Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: The presidential debate [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #26963391 - 10/01/20 07:38 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Enlil said:
he was talking about criminals.  Why do you equate criminals with black people?

Quote:

Biden said:
Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids

Maybe that'll clue you in about Biden.

It doesn't.  How does what he said in 2019 explain what he said in 1993?

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebirdeatingspider
Stranger in Paradise
 User Gallery

Loc: so many roads
Re: The presidential debate [Re: Sulfurshelfsean]
    #26963442 - 10/01/20 08:31 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sulfurshelfsean said:
Where does biden call black people predators in there? Sounds like peoplw are running on assumptions on this one

Or grasping at straws..

Again, I just don't think it is fair to be comparing today to 30 years ago. Everything was different, none of the climate remains.
Can you imagine the field day with Trump, 30 years from now will have?!

Fvking Trump looking dead into the camera when Biden Blundered, I could of punched through the screen and smacked him.

I shared with a Trump supporter how it was unfair, I didn't get to hear much of what Biden was proposing due to Trump interruptions.
His response was, 'But he had a point when he did.'

Perhaps I am alone in thinking, nothing of what Trump interrupted with should be seen as debate material.
He devised his own answers to unknown his-choice drivel posing as a question. But the responses were not on topic, and were unrelated to the question posed.
So I don't think what he interjected with should be given any regard, kind of like when a 3 yr old throws a tantrum.

What a goon.

--------------------

From all I may be, or have been before,
To mingle with the Universe, and feel
What I can ne’er express, yet cannot all conceal.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: The presidential debate [Re: Enlil]
    #26963706 - 10/01/20 11:33 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Enlil said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Biden said:
Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids

Maybe that'll clue you in about Biden.

It doesn't.  How does what he said in 2019 explain what he said in 1993?

If you're saying he's more racist now than he was then, I guess that's a possibility.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: The presidential debate [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 2
    #26963747 - 10/01/20 12:13 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not saying he's racist or not racist.  I'm saying that there's no evidence that he ever called black people predators.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: The presidential debate [Re: Enlil]
    #26964380 - 10/01/20 05:43 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Ok i did some quick research, this is what I found: https://heavy.com/news/did-joe-biden-really-call-black-people-super-predators/

In the article there is a video from 1996 of Hillary Clinton saying the term "Super Predator". Is that the first time it was mentioned? Is that where Trump thinks Biden said "Super Predator"? Did Trump misremember the past?

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: The presidential debate [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #26964390 - 10/01/20 05:49 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Biden said there were predators on the streets. Whats racists is thinking he was talking about black people.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OnlinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
    #26964489 - 10/01/20 06:31 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Did Trump misremember the past?

Trump can rewrite the past any way he pleases.  :snub:

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: The presidential debate [Re: koods]
    #26964567 - 10/01/20 07:01 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

koods said:
Biden said there were predators on the streets. Whats racists is thinking he was talking about black people.

Got a video clip by chance? Im curious.

Invisiblebirdeatingspider
Stranger in Paradise
 User Gallery

Loc: so many roads
    #26964804 - 10/01/20 09:29 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Why would an experienced politician make a blatantly racist comment. His words were calculated, speech written well in advance, and the statement can only be interpreted one way.
I can see the angle MAGA hats are pushing for -again-, and it's a dead end. So might as well move on now.

Here you are LC- https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4848645/user-clip-biden-predators-warrant-exceptionally-tough-treatment

Taken from this article clearing up the same- https://heavy.com/news/did-joe-biden-really-call-black-people-super-predators/

'Joseph' Biden used the term 'predators.' It was Hilary that said 'super predators.'

--------------------

From all I may be, or have been before,
To mingle with the Universe, and feel
What I can ne’er express, yet cannot all conceal.

OfflineSulfurshelfsean
Defender of Cubes
 User Gallery

Re: The presidential debate [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #26966481 - 10/02/20 06:41 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

They just assume that because of his "poor people/white people" gaffe that he must bw racially coding everything he says.

--------------------

Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: The presidential debate [Re: Sulfurshelfsean]
    #26966517 - 10/02/20 07:05 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

A lot of people don't look at context.

The context of the 1994 crime bill, was that republicans were hammering Bill Clinton on crime, and it was definitely racially coded. The entire purpose of the 1994 crime bill was an appeasement tactic to defuse republican attack lines into Bill Clinton's administration, which at that point was pretty left.

It was a bit of a deal with the devil. Unfortunately for Clinton, Gingrich was making his career as a "no compromise" republican at this time, laying the groundwork for the current republican party. Clinton was hoping for the 1980s republicans that could still be reasoned with. I don't think he expected Gingrich to be taken seriously, nor for Gingrich-style politics to take over the party. In retrospect, this was a major miscalculation, because Gingrich started the idea of a federalist society type organization that would identify young extremists and mold them into republican senators. The modern republican party is the result.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Edit: this was remarkably similar to Obama and the Tea Party. Democrats get two useful years in power, before the republican propaganda machine takes effect. Same thing will happen with Biden. I hope he's ready for it.

Edited by Kryptos (10/02/20 07:06 PM)

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: The presidential debate [Re: Kryptos]
    #26967362 - 10/03/20 10:34 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:

The context of the 1994 crime bill, was that republicans were hammering Bill Clinton on crime, and it was definitely racially coded. The entire purpose of the 1994 crime bill was an appeasement tactic to defuse republican attack lines into Bill Clinton's administration, which at that point was pretty left.

It was a bit of a deal with the devil. Unfortunately for Clinton, Gingrich was making his career as a "no compromise" republican at this time, laying the groundwork for the current republican party. Clinton was hoping for the 1980s republicans that could still be reasoned with. I don't think he expected Gingrich to be taken seriously, nor for Gingrich-style politics to take over the party. In retrospect, this was a major miscalculation, because Gingrich started the idea of a federalist society type organization that would identify young extremists and mold them into republican senators. The modern republican party is the result.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Edit: this was remarkably similar to Obama and the Tea Party. Democrats get two useful years in power, before the republican propaganda machine takes effect. Same thing will happen with Biden. I hope he's ready for it.

That's one hell of a rationalization for the Democratic Party once again selling out their supporters. :lol:

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: The presidential debate [Re: qman] * 1
    #26967520 - 10/03/20 12:23 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Quote:

Kryptos said:

Hindsight is 20/20.

That's one hell of a rationalization for the Democratic Party once again selling out their supporters. :lol:

Unfortunately, you are not wrong.

Democrats need to forget their idealistic notions of compromise in government. Republicans are at this point an extremist group that follows their ideology with religious fervor. You cannot compromise with a fanatic on a crusade, the fanatic thinks God is on his side and compromise would only piss off God. You don't give the fanatic what he wants, because he'll filibuster his own bill. A fanatic will reject what he asked for if it comes from the wrong person.

Democrats need to take the House, Senate, and White House, get rid of the filibuster, and start passing bills with a simple party line majority. If republicans get uppity and complain, ship a pallet of Kleenexes to their office and tell them to deal with it.

Then democrats need to start passing laws that support voting, and dismantle the Electoral College. If SCOTUS gets uppity, pack the court until it's 9-6 Democrat partisans. Pass DC and PR statehood, and offer it to American Samoa.

You can't compromise with fanatics. You chain them up and forget about them.

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
Re: The presidential debate [Re: Kryptos] * 2
    #26967716 - 10/03/20 02:18 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, Repubes broadcast thier "religion ",; there is a cunt hair difference between the two parties, though. Kamala quotes scripture and brings up god in alot of her diatribes.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Edited by SirTripAlot (10/03/20 02:19 PM)

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: The presidential debate [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #26967757 - 10/03/20 02:55 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Religion isn't the problem. Well, it's a problem, but it is not the main problem, nor is it particularly high on the priority list.

The problem is applying religion and religious conviction to governance, which fundamentally operates on compromise. Compromise which is impossible to achieve when you are dealing with fanatics. And yeah, this started with Reagan's unholy alliance with Evangelicals, but what began as a political marriage of convenience became the republican party we see today.

This is largely to blame on Gingrich, however, because he began the application of the "no compromise with democrats, ever" approach. The end result of that approach is what we see now: Republicans frothing at the mouth over ACA, which is fundamentally the healthcare plan they wanted to pass. But because a democrat did it, they want it gone. That's why they can't come up with an alternative. The much more obvious example was Mitch McConnell filibustering his own proposal. The point wasn't the governance aspect of passing a proposal, the point was scoring political points and putting together some nice soundbites. Then when people were in favor of his proposal, he realized that "fuck, my entire shtick is that the government doesn't work", so he killed his own proposal.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: The presidential debate [Re: Kryptos]
    #26974974 - 10/08/20 06:16 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Trump says he is going to skip next weeks debate

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Offlinemeltdowner
Total Noob
Male

Loc: New York City
Re: The presidential debate [Re: qman]
    #26976255 - 10/08/20 10:38 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

qman said:
Trump is in a tough position, he accomplished NOTHING in four years, so what can he campaign on?

Nothing?  Oh boy...
The wall
Repealed the mandatory obamacare tax
Best economy ever
Taking on fake news and an overblown covid outbreak while keeping the economy high
Killes the crap trade deals with Chyna (yuge)
Brought back patriotism
NO NEW WARS
ENDED OTHER WARS <-----OBUMMER PROMISED AND LIED

Im pretty damn happy with Trump' America.  He literally MADE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

THE MAN IS SUPERMAN

--------------------
I'm a Lightweight.  I like to eat like two caps at a time.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: The presidential debate [Re: meltdowner]
    #26976286 - 10/08/20 11:26 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

meltdowner said:
Taking on fake news
NO NEW WARS

These are two things I like about Trump.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: The presidential debate [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 4
    #26976398 - 10/09/20 02:55 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

https://original.antiwar.com/mbenjamin/2020/07/01/trumps-record-on-foreign-policy-lost-wars-new-conflicts-and-broken-promises/

Trump famously summed up his policy as "bomb the shit out of the Islamic State". "When you got these terrorists, you got take out their families".

As far as fake news goes, Trump caused more of it than MSNBC and Fox combined.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: The presidential debate [Re: meltdowner] * 2
    #26976455 - 10/09/20 05:00 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

meltdowner said:

Im pretty damn happy with Trump' America.  He literally MADE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

THE MAN IS SUPERMAN

Please re-elect him on November 3.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom