Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 367 | 368 | 369 | 370 | 371 | 372 | 373 | 374 | 375 | 376 | 377 | 378 | 379 | 380 | 381 | 382 | 383 | 384 | 385 | 386 | 387 | Next > | Last >
OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Puduwoke]
    #26950989 - 09/23/20 12:24 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

It might be from the fogger being on in the picture making it look weird. It was really soaked so I turned it down some yesterday to try and get more evaporation going to trigger pins in the middle but it’s still pretty wet.

I would think it was contaminated but the jar looked good and it colonized the sub super quick. Lol I keep trying to give it excuses cuz I’ve got some really nice plates of this clone.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredeyesmj
werdo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Middle of kansas
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: A.k.a] * 1
    #26953501 - 09/24/20 09:10 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
Where am I at?

[/url]
“To be godless is probably the first step to innocence," he said, "to lose the sense of sin and subordination, the false grief for things supposed to be lost."
So by innocence you mean not an absence of experience, but an absence of illusions."
An absence of need for illusions," he said. "A love of and respect for what is right before your eyes.”― Anne Rice, The Vampire Lestat

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Loc: the abyss
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: redeyesmj]
    #26953684 - 09/24/20 11:45 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Those are awesome :smile:

How much does the biggest one weigh?

--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

OfflineCamera93
We got dicks like Jesus
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26953957 - 09/25/20 06:55 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I've got 2 jalisco jars fully colonized
I plan to let the one sit and g2g eventually, the other I'm looking to spawn

1 quart spawn, 2 quarts coir, and a jiffy/sand 1:1 casing at spawn in a shoebox the way to go?

would anyone recommend dubbing from spawn? Or just plastic bag it?

--------------------
All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I’m fine.

Whatever you decide won’t really impact our survival
Close your eyes, and do the best that you can

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Camera93]
    #26954235 - 09/25/20 10:28 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Just an update, I've harvested two larger flushes from the Galindoi shoebox and I think I'm up around 11g dry now-- I've been too busy to take pics or do much with them aside from pluck out the mature ones and get them on my fan to dry out. I've noticed maybe 5% seem to abort at various stages.

I have noticed the past few days that there are some meatier ones starting to grow now, with thicker stipes and larger caps-- in addition to a couple that have a very interesting bell-shaped cap that looks quite different from the others-- or from any I've seen here.

The pity is that because I work so much I haven't had an opportunity to try for prints yet, since I typically have just a couple minutes before work to pull the mature ones to dry before leaving for 15 hours.

I'm hoping that they will continue to get bigger over time and that they will become candidates for printing in sync with my days off so that I can try and put some caps to foil for the community to enjoy.

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Loc: Up Over
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: coAsTal] * 3
    #26954238 - 09/25/20 10:30 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Here is an overdue log of a rare find that was sent to me by Doc9151 over a year ago of the first Psilocybe tampanensis to be discovered in Florida since Steven Pollock's single specimen was discovered in Tampa, Florida back in the late 1970's. Doc's finds were also the first recorded wild finds with actual sclerotia attached to a few of the specimens. It was logged on mushroom observer with DNA confirmed by Alan Rockefeller here - https://mushroomobserver.org/317458?q=12BpO

Here are some of Doc's photos of some of the finds -

For an interesting insight into Steven Pollock's life, death and for the story of his only find of the sclerotia producing Psilocybe he named 'tampanensis' in Florida in 1977, I highly recommend taking the time to read through this amazing article by Hamilton Morris - https://harpers.org/archive/2013/07/blood-spore/

The link to Doc1951's original finds and subsequent follow up threads can be found here - https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25225634/fpart/1/vc/1, here - https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25244269 and here - https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25406226

A huge thank you to Doc1951 for the honour of working with these rare finds!

:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

I received the spore print of two specimens, labelled -

#1= Psilocybe tampanensis, location perdido river usa,
#2= Psilocybe tampanensis location Beulah fl usa, this is (from) the specimens Alan did the DNA analysis on.

I got around to plating up several dishes from each specimen on the 14th November 2019 -

Noticed the first signs of growth on the 19th of November -

And these were some photos I uploaded of the plates on the 3rd of December -

Transfers were taken to fresh plates of some of the fastest looking growth from each specimen -

I used a small transfer from a dark patch of agar from specimen #2 to start a small jar of sorghum. The assumption was that this may have been the start of a sclerotia and I was trying to isolate some sclerotia producing genetics. One week later the jar had colonised and growth looked very clean so was transferred to a large spawn bag of sorghum on the 11th December 2019 -

I then chose multiple clean sectors away from the inoculation sites from each multispore plate of specimen #1 to a grain jar, and repeated for  specimen #2 - to capture as much genetic diversity as possible from each specimen to be able to hunt for the best looking sclerotia from each for cloning. I made 3 jars in total... two from specimen #1, and one from specimen #2 -

Im aware of the risk of working with T1's of wild plates, but i had clean transfers on fresh plates as back ups and am just using these jars to look for the best truffles for cloning. For that reason using lots of sectors and capturing a larger sample range of MS genetics was beneficial for a range of sclerotia, and all growth looked clean. I also isolated away from the inoculation sites to minimise any piggy back contaminations from the point of inoculation, but all T1 jars colonised fine.

The large spawn bag colonised in 3 days -

I noticed the first sclerotia forming in one of the jars after about 2 weeks -

After this I left the jars and spawn bag to do their thing in the back of a cupboard and forgot about them.

:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

This is how things were progressing as of the 17 February 2020 -

And the bag -

Life got very busy and they were left to mature over winter and do their thing.

The extra time seemed to help as they really plumped up and developed a lot over the course of winter and here is how the bag is looking now -

The colonised grain jars are looking very mature and I am hoping to crack them open very soon to find the best sclerotia for cloning. I plan to grow out the best looking sclerotia from each specimen and then try and fruit each of those clones and take prints. This is how the grain jars are looking now -

Specimen #1 -

Specimen #2 -

Another jar of specimen #1 -

I'll also try and fruit what is leftover after harvesting the truffles from each jar with the aim of getting some early fresh prints of each specimen for preservation.

I'll update with pictures as soon as I get time to harvest and take clones of the best looking sclerotia and with a bio-assay result. :tripping:

Thanks again to Doc9151 for the chance to work with these amazing and rare finds! :thumbup::mushroom2:

InvisibleMycolorado
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Interdimensional Bootcamp
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: _OttO_]
    #26954243 - 09/25/20 10:33 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Totally awesome! :rockon:  Blood Spore is a great, sordid mess of a story.

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Mycolorado]
    #26954381 - 09/25/20 11:56 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

So frickin cool!!!

Thanks for sharing all that :smile:

--------------------

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

― Friedrich Nietzsche

InvisibleGanja420Boy
Heroic Doser
 User Gallery

Loc: CoSmoS
    #26954511 - 09/25/20 01:28 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I tried taking a spore print from mine but it didn't drop any spores. Cap was pretty wide open too.

--------------------

....Synthesized love story or is it just a crazy dream....

OfflineCelestialexplorer1
Male

Loc: Floating in a tin can
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Ganja420Boy]
    #26954534 - 09/25/20 01:56 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Been having the same issue caps 3/4in big but no spores. Usually when I wait as long as I have been I get spores.

--------------------

To spend just one moment in eternity

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Celestialexplorer1]
    #26954544 - 09/25/20 02:02 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I been having trouble printing caerulescens too :/ maybe todays batch will work better

--------------------

― Friedrich Nietzsche

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic

#26954576 - 09/25/20 02:25 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

c10h12n2o said:
I been having trouble printing caerulescens too :/ maybe todays batch will work better

Please keep us updated on those Cea.
I have 2 jars of grains colonizing.

How long was the time frame for colonizing and grains etc ?:takingnotes:

--------------------
:sporedrop:Trade List:sporedrop:

LAGM2021

Invisibleredeyesmj
werdo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Middle of kansas
    #26954701 - 09/25/20 03:43 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

c10h12n2o said:
Those are awesome :smile:

How much does the biggest one weigh?

Thank you!!! I didn't weigh any just harvested and printed....i will try and get some weights of bigger specimens on my next harvest.

Nice post and info _ottO_

--------------------
Where am I at?

[/url]
“To be godless is probably the first step to innocence," he said, "to lose the sense of sin and subordination, the false grief for things supposed to be lost."
So by innocence you mean not an absence of experience, but an absence of illusions."
An absence of need for illusions," he said. "A love of and respect for what is right before your eyes.”― Anne Rice, The Vampire Lestat

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Puduwoke]
    #26954730 - 09/25/20 04:08 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Puduwoke said:
Quote:

c10h12n2o said:

Please keep us updated on those Cea.
I have 2 jars of grains colonizing.

How long was the time frame for colonizing and grains etc ?:takingnotes:

Grains went normal, took 3mo in fruiting to pin tho!! I tried 5 different ways and only one worked.. thicker casing, super careful w humidity, moving between shelf and FC

They abort REALLY easy

Lol this casing has been sittin so long it has moss growing on it

--------------------

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Male

#26954839 - 09/25/20 05:33 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

I have a ps. papuana mini mono right now and it smells and looks so much like mexicana I keep expecting to see sclerotia pop up. I have the caeruls on grain now moving slow. Maybe that’s a common theme.

huautla de jimenez is slow on grain as well but moving
Chicon nindo is super quick has colonized every quart in less than ten. No sclerotia visible at all. Hope that means it’s a good fruiter.

Still working on A

--------------------

Male

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Celestialexplorer1]
    #26954847 - 09/25/20 05:38 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

The first HDJ grains I made are all colonized exept for the very top.

Always annoying.

Thinking about just scratching off the uncolonized top grains and casing the grains

Also no visible sclerotia in the HDJ.

--------------------

Edited by Celestialexplorer1 (09/25/20 05:39 PM)

OfflineSmoothcat
Renegade-master
 User Gallery

#26955064 - 09/25/20 08:27 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

One atl jar from March

Spawned to two lasagna trays coir/verm on 8th August

Cased around 30th August (not exact) with pasteurised cactus soil and placed in jcm pan chamber.

One got green and I managed to harvest some stones and the other one had to temporarily leave due to unforeseen circumstances. Then it cam back and I harvested 77g of stones from it.

By the time it was back with me it had practically dried out. I also noticed a tiny bit of green while I was harvesting. The top of the casing was white, not brilliant white bit like a whispy light dusty ashy type of white. I assume some kind of contam. I think I’ve learnt that I need my sub to be a bit thicker and my casing a lot thinner and also I think I need more air/evaporation in my chamber as the sub got absolutely drenched to the point where it was starting to fill up with water.

No fruits this time but all a learning process...had I more time I could have possibly made the adjustments and allowed them more time in the chamber. Although from what I gather these don’t always want to fruit and I’m happy with that amount of stones . Still got two jars from March looking good...maybe I’ll have to try again.

--------------------
Back once again with the ill behaviour

Links I like

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: Smoothcat]
    #26955585 - 09/26/20 05:30 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Oh man those are gnarly stones. So much seed and peat.

Celestial that bag should be ok, a while back filthyknees ran a test where he collected the uncolonized top layer from a bunch of bags and spawned them all together and it ran totally normally. So I guess they’re actually colonized but just not visibly.

I used to get super annoyed cuz my jars would never colonize the top but then I made new lids with smaller Ge holes and it mostly fixed it.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Edited by A.k.a (09/26/20 09:08 AM)

Male

Re: The OFFICIAL Stone producer/sclerotia thread and discussion [Re: A.k.a]
    #26955746 - 09/26/20 08:42 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Kinda figured it was just too much GE. I had never used these bags before and when I got that I felt that might be a problem

--------------------

Edited by Celestialexplorer1 (09/26/20 08:46 AM)

OfflineSmoothcat
Renegade-master
 User Gallery

#26956225 - 09/26/20 02:42 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

So how are people keeping their stones? I’ve seen conflicting info on here. I’ve seen a couple of tc’s saying don’t dehydrate just bang in jars and stick in the fridge. I’d rather not dehydrate if it’s not necessary but how long do they keep for generally?

--------------------
Back once again with the ill behaviour

Links I like

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 367 | 368 | 369 | 370 | 371 | 372 | 373 | 374 | 375 | 376 | 377 | 378 | 379 | 380 | 381 | 382 | 383 | 384 | 385 | 386 | 387 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale