Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCosmic Eye
The 2nd tallest
Male User Gallery

Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: Nifflerz]
    #26950582 - 09/23/20 07:12 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I thought a real pc worth having for gaming was atleast 1200$. But both consules are almost as good as a pc. 120fps right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYokal
Stranger
Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: Cosmic Eye]
    #26950585 - 09/23/20 07:17 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

A 3080 is 700 bucks
Will blow both consoles out of the water.
I have a 1660 ti which at least gets me sixty frames on any game i throw at it, jus waiting for a mobo.

I could spend another two years on last gen, theres really no reason for me to start any new games right now.

InvisibleCosmic_Flame
THE BREAKFAST EMPRESS
Female User Gallery

Loc: Under The Sea
Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: Nifflerz] * 1
    #26950615 - 09/23/20 07:47 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I'm gonna pass on both and get a ps4 when the price drops or buy used soon. I'm not very interested in 4k gaming just yet. I might pick up a 4k tele next year. My current TV still has some life left in it but its definitely reaching its end. That would be more for movies vs gaming anyways.

I don't really mind spending whatever I need to on this stuff cause I look at them like investments into my mental health and leisure time. I haven't really been out much this year and the way things are going that's not going to change. I rarely upgrade anything unless I need to. I dealt with a crappy mouse for forever until it finally died on me and I had no choice but to buy a new one. I'm pretty stubborn when it comes to upgrading anything as long as its working. I'm also super frugal so there's always wiggle room if I want to splurge or not. But with all the advancements happening atm its kind of hard not to want to. Like VR looks so fun but I can't justify a purchase like that yet :uhoh:

--------------------
Pull the blinds and change their minds....

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: Cosmic_Flame] * 2
    #26950652 - 09/23/20 08:16 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I've always been a Nintendo guy. MS and Sony always seem to be doing pretty much the same thing, consoles similar to each other that target a similar market. And none of the exclusives either has are anything I'm too familiar with for the most part. I'll check them out when they're old and the games are cheap. The newest systems I own of either are a 360 and a PS2, wouldn't have bought them as priced at launch. The PS2 I have was one someone was throwing out. They also had a PSX and a Sega Genesis. I don't have any cords or games for the Genesis though.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: Cosmic_Flame] * 1
    #26950711 - 09/23/20 09:00 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cosmic_Flame said:

I'm pretty stubborn when it comes to upgrading anything as long as its working. I'm also super frugal so there's always wiggle room if I want to splurge or not. But with all the advancements happening atm its kind of hard not to want to. Like VR looks so fun but I can't justify a purchase like that yet :uhoh:

Yeah same here. Before I upgraded my last two TVs (one in each room) I had a couple of plasma TVs (which have been discontinued) and both were dying. And I still rode them out for like 2 years. One had a vertical pink line that was the length of the entire screen and the other had suffered burn-in.

My sound bars are also nearing ten years old but they still seem to be doing okay so for now I'm still sticking with them.

And I also really wanted to buy the PlayStation VR but when I started looking a couple years ago that shit was like $700 bucks

:notlikely:

--------------------

InvisibleCosmic_Flame
THE BREAKFAST EMPRESS
Female User Gallery

#26950715 - 09/23/20 09:03 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cosmic Eye said:
I thought a real pc worth having for gaming was atleast 1200$. But both consules are almost as good as a pc. 120fps right?

Actually you can do it for under 700 nowadays. You just have to cheap out on certain parts, go with stock cooler/fans. Easy and affordable upgrades to make whenever. Budget processors have become pretty powerful, as well as gpus. You'd be able to play anything on medium settings at the very least (generally is what consoles play at) and high in some @ 1080p/60fps.

I put this together pretty fast as an example. This could be even cheaper but I went with reputable brands.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xwpmdm

--------------------

InvisibleCosmic_Flame
THE BREAKFAST EMPRESS
Female User Gallery

#26950754 - 09/23/20 09:24 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
Quote:

Cosmic_Flame said:

I'm pretty stubborn when it comes to upgrading anything as long as its working. I'm also super frugal so there's always wiggle room if I want to splurge or not. But with all the advancements happening atm its kind of hard not to want to. Like VR looks so fun but I can't justify a purchase like that yet :uhoh:

Yeah same here. Before I upgraded my last two TVs (one in each room) I had a couple of plasma TVs (which have been discontinued) and both were dying. And I still rode them out for like 2 years. One had a vertical pink line that was the length of the entire screen and the other had suffered burn-in.

My sound bars are also nearing ten years old but they still seem to be doing okay so for now I'm still sticking with them.

And I also really wanted to buy the PlayStation VR but when I started looking a couple years ago that shit was like $700 bucks

:notlikely:

I want the HTC Vive Pro Eye system...its 1200 I think :lol: It should come down in price eventually. I'll probs skip on VR too. The longer I wait the better it'll be. Skyrim VR looks so fun though!

I too need a new speaker setup but I'm getting new headphones first which I desperately need for my music creation cause the ones I've had forever actually just broke down recently..I lose my hearing in an ear for weeks, it finally comes back and headphones go kaput, like why..

I also had a plasma do that too! Many lines and burn in but it was a champ :sadyes:

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: Cosmic_Flame]
    #26950799 - 09/23/20 09:49 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cosmic_Flame said:

I want the HTC Vive Pro Eye system...its 1200 I think :lol:

:eek:

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

#26950800 - 09/23/20 09:51 AM (3 years, 6 months ago)

And yeah Cosmic, those plasmas looked great at first -- the picture quality was very deep and vivid, almost like a poor man's OLED at the time but little did we know that they were rampant with burn-in. In fact I think that was one of the primary reasons they discontinued them.

--------------------

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pacific North West Flag
Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: Lophosaurus] * 1
    #26950966 - 09/23/20 12:09 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I agree, im not gonna buy either one. I have a great pc and that's about all someone needs. Most good PCs rn anyway probably wont get MUCH better in the following decades

InvisibleGood for Health
Male User Gallery

Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: Saul Ptamets]
    #26951154 - 09/23/20 02:17 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I was going to pre-order the PS5.  But after remembering how underwhelming the PS4 release was I'm going to wait.  I still have a bunch of games I need to play on PS4 & Nintendo Switch.  Just my two cents.

InvisibleKelazam
All
I'm a teapot

#26951194 - 09/23/20 02:30 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Nah. My first PC I bought was a $700 prebuilt Alienware, I bought it with my saved up paper route money at the time.
You can buy cheap computer that have one or two good parts in them and then just upgrade later on! You can still play any game that consoles have plus download steam and have literal thousands of free games that you can download and have forever! Most are not worth playing because they are free but there are some really good ones like cs:go, dota, league of legends, smite, any indie game.

Another pro to PC gaming is that customization. You can customize your graphics settings in all PC games to match your computer specs.
Trust me guys, it's worth it to get a computer instead of a console. I guarantee that you will thank me later. Consoles are the past and cost to much money, like who tf still uses physical CD discs now adays?! Uninformed console players that's who. They literally make you PAY MORE MONEY just to use your own internet connection that you are already paying for so you can play multiplayer.... scummy. Spend more for prebuilt or build your own *very easily* for much much cheaper. Youtube tutorials, read websites, ask the community. I built my pc and build and resell computers for a living, if you need any help with it I'd be glad to help with what I can.

If you decide to join the PC Master Race then please remember to pray to your holy savior Gaben.

--------------------

OnlineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: Good for Health]
    #26951198 - 09/23/20 02:31 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

arthur_mcpipes said:
I was going to pre-order the PS5.  But after remembering how underwhelming the PS4 release was I'm going to wait.  I still have a bunch of games I need to play on PS4 & Nintendo Switch.  Just my two cents.

yeah, too right. Time will tell.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: Kelazam] * 2
    #26951234 - 09/23/20 02:47 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Kelazam said:
Consoles are the past and cost to much money, like who tf still uses physical CD discs now adays?! Uninformed console players that's who.

If you decide to join the PC Master Race then please remember to pray to your holy savior Gaben.

You are the gaming Hitler and I think you would exterminate the console race if you could, your hate for them knows no bounds

--------------------

InvisibleKelazam
All
I'm a teapot

#26951255 - 09/23/20 03:01 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

No I don't hate the actual people who play on consoles. I hate the COMPANIES THAT MAKES EM!

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: Kelazam]
    #26951361 - 09/23/20 03:53 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

If I and a PC player were both dying and you could only choose one to live admit it you would save the PC player without even thinking twice

You think we are inferior beings

Also if you could have slaves you would have a console player as a slave

--------------------

InvisibleKelazam
All
I'm a teapot

#26951403 - 09/23/20 04:16 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

That's quite the collection of words to put in my mouth. I don't think console players are "inferior" to pc players. We use the term "console peasant" and "pc master race" because that is what it's called, it's slang, it's a joke. You'd understand if you were a pc guy.

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

#26951410 - 09/23/20 04:18 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

You want to genocide us just admit it

--------------------

InvisibleKelazam
All
I'm a teapot

#26951420 - 09/23/20 04:28 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I want to genocide sony and microsoft for ripping people off:smile:

--------------------

OfflineShiVersblood
VAmPiRES HELLA ❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: United States of America Flag
    #26951456 - 09/23/20 04:56 PM (3 years, 6 months ago)

I feel like the new consoles are being released too early. why should people constantly be forced to buy new consoles? i still have a ps4

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder