to go.

You can buy glass cutting bits that will drill through the jar and then run the hose and RTV it to attach it :super:

This is what I'll be doing at least, because like you I hate the work involved with using an LC jar over and over and not knowing if it's gone to shit. Your only real risk here is during your inoculation.

There are cheaper versions of this on amazon and other places, but this is the only one from what I can tell, that has the borosilicate glass chamber and can be autoclaved.

--------------------

Offlineempty_files
universelover
Male User Gallery
Loc: Quebec Flag
    #26966590 - 10/02/20 07:47 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

very intresting tanks

--------------------
Soy yo solo yo

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
Re: an answer that turned into a thread... slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: empty_files]
    #26966799 - 10/03/20 12:21 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

you're welcome fren

OfflineSlushrooms
Stranger
    #26966955 - 10/03/20 04:49 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Whats the purpose of the wooden stick in the slant?

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
Re: an answer that turned into a thread... slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: Slushrooms]
    #26967416 - 10/03/20 11:09 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Longevity

OfflineSlushrooms
Stranger
    #26967694 - 10/03/20 02:01 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Carbon source? Moisture balance? Both?

seeker of truth

Trusted Cultivator
Re: an answer that turned into a thread... slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.... [Re: Slushrooms]
    #26967774 - 10/03/20 03:14 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I read about it back in the day but never really tried to wrap my noodle around it. My thinking and memory suggest that it's something that will dry out much much more slowly. So, in the event that you don't check on your slants for a good long while and find them all old and fucky, you can pull out that stick and harvest some still living and healthy myc.

OfflineDive_Deep
hurry up and wait

Loc: The Shire
    #26969343 - 10/04/20 03:46 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Fantastic thank you! Getting ready to finally start with agar and isolation's this is very informative.

--------------------
Don't let them tell you what you what's right.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale