Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMario_Player
Stranger
Loc: Sacramento, CA Flag
Is anyone with education or wealth voting for Biden? * 1
    #26959795 - 09/29/20 08:54 AM (4 months, 29 days ago)

I'm curious what drives anyone to vote democrat.

My Business degree and some extra units made me CPA eligible, but I don't know if I ever will need my CPA. I can already sign my own taxes. This training makes me basically republican.

My immediate family (3 members total) is sitting on four properties across multiple states. Each has a house and the total land is 100+ acres. I'm on the 2 acre lot (2bd, 1ba) in a densely populated area. The lot across the street is going with around 7 houses, so they pulled in around $5 to $6 million revenue. The lot two lots down did more houses, and I'm guessing they raked in around $10 to $12 million. Every time I look out my front window, I see around $15 to $20 million in revenue from around 5 acres. This ain't no fucking orchard in the middle of nowhere; It's primo land. I want to tell my dad, "Damn dude sell one of the houses, and get one of those super cars before you die." Whatever, I'm zoned commercial / residential. I worked basketball for a bit then I got into Real Estate / Property Management, but I know lumber, construction, and audit function to all of it. Selling this land would be a nightmare for anyone other than me. 6% Realtor fee? Bitch please, those rates are for a YouTubers with $30 million houses in LA worth around $10k in lumber & labor. The ultimate scam. I'd like to eventuality open a weed dispensary in the front yard with a garden on the side acre. I could call it the 6 million dollar weed dispensary.

I had to go on this tangent to show how bullshit democrats are. They try to weasel themselves into every step along the way. More regulation & tax on the sale of the land. More regulation & tax on the lumber. More regulation & tax on the construction process. It never ends with these dudes. BLM exist because of tax code. No one cares about them, because people follow up with the IRS to see if the deduction went through. So, having wealth also makes me vote republican.

To anyone questioning wealth knowing Cannabis, it was legalized in California under Donald Trump's administration. I just grew out some Skunk #1 x Green Crack x Mazar. The Green Crack breeder was so incompetent that I had to breed it back into some Chocolate Thai. I prefer adult Cannabis & not that fruity foo foo kid shit. Fruity coffee weed is still basically kid weed. I took mushrooms earlier in life, but now all my visuals come from money.

In summary, these are the things that make me vote Trump. An education in business, $15+ million viewable revenue from my front window, and an understanding of Cannabis never before seen by a Democrat. What are your reasons and why? Do you have a degree? Do you donate to BLM to lower your tax liability? Do you own land? Do you grow Cannabis? Why would you vote Democrat?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNortherner
FSM acolyte
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: Is anyone with education or wealth voting for Biden? [Re: Mario_Player] * 1
    #26959801 - 09/29/20 09:03 AM (4 months, 29 days ago)

I'm sure if you start using parts of your massive wealth to buy crypto and buy drugs for the people here anonymously they'll identify with you.

Dunno if they'll vote for your candidate, but you'll certainly make more friends.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

InvisibleJokeshopbeardM
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: Is anyone with education or wealth voting for Biden? (moved) [Re: Mario_Player]
    #26959806 - 09/29/20 09:12 AM (4 months, 29 days ago)

This thread was moved from The Pub.

Reason:
Belongs here.

OfflineHarvest Wind
Road Man
Male

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Is anyone with education or wealth voting for Biden? [Re: Mario_Player] * 15
    #26959807 - 09/29/20 09:13 AM (4 months, 29 days ago)

I love your viewpoint. It's so god damn straight down the line; I got mine so fuck the poor, I rape the environment in my capitalist pursuit of riches. Folks vote democrat because they don't base their morals and principles around money and sucking the cock of the candidate that'll make them the most profit at the expense of other peoples lives.

--------------------
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." Carl Sagan

Like water, the strength of a few words can erode the colossal mountains of the mind to insignificant grains of sand.

Offlinechristopera
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Is anyone with education or wealth voting for Biden? [Re: Mario_Player] * 4
    #26959810 - 09/29/20 09:21 AM (4 months, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Mario_Player said:
I'm curious what drives anyone to vote democrat.

My Business degree and some extra units made me CPA eligible, but I don't know if I ever will need my CPA. I can already sign my own taxes. This training makes me basically republican.

My immediate family (3 members total) is sitting on four properties across multiple states. Each has a house and the total land is 100+ acres. I'm on the 2 acre lot (2bd, 1ba) in a densely populated area. The lot across the street is going with around 7 houses, so they pulled in around $5 to $6 million revenue. The lot two lots down did more houses, and I'm guessing they raked in around $10 to $12 million. Every time I look out my front window, I see around $15 to $20 million in revenue from around 5 acres. This ain't no fucking orchard in the middle of nowhere; It's primo land. I want to tell my dad, "Damn dude sell one of the houses, and get one of those super cars before you die." Whatever, I'm zoned commercial / residential. I worked basketball for a bit then I got into Real Estate / Property Management, but I know lumber, construction, and audit function to all of it. Selling this land would be a nightmare for anyone other than me. 6% Realtor fee? Bitch please, those rates are for a YouTubers with $30 million houses in LA worth around $10k in lumber & labor. The ultimate scam. I'd like to eventuality open a weed dispensary in the front yard with a garden on the side acre. I could call it the 6 million dollar weed dispensary.

I had to go on this tangent to show how bullshit democrats are. They try to weasel themselves into every step along the way. More regulation & tax on the sale of the land. More regulation & tax on the lumber. More regulation & tax on the construction process. It never ends with these dudes. BLM exist because of tax code. No one cares about them, because people follow up with the IRS to see if the deduction went through. So, having wealth also makes me vote republican.

To anyone questioning wealth knowing Cannabis, it was legalized in California under Donald Trump's administration. I just grew out some Skunk #1 x Green Crack x Mazar. The Green Crack breeder was so incompetent that I had to breed it back into some Chocolate Thai. I prefer adult Cannabis & not that fruity foo foo kid shit. Fruity coffee weed is still basically kid weed. I took mushrooms earlier in life, but now all my visuals come from money.

In summary, these are the things that make me vote Trump. An education in business, $15+ million viewable revenue from my front window, and an understanding of Cannabis never before seen by a Democrat. What are your reasons and why? Do you have a degree? Do you donate to BLM to lower your tax liability? Do you own land? Do you grow Cannabis? Why would you vote Democrat?

Okay. Are you trying to say something or just proving you are the trope you want to be?

--------------------
A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

Bank and Union with The Shroomery at the Zuul on The internet - now with %'s and things

I’m sorry it had to be me.

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: Is anyone with education or wealth voting for Biden? [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 11
    #26959822 - 09/29/20 09:37 AM (4 months, 29 days ago)

Well it goes like this. Educated people are more liberal. But education leads to more money which gives people a self interest to be conservative, so it's a complicated relationship sociologically.

There's extensive research that shows that conservatives are less intelligent than liberals but the relationship disappears when looking at people who are economically but not socially conservative.

Just so you know the parts of your post where you said, "an understanding of Cannabis never before seen by a Democrat", and, "Do you donate to BLM to lower your tax liability?", make you sound like a nit wit. Also, cannabis is not a proper noun.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

InvisibleEnlilM
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Is anyone with education or wealth voting for Biden? [Re: Mario_Player] * 6
    #26959846 - 09/29/20 09:53 AM (4 months, 29 days ago)

I'm not sure I'd call a bachelors and a 2 br house "education [and] wealth."

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflinePsilynut2
Stranger
Re: Is anyone with education or wealth voting for Biden? [Re: Mario_Player] * 1
    #26959964 - 09/29/20 11:10 AM (4 months, 29 days ago)

Quote:

I’ll vote Democrat so people don’t think that I’m like you . Your post doesn’t really make much sense at all  . There’s no reflection of reality in any part of it .
You can’t open a weed store in your front yard in California thats a clear  violation of any

counties rules Mr “ I have superior understanding “ .
  I’ve been growing and selling for a long time legally in ca . Weve had legal  medical marijuana Foreeveer already .

--------------------

Edited by Psilynut2 (09/29/20 11:12 AM)

OfflineNonagon Infinity
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Loc: Polygondwanaland
Re: Is anyone with education or wealth voting for Biden? [Re: Brian Jones]
    #26960026 - 09/29/20 11:47 AM (4 months, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Brian Jones said:
Well it goes like this. Educated people are more liberal. But education leads to more money which gives people a self interest to be conservative, so it's a complicated relationship sociologically.

Agreed. Most of the adults I know that identify as "liberal" are really just economically conservative people who are socially left-leaning (at least, when it comes to LGBTQ+ rights).

--------------------
Nonagon Infinity Opens the Door

OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

Loc: Underworld
Re: Is anyone with education or wealth voting for Biden? [Re: Nonagon Infinity] * 1
    #26960053 - 09/29/20 12:11 PM (4 months, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Nonagon Infinity said:
Quote:

Brian Jones said:

Agreed. Most of the adults I know that identify as "liberal" are really just economically conservative people who are socially left-leaning (at least, when it comes to LGBTQ+ rights).

:whathesaid:

I feel as if most people are both "conservative" and "liberal" to the degree that their beliefs aren't a perfect reflection of one or the other.

You can hold both "liberal" and "conservative" views. To that degree, those people can be called centrists (perhaps leaning more or less in a particular direction).

I am a "centrist", whatever that may ultimately mean, to the extent that I think the tribalism of our dualistic political system has become pathological.

And that is seen with comments such as "How can anyone with a brain vote for candidate x". It would seem, at least to me, that both parties are manifestations of corruption. The politicians at the top seem to be interested only in themselves (whether it be power, money, success etc).

I know this doesn't answer your question, and that is because I do not like any of the choices that I'm presented with regarding the presidential election. But I doubt our country would ever present a candidate, in any party, that is truly altruistic.

So I will sit here hoping that, one day, our system will adopt Plato's "Philosopher Kings".

--------------------
“When a man is just born, he is weak and flexible. When he dies, he is hard and insensitive. When a tree is growing, it's tender and pliant. But when it's dry and hard, it dies. Hardness and strength are death's companions. Pliancy and weakness are expressions of the freshness of being. Because what has hardened will never win.”

- Andrei Tarkovsy, Stalker

OfflineNonagon Infinity
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: Is anyone with education or wealth voting for Biden? [Re: Socrateshroom]
    #26960181 - 09/29/20 01:37 PM (4 months, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Socrateshroom said:
I feel as if most people are both "conservative" and "liberal" to the degree that their beliefs aren't a perfect reflection of one or the other.

That's a very good point. The two parties differ from one another in some ways, and not all of those differences are trivial, but there are many senses in which the two parties hold the same views. The overlap between Democrats and Republicans is what I would refer to as the American status quo.

Quote:

Socrateshroom said:
I am a "centrist", whatever that may ultimately mean, to the extent that I think the tribalism of our dualistic political system has become pathological.

I don't know that I would necessarily call yourself a centrist based on that criteria alone, but terminology can be misleading. When I think of a centrist, I think of someone who agrees with the political status quo. If you are really hoping for a society structured according to Plato's ideal, then perhaps you are not a centrist.

Indeed, there is a lot of tribalism at play. I believe voting for a candidate in the current climate is akin to rooting for a sports team, and is quite detached from the idea of changing the status quo.

--------------------

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Is anyone with education or wealth voting for Biden? [Re: Mario_Player]
    #26960198 - 09/29/20 01:49 PM (4 months, 29 days ago)

Jonathan Haidt claims a significant distinction between the parties is differing views on fairness.

On the left, fairness often implies equality, but on the right it means proportionality - people should be rewarded in proportion to what they contribute, even if that guarantees unequal outcomes.

Although this is only one aspect of the differences, it's a big one. There's an cacophony of discussion about various aspects of "fairness" but rarely do we drill down on the fact people view issues of fairness differently. Humans are wired (thru evolution) to try to get as many resources for as little effort as possible... Many millions of dollars in pandemic relief are being fraudulently stolen by people, which is a topic the liberal media often avoids, but conservatives will talk about it. People are wired to cheat and steal. It's human nature. Notice in the workplace how toxic a team can become when there are slackers who don't contribute.

OfflineNonagon Infinity
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: Is anyone with education or wealth voting for Biden? [Re: RJ Tubs 202] * 3
    #26960210 - 09/29/20 01:56 PM (4 months, 29 days ago)

Quote:

RJ Tubs 202 said:
Notice in the workplace how toxic a team can become when there are slackers who don't contribute.

Notice how the owners of massive corporations and conglomerates contribute almost no labor, yet collect almost all of the profits generated by their employees, and then pit employees against one another in hopes of distracting them from the fact that they are being exploited for their labor.

In other words, notice how a toxic workplace is actually quite beneficial to an exploitative person who owns that workplace. An organized, unified workplace is a huge threat to an exploitative owner, because the workers could then organize themselves and clog up profits via a strike or other bargaining movement. It's far better for an exploitative owner if they have employees that believe other employees are the problem with the company.

--------------------

OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

Re: Is anyone with education or wealth voting for Biden? [Re: Nonagon Infinity] * 2
    #26960228 - 09/29/20 02:04 PM (4 months, 29 days ago)

Quote:

Nonagon Infinity said:
Quote:

Socrateshroom said:

That's a very good point. The two parties differ from one another in some ways, and not all of those differences are trivial, but there are many senses in which the two parties hold the same views. The overlap between Democrats and Republicans is what I would refer to as the American status quo.

Quote:

Socrateshroom said:

I don't know that I would necessarily call yourself a centrist based on that criteria alone, but terminology can be misleading. When I think of a centrist, I think of someone who agrees with the political status quo. If you are really hoping for a society structured according to Plato's ideal, then perhaps you are not a centrist.

Indeed, there is a lot of tribalism at play. I believe voting for a candidate in the current climate is akin to rooting for a sports team, and is quite detached from the idea of changing the status quo.

You may be right. I guess I perceive "centrist" through a philosophical lens, dependent on balance in all aspects of life.

I guess I'm not particularly qualified to talk "politics" as I don't believe in it per se. It has, like you mentioned, become akin to a sporting event for the average person. I feel that "politics" has become disconnected from its philosophical roots, a facade for the aristocracy to convince the rest of us how to think, feel, behave, etc with the intention of controlling us.

So perhaps I apply the labels incorrectly. Whatever I am, I'm a person who believes in intellectual discourse as a means to solving our differences.

--------------------
“When a man is just born, he is weak and flexible. When he dies, he is hard and insensitive. When a tree is growing, it's tender and pliant. But when it's dry and hard, it dies. Hardness and strength are death's companions. Pliancy and weakness are expressions of the freshness of being. Because what has hardened will never win.”

OfflineSocrateshroom
сталкер

Re: Is anyone with education or wealth voting for Biden? [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #26960232 - 09/29/20 02:09 PM (4 months, 29 days ago)

Quote:

RJ Tubs 202 said:
Humans are wired (thru evolution) to try to get as many resources for as little effort as possible...

I don't necessarily disagree with this but is there any empirical evidence that this is true?

I feel that culture and upbringing have just as much, if not more, to do with our "wiring". We live in an "immediate gratification" culture and perhaps this influence makes this manifest rather than some innate trait of the human being.

--------------------

Offlineqman
Stranger

Re: Is anyone with education or wealth voting for Biden? [Re: RJ Tubs 202] * 4
    #26960437 - 09/29/20 04:29 PM (4 months, 29 days ago)

Quote:

RJ Tubs 202 said:
Jonathan Haidt claims a significant distinction between the parties is differing views on fairness.

On the left, fairness often implies equality, but on the right it means proportionality - people should be rewarded in proportion to what they contribute, even if that guarantees unequal outcomes.

Although this is only one aspect of the differences, it's a big one. There's an cacophony of discussion about various aspects of "fairness" but rarely do we drill down on the fact people view issues of fairness differently. Humans are wired (thru evolution) to try to get as many resources for as little effort as possible... Many millions of dollars in pandemic relief are being fraudulently stolen by people, which is a topic the liberal media often avoids, but conservatives will talk about it. People are wired to cheat and steal. It's human nature. Notice in the workplace how toxic a team can become when there are slackers who don't contribute.

Conservatives whine about millions being wasted on the peasants, yet remain completely silent when $5 trillion goes to Wall Street. I'm sorry, but conservatives don't have anymore credibility in calling out waste and fraud than anyone else. They cover for The Elite and cry about the crumbs that flow into Main Street.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Is anyone with education or wealth voting for Biden? [Re: qman] * 3
    #26960505 - 09/29/20 04:57 PM (4 months, 29 days ago)

I live in one of the wealthiest and most educated towns in the United States and all you see is Biden signs. The fact is only stupid people vote for Donald Trump.

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Is anyone with education or wealth voting for Biden? [Re: koods]
    #26960508 - 09/29/20 04:58 PM (4 months, 29 days ago)

Quote:

To anyone questioning wealth knowing Cannabis, it was legalized in California under Donald Trump's administration.

Pretty bad take for someone who apparently thinks they’re smarter than the average bear.

--------------------
I am a violent pusher of the neo-marxist SJW agenda to destroy society.

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Is anyone with education or wealth voting for Biden? [Re: koods] * 2
    #26960578 - 09/29/20 05:37 PM (4 months, 29 days ago)

Quote:

koods said:
The fact is only stupid people vote for Donald Trump.

Metoo just posted a link showing Scott Adams to be a Trump supporter, who gave a very good explanation why.  He has an MBA from UC Berkeley and sounded pretty sharp.

So you're make believing again with your "fact"s.  I long for day you make an honest post.  :smirk:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Is anyone with education or wealth voting for Biden? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 3
    #26960707 - 09/29/20 07:02 PM (4 months, 29 days ago)

I don;t think it's a question of intelligence, it's a question of empathy. As OP vividly described, OP has a bachelor's degree and a 2br house. Why should he care about "little people"?

Similarly, why should I give a shit about little people like OP?

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

General Interest >> Political Discussion