Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineBuckomcdoogle
Backwoods distillation expert
 User Gallery

Re: A Bet on Magic Mushrooms Made One Investor $316 Million Richer (trigger warning: pro-capitalist sentiment) [Re: ArthurFungarelli]
    #26959019 - 09/28/20 04:49 PM (1 month, 27 days ago)

Psicomvb said:
I get what you mean but I dont think anyone here is against the idea of making money on mushrooms. I'll speak for myself, I am against the idea of already rich people making millions off it, thus continuing to further that wealth gap and limit opportunities for success in this line of work legally for the average person when that time comes.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

That's what happened to cannabis in Washington and California.

150k just to get your foot in the door with the paperwork and legal shit.

They made it so the only people that are able to get into it are already millionaires.

Oregon did it right, ma and paw weed stores actually exist there.

--------------------
"Nothing is more dangerous to your creativity than comfort and familiarity"

“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.” - Zappa

"It's called rational thinking" - Zappa

"Logic leads to nihilism..."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHolybullshit
Stranger
Re: A Bet on Magic Mushrooms Made One Investor $316 Million Richer (trigger warning: pro-capitalist sentiment) [Re: bodhisatta] * 2
    #26959131 - 09/28/20 06:00 PM (1 month, 26 days ago)

Democracy =/= capitalism, just as oligarchies and monopolies are not part of a well functioning market economy

Quote:

“The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerated the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than the democratic state itself. That in its essence is fascism: ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power.” - FDR

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: A Bet on Magic Mushrooms Made One Investor $316 Million Richer (trigger warning: pro-capitalist sentiment) [Re: openmind]
    #26964344 - 10/01/20 06:21 PM (1 month, 23 days ago)

Quote:

openmind said:
Quote:

Psilosopherr said:
All due respect but it kinda cracks me up that people tend to be against anybody making money on mushrooms. As if it hasn't already been a commodity for years. Making money is evil

It's not so much the making $ on mushrooms/entheogens that I'm against, I'm not a fan of such but that's not really the big issue for me....I'm against certain groups of people being allowed to make millions of dollars on something when that something will land the average Joe in a cage and become labeled a criminal.  When that something belongs to and is a right for every human to have access to, we're locking people up in cages for growing or possessing it but allowing others to make millions of dollars from it. That's where the issue is for me.

Locking people up in a cage and labeling them a criminal for growing or possessing mushrooms while allowing others to make millions of dollars on that mushroom is a bit evil IMO. It's definitely not "right" . It's not the way it should be.

It's mostly the fact that certain people are allowed to make millions on something that I'm not even allowed to touch with my hands....Something I'm not even allowed to pull out the earth and hold in my hand, something I'm certainly not allowed to eat it, but some men with big $$$ are allowed to make a fortune off of it.

That just doesn't sit right with me at all.

If I am allowed to pick a mushroom out of the earth, if I am allowed to hold mushrooms in my hand, if I am allowed to eat mushrooms....if I'm able to do all of that with out fear of being labeled a criminal and and with out fear of potentially being locked up in a cage then I'd have much less of a problem with entheogens/medicinal plants being sold for profit.

But so as long as humans are being labeled criminals and are being locked up in cages and are being forced to pay the government fines/$ for growing, possessing, and/or consuming plants/fungi I feel that no business or individual should be allowed to make millions upon millions of dollars off of them.

-OM

Well said as always OM. You're always a treat to interact with

The question thats been on my mind lately is how do we write psilocybin therapy laws in a way that decriminalizes home-growing while also making it feasible for everyday joe's to get licensed to grow for profit. (though, if memory serves, in my state it only cost a couple grand or so to apply for a cannabis cultivation license. and its also legal to grow small amounts without a license.) I don't think a 'no millionaires' clause would be allowed but maybe i'm mistaken. That'd be cool if it was

So I guess if somebody were to write a different version of the psilocybin petition in oregon that also allowed home growing, how could the bill be written to make it feasible for everyday people to get licenses to grow for profit.

That sounds perfect for a first step.

Edited by Psilosopherr (10/01/20 06:23 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service