Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinerepemon
journeyman
Changing the way of lifestyle.
    #2695080 - 05/18/04 05:51 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

First I am going to tell something about myself.
I am 18-year old boy, and I live at Finland. I've done the school, and I got my first job that will last longer than 2 months if I want to. I still havent done the civil service that is forced by the goverment of Finland (army is the other option and I dont want to do that). Now that I have this job and no school anymore, I am offered a very interesting choice. I could go to Amsterdam and live there with two of my friends and be an artist.

I am very interested in art, have been all my life. Played violin for 14 years, quit last year. I have also great interest for visual arts and performances, and this is what I would be doing at Adam also. Now that I think about it, it could be the choice of my life, as I dont really respect material values, job is a way for me to travel and experience things.
But, if I choose to move there, I would also have to leave my friends, parents and sister I love, and many other things I enjoy. Now, I know you all will say "choose for your own good" and stuff, but, I would like to hear some storys of others who have done such a dramatical change in lifestyle. Was it easy to leave things behind?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Changing the way of lifestyle. [Re: repemon]
    #2695083 - 05/18/04 05:55 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I moved from the US to Norway 2 years ago. Now I'm moving in 1 week to Denmark. Moving to Scandanavia definitely has been a great choice. I really miss my family, and my friends back home - but what with the internet, connection between people becomes much easier to keep. I'd definitely say go where your feet take you. For me, life is a big trip - and, being only 19, it's a trip that's just really begun.

Besides, Holland isn't really that far from Finland, you can always venture back home if you miss the sauna and salmiaak :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2695087 - 05/18/04 05:58 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Okay...while I've not made a drastic country-to-country change, I did change cities that are three hours apart on a whim in a matter of days. 

On Wednesday I decided to move.  On Friday I was there.  :smile:

I haven't regretted my decision at all.  Sure I missed some friends, but I made new ones and haven't lost contact with the old ones. 

Moral of the story:  I wasn't happy where I was living, and so I took a chance and changed it with happy results. 

Now, with your situation.  If I were you, I'd probably go for it.  You only live once, and if you move there, it's not like it's for forever or anything.  You'll have plenty of time to move back to Finland if that is what you want.  You're young, take advantage of the opportunity now.    :smile:

Good luck

*me*

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2695093 - 05/18/04 06:05 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

You have excellent english. I want to tell you that while money isn't everything, it takes a certain amount to make a person happy. You can follow your dreams but what's the point if you just chase them into a gutter? Make sure you can keep yourself up and then follow your dream.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2695094 - 05/18/04 06:07 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Wouldn't you still receive social support from Finland even while in Holland? Not sure what the exact rules are in Finland, but I'm pretty sure they have as much social democracy as we have in Norway...

--------------------

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
    #2695130 - 05/18/04 06:39 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

When I was 20 I took a job at NORAD and worked in a town called Luwingu in Zambia and worked there for 3 years with homeless children. I was teacher, soccer coach and uncle for them and it has inspired me to work more with children, I am now currently involved in bulding a home for children in russia among other things. Before this I had no goals in life really but my uncle inspired me to come along and work with him in Africa.

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ug98TKkWKy0

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom