Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineyewhew
Dead in Eternity

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Ego Loss
    #2695975 - 05/18/04 02:43 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

For those of you that have experience ego loss before:

A) Is ego loss a state of mind? i.e. is it a grand realization of some sort that sets your mind into a state that is totally unique? And you forget who you are in this way, but you still know who your reality-self is, but you have this new realization as to your puny and meaningless place here? You feel the "deeper" you goes beyond your human self and even your human mind and the way you think etc.

B) Or, is ego loss actually forgetting who you are. i.e. you don't know what is happening, you think you might be dead, you don't know how you got here, maybe this is a cosmic error?

C) Or, is ego loss not feeling your body and you only "feel" thought. i.e. you are nothing more than consciousness/awareness/thought.

I want to know exactly what ego loss is but as you can see I am confused.

Thanks!  :sun:

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
Re: Ego Loss [Re: yewhew]
    #2696264 - 05/18/04 03:33 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

It is rather a statelessness of mindlessness. Really hard to translate into communicative language. For me, I cease to think, but rather am just aware. I am aware of the extremely intricate system of energy that is God, and that "we" are a part of. The fact that your ego is gone allows you to subjectively be aware of everything simuntaneously, you no longer think at all like a human, for essentially the ego is the most definite part of the human experience. And no, you do not think of things as meaningless, quite the opposite actually. The complete universal awaresness is bliss and is perfect in everyway. Nothing is insignificant.

For me, sometimes I completely forget who "I" am, well other times "I" know who the identity of the body the fragment of consciousness I once resided in came from. But it no longer is a memory of self really, very hard to explain and my explanation sucks.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but it really is something you must experience to understand. Since my first egoloss, I no longer have any doubts about death, existence, or anything, and nothing seems to bother me at all as I realize (only through memory- the true realization fades with the trip) that everything is truly perfect. Everything is nothing.

InvisiblePhencyclidine
Molecule

#2696392 - 05/18/04 04:01 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I believe that "ego loss" is simply a state of mind characterized by random sensory processing.

Offlinemustard
Stranger
    #2698642 - 05/18/04 10:47 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

the best way i can probably describe it is a state of mind which blends the sense of dreaming and reality. i found it impossible to determine the difference between thinking something and actually, "doing" it. when every physical law or reality abandons you, all you can think about during an ego loss is what you have left, the universe.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Ego Loss [Re: mustard]
    #2699182 - 05/19/04 12:55 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Nowhere and everywhere.

Offlineshrooms777
Re: Ego Loss [Re: MOTH]
    #2699735 - 05/19/04 03:59 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

the whole universe becomes one, you feel empty spirutally. an example was when colors and numbers became one. I was no longer seeing things as a whole but broken up in colors and numbers! also I kept getting deja vu and the fact I may have stumbled in a parrallel universe

Offlineyewhew
Dead in Eternity

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Ego Loss [Re: shrooms777]
    #2699904 - 05/19/04 05:20 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

So ego loss is a state of mind and an awareness as I am understanding it. So, I can experience ego loss and at the same time say Hi to my friend? Or, I still remember who I am, feel my body, etc, but I am on this new plain of awareness?

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2699913 - 05/19/04 05:23 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

It's unexplainable, but you'll know if it's happening, I think.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2699988 - 05/19/04 06:18 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

what I experienced that I feel is what people are referring to when they say "ego loss" was totally wiping "me" away, meaning there was no "I" for a while, I wasn't there but everything else still was and it was making things very confusing for me (especially, most likely, my altered perceptions) :wink: rofl when I take high doses (which isn't often anymore..) my favorite part was coming back out of it like feeling "oh yeah I'm a fuckin human and this is where I am - these are the people who are here, and this is what's going on right now." sometimes it takes several evaluations of the situation in my altered state to realize that all we're doing is sitting around at least semi-quietly on shrooms :wink: which usually causes quite a laugh in me because it feels like there was so much more going on during the beginning of the peak when verbal communication was proving useless than mere fungus :laugh:

woah that's quite a rant.... I'm too lazy to re-read it so hopefully its not too annoying or incoherant

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
    #2700015 - 05/19/04 06:58 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

A. yes it is a state of mind , but it is a state of mind that doesnt necesarry makes you forget who you are and things like that, i see alot of people say that about ego death. Ego death is for me, a state of mind, where you wake up your inner third eye, giving you a state where you can either just float with it and be superhigh or you can meditate to try to achive a nirvana state of mind. Going beyond your ego opens your mind to a new way of thinking beyond what is normal, this can be about space and time and it often gives people a feeling that everything is one, that everything is somehow connected and that time is something you can go beyond, it gives a feeling of love, unity and graditude.

B\C:. not in my opinion but i hear other have claimed both things before.

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ug98TKkWKy0

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience