Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleNiffla
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: ShiVersblood]
    #26951463 - 09/23/20 07:01 PM (3 months, 25 days ago)

Quote:

ShiVersblood said:
I feel like the new consoles are being released too early. why should people constantly be forced to buy new consoles? i still have a ps4

I agree -- I wish they weren't coming out until like late 2021 or even 2022.

I wouldn't even be getting one right now though, but I just happened to be looking for a 4K blu-ray player and then realized that both of these offer that luxury in addition to of course the games themselves.

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinetwigheadS
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmi... Flag
Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: Niffla]
    #26951467 - 09/23/20 07:03 PM (3 months, 25 days ago)

Y'all got any more dem grass fed console players?

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

InvisibleNiffla
Male User Gallery

Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: twighead]
    #26951565 - 09/23/20 07:53 PM (3 months, 25 days ago)

Quote:

twighead said:
Y'all got any more dem grass fed console players?

:joneswtf:

--------------------

OfflineTranceDaDude
Stranger
    #26951680 - 09/23/20 08:55 PM (3 months, 25 days ago)

Can't wait to play demon souls with updated graphics, ps5 for the win

OfflineCosmic Eye
The 2nd tallest
Male User Gallery

Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: Niffla] * 2
    #26951748 - 09/23/20 09:50 PM (3 months, 25 days ago)

Ok so for the record I have NEVER had any Playstation of any kind fail on me in my 20 year PS career. Even ones Ive kept for many years. Most of my friends had red ring of death at some point, even multiple times. Jus sayin.

Imo if you go pc, you have to shell out $1200-$1500 for a real one. I mean why get a pc if you cheap out on parts as it runs the same as a 3rd or 4th gen consule. Dont get me wrong pc is far superior and worth the money, but for most casual gamers in 2020, a $500 more popular console is the better choice. If I were a big time gamer I would  almost definantly go pc, with a ps4 controller..

And dont say pc's never break. Based on exp, pc's break too. A $300+ graphics cards seem to have a lifespan of only 2-3 years. Fans burn out. Systems crash etc. Thats not even what the thread is about!

InvisibleKelazam
All
I'm a teapot

Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: Cosmic Eye]
    #26951753 - 09/23/20 09:53 PM (3 months, 25 days ago)

:justno:
$500 is more then enough

--------------------
Self ban for a long time

Edited by Kelazam (09/23/20 09:54 PM)

InvisibleNiffla
Male User Gallery

#26951768 - 09/23/20 10:06 PM (3 months, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Cosmic Eye said:
Dont get me wrong pc is far superior and worth the money, but for most casual gamers in 2020, a $500 more popular console is the better choice. If I were a big time gamer I would  almost definantly go pc

Yep. If I was a serious gamer I'd definitely consider a PC instead.

But I'm not. Nowadays I'm a casual gamer at best, so a PC is not really an option for me.

--------------------

Invisiblesplit_by_nine
DCLXVI

Loc: great basin
    #26951810 - 09/23/20 10:28 PM (3 months, 25 days ago)

@cosmic eye: yeah, same. in all my life as a gamer i have never had a console break or fail. not even once. nintendo, sega, playstation or xbox. never once had to replace a console. i have heard stories of that happening but never experienced it myself.

--------------------
by demons..be driven..beckon the call

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pacific North West Flag
Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: ShiVersblood]
    #26951850 - 09/23/20 10:56 PM (3 months, 25 days ago)

dog its been 7 years haha. U lucky they don't release em like they do call a duty HAHAHA

InvisibleJokeshopbeardM
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: Kelazam]
    #26951878 - 09/23/20 11:19 PM (3 months, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Kelazam said:
$500 is more then enough

For a PC?!?!

LOL, what kind of self-respecting gamer would spend $500 on a PC?

I'd spend that on a graphics card alone, were I still into building them.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

OfflineYokal
Stranger
Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #26951913 - 09/23/20 11:39 PM (3 months, 25 days ago)

A p.c. every six years is nothing, you spend that much on xbox live and psn

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: Yokal]
    #26951970 - 09/24/20 12:25 AM (3 months, 25 days ago)

xbox live is 60 a year. 60x7 does not equal what a pc does. Ur trippin.

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
    #26951971 - 09/24/20 12:25 AM (3 months, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
Quote:

Cosmic Eye said:
Dont get me wrong pc is far superior and worth the money, but for most casual gamers in 2020, a $500 more popular console is the better choice. If I were a big time gamer I would  almost definantly go pc

Yep. If I was a serious gamer I'd definitely consider a PC instead.

But I'm not. Nowadays I'm a casual gamer at best, so a PC is not really an option for me.

PC is definitely an option. You can't even play Rimworld on PS5. These people saying you need $1200+ for a PC are completely wrong. If you shop bargains you can build a great PC for $400. For $600 you can build something as good as the PS5 or better. I built mine for $600 couple years ago and it is still amazing, plus I could upgrade parts if I wanted the newest bestest specs.

--------------------
If You're Going Through Hell,
KEEP GOING!

InvisibleSaul Ptamets
FairlyUnbalanced
Male User Gallery

#26951974 - 09/24/20 12:28 AM (3 months, 25 days ago)

Exactly. A 1-time purchase (most likely)or a console that gets upgrades often that require xbox live or psn. Along with that ur buyin new games every new console and if ur a controller abuser like me u gotta buy new controllers often haha

InvisibleJokeshopbeardM
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: Lophosaurus]
    #26951981 - 09/24/20 12:35 AM (3 months, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Lophosaurus said:
If you shop bargains you can build a great PC for $400.

That's entry level, sans monitor or input devices. Hardly 'great'.

One could not run any demanding games on a rig like that.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

OfflinetwigheadS
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmi... Flag
    #26951998 - 09/24/20 12:53 AM (3 months, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Cosmic Eye said:
Ok so for the record I have NEVER had any Playstation of any kind fail on me in my 20 year PS career. Even ones Ive kept for many years. Most of my friends had red ring of death at some point, even multiple times. Jus sayin.

Imo if you go pc, you have to shell out $1200-$1500 for a real one. I mean why get a pc if you cheap out on parts as it runs the same as a 3rd or 4th gen consule. Dont get me wrong pc is far superior and worth the money, but for most casual gamers in 2020, a $500 more popular console is the better choice. If I were a big time gamer I would  almost definantly go pc, with a ps4 controller..

And dont say pc's never break. Based on exp, pc's break too. A $300+ graphics cards seem to have a lifespan of only 2-3 years. Fans burn out. Systems crash etc. Thats not even what the thread is about!

I don't know about the graphics card lifespan estimate - I've been running my 1070 through for about 4~ years...still going very strong, just keep it clean- but otherwise, I agree!

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
    #26952069 - 09/24/20 02:13 AM (3 months, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
Quote:

Lophosaurus said:
If you shop bargains you can build a great PC for $400.

That's entry level, sans monitor or input devices. Hardly 'great'.

One could not run any demanding games on a rig like that.

Yeah, that's not including monitor because I figured you would hook it to a TV. When I say bargains I mean like waiting for Black Friday deals and/or buying some used parts.

I paid $500 to $600 a couple years ago and I haven't found a game that I can't handle and they all look beautiful. That is without bargain shopping too. You can build a nice rig for that price. Not top of the line, but still very nice and comparable to Xboxes.

--------------------
If You're Going Through Hell,
KEEP GOING!

Offlineblessed

Loc: ation: Tasmania Flag
Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: Cosmic_Flame] * 1
    #26952281 - 09/24/20 09:29 AM (3 months, 24 days ago)

Until a few months ago I was planing to get the series X but after buying a $2500 (au) pc in march of this year thanks to government payments I've kinda gone off my current Xbox One X console.  Not because its now crap and definitely not because of PC gaming being better, it's just because I like first person shooter and a keyboard and mouse offers better control then a console controller ever could.  I also like command and conquer games too and a mouse and keyboard is best for those types of games too.

Still. I've got 40 plus xbox one games and I've only played about 3 of them in depth (Witcher 3 is one of them).  So instead of getting the new xbox, im just gonna keep playing with my current console along side of pc gaming.  Then when the next consoles come out (could be up to 10 years away) I'll get one of them.  That's the plan.  Basically in my opinion, the best gaming experience is having both, the console connected to the 60 plus inch 4k tv in the living room and the pc with a good 40 inch 4k gaming monitor in the bedroom or wherever you have it set up.  But if i had to pick one?, i wouldn't.  I want the left AND right tit :thumbup:

Quote:

Niffla said:
Quote:

ShiVersblood said:
I feel like the new consoles are being released too early. why should people constantly be forced to buy new consoles? i still have a ps4

I agree -- I wish they weren't coming out until like late 2021 or even 2022.

I wouldn't even be getting one right now though, but I just happened to be looking for a 4K blu-ray player and then realized that both of these offer that luxury in addition to of course the games themselves.

Niffla, concerning getting a new console to play movies on, I suggest getting one of those proper remotes that have come out for recent consoles that looks and feels like a normal dvd/blu ray player remote (I assume they'll be bringing them out for these new consoles).  I've found that using a standard controller is not that good for controlling the player side of things. It can be done but not as good as a remote imo.

Quote:

Cosmic_Flame said:
Quote:

Cosmic Eye said:
I thought a real pc worth having for gaming was at least 1200$. But both consules are almost as good as a pc. 120fps right?

Actually you can do it for under 700 nowadays. You just have to cheap out on certain parts, go with stock cooler/fans. Easy and affordable upgrades to make whenever. Budget processors have become pretty powerful, as well as gpus. You'd be able to play anything on medium settings at the very least (generally is what consoles play at) and high in some @ 1080p/60fps.

I put this together pretty fast as an example. This could be even cheaper but I went with reputable brands.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xwpmdm

That list you have there has a poor gpu. With only 4 gigs of vram It would struggle to play new AAA titles at decent settings, and if you have to turn down the settings comparable to a console (closer to a PS3/4) then what's the point of that pc? These new console would be better visually then that build hands down.  And because most people already have a tv in the living room they don't need to buy a dedicated screen like a pc needs, unless you use a monitor you already had from you last pc. but it still cost you money.  Point I'm making is that most people have tv's regardless of a console, so when a console is bought, 8 times out of 10 there's no additional cost whatsoever.

Now may i please get something off my chest please (not aimed at you Cosmic_Flame)

I personally think that anyone who considers them self to be part of the pc master race to actually be a master joke.

Pc's are the best??? really.  Look at the joke that is the new nvida card release.  No one can get one because your main gpu provider doesn't know how to launch a product very well.  Then there's the Tech Youtubers..... While hardly anyone can buy a new card the gpu makers are sending them like up to 3 or 4 new gpus per popular youtubers just so that people can see what they can't buy anytime soon.  Worst still 90% of tech youtubers, are rubbing it in people's faces that they got another new 3080 (pc centric... I'm looking at you)

THEN for one of the world's first 3090 test, nvida gets/sponsors that mega tech YT guy Linus to play on a massive super expensive 8k screen that most people can't ever afford which btw, im sure everyone was wanting to see the 3090 tested that way!!!  Most people can't afford the cost of the 3090 itself.  And if they can afford one?, there's no stock anyway!!!!  You call this kind of BS as being part of the best???? lol :rofl2:

I know that the argument is more about which has better graphics, but those of you who praise the mighty PC need to remember, that these things (3000 series issues) are part of your pc discipleship-ness.  And it also includes that many people get ripped off when they go to a computer shop for their first shiny pc.  Not everyone has the confidence to build their own and not everyone knows someone that can help too.  My point is PC gaming has it's own issues and their not all small ones.

So, if this is what the best is, all you master race guys and girls are just plan stupid and so full of yourselves that you've lost touch with reality  :mindblown:

You know people are starving right now don't you!!?!!  Get over yourself  :billythumbdown:

If you've read my entire post then thank you and sorry (just blowing off some steam). I want to play pc games at 4k max settings and to do that i need to spend another thousand or two thousand dollars ON TOP OF WHAT I'VE ALREADY SPENT just to get what I want :thumbdown:.

So this means the cost to me for better then new console graphics are/is;

PC - $2500 australian dollars

I7 9700 cpu
asrock z390 motherboard
32 gigs of ram @ 2666MHz (cpu limited)
500 gig ssd & 1.8 tb hard drive
1660 super 6g gpu

plus

$800 au for a 43 inch 4k samsung tv (similar gaming monitors cost $2000 - $3000)

and then i need a new gpu

2080 ti - $2500, 1st gen raytracing not the best and from memory not every game can play at 4k max settings at 60fps so this card won't do

3080 will cost around $1500 au bucks but currently only comes with 10gigs of vram so will start to struggle in next few years, not good enough sorry..... next!!!!

and that leaves the 3090, around $2500 or more au bucks

so

$2500 plus $800 plus $1500 or $2500 depending on gpu so lets go $2000 for the gpu

that comes to $5300 australian bucks ($3721 us) just so I can play games at 4k max settings at a steady 60 frames per second.

Cheap my arse!!!!!!!!

I could buy a console and hire 3 hookers (im ugly) for half a day to come over and play some games at my house and then i could play with their x-boxes for a while too.

Sounds better to me :wooawesome:

Sorry.... what was the question?

--------------------

Marco Simoncelli (1987 - 2011)

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 905 Flag
Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: blessed]
    #26952303 - 09/24/20 09:53 AM (3 months, 24 days ago)

I wonder why demand is so high for those new Nvidia cards. What I've heard is that there was a huge jump in capabilities for price with this generation.

--------------------
BAN OP 2021

InvisibleNiffla
Male User Gallery

Re: PS5 or Xbox Series X? [Re: blessed]
    #26952304 - 09/24/20 09:53 AM (3 months, 24 days ago)

Thank you for the tip on the remote :thumbup:

And I agree, the PC elitists make me wanna

:puke:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Community >> The Pub