Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]
InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, WA Flag
(SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT
    #26964976 - 10/02/20 12:09 AM (20 days, 3 hours ago)

Serious discussion. When the Covid-19 vaccine comes out, why would you or why would you not take it. This thread can include conspiracy theories backing your opinion.
Would you take the vaccine
You may choose only one
Of course!
No way in hell!
Undecided

Votes accepted from (10/02/20 12:09 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Edited by Saul Ptamets (10/02/20 01:10 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBANANA.MAN
Heely rider
Male
Loc: Ontario Canada
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Saul Ptamets] * 1
    #26964991 - 10/02/20 12:15 AM (20 days, 3 hours ago)

thats a little vague. If it was released by China or something then no lol. if it was developed in a western country and was proven to be safe and effective then yes.

--------------------

thefakesunra said:
"Be honest. Which one of us do you figure has a higher IQ?"

ShadeOfDeepPurple said:
"I know more than him about 2C-B" 

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: BANANA.MAN]
    #26964993 - 10/02/20 12:17 AM (20 days, 3 hours ago)

I made it vague as it gives more room for discussion. Why wouldn't u take it if china made it?

OfflineBANANA.MAN
Heely rider
Male
Loc: Ontario Canada
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Saul Ptamets] * 1
    #26965003 - 10/02/20 12:23 AM (20 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

Saul Ptamets said:
I made it vague as it gives more room for discussion. Why wouldn't u take it if china made it?

because China is run by a horrible regime that 1. took wildly counterproductive measures at the start of the pandemic, was completely dishonest and possibly persecuted people who were trying to raise awareness of it, 2. would probably like to see western countries damaged, 3. cant even keep its own citizens fed enough to keep them out of the bat section of the live animal market and is just horrible in many, many ways.

--------------------

thefakesunra said:
"Be honest. Which one of us do you figure has a higher IQ?"

ShadeOfDeepPurple said:
"I know more than him about 2C-B" 

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Roke
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: BANANA.MAN] * 2
    #26965024 - 10/02/20 12:33 AM (20 days, 3 hours ago)

The circumstance matter a lot, if it was backed by lots of research and trials (not gonna happen in such a short time frame) I would, but if it was pushed out for political reasons (which would be the only likely case this early) I absolutely would wait

In principle though, pro vaccine

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Ezuma]
    #26965070 - 10/02/20 01:05 AM (20 days, 2 hours ago)

Thats what im thinking is gonna happen. It will most likely be rushed, if not, it will be a LONG time

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Saul Ptamets]
    #26965850 - 10/02/20 01:32 PM (19 days, 14 hours ago)

Quote:

Saul Ptamets said:
Thats what im thinking is gonna happen. It will most likely be rushed, if not, it will be a LONG time

definitely, in my country I don't think they will rush it -they've pretty well said expect to wait a year or two for a fully tested vaccine- but in places like Russia or the USA (potentially) I could see some shady vaccine get rushed out. It might still be overall beneficial even then -could get lucky- but somehow 'luck' doesn't seem to be with us this year

Offlineviraldrome
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26965879 - 10/02/20 01:53 PM (19 days, 13 hours ago)

Only if it is boof-able

--------------------

Offlinefeevers
Wanderer
Male

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: viraldrome]
    #26965946 - 10/02/20 02:32 PM (19 days, 13 hours ago)

I'm going to be working at a hospital in a couple months, so I'll be required to get jabbed with whatever comes out as soon as it's available.

I'm really not that worried, vaccine safety has grown tremendously and they're likely being super cautious with the ingredient choice since it will be so widely distributed. Unless Trump unloads some bargain bin versions from russia or china on us, then I'll be a little concerned.

If I had a choice, I'd read all the literature about the vaccine and the trials and make the decision based on that. Living with someone who's highly at risk, my life is incredibly limited right now. I'd take a measured risk to be able to get some freedom back.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: feevers]
    #26966267 - 10/02/20 05:34 PM (19 days, 10 hours ago)

Dunno. I don't know what the worst case scenario of taking a poorly made vaccine could be.

If I did, I wouldn't change my behavior. mask, hand sanitizer, social distancing, etc...

Offlinespirit_shadow
I am sofa king
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #26966306 - 10/02/20 05:48 PM (19 days, 9 hours ago)

:no:

--------------------
kaleidoscope eyes, watch as I dematerialize...(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

OfflineMandarinfish
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #26966322 - 10/02/20 05:57 PM (19 days, 9 hours ago)

No, let everybody else take it. If they are cured then you won't catch it from them. Like vaccines will fix this.  :laugh2:

OnlineNortherner
FSM acolyte
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Mandarinfish]
    #26966340 - 10/02/20 06:04 PM (19 days, 9 hours ago)

There's no way a vaccine could be proven safe yet, there's just not enough time in human trials.

Remember thalidomide? That's what happens when you rush this shit.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

OfflineTaylorj18
Bo$$
Female User Gallery

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Northerner]
    #26966344 - 10/02/20 06:05 PM (19 days, 9 hours ago)

Hell no

OnlineNortherner
FSM acolyte
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Mandarinfish] * 3
    #26966354 - 10/02/20 06:10 PM (19 days, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

Mandarinfish said:
No, let everybody else take it. If they are cured then you won't catch it from them.

This is the same lack of understanding about vaccine mechanism that is letting us see a surge in measles and rubella and other shit that was almost extinct.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
    #26966445 - 10/02/20 07:09 PM (19 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

Saul Ptamets said:

Rushed by who? It's not going to help the GOP at this point.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26968328 - 10/03/20 11:09 PM (18 days, 4 hours ago)

rushed by the people who are making the vaccine, rush through trials and things of those sorts

OfflineIce9
Benzo Enthusiast

Loc: daterapeville,USA
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Northerner]
    #26968406 - 10/04/20 01:22 AM (18 days, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

Northerner said:
Quote:

Mandarinfish said:
No, let everybody else take it. If they are cured then you won't catch it from them.

This is the same lack of understanding about vaccine mechanism that is letting us see a surge in measles and rubella and other shit that was almost extinct.

Yeah, I like to call those people fuck faces.  I am, for one reason or another, unable to seroconvert measles vaccine into any type of immunity.  I haver had 5 MMR shots and 5 custom Measles only shots... no sign of antibodies in my system to measles.  These people put my health at direct risk, therefore if someone mentions the don't have MMR vaccine in convo I will put there health in direct risk by body shotting them in the solar plexus. Hard.

--------------------
Regarding Benzodiaepines: "They are a recreational drug, and being one doesn't exclude it's potential as a medicine." Yukon Cornelius

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Ice9]
    #26968437 - 10/04/20 01:58 AM (18 days, 1 hour ago)

Can u explain to me how that would not work. I don't know much about herd immunity and stuff like that

InvisibleMagicman69
All About the Benjamins
Male

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Saul Ptamets] * 2
    #26968509 - 10/04/20 04:45 AM (17 days, 23 hours ago)

No because I'm not scared of COVID at all. I'd IV COVID into my jugular before trying a vaccine made this quickly with no history of use.

Offlinespirit_shadow
I am sofa king

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Ice9] * 1
    #26968830 - 10/04/20 10:58 AM (17 days, 16 hours ago)

All the people that get the 1st round of vaccines WILL BE the long term human trials....I will not be one of those people. If my body cant fight it off then my body does not deserve to be here.

--------------------
kaleidoscope eyes, watch as I dematerialize...(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: spirit_shadow] * 3
    #26968943 - 10/04/20 12:18 PM (17 days, 15 hours ago)

Quote:

spirit_shadow said:
All the people that get the 1st round of vaccines WILL BE the long term human trials....I will not be one of those people. If my body cant fight it off then my body does not deserve to be here.

This is just an absurdly poor risk assessment. Your chance of having a bad outcome from a vaccine, even a poorly vetted one is orders of magnitude lower than the chance of having a bad outcome from covid.

I really don’t understand a group of people who will consume drugs of unknown provenance and purity yet would be wary of taking the safest type of medication in existence.

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: koods]
    #26968986 - 10/04/20 12:50 PM (17 days, 14 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

spirit_shadow said:

This is just an absurdly poor risk assessment. Your chance of having a bad outcome from a vaccine, even a poorly vetted one is orders of magnitude lower than the chance of having a bad outcome from covid.

I really don’t understand a group of people who will consume drugs of unknown provenance and purity yet would be wary of taking the safest type of medication in existence.

many people's 'common sense' is derived more from movies than from any knowledge base, heck I've seen I am Legend, I know what vaccines will do! :eek:

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
    #26969038 - 10/04/20 01:28 PM (17 days, 14 hours ago)

My concern would be that the vaccine was not as effective as anticipated. I have no fear that taking it would seriously harm me, same as every other vaccine.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Offlinelifeiswhatyoumake
no justice no peace
Male User Gallery

#26969046 - 10/04/20 01:35 PM (17 days, 14 hours ago)

If the USA released a vaccine today then no, I would not take it. Why?  Because I wouldn't trust the vaccine because it would have been fast-tracked through the whole process to appease Trump's base.  It would be more symbolic than functional; might even cause harm to those who take an untested vaccine.

--------------------
:nyan: :nyan: :nyan: Check out my new trance track called "Secret Smile": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIidG25B3BU&feature=youtu.be :musicnote::musicnote:

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Magicman69]
    #26969082 - 10/04/20 02:10 PM (17 days, 13 hours ago)

Quote:

Magicman69 said:
No because I'm not scared of COVID at all. I'd IV COVID into my jugular before trying a vaccine made this quickly with no history of use.

Same. I have had bad reactions to vaccines in the past, so I no longer take vaccines, especially not a rushed vaccine.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

OfflinePeyote Road
Stranger
Male
Loc: Great Lakes State
    #26969096 - 10/04/20 02:19 PM (17 days, 13 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

spirit_shadow said:

Vaccines are not the safest type of medication in existence, not a long shot. I know a guy who is now in a wheelchair after a bad reaction to a tdap vaccine.

Furthermore, it is my experiences with drugs, including pharmaceuticals, which have taught how harmful they can be and why it's a good idea to avoid unnecessary drugging. The fact that for example, benzodiazepines, are still widely prescribed despite there being decades worth of evidence that can cause severe protracted illness upon withdrawal (which many doctors still deny) should tell you all you need to know about the pharmaceutical industry and the poisons they peddle.

--------------------
The path of the herbalist is to open ourselves to nature in an innocent and pure way. SHe in turn will open her bounty and reward us with many valuable secrets. May the earth bless you. - Michael Tierra

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

#26969113 - 10/04/20 02:33 PM (17 days, 13 hours ago)

ide rather just let someone give me covid

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

#26969180 - 10/04/20 03:10 PM (17 days, 12 hours ago)

Quote:

Saul Ptamets said:
ide rather just let someone give me covid

you can easily arrange that I'm sure.

OfflineThe Blind Ass
Love affair with reality

Loc: DS9
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Ezuma] * 2
    #26969222 - 10/04/20 03:28 PM (17 days, 12 hours ago)

I took the vaccine and it turned me into a gay frog, but now I’m immune to covid19 and female frogs.

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps - or - give me death caps

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

#26969232 - 10/04/20 03:31 PM (17 days, 12 hours ago)

Its called a covid party haha. Everyone get together and start coughing!

Edited by Saul Ptamets (10/04/20 03:40 PM)

OfflineThe Blind Ass
Love affair with reality

#26969244 - 10/04/20 03:35 PM (17 days, 12 hours ago)

tehehe!

:fangirl:  :crystalg:

--------------------

Offlinespirit_shadow
I am sofa king

#26969296 - 10/04/20 04:09 PM (17 days, 11 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

spirit_shadow said:

Ok you take it first :ruggedwink:

Edit: I have STRONG goals. I can control whether I am around covid or not. I can not control whether I have a bad reaction to a vaccine or not :p

--------------------
Ban lotto

Edited by spirit_shadow (10/04/20 04:11 PM)

OfflinetheRealrollforever
Selfproclaimedwizard
 User Gallery

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #26969302 - 10/04/20 04:12 PM (17 days, 11 hours ago)

No I wont take a vaccine developed due to hysteria.  I would eventually if covid stsys s problem fir years and years and more testing was done

--------------------
:wizard: :wizard:
sunshine said:
The order has to be secret and no one is sure.

OfflineNear Dylan
Shitpost Artist

#26969309 - 10/04/20 04:17 PM (17 days, 11 hours ago)

Nah. I hate needles

--------------------

Offlinepineboy13
Stranger

Loc: texas Flag
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Near Dylan]
    #26970139 - 10/05/20 06:06 AM (16 days, 21 hours ago)

Nope, untill pharma accepts liability for damage done, I don't need it.

Offlinegreenladel
Stranger

#26970149 - 10/05/20 06:31 AM (16 days, 21 hours ago)

Quote:

These people put my health at direct risk, therefore if someone mentions the don't have MMR vaccine in convo I will put there health in direct risk by body shotting them in the solar plexus. Hard.

this mindset seems to be everywhere. sums up humans pretty well i think.

Invisiblequietroom
mudbug
Other

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: greenladel] * 2
    #26970739 - 10/05/20 03:40 PM (16 days, 12 hours ago)

If safety and efficacy could be proven, then sure. But I doubt those could be proven with only 9 months of serious study (worldwide, I mean).

--------------------
[quote]There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.[/quote] --Epictetus

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: greenladel]
    #26976115 - 10/08/20 09:39 PM (13 days, 6 hours ago)

Quote:

greenladel said:
Quote:

These people put my health at direct risk, therefore if someone mentions the don't have MMR vaccine in convo I will put there health in direct risk by body shotting them in the solar plexus. Hard.

this mindset seems to be everywhere. sums up humans pretty well i think.

Yea,  "you don't believe in doing what I believe in doing, I'm gonna harm you"

InvisiblePsicomvb
Enjoying the ride
Male User Gallery

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Saul Ptamets] * 2
    #26976160 - 10/08/20 10:14 PM (13 days, 5 hours ago)

Maybe my perception is off but I see folks eatin Mickey Ds n smoking cigarettes n drink/get high constantly n then declare they'll never try a vaccine cuz they are worried about their health; it's weird. I dunno why the vaccine seems THAT crazy to people as long as there is serious transparency about known risks and everything.

I probably will get one if I don't hear a bunch of bad shit about it initially.

Offlinespirit_shadow
I am sofa king

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Psicomvb]
    #26976194 - 10/08/20 10:41 PM (13 days, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

Psicomvb said:
Maybe my perception is off but I see folks eatin Mickey Ds n smoking cigarettes n drink/get high constantly n then declare they'll never try a vaccine cuz they are worried about their health; it's weird. I dunno why the vaccine seems THAT crazy to people as long as there is serious transparency about known risks and everything.

I probably will get one if I don't hear a bunch of bad shit about it initially.

That is a very good point, but I do not fall into that category. I actually eat and drink healthy(in my teens I did not tho :shrug:)

--------------------
Ban lotto

InvisiblePsicomvb
Enjoying the ride
Male User Gallery

#26976200 - 10/08/20 10:46 PM (13 days, 5 hours ago)

That's awesome :smile: I eat healthy 50% of the time haha. I dont wanna sound like I am being critical of the hypocrisy, I know I am guilty of not being mindful of my health as well, but yeah I think people have a really doom n gloom outlook on this vaccine.  I honestly believe it would be safer than not to take it, mainly to avoid spreading it unknowingly to vulnerable folks

Offlinespirit_shadow
I am sofa king

#26976204 - 10/08/20 10:49 PM (13 days, 4 hours ago)

I'm all for progress. I just dont want to be the first one to test it out is all :ruggedwink:

--------------------
Ban lotto

Offlineemzy
Stranger
Male
Loc: Flag
    #26976214 - 10/08/20 10:54 PM (13 days, 4 hours ago)

No way not a chance, i dont trust big pharma on a good day as they are only intersted in making a shit tonne of money and making sure they have repeat customers which = sick people. They have place forsure and not everthing they do is negative but there's allot they turn a blind eye to because its convenient to do so and best for the bottom line PLUS
The prospects of vacinating virtually the entire globe is the mother of all jackpots for those guys so ensuring fear and panic around covid remains is only driven by greed.

They cannot even come up with a flu vacinnee that is full proof, covid has shown to mutate similar to the flu so how will they keep up with the mutations.

Then there is the possibility that some little ticking time bomb is deliberately inserted in a portion if the vaccines that could trigger cancer or some debilitating disease in the future to keep the population in control and meanwhile make sure your a "repeat customer" in the process.

Just my opinion, like areseholes everyones got one.

Offlinegreenladel
Stranger

#26977926 - 10/10/20 04:47 AM (11 days, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

Psicomvb said:
as long as there is serious transparency about known risks and everything.

this is exactly why nobody wants it

OfflineLeningradCowboy
Yes, my name is you?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Siperia underground
    #26977949 - 10/10/20 05:41 AM (11 days, 22 hours ago)

No frigging way.

I have two cases in my close circle were vaccines caused problems. 1 narcolepsia case from whineflu shot for kid. One case were influenza shot killed elder man.

These are both confirmed cases, not wrapped in tinfoil and viewed through conspiracy lenses.

Trying to make influenza shot is based on the guess how the virus is going to mutate for next year. Influenzas are caused by coronavirus of different type. Good luck with develobing working vaccine for it. And you would have to get new one every year, with out knowing does it actually work this season.

I´m Waiting for my countrys response on this thing because im in the field of healthcare and do not want any laws stating that everybody working on that field has to get shot.

--------------------
From tundra with love!

InvisiblePsicomvb
Enjoying the ride
Male User Gallery

#26978049 - 10/10/20 08:08 AM (11 days, 19 hours ago)

Quote:

greenladel said:
Quote:

Psicomvb said:

Want to elaborate? Has there been issues with it during testing that show it I'd dangerous? Does it have anything known to be harmful to humans in it?

Genuinely curious as I havent heard much about the dangers.

I understand that we can never know all the dangers but what are the red flags about the vaccine other than people being a bit paranoid?

Offlinegreenladel
Stranger

#26978111 - 10/10/20 09:08 AM (11 days, 18 hours ago)

Quote:

Psicomvb said:
Want to elaborate? Has there been issues with it during testing that show it I'd dangerous? Does it have anything known to be harmful to humans in it?

I understand that we can never know all the dangers but what are the red flags about the vaccine other than people being a bit paranoid?

it is better to stay on the cautious side when it comes to injecting foreign substances into your body. if you do not fully know what it is and what it will do then it is safe to say one would be an idiot to take it.

some will argue that the government can be trusted. i would strongly disagree, given human history, and encourage those people to do some unbiased research on the things governments and drug manufacturers have done in the past.
from my experience neither of those organisations can be trusted to be open and honest about risks involved. maybe i am paranoid, but if i am then that paranoia came after a younger version of me who thought the government could do no wrong decided to go and do my own research.

i am not anti-vaxx, but most vaccines do more damage than good.

InvisiblePsicomvb
Enjoying the ride
Male User Gallery

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT *DELETED* [Re: greenladel]
    #26978113 - 10/10/20 09:11 AM (11 days, 18 hours ago)

Post deleted by Psicomvb

Reason for deletion: Accidentally repeated

InvisiblePsicomvb
Enjoying the ride
Male User Gallery

#26978130 - 10/10/20 09:20 AM (11 days, 18 hours ago)

The government and a bunch of scientists studying the effects of the drug independently are very different animals. I trust one more than the other.  There are things called informed decisions man, it doesnt have to be an all or nothing thing.

Throwing blanket statements over meds and vaccines and treatments is a bit much.

Quote:

greenladel said:
i am not anti-vaxx, but most vaccines do more damage than good.

I completely disagree.  Can you prove that?  There is a whole lot of evidence to the contrary.

With than said I am sincerely sorry for your losses Leningrad and I wont pretend to know everything so I dont doubt that those are real situations

Offlinegreenladel
Stranger

#26978131 - 10/10/20 09:23 AM (11 days, 18 hours ago)

Quote:

Psicomvb said:
The government and a bunch of scientists studying the effects of the drug independently are very different animals.  There are things called informed decisions man, it doesnt have to be an all or nothing thing.

Throwing blanket statements over meds and vaccines and treatments is a bit much.

i agree they are different animals, but they tend to work hand in hand. scientists want money. did you notice how many scientists jumped up to "help" figure out a cure? do you really think they did that to help mankind? or could it be that they were financially driven with a long term goal?
people who act for money do not care about the consequences of their actions and there are plenty of examples around of corrupt scientists, doctors, etc.

as for "all or nothing" and "blanket statement". those were both redundant statements if you read to the end of my post. i am not anti-vaxx, just pro information.

i can see where this is going, but i am not going to go into a debate over it. all i want to say is that governments, scientists, doctors, etc cannot be trusted. if you dont believe me then fine, go ahead and trust them, you are free to do that as long as you do not want to force others to make the same mistake, those people are the worst of humanity.

InvisiblePsicomvb
Enjoying the ride
Male User Gallery

#26978135 - 10/10/20 09:24 AM (11 days, 18 hours ago)

Doctors and scientists cant be trusted?  Aiight dude.

Just use your brain a little and you'll be fine.

Do you eat fast food or take drugs? Do you apply this paranoid logic to all aspects of your life?

Edited by Psicomvb (10/10/20 09:26 AM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26978138 - 10/10/20 09:28 AM (11 days, 18 hours ago)

InvisiblePsicomvb
Enjoying the ride
Male User Gallery

#26978141 - 10/10/20 09:30 AM (11 days, 18 hours ago)

Thanks for posting that.  Interesting read.  Doesnt sound good

Offlinegreenladel
Stranger

#26978145 - 10/10/20 09:33 AM (11 days, 18 hours ago)

Quote:

Psicomvb said:
Doctors and scientists cant be trusted?  Aiight dude.

Just use your brain a little and you'll be fine.

Do you eat fast food or take drugs? Do you apply this paranoid logic to all aspects of your life?

ah here we go. how did i know we were going to end up here, i wonder? :facepalm:

no, i do not eat fast food. and yes, i take drugs. as i said, i am not anti-vaxx not all drugs are the same, each drug has its own properties, otherwise we could just take ibuprofen to get rid of covid, no?

no need to get angry with me. as i said, you are free to do as you please as long as you are not forcing your opinions to affect other peoples lives.
good luck out there brother <3

Offlinegreenladel
Stranger

#26978147 - 10/10/20 09:34 AM (11 days, 18 hours ago)

Quote:

Psicomvb said:
Thanks for posting that.  Interesting read.  Doesnt sound good

you read and verified all that in less than 1 minute 32 seconds? :grin:

InvisiblePsicomvb
Enjoying the ride
Male User Gallery

#26978152 - 10/10/20 09:39 AM (11 days, 18 hours ago)

You're right, I reacted over the top.

To assume we will know the effects of everything, especially in a situation like this, is obviously naive.  I worry about a lack of vaccination leading to old and vulnerable people dying unnecessarily early deaths. When I hear examples, like swine flu vaccine, the death rates from the vaccine were a fraction from estimated Covid death rates. I think the article BabyHitler posted said 3 people out of 100,000?  Also whatever that syndrome people developed (gulien barre or however it is spelled) happened in like 0.00001% of those vaccinated. 

Different vaccines obviously but if that is our "bad" example for vaccines then I dont see why everyone is freaking out.  That isnt a terribly high risk.

I skimmed the article and responded to Hitler and then went back and read it a little more thoroughly. Sue me, I read quick and am sitting on my ass on my phone lol

Edited by Psicomvb (10/10/20 09:53 AM)

OfflineThe Blind Ass
Love affair with reality

#26978153 - 10/10/20 09:40 AM (11 days, 18 hours ago)

:lol:

You are all hilarious.

--------------------

Offlinegreenladel
Stranger

#26978180 - 10/10/20 10:10 AM (11 days, 17 hours ago)

Quote:

Psicomvb said:
You're right, I reacted over the top.

To assume we will know the effects of everything, especially in a situation like this, is obviously naive.  I worry about a lack of vaccination leading to old and vulnerable people dying unnecessarily early deaths. When I hear examples, like swine flu vaccine, the death rates from the vaccine were a fraction from estimated Covid death rates. I think the article BabyHitler posted said 3 people out of 100,000?

Different vaccines obviously but if that is our "bad" example for vaccines then I dont see why everyone is freaking out.  That isnt a terribly high risk.

I skimmed the article and responded to Hitler and then went back and read it a little more thoroughly. Sue me, I read quick and am sitting on my ass on my phone lol

thats the problem, we need all the information, which we never get until enough people have decided to blindly trust the doctors and scientists (and government for allowing it).
the world is a dark and corrupt place. almost everybody is out to make a buck, including doctors and scientists. they rush this stuff out to get their precious little patent and become mil/billionaires. a lot of statistics and information is destroyed and hidden along the way, but i understand that makes me sound like a paranoid, tin-foil hat wearer. i cant convince anybody that this stuff is happening, they have to discover it for themselves.

that said, there are good people out there, and it may be that a genuinely good hearted scientist develops a vaccine that actually works without negative effects, but somebody still needs to be the first person to test that, then we need to 100% trust with all our heart what the supposed results of that are.
i will take my chances with 0.06% chance of dying from covid, but like i said, others can go ahead, somebody has to trust them so the rest of us know what to expect.

OfflineLeningradCowboy
Yes, my name is you?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Siperia underground
    #26984459 - 10/14/20 04:33 AM (7 days, 23 hours ago)

If vaccine becomes out before march it means that there has been time cutted out from it.
Cutting corners during medical trials is not safe!
Phase 3 of clinical vaccine trials should last at least 1 year!

Every vaccine that is pushed to markets before march has cutted corners in clinical trials!

And please dont belive me but dig the info by your self.

--------------------
From tundra with love!

InvisibleWarrk
 User Gallery

#26984483 - 10/14/20 05:22 AM (7 days, 22 hours ago)

I would take it. I was even considering doing the clinical trial and to become a human guinea pig for the sake of science and humanity.

OfflineRob864guy
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Warrk]
    #26987461 - 10/15/20 06:52 PM (6 days, 8 hours ago)

Nope, no way in hell! I don't like needles, I really don't like needles. I will slash anyone who tries to stick me with a needle. It's flat out not happening.

We are all going to die one day, I survived 3 car accidents and a helicopter crash, I'm going to be just fine without an injection of some mystery fluid. Especially when the manufacturer of said vaccine is immune to any lawsuits in the event of a fuck up.

--------------------
There's enough poop in my pants for two... not really though.

OfflineOutsideOfMyMind
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Rob864guy]
    #26987731 - 10/15/20 11:21 PM (6 days, 4 hours ago)

Hell no. Nobody even knows where this damn virus came from, whether it was manufactured in a lab in some sort of way, and it is a huge global game of cat-and-mouse that is worse than the infection rates of very fast infecting STDs. I've got my 3m half face mask respirator.

InvisibleTulipslave
Homo sapiens sapiens, lol

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: OutsideOfMyMind]
    #26988360 - 10/16/20 01:33 PM (5 days, 14 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Quote:

spirit_shadow said:

You are as much of a lying deceiver as Donald Trump.

InvisibleTulipslave

#26988382 - 10/16/20 01:41 PM (5 days, 14 hours ago)

Quote:

Psicomvb said:
Quote:

greenladel said:
Quote:

Psicomvb said:

Yes, both major US vaccine trials have been stopped because of negative side effects.

OfflineNo Face
Open your eyes

Loc: Lost But Not Losing
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Tulipslave]
    #26988627 - 10/16/20 03:57 PM (5 days, 11 hours ago)

Not a fucking chance.

I think I had covid December of last year.. all the same symptoms and i was sick as fuck for 2 weeks. (I never get sick) So I probably wont get it again. If i do... fuck it. I dont think some pussy virus can take me out. Im resilient haha.

If I had an autoimmune disease I probably would though. Or any other sever chronic illness...or if I was old af.

--------------------
Meditate////Create////Destroy
I say Idk a lot, But low-key... I be knowing.
Nothing is real

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

#26988811 - 10/16/20 05:28 PM (5 days, 10 hours ago)

Yes, both major US vaccine trials have been stopped because of negative side effects.

is this true??

InvisibleTulipslave

#26988814 - 10/16/20 05:31 PM (5 days, 10 hours ago)

Quote:

Saul Ptamets said:

is this true??</font>

Yes. Google "Eli Lilly and Johnson&Johnson covid vaccine trials halted" and read away.  This news is many days old now.

OfflineOutsideOfMyMind
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26989255 - 10/16/20 11:20 PM (5 days, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

Tulipslave said:
Quote:

Saul Ptamets said:

is this true??</font>

Yes. Google "Eli Lilly and Johnson&Johnson covid vaccine trials halted" and read away.  This news is many days old now.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!!!!!! I definitely don't trust Johnson & Johnson so I'm definitely no way in fuck getting any vaccine. Weapon of mass genocide.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: OutsideOfMyMind]
    #26989270 - 10/16/20 11:42 PM (5 days, 4 hours ago)

I've just been drinking their baby shampoo. Pretty sure it's the same stuff.

No tears, brah!  :peaceout:

OnlineCamwritesgonzo
The Unflushable Stool
Male User Gallery

Loc: Minnesota, USA Flag
    #26989333 - 10/17/20 12:50 AM (5 days, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

koods said:

Yeah, that's a bit of a puzzler. I was recently released from prison and I heard people talking about mainlining crank and bath salts, in one breath, and decrying any potential COVID-19 vaccine in the next.

--------------------
"I've always maintained that reality is for those who can't face drugs."-Tom Waits
"I feel the same way about disco as I feel about herpes."-Hunter S. Thompson
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?

OfflineOutsideOfMyMind
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Camwritesgonzo]
    #26989357 - 10/17/20 01:17 AM (5 days, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

Camwritesgonzo said:
Quote:

koods said:

Yeah, that's a bit of a puzzler. I was recently released from prison and I heard people talking about mainlining crank and bath salts, in one breath, and decrying any potential COVID-19 vaccine in the next.

Drugs are literally designed to get you high. Vaccines are designed to... Well just read all the conspiracy theories.

OfflineNo Face
Open your eyes

Loc: Lost But Not Losing
    #26990795 - 10/17/20 11:53 PM (4 days, 3 hours ago)

^ lmfao

I have also never gotten the flu vaccine... and ive had the flu once in my entire life.

--------------------
Meditate////Create////Destroy
I say Idk a lot, But low-key... I be knowing.
Nothing is real

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: No Face]
    #26990862 - 10/18/20 01:06 AM (4 days, 2 hours ago)

Ive never had the flu and have never gotten the vaccine

OfflineOutsideOfMyMind
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26990903 - 10/18/20 02:27 AM (4 days, 1 hour ago)

I've never gotten the flu vaccine and I haven't had the flu since I was 14, 20 years ago.

OnlineCamwritesgonzo
The Unflushable Stool
Male User Gallery

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: No Face]
    #26991128 - 10/18/20 09:28 AM (3 days, 18 hours ago)

Quote:

No Face said:
^ lmfao

I have also never gotten the flu vaccine... and ive had the flu once in my entire life.

I've gotten the flu vaccine when hospitalized, but I never go in and get it on my own. I let my immune system do its thing on its own. I don't think there's any great conspiracy, apart from drug companies enjoying money. I also rarely get sick because my immune system gets plenty of practice.

--------------------
"I've always maintained that reality is for those who can't face drugs."-Tom Waits

OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Loc: Feels Changsta Man
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Camwritesgonzo]
    #26991189 - 10/18/20 10:15 AM (3 days, 17 hours ago)

No I wouldn't.

I've never had a vaccine, and never had any problems. So why would I want or need to?

--------------------

Edited by I AM SWIM (10/18/20 10:16 AM)

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #26991529 - 10/18/20 02:55 PM (3 days, 12 hours ago)

people will give you the herd immunity sham and try to pin it on you. Dont try to force your shit on other people. Its like drug companies have easy advertising

InvisiblemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
    #26991685 - 10/18/20 05:04 PM (3 days, 10 hours ago)

You plague rats are the reason shit like measles is popping back up in this country.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

OnlineCamwritesgonzo
The Unflushable Stool
Male User Gallery

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: mndfreeze]
    #26991764 - 10/18/20 06:33 PM (3 days, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
You plague rats are the reason shit like measles is popping back up in this country.

I'm up on my MMR, Hep, and HPV immunizations, just don't bother with flu shots.

--------------------

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

#26991781 - 10/18/20 06:53 PM (3 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:

Everyone in my family lives to 100+ anyway. I don't need some vaccine a company is trying to make money off of. Do you really think everyone is going to get the vaccine that you decided to get?? I don't get why people are pushing for vaccines

OfflineIce9
Benzo Enthusiast

#26991786 - 10/18/20 06:59 PM (3 days, 8 hours ago)

I don't like the idea of a vaccine without some historical safety data (approx 3 years) behind it.  That being said, herd immunity among humans has NEVER been achieved without a vaccine.  So, option A) vaccine with limited long term safety data or B) 3 more years of covid-19 making rounds like a seasonal flu but all year long.

Neither are that appealing, but I'll place my money on A causing the least harm.

--------------------
Regarding Benzodiaepines: "They are a recreational drug, and being one doesn't exclude it's potential as a medicine." Yukon Cornelius

InvisiblemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26992077 - 10/18/20 10:52 PM (3 days, 4 hours ago)

The fact that your thought process only extends specifically to your family and not the society around you speaks volumes and is why you are going to get stamped a plague rat.  The shit doesn't work when a bunch of plague rats decide to be selfish. 

I don't get a flu shot, but the flu != shit like measles, mumps, rubella, TB, polio, corona, etc.  Don't be a plague rat people.  If you want to say fuck society then get the fuck out of society and live like a hermit in the middle of the woods.  Tired as fuck of this whole year of selfish self centered pricks fucking it up for everyone else.  That line of thinking is EXACTLY why the US has been such a shitshow compared to the rest of the world with this garbage.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleWarrk
 User Gallery

#26992305 - 10/19/20 06:15 AM (2 days, 21 hours ago)

:whathesaid:

Not just selfish but ignorant. Vaccines works, if it weren't for vaccines we would not have 8+ billion people on this planet.

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: mndfreeze] * 1
    #26992867 - 10/19/20 01:12 PM (2 days, 14 hours ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
The fact that your thought process only extends specifically to your family and not the society around you speaks volumes and is why you are going to get stamped a plague rat.  The shit doesn't work when a bunch of plague rats decide to be selfish. 

I don't get a flu shot, but the flu != shit like measles, mumps, rubella, TB, polio, corona, etc.  Don't be a plague rat people.  If you want to say fuck society then get the fuck out of society and live like a hermit in the middle of the woods.  Tired as fuck of this whole year of selfish self centered pricks fucking it up for everyone else.  That line of thinking is EXACTLY why the US has been such a shitshow compared to the rest of the world with this garbage.

Stop trying to push your beliefs on to people. If I or someone else doesn't want to get something that we don't need or trust then stop trying to push it. you're the plague rat

OfflineIce9
Benzo Enthusiast

#26992883 - 10/19/20 01:21 PM (2 days, 14 hours ago)

Quote:

Saul Ptamets said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:

Stop trying to push your beliefs on to people. If I or someone else doesn't want to get something that we don't need or trust then stop trying to push it. you're the plague rat

It's not pushing beliefs.  I will use myself as an example.  I have been vaccinated for measles via MMR 3x and via a specific measles vaccine 7x.  Despite all that I have no antibody titer against measles.  In order for me not to catch one of the most transmissible viruses to ever exist, I rely on herd immunity.  I have no immunity to it myself.  So, 4 years ago there was a pretty sizeable outbreak of measles in the Minnesota.  I have a friend who lives out their that I was planning on visiting.  Out of an abundance of caution, I rescheduled to the next year.  The outbreak was caused by anti-vaccine believers.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Ice9] * 1
    #26992886 - 10/19/20 01:23 PM (2 days, 14 hours ago)

Anti-vaxxers should be quarantined in FEMA camps until they get their damn shots.

InvisiblemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26993144 - 10/19/20 03:48 PM (2 days, 11 hours ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
Anti-vaxxers should be quarantined in FEMA camps until they get their damn shots.

Couldn't agree more.  Maybe even throw a few active diseases in there too so they can witness first hand the monstrous behavior they have been exhibiting once they all start to die from shit.

Really tired of science deniers.  It's always the idiots of the world that fuck everything up for society.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleDistorted Vision
The best. Of the worst.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana Flag
    #26993195 - 10/19/20 04:21 PM (2 days, 11 hours ago)

I'd rather shoot up heroin than get this vaccine. I'll still get the vaccine though.

--------------------

"Yo yo just here to spread my clit and show ya'll what a wonderful and free being we are all inside lets take the acid and turn inside into the outside come on over baby lets smell the roses ohh ohh come on we're about to get lit show my undies to your baby I'll hug it down three times go around frown come on we aint a nice clown kiss me upside down down down come on sorry if you cant handle my wokeness come on lets take her panties off write shroomery on my asshole and taste it lick it make if feel like we was 1978 come on baby lets do the locamotion"-Twig dude

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

#26993316 - 10/19/20 05:53 PM (2 days, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:

Maybe even throw a few active diseases in there too so they can witness first hand the monstrous behavior they have been exhibiting once they all start to die from shit.

Not surprised you would say something like this. Liberals like to wish harm on people. You probably bathe urself in vaccines anyway, like I would take advice from someone like you.

InvisibleTulipslave

#26993496 - 10/19/20 08:07 PM (2 days, 7 hours ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:

Couldn't agree more.  Maybe even throw a few active diseases in there too so they can witness first hand the monstrous behavior they have been exhibiting once they all start to die from shit.

Really tired of science deniers.  It's always the idiots of the world that fuck everything up for society.

Per your two lines of logic, all people that want vaccines should be placed in FEMA camps until Covid passes (which will be never.)

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

#26993516 - 10/19/20 08:17 PM (2 days, 7 hours ago)

Quote:

Tulipslave said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:

Per your two lines of logic, all people that want vaccines should be placed in FEMA camps until Covid passes (which will be never.)

Quote:

Tulipslave said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:

Yea. Not good at convincing people to get a vaccine by telling them they should be put in camps and given other diseases

Offlinedark_leviathan
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Saul Ptamets] * 3
    #26993574 - 10/19/20 08:53 PM (2 days, 6 hours ago)

I'd get the vaccine in a heartbeat. Fuck the people who don't.

InvisibleNichrome
Decomposition Artist

Loc: Zone 5
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: dark_leviathan] * 1
    #26993707 - 10/19/20 10:31 PM (2 days, 5 hours ago)

But the pusher don't care if you live or if you die. My body is mine and nobody elses. I make my own decisions and that's my own business. People should always have the right to choose.

--------------------
Species

Invisiblehummingbird
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Nichrome] * 1
    #26993738 - 10/19/20 10:51 PM (2 days, 4 hours ago)

What's funny to me is people always want to blame "antivaxxers" for all kinds of things. If vaccines work, wouldn't the people who get them have immunity anyways?

Its almost like the people who say awful things about people who are skeptical of vaccines, aren't really sure if they actually work themselves...I mean, if they work how you want them to...wouldn't the people who chose not to get them be the only ones negatively affected by the disease in question anyways?

OfflineBeardedWizard
Stranger
Male

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: hummingbird]
    #26993739 - 10/19/20 10:54 PM (2 days, 4 hours ago)

Think id rather buy me an AR an wait and see if people turn into zombies first

OfflineBeardedWizard
Stranger
Male

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: BeardedWizard]
    #26993743 - 10/19/20 10:59 PM (2 days, 4 hours ago)

Id most deffinatly get vaccinated once ive seen its safe and effective shit just worries me because i dont want to take something that been rushed through clinacal trials and rubber stamped to be used by the public

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: BeardedWizard]
    #26993804 - 10/19/20 11:58 PM (2 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

BeardedWizard said:
Id most deffinatly get vaccinated once ive seen its safe and effective shit just worries me because i dont want to take something that been rushed through clinacal trials and rubber stamped to be used by the public

yea next thing you know you have bad symptoms and you cant sue because they're vaccines...

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

#26993814 - 10/20/20 12:11 AM (2 days, 3 hours ago)

i still have had no one explain to me why vaccines require herd immunity to work. Drop some knowledge.

InvisiblemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26993898 - 10/20/20 03:35 AM (2 days, 12 minutes ago)

Quote:

Saul Ptamets said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:

Maybe even throw a few active diseases in there too so they can witness first hand the monstrous behavior they have been exhibiting once they all start to die from shit.

Not surprised you would say something like this. Liberals like to wish harm on people. You probably bathe urself in vaccines anyway, like I would take advice from someone like you.

I didn't give you any advice, nor am I a liberal.  Believing in the power of S C I E N C E does not make one partisan.

I know that word scares you, confuses you, and probably makes you want to punch some drywall and I'm sorry for that. 

For everyone else who seems to think they are going to be FORCED to take one, you wont.  However you will get labeled a selfish fucking plague rat for risking other peoples lives.  Core basics of living in a society is not harming the others in your society.  It's why murder is illegal.  Knowingly passing a contagious disease to someone is the same concept.  It's pretty straightforward.

Again, just like with measles, something we almost nearly eradicated, the anti-vax nonsense movement has caused it to start popping back up.  It can be fatal btw, but since almost everyone on this site grew up in a world where it was already mostly wiped out you don't have the memory of it burned in to remind you of the importance of vaccines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Measles#:~:text=Measles%20is%20a%20highly%20contagious,runny%20nose%2C%20and%20inflamed%20eyes.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleNichrome
Decomposition Artist

Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: mndfreeze] * 1
    #26994307 - 10/20/20 11:49 AM (1 day, 15 hours ago)

Seems like the provax crowd is throwing the most hate speech and death threats and actually state that they hope people die horribly. Just saying.

Most of the folks who don't want it are not saying they hope anyone dies horribly. Shows a lot about character I think. Maybe there are just way more paid lobbyists and troll farmers than I realized.

Think I'll start using the term Vax-Nazi as it seems more descriptive.

--------------------
Species

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Nichrome] * 1
    #26994321 - 10/20/20 11:57 AM (1 day, 15 hours ago)

I think I'll start using a dart gun loaded with vaccines.

pew pew pew

Offlinegopher
Egg hatcher
I'm a teapot

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Nichrome]
    #26994325 - 10/20/20 11:58 AM (1 day, 15 hours ago)

I dont like how the Anti-Maskers say the Pro-maskers should stay at home if they are scared, im not scared, I just think you should show decency to those at risk and wear a mask so you are not spitting on them

--------------------
In essence, your body knows better than the experts how much salt it needs--and telling someone to restrict their salt intake is akin to telling someone to restrict their water intake when they are thirsty. It just makes no biological sense.

The salt fix -- James DiNicolantonio -- Doctor of pharmacy and cardiovascular research scientist

:kratom:

InvisiblemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: (SERIOUS) IF A VACCINE CAME OUT TODAY, WOULD YOU TAKE IT [Re: Nichrome] * 2
    #26994334 - 10/20/20 12:04 PM (1 day, 15 hours ago)

You are saying exactly that actually.  It's like someone who gets hammered then gets behind the wheel trying to claim its OK because its their body, their rights, and they don't WISH death on anyone.,  They just you know, happen to accidentally cause it so often we need laws in place to try to prevent it.  Everyone knows driving drunk is high risk to themselves and others yet here we are.  It's selfish behavior.  Then getting online and spouting off about how they should be allowed to do it and how its somehow justified for whatever reason.

It really is as straight forward and as simple as this:  No one cares if you want to put YOURSELF at risk, thats your choice.  We (society) do care when your choices put everyone ELSE at risk.  Especially when most of those risks are due to misinformation and propaganda.

For a harm reduction website, we sure have a lot of people who don't give a fuck about the others around them lately.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

#26994756 - 10/20/20 03:58 PM (1 day, 11 hours ago)

still have not explained how herd immunity works

InvisiblemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26994769 - 10/20/20 04:06 PM (1 day, 11 hours ago)

There are 2 methods of herd immunity.  One is achieved through vaccines where enough people get them, become immune, and halts the virus's spread so effectively it effectively dies out so that those who cannot get vaccines such as immunocompromised people, are now for the most part safe as the general population does not have enough infectable people for the virus to move even if it did sneak in from say, a visitor from another country that does not vaccinate.

The other method is when you let a virus run rampant, and assuming its a virus/disease that one can build some form of immunity too on your own, all the weak, old, infirm, etc die out and only those with the immunities survive, eventually giving you the same herd immunity as a vaccine would. 

Pretty much herd immunity is only achieved through extensive vaccination against the specific disease to wipe it out.  It's why for decades immunocompromised people who can't get the polio vaccine pretty much never had to worry about it.  So many people in the US were vaccinated and immune to it, the chances of the compromised person catching it were insanely small as long as they didn't leave the country to some place where vaccines are not commonplace.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

#26994775 - 10/20/20 04:09 PM (1 day, 11 hours ago)

ok i looked it up and watched some videos and I can see why if a vaccine had a 0% danger rate then it would be viable to take, which is obviously not the case. I simply don't trust companies enough to inject a random new liquid into my body that they say does a bunch of stuff. Especially in this case where the vaccine will most likely be rushed out way too fast. And vaccines don't mean you automatically won't get the disease or virus. And not being able to sue the companies is a big no no.

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

#26994781 - 10/20/20 04:11 PM (1 day, 11 hours ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
There are 2 methods of herd immunity.  One is achieved through vaccines where enough people get them, become immune, and halts the virus's spread so effectively it effectively dies out so that those who cannot get vaccines such as immunocompromised people, are now for the most part safe as the general population does not have enough infectable people for the virus to move even if it did sneak in from say, a visitor from another country that does not vaccinate.

The other method is when you let a virus run rampant, and assuming its a virus/disease that one can build some form of immunity too on your own, all the weak, old, infirm, etc die out and only those with the immunities survive, eventually giving you the same herd immunity as a vaccine would. 

Pretty much herd immunity is only achieved through extensive vaccination against the specific disease to wipe it out.  It's why for decades immunocompromised people who can't get the polio vaccine pretty much never had to worry about it.  So many people in the US were vaccinated and immune to it, the chances of the compromised person catching it were insanely small as long as they didn't leave the country to some place where vaccines are not commonplace.

Thank you.

InvisiblemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26994871 - 10/20/20 04:58 PM (1 day, 10 hours ago)

You should probably wait until a vaccine is actually developed before worrying about that.  The fast tracking thats happening isn't a bunch of scientists skipping science steps.  It's mostly red tape approvals for shit.  The scientific steps will remain the same. 

It would be corporate and career suicide to release something knowing steps were skipped and it might not be safe in the current political/world climate in the age of information where shit is made true or false on the back of a viral facebook meme. 

That said, nothing is 100% safe, not ibuprofin (causes all SORTS of problems every year for people, even leading to death), not mushrooms, not the food you eat or the air you breathe.  Until something is actually developed and tested we can't know the risk profile to even begin to determine where it lines up, but historically vaccines are in the lowest risk groups of medications there are.  Do some people have issues? Yes, all medications have one off risks and rare side effects, allergic reactions, etc, but so does every day common supplements and OTC meds, foods, etc. 

And for those who subscribe to the 'medical money conspiracy', don't forget the entire world is trying to come up with vaccines, not just American capitalists.  There are plenty of countries with scientists and doctors out there who don't subscribe to default american ideals that will also be trying to solve this virus issue, will be peer reviewing data, testing stuff, writing papers on it, etc, etc.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

#26994956 - 10/20/20 05:53 PM (1 day, 9 hours ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:

It would be corporate and career suicide to release something knowing steps were skipped and it might not be safe in the current political/world climate in the age of information where shit is made true or false on the back of a viral facebook meme. 

Fake news such as MSM would not report on something like that especially if Biden wins. People would still take vaccines if the COVID vaccine turned out to have severe side effects. True or false doesn't even mean anything to people at this point

OfflineIce9
Benzo Enthusiast

#26995503 - 10/20/20 11:22 PM (1 day, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:

Herd immunity among humans has never been achieved without a vaccine. Full stop. Let that sink in.

I am not knocking you, just want to quash this "let the virus run it's course" thing before people think it is a viable option.  The problem is some people do think it is a viable option, worse still they are in power and make policy.  Scary times.

--------------------

InvisibleNichrome
Decomposition Artist

#26995509 - 10/20/20 11:27 PM (1 day, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

Ice9 said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:

Herd immunity among humans has never been achieved without a vaccine. Full stop. Let that sink in.

I am not knocking you, just want to quash this "let the virus run it's course" thing before people think it is a viable option.  The problem is some people do think it is a viable option, worse still they are in power and make policy.  Scary times.

Where are you getting this information?

--------------------
Species

OfflineIce9
Benzo Enthusiast

#26995514 - 10/20/20 11:29 PM (1 day, 4 hours ago)

Give me a bit to find the source, I can't put my finger on it, I think it was a Dr. Fauci interview, or another epidemiologist.  I'll dig it up cause everyone wants sauce.

Edit: not exactly what I was looking for but I'm playing a game and trying to do this, not so good at multi-tasking.

2nd Edit: Link with graphs and stats, its purty.

--------------------

Edited by Ice9 (10/20/20 11:37 PM)

InvisiblemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26995606 - 10/21/20 02:25 AM (1 day, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

Ice9 said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:

Not in humans and not on purpose. It has in nature. I was only listing it because its a valid scientific view on how herd immunity works.  For very very obvious reasons it would not apply to our situation or any situation under human control.  It's basically just letting Darwinism run wild at the expense of human lives.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisiblemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26995615 - 10/21/20 02:37 AM (1 day, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

Saul Ptamets said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:

Fake news such as MSM would not report on something like that especially if Biden wins. People would still take vaccines if the COVID vaccine turned out to have severe side effects. True or false doesn't even mean anything to people at this point

"Especially if Biden wins". Oh for fucks sake. You fell victim to the fake news machine years ago and it shows.  Turn off your twitter, unsubscribe from your 'not mainstream but still somehow mainstream sources of presidential twitter tantrums and spin, and open up some science journals.

You have quite literally the most access to all of human knowledge at your finger tips for the first time in the entire history of human kind.  Use it and stop getting your opinions from people who are not experts in their fields.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleNichrome
Decomposition Artist

#26996132 - 10/21/20 11:46 AM (16 hours, 59 seconds ago)

I love all these "proven facts" everyone is throwing out there. Everybody has their motives I guess.

Facts without supporting information are just rumors. People acting like high school girls. Fanning the flames of hatred and seperation.
Quote:

Ice9 said:
Give me a bit to find the source, I can't put my finger on it, I think it was a Dr. Fauci interview, or another epidemiologist.  I'll dig it up cause everyone wants sauce.

Edit: not exactly what I was looking for but I'm playing a game and trying to do this, not so good at multi-tasking.

2nd Edit: Link with graphs and stats, its purty.

All ".com's" are owned and therefore bias.  Do you have any "real information" from peer reviewed sources? Are these just rumors you are spreading for your own motives?

I would be a lot more supportive of you and your opinions if you stated them as such.

The worldwide rumor mill is a bigger problem than any disease ever has been. All the fear mongering is lame.

Credibility where credibility is due.

--------------------
Species

Edited by Nichrome (10/21/20 12:05 PM)

InvisiblemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26996195 - 10/21/20 12:13 PM (15 hours, 34 minutes ago)

You can easily go to scholar.google.com and search up science papers on any subject you want, including herd immunity.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

#26996363 - 10/21/20 02:04 PM (13 hours, 43 minutes ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Quote:

Saul Ptamets said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:

"Especially if Biden wins". Oh for fucks sake. You fell victim to the fake news machine years ago and it shows.  Turn off your twitter, unsubscribe from your 'not mainstream but still somehow mainstream sources of presidential twitter tantrums and spin, and open up some science journals.

You have quite literally the most access to all of human knowledge at your finger tips for the first time in the entire history of human kind.  Use it and stop getting your opinions from people who are not experts in their fields.

I don't go on twitter, I watch all news. I dont look at don jons twitter. And exactly, a .com cant be used as it is biased so it isn't extremely easy like you are saying to go find un-biased info but it is definitely more accessible than before.Its not the same when you have scientist consistently disagree with each other as it just becomes who do you want to trust

InvisiblemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26996479 - 10/21/20 03:05 PM (12 hours, 41 minutes ago)

See earlier post about scholar.google.com and reading scientific papers.  Science is all about disagreement to find truth.  It's pretty much the point.  You look at the overall general consensus between them to find the facts.  A few scientists dissenting from the overall consensus is normal.  Turn off fox/cnn news and stop trying to make something political that isn't.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

#26996527 - 10/21/20 03:34 PM (12 hours, 12 minutes ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
See earlier post about scholar.google.com and reading scientific papers.  Science is all about disagreement to find truth.  It's pretty much the point.  You look at the overall general consensus between them to find the facts.  A few scientists dissenting from the overall consensus is normal.  Turn off fox/cnn news and stop trying to make something political that isn't.

I'm not the person who made coronavirus political, I'm just a random citizen.

InvisibleNichrome
Decomposition Artist

#26996620 - 10/21/20 04:42 PM (11 hours, 4 minutes ago)

I could, but I won't and it's not up to me to prove your facts or disprove them. As the one sharing "facts" that lies on you. Already  accessed and searched the Cornell database as well as Perdue U. Interesting stuff. Very inconclusive if you ask me. 

I'm not the one here stating "facts" and asking people to blindly trust those facts. I'm only stating opinion as I have yet to see any conclusive data one way or another that I trust with my life or yours.

I trust your unsubstantiated facts and will surely wear a foil hat from now on... :laugh2: It's for the greater good.

--------------------
Species

InvisiblemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26996662 - 10/21/20 05:13 PM (10 hours, 33 minutes ago)

Quote:

Nichrome said:
I could, but I won't and it's not up to me to prove your facts or disprove them. As the one sharing "facts" that lies on you. Already  accessed and searched the Cornell database as well as Perdue U. Interesting stuff. Very inconclusive if you ask me. 

I'm not the one here stating "facts" and asking people to blindly trust those facts. I'm only stating opinion as I have yet to see any conclusive data one way or another that I trust with my life or yours.

I trust your unsubstantiated facts and will surely wear a foil hat from now on... :laugh2: It's for the greater good.

Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

http://www.assis.it/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/crude-herd-immunity.pdf

https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/52/7/911/299077

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0272989X02239651

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.935.1796&rep=rep1&type=pdf

https://www.nature.com/articles/318323a0

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleNichrome
Decomposition Artist

#26997008 - 10/21/20 09:48 PM (5 hours, 58 minutes ago)

Journals from 1971-1993 :laugh2: good job.

--------------------
Species

OfflineHamHead
Hard Ass Motherfucker
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
    #26997059 - 10/21/20 10:31 PM (5 hours, 15 minutes ago)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelsandler/2020/10/21/volunteer-in-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-trial-reportedly-dies-in-brazil/

Well then. Takes 'placebo' and dies?

Interesting indeed.

Curious as to what that placebo actually contains.

:popcorn:

--------------------
“Censorship reflects society’s lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.”Potter Stewart, Supreme Court Justice

“Free speech is the whole thing, the whole ball game. Free speech is life itself.”Salman Rushdie

InvisiblemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #26997139 - 10/21/20 11:58 PM (3 hours, 48 minutes ago)

Quote:

Nichrome said:
Journals from 1971-1993 :laugh2: good job.

Thinking science suddenly has an expiration date. :laugh2:

Being a plague rat and having low intelligence always seem to go hand in hand.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Community >> The Pub